Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,771 members, 7,827,850 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:54 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (815) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4416622 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (812) (813) (814) (815) (816) (817) (818) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Akorkor(f): 11:01pm On Feb 22, 2017
Please mama, Una welldone oh!! How do I get rid of this rashes or whatever it is from my daughter body. I have used agnesia,shear butter and even A+D ointment I got for baby diaper rashes which can also be use for skin but they are not going.

Please note that am not using any cream for her. Just bath and her body has been smooth since birth. Make una help me touch light this mata o@feddy27,alphahandmaiden,enque and all other sabi mama.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by realdentist(f): 1:19am On Feb 23, 2017
jazzyjazz:
Good afternoon mamas
Please is it normal for babies to suddenly cry when they are sleeping?
This has been happening to my ds lately
He will be sleeping and suddenly he will let out a loud cry and stop after a few seconds and then it will look like he didn't even cry. This happens with his eye still closed

Also pls how do I get rid of my big belly and weight? I thot it was going down but it doesn't look like it is. We're dedicating our ds end of march and I'd like to look better than I look now. I honestly don't love my body right now and it's affecting my confidence so much that I don't even flaunt it in front of dh like I used to before pregnancy

Cc mizmycoli, alphahandmaiden, realdentist, soonest, abeg all sabi mamas. 
I guess he may be dreaming. Sometimes they smile in their sleep, so I guess they can cry too. Never experienced this tho.
For d tummy, have u been doing tummy exercises? Check YouTube for videos of tummy exercises. U can use different search phrases eg exercises for flat abdomen, etc
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by feddy27: 1:26am On Feb 23, 2017
faari:
hi.

My princess is 5+, she has refused the bottle; from birth even. So they use spoon for her formula feeding at her crèche and I know it is time consuming.
So two advice I need
1) is it d bottles? I got advent and then tomnytippe still nothing. Is there a different bottle that she may accept? How do I make her accept it. Someone suggested coating with breastmilk cos I introduced formula at 5 months. Or should I mix breast milk with her feed?

2( we wanna start solids, I got nutriben (8 cereal+4 fruits) she accepts it so far from the spoon but it seems wasteful as she still manages to spill it all over.

What can I start feeding her? Natural food I mean when she is 6 months.

She was born 2.6 and now she's 7.8kg at 5 months. Is that normal?

Hey dear, sorry for responding late...

For the bottles, I would say ditch it since she's 5mths+... my daughter also had dis bottle rejection episode. We use tommee tippee, ended up buying Avent and Dr brown; still she refused. Even spoon was not successful, I ended up using syringe! I had to mk all dese efforts cos she's less dan 5mths.

Don't worry about the 'wastage'... she's only getting used to the food. try diff age appropriate cereals for her.

You can start feeding natural foods from 4mths. If you are on instagram, check august secrets, she has lovely natural recipes for babies.

7.8kg at 5mths is a healthy weight

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by boladale(f): 6:11am On Feb 23, 2017
Hello mums. Pls can anyone help me on info for vaccinations? My baby is 2 and half years old now but only took vaccinations given by the govt. So i discovered she missed chicken pox, pneumonia & otitis media, MMR, rotavirus, meningitis, typhoid fever and perhaps any other I'm not aware of. We would really like to have her get them. Is this still possible? Can anyone who knows help me with info on costs and where they can be accessed please? I live in festac but can take her anywhere within Lagos.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by realdentist(f): 8:29am On Feb 23, 2017
Proudmum:
my 16months old daughter fell n hit her teeth against the step. her teeth are shaking. still bleeding a little. pls will the teeth be strong again? I feel terrible now. she's playing around now as if nothing happened. but I still feel terrible. help pls. pls
pls take her to a dental clinic so they can evaluate her properly. Did d teeth change position? If there's no break anywhere they will firm up again
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Livez: 9:17am On Feb 23, 2017
Is it bad for a breastfeeding mum to take honey, will it harm the baby? Sabi mamas, abeg, answer cuz I have been taking honey.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Gr8fulHeart(f): 9:55am On Feb 23, 2017
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dtush(f): 10:04am On Feb 23, 2017
babythug:
@dtush..... Give your hubby a big hug and even kiss on my behalf please.....

The only thing I picked from your story was that he stayed home to watch the baby because she was unwell etc etc

I assume he sacrificed on whatever he had to do that day!

If only more Nigerian husbands would break out of stereotypes and be more cooperative as regards running the household and child care we wives would certainly be less stressed and less dependent on external people for child care!

Even where they cant leave their jobs to stay home at least don't leave the Mrs to figure it all out by herself.

I shudder to imagine if Mr dtush had done the typical "I can't stay home changing diapers ish"

I praise God for your family.

God bless and keep us all

Lol, dont make his head swell oo. He tries wen i am not dere, but once i am home like dis, he no send. When i got home yday he was struggling to put on her diaper and my madam thinking he was playing Peekaboo was running up and down giggling , while he was shouting, am not playing oo, am not playing oo. Immediately i entered he just put the diaper down n said i am done for the day. I will certainly show him.

God keep them all for us

9 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugah: 10:27am On Feb 23, 2017
[quote author=beeejaylere post=53967753][/quote]
Congrats. I'm glad it helped.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ebony13: 11:24am On Feb 23, 2017
Pls mamas help me. My babies' hair is falling off. The head is having different bald areas. Please what shampoo or hair oil can I use to stop it?
Pls don't read and pass
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by gwng: 11:47am On Feb 23, 2017
gwng:
Educational Toys for Kids:

Wooden Shape Sorting Clock (#2,000): learn shapes, colours, numbers and counting then gradually to learn to tell the time. Teaches fine motor skills, numbers, colors, shapes, and concepts of time. Can help cultivate baby’s hands, eyes, brain coordination ability, exercise finger flexibility to guide the baby paradigm shift capability, essential goods for the children to learn and grow

Tetris Brain Teaser Puzzle Toy (#3,500): Creative puzzle, using a variety of building blocks, posing a variety of graphics. Aims at Training kids imagination, eye-hand coordination and color & shape recognition

Early Mathematics Educational Box with Wooden Numbers (#3,000): Learn numbers and alphabets, Learn simple maths arithmetic, Helps develop kid’s intelligence and practical manual ability.

Kids Educational Microscope Kit (Magnifies 100-1200X) #7,500: Microscope Kit encourages scientific exploration and discovery, introduces a key scientific tool in a fun way.Provides high magnification for educational applications,100x, 400x, and 1200x Magnification. Super educational toy includes everything necessary for a child to be introduced to science and get started dissecting specimens. Monocular viewing head with LED,Comes with multi-piece accessory kit

Call 08060675824 to order or visit https://edtech.com.ng/product-category/educational-toys/

Delivery available all over Nigeria.

Still available, see pics in original post.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugarcanebaby: 12:54pm On Feb 23, 2017
Viewer discretion needed beyond this point.

My four months old baby is currently in admission at the hospital where he is being treated for cough, catarrh and malaria. Diagnosis is chest infection.

Yesterday he started stooling especially after every meal. He is in sma formula and breast milk. What does this mean. The poo has lump slimy with mucous. They are treating it with zinc tablet.

Has any mama gone through this?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugarcanebaby: 1:07pm On Feb 23, 2017
Pics below

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by wanney: 1:40pm On Feb 23, 2017
sugarcanebaby:
Pics below

The stool looks similar to what my baby had some months back. It lasted a week and stopped after i started using Milton to sterilize her bottles.

My opinion is its an infection.

Was using microwave steam sterilization for her bottles previously,After i noticed a change in stool and increased number of pooping, I replaced this with Milton tablet and it stopped about two days after.(Her stool went back to normal)

He will be fine by God's grace.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by wanney: 1:43pm On Feb 23, 2017
ebony13:
Pls mamas help me. My babies' hair is falling off. The head is having different bald areas. Please what shampoo or hair oil can I use to stop it?
Pls don't read and pass

I'm not in the best position to give advice on this subject matter.But my sis once mentioned her kids loose their hair between 4-6 months,and it grows back naturally after.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lastbornop: 2:52pm On Feb 23, 2017
sugarcanebaby:
Pics below

my DS is 6 months and had same around 4-5months. i did some research n discovered it was because of excess saliva n mucos been produced due to teething. taking lots of foremilk sometimes causes this.
with time it will go, i really dont think it shud be a cause for alarm.
other mamas can shook mouth o.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lastbornop: 2:52pm On Feb 23, 2017
sugarcanebaby:
Pics below

my DS is 6 months and had same around 4-5months. i did some research n discovered it was because of excess saliva n mucos been produced due to teething. taking lots of foremilk sometimes causes this.
with time it will go, i really dont think it shud be a cause for alarm.
other mamas can shook mouth o.

http://www.breastfeeding-problems.com/mucous-in-the-stool.html
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugah: 3:32pm On Feb 23, 2017
ebony13:
Pls don't read and pass
Is the bald area and the scalp in general dry and flaky? It's most like cradle cap.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by passionantchica: 3:33pm On Feb 23, 2017
Dear Jazzyjazz, please don't be too hard on yourself, you're just 6 weeks post.

However,
The most important part of losing the weight is being active.
Find a way to walk, even if it means taking your LO along with you.
Daily 20 minutes walks, with no other fitness routine, can be a game changer.

With my first baby, I was size 10 before pregnancy, and blew up to a 16 afterwards.
I didn't even know when I dropped back to size 10, but it took about 7 months.
All I know I did was- 5 minutes walks for about 4 times a day, like 3 days a week (hope this my grammar is clear smiley )
And I didn't even notice I had lost all the weight by 7 months.

So take it slow, enjoy your present state, be active, have fun with your LO, and be confident with your current body, YOLO you know?

jazzyjazz:
I'm using postpartum belt but I'm not really seeing any difference. It's been 6weeks already......or maybe it's just me......I don't even know again sef

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 4:43pm On Feb 23, 2017
Sorry I'm just replying. The only time we had rashes, I used 'rising raving' powder n it stopped

Akorkor:
Please mama, Una welldone oh!! How do I get rid of this rashes or whatever it is from my daughter body. I have used agnesia,shear butter and even A+D ointment I got for baby diaper rashes which can also be use for skin but they are not going.

Please note that am not using any cream for her. Just bath and her body has been smooth since birth. Make una help me touch light this mata o@feddy27,alphahandmaiden,enque and all other sabi mama.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Akorkor(f): 4:52pm On Feb 23, 2017
enque:
Sorry I'm just replying. The only time we had rashes, I used 'rising raving' powder n it stopped

Thank you
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by shrekandfiona: 5:10pm On Feb 23, 2017
[quote author=dtush post=53880728][/quote]
awwww... you got it all covered then. kudos to you. The Lord is your muscle. Being a mum and a career woman is really tasking. not an easy something smiley

coming from a mum of 3, an employee and also an employer of labour
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by shrekandfiona: 5:13pm On Feb 23, 2017
jazzyjazz:
Pls can u explain how it's done? And how many times per day it shld be done?
you know like when you hold and release pee intermittently without holding your breadth. You can do this all the time, when sitting, driving, cooking, walking etc. but don't do it on a full bladder o.

sounds easy but definitely works.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by shrekandfiona: 5:22pm On Feb 23, 2017
jazzyjazz:
Good afternoon mamas

Also pls how do I get rid of my big belly and weight? I thot it was going down but it doesn't look like it is. We're dedicating our ds end of march and I'd like to look better than I look now. I honestly don't love my body right now and it's affecting my confidence so much that I don't even flaunt it in front of dh like I used to before pregnancy

Lol cheesy take a deep breadth dear and RELAX. you will get back in shape in due time. you are just 6 weeks post partum what took you 9 months to gain, you think you can loose all in 6 weeks?

My advise and what worked for me:
keep breastfeeding your lo till about 6 months
take hot teas (ginger or green tea is good for weight loss)
anytime your hungry after 7pm, drink hot tea without milk, chew veggies like cucumbers, garden eggs
when your done with breastfeeding as in you have stopped o, squeeze half lemon in warm water, drink 1st thing before breakfast and last thing at night.
keep doing house chores when you can.

You'll be back to your figure 8 in due time trust me. btw, i am 61kg at present after all my kids.

4 Likes 7 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 5:24pm On Feb 23, 2017
Akorkor:

Thank you

I made it in a paste with water before applying it on her neck
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by shrekandfiona: 5:28pm On Feb 23, 2017
Proudmum:
my 16months old daughter fell n hit her teeth against the step. her teeth are shaking. still bleeding a little. pls will the teeth be strong again? I feel terrible now. she's playing around now as if nothing happened. but I still feel terrible. help pls. pls
her teeth will be strong again na cheesy. she never grow her permanent teeth yet.

My son who is about same age has hit his so many times i can't count. but when he bites you eh... you'll be surprised at how strong it is.

what i do when he hits his and it bleeds, i clean with warm salty water and presses his jaw/mouth with an ice pack. while pressing sef, he is busy chewing the ice grin

you may take her to the dentist though to feel better.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by passionantchica: 5:38pm On Feb 23, 2017
Hello mums,
Please when do you start cleaning your baby's tongue?
My baby is 7months now but I'm Just wondering.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ebony13: 6:40pm On Feb 23, 2017
wanney:

I'm not in the best position to give advice on this subject matter.But my sis once mentioned her kids loose their hair between 4-6 months,and it grows back naturally after.

Really? The rate at which it's falling off, before 6 months it would be fully bald embarassed

Sugah she has cradle cap but its just at d frontanelle area, the areas where the hair is falling out from is free from cradle cap. Could it still be the cause?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Proudmum(f): 7:23pm On Feb 23, 2017
Thanks a lo.. I apappreciate
shrekandfiona:

her teeth will be strong again na cheesy. she never grow her permanent teeth yet.

My son who is about same age has hit his so many times i can't count. but when he bites you eh... you'll be surprised at how strong it is.

what i do when he hits his and it bleeds, i clean with warm salty water and presses his jaw/mouth with an ice pack. while pressing sef, he is busy chewing the ice grin

you may take her to the dentist though to feel better.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Proudmum(f): 7:25pm On Feb 23, 2017
OK.. Thank you. I appreciate
realdentist:
pls take her to a dental clinic so they can evaluate her properly. Did d teeth change position? If there's no break anywhere they will firm up again
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 8:17pm On Feb 23, 2017
Good evening o
Please I've come again.

So this afternoon I noticed my ds voice changed. It now sounds like the voice of someone who is losing his or her voice even when he cries it is no longer loud or normal like it's been. Abeg should I worry? In fact I'm worried

Cc
Realdentist
Soonest
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugah: 8:24pm On Feb 23, 2017
ebony13:

Really? The rate at which it's falling off, before 6 months it would be fully bald embarassed

Sugah she has cradle cap but its just at d frontanelle area, the areas where the hair is falling out from is free from cradle cap. Could it still be the cause?
Yes it is

(1) (2) (3) ... (812) (813) (814) (815) (816) (817) (818) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.