Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,375 members, 7,954,521 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 09:09 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (98) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4548733 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) ... (2516) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by joilin(f): 1:17pm On Aug 07, 2014
ayolight:
Tnks i tot as much. But d problem is dat she does not like takin water despite d fact dat she love adult food nd u knw i cnt give her food without water. So my hands re tight
What if I say ur the cause of her low weight. Pls give her the adult food she likes but make it softer than urs and also give her fruits like Banana, pear, and avocado to help soften her poo. Then use a sipy cup to give her water even if its small you can try often. My baby 6mths old baby loves pear a lot and it has always help in terms of her poo
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by joilin(f): 1:41pm On Aug 07, 2014
jboixxx: Hello mums & dads in da house! Please, can one feed 9mths old LO blended Q Oats? What's your take on adding Glucose D to his meals too? He's my first child, so kinda new to baby care/meals. Thanks
Yes. Oats can be giving to babies from six months. According to wholesome babyfood, oats cereals is beter than rice receals in regards to constipation. For Glucose D, I think u should not give him unless medically adviced to do so or do you have a particular reason you want to add it to his meal?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jboixxx: 4:44pm On Aug 07, 2014
joilin:
Yes. Oats can be giving to babies from six months. According to wholesome babyfood, oats cereals is beter than rice receals in regards to constipation. For Glucose D, I think u should not give him unless medically adviced to do so or do you have a particular reason you want to add it to his meal?
Thanks for d response. Will avoid d glucose D; have no reason though.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by diamondc(f): 7:13pm On Aug 07, 2014
Evening mums and dads. Am a first time mum and my babys gum z scratching her. Always looking for whr to scrach d gum. What will I do and how soon will I expect d teeth. Again how will I handle teething problems
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by diamondc(f): 7:14pm On Aug 07, 2014
Forgot to say she z just 4months
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Honeyberry007: 11:06pm On Aug 07, 2014
Good evening mums and dads
please i want to know which baby milk will be the best for a constipated baby. Am a 1st time mum[color=#990000][/color]
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lovinam: 11:28pm On Aug 07, 2014
What do you mean by a constipated baby? Is your baby's poo hard? Have you seen a doc?
Honeyberry007: Good evening mums and dads
please i want to know which baby milk will be the best for a constipated baby. Am a 1st time mum[color=#990000][/color]
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Honeyberry007: 11:35pm On Aug 07, 2014
Her poops are hard and she use to cry while poopin. I've not seen her ped.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 2:29am On Aug 08, 2014
diamondc: Evening mums and dads. Am a first time mum and my babys gum z scratching her. Always looking for whr to scrach d gum. What will I do and how soon will I expect d teeth. Again how will I handle teething problems
buy teething riing for her,she will be using it to scratch her gum,u will boil d teething ring for like 10mins for it to be soft(nt too soft)and for d chemical to go out of it,start using oshe eyin(soap for teething frm alagbo)to bath ur baby so dat the teething won't disturb ur baby too much,buy wrist band for teething ,and pls dnt buy teething powder for babies,it harm them
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 2:30am On Aug 08, 2014
diamondc: Forgot to say she z just 4months
the teeth can come out either 5-7months,ciao
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 2:33am On Aug 08, 2014
Honeyberry007: Her poops are hard and she use to cry while poopin. I've not seen her ped.
hello,what kind of milk re u feeding her,and how many month is she,what kind of food re u giving her also
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ijeoma2728(f): 6:07am On Aug 08, 2014
Honeyberry007: Her poops are hard and she use to cry while poopin. I've not seen her ped.
If she's up to 6 months,give her natural orange juice nd lots of water,it worked 4 ma baby
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jam04(m): 6:49am On Aug 08, 2014
diamondc: Evening mums and dads. Am a first time mum and my babys gum z scratching her. Always looking for whr to scrach d gum. What will I do and how soon will I expect d teeth. Again how will I handle teething problems
you can buy her a soother. also at this stage, you must be extremely careful about stuffs around her cos she will tend to use anything she sees to rub her gums.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jam04(m): 6:59am On Aug 08, 2014
Honeyberry007: Good evening mums and dads
what can of food is she one? baby or adult or combination of both? constipation in baby fed is majorly caused by not giving adequate water after feeding and at intervals during the day
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lovinam: 7:17am On Aug 08, 2014
Hello dear. You need to be detailed so we don't tell you the wrong thing. What are you currently feeding your baby? How long has she being constipated. How many months is your baby?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Honeyberry007: 3:20pm On Aug 08, 2014
Hi mums, thanks a lot for the replies. My baby is 8months. She feeds on pap and cerelac (rice cereal) but mostly on pap. I do give her enuf water. And i've tried giving her orange juice still nothing. She's been like this for lemme say a month now.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Honeyberry007: 3:21pm On Aug 08, 2014
[quote author=Honeyberry007]Hi mums, thanks a lot for the replies. My baby is 8months. She feeds on pap and cerelac (rice cereal) but mostly on pap. I do give her enuf water. And i've tried giving her orange juice still nothing. She's been like this for lemme say a month now. Am using NAN2 baby milk.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 3:30pm On Aug 08, 2014
Simplesoul05:

thank u Zik...

can we start feeding her milo when she clocks 6month?
I don't knw much about milo, I use ovaltine 4 my kids. From 6 months up.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lovinam: 10:26pm On Aug 08, 2014
Hmmmm. You need to see her ped. How thick do you make the cereal? That could be a factor. Keep giving her the orange juice. Pls not the packet juice but freshly squeezed orange juice. 10baby spoons of it should make her poop well. Well if you are near shoprite or any maajor supermarket look for prunes puree. Either from purity foods or gerber. It can make ur baby poo
Honeyberry007: Hi mums, thanks a lot for the replies. My baby is 8months. She feeds on pap and cerelac (rice cereal) but mostly on pap. I do give her enuf water. And i've tried giving her orange juice still nothing. She's been like this for lemme say a month now.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jam04(m): 8:42am On Aug 09, 2014
[quote author=Honeyberry007][/quote] what are the constipation signs she is exhibiting?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Honeyberry007: 3:23pm On Aug 09, 2014
Thanks mums......
I do make her pap and cereal watery. The sign is that she cries a lot when she poopin and the poo use to be very strong. I gave her 1oz of freshly squeezed orange juice and she poop that night and its was not that strong. Am so happy thanks a lot mums. I really appreciate your advise.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by favoredgal: 4:50pm On Aug 09, 2014
Pls my baby has this rashes on her neck.

Does any body have any idea what it is and what I can use for it. She is. 4 months. Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by julijuu: 11:21am On Aug 10, 2014
@favourdgal it looks like ela in English infant eczema use mycoten antifungal cream or baby tirbotan creAm mixed with ori{ Shea butter} but mycoten works faster Dan tribotan
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jboixxx: 4:16pm On Aug 10, 2014
favoredgal: Pls my baby has this rashes on her neck.

Does any body have any idea what it is and what I can use for it. She is. 4 months. Thanks

This MIGHT be prickly heat rash. Does s/he has it anywhere else or just the neck region? Search for pityriasis (Tinea) versicolor-the literatures & pics to know more about "Eela". If you're sure its Eela, do as advised in d earlier post, though my paed advised against the use of mycostatin. She recommended lamisil for 5wks (about 1600/tube) & advised we mix baby tribotan with sheabutter b4 use later (if we wish to use it at all). I used lamisil & mashed d leaf attached with his/her soap (remove the thorns first). MyAdviseOnly, as what works for my son might not for your LO.

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by favoredgal: 4:31pm On Aug 10, 2014
julijuu: @favourdgal it looks like ela in English infant eczema use mycoten antifungal cream or baby tirbotan creAm mixed with ori{ Shea butter} but mycoten works faster Dan tribotan

Thanks dear. Bought baby tribotan. Fingers crossed
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sandiyke(f): 7:05pm On Aug 10, 2014
favoredgal:

Thanks dear. Bought baby tribotan. Fingers crossed
my dear my son had same and I used rising raving powder and it worked magic cos it really was sturbon.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by favoredgal: 7:13pm On Aug 10, 2014
sandiyke: my dear my son had same and I used rising raving powder and it worked magic cos it really was sturbon.

Ok, will keep that I'm mind if the baby tribotan doesn't work. Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by udoka2: 8:57pm On Aug 10, 2014
@favoredgal
As already said, its eczema, if baby tribotan doesn't work, try sudocream. If u hv extra virgin coconut oil, mix with ori and use on her. Never agreed on d wonder of coconut oil + ori, until I started using it on my son, I add jojoba oil to my mixture.

@honey
My son loves adult food, especially eba+draw soup, he had constipation for two weeks even though he takes lots of fruit puree and oranges, nothing helped until I read that coconut oil helps, I tried it, the rest is history. He is 8months so pls read to know if ur baby can take it shd he/she not be up to 8months.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by favoredgal: 10:51pm On Aug 10, 2014
@jboixxx
It's only on her neck. The pharmacist said it's heat rashes, because she isn't raising her neck up fully yet. So sweat gathers on the neck folds and irritates the skin.

Will continue with the baby tribotan then explore the other suggestions if it doesn't work

Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Tushmum(f): 7:50am On Aug 11, 2014
Goodmorning my people,Am a FTM and my 4months old son has this rash round his left eye which he scrashes esp while breastfeeding,only his left eye side.Pls what can be the cause and how can I use?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by favoredgal: 8:44am On Aug 11, 2014
Thanks @ udoka2 noted
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jboixxx: 10:18am On Aug 12, 2014
favoredgal: @jboixxx
It's only on her neck. The pharmacist said it's heat rashes, because she isn't raising her neck up fully yet. So sweat gathers on the neck folds and irritates the skin.

Will continue with the baby tribotan then explore the other suggestions if it doesn't work

Thanks

U can opt for Agnesia powder if it's rashes. Check her scalp too cuz Eela do affects scalps. If (some part of) her scalp is whitish, then u myt av to treat Eela alongside.

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) ... (2516) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.