Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:36 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (99) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4412463 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bammytal: 12:08pm On Aug 12, 2014
IMPORTANCE OF DRINK WATER!!!

DO YOU KNOW THAT Water is the most important nutrient for our bodies.

Our body is about 70% water
Brain is 85% water
Blood is 82% water
Bone is 25% water
Muscles is 75% water

Next to oxygen, water is the next most important nutrient for our bodies. Water is an important element in life. Kidney can't function properly without enough water.

Decrease in water intake will cause fat deposits to increase in the body while drinking enough water is the best treatment for fluid retention. Drinking enough water forces excess salt out through the kidney.

Most times when you have headache, joint pain heartburn or depression, your body is simply crying out for water. People who do not drink enough water can easily develop kidney and bladder disorder due to heavy concentration in their urine
they passed out. It relieves constipation It help the body to flush out metabolized fat and helps in weight loss.

If you have not taken water today, please do so now that you know better.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lovinam: 6:16pm On Aug 12, 2014
Hello dear. Sometimes rashes on the face can be caused by saliva. Apply soap on a wash cloth and scrub a the area. Use another wash cloth to wipe clean. I apply medication when I'm sure natural method doesn't work. Apply a lil prickly powder. This is the age they put their fingers in their mouth and draw a lot of saliva.

Yes babies scratch their hair, ear or face while suckling. Lol
Tushmum: Goodmorning my people,Am a FTM and my 4months old son has this rash round his left eye which he scrashes esp while breastfeeding,only his left eye side.Pls what can be the cause and how can I use?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by favoredgal: 6:52pm On Aug 12, 2014
jboixxx:

U can opt for Agnesia powder if it's rashes. Check her scalp too cuz Eela do affects scalps. If (some part of) her scalp is whitish, then u myt av to treat Eela alongside.

Thanks. Nothing is on her scalp
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by diamondc(f): 7:28pm On Aug 13, 2014
Good evening mums nd dads. My 4months baby gal z having greenish poop. What could b d cause and wat can I do to stop it.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by favoredgal: 7:57pm On Aug 13, 2014
diamondc: Good evening mums nd dads. My 4months baby gal z having greenish poop. What could b d cause and wat can I do to stop it.

Is she exclusively b.fed? It has something to do with fore and hind milk you can read it up. The solution is to let the baby completely empty one booby before switching to the other. That way they get not only the fore milk but the hind milk that is rich in fat and other essentials
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by diamondc(f): 8:16pm On Aug 13, 2014
favoredgal:

Is she exclusively b.fed? It has something to do with fore and hind milk you can read it up. The solution is to let the baby completely empty one booby before switching to the other. That way they get not only the fore milk but the hind milk that is rich in fat and other essentials
. Tanks ma. She z on exclusive will do exactly dat.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ayobarmy(m): 7:04am On Aug 14, 2014
hi mummies in the house, how are ur kids doin? it's been a while being here bcuz of some few challenges, but God as finally interveined. please my wife as been complaining of pain in her lower abdomen anytime i went deep into her during sex, even when she got pregnant, she was diagnosed of short cervix, but she had the baby successfully after so much pain. but am still concerned about that pain during sex. though doc says it's nothing to worry about that, that's the way her body is.... any1 with such experience and possible solutions? ....
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ayolight(f): 9:27am On Aug 14, 2014
ayobarmy: hi mummies in the house, how are ur kids doin? it's been a while being here bcuz of some few challenges, but God as finally interveined. please my wife as been complaining of pain in her lower abdomen anytime i went deep into her during sex, even when she got pregnant, she was diagnosed of short cervix, but she had the baby successfully after so much pain. but am still concerned about that pain during sex. though doc says it's nothing to worry about that, that's the way her body is.... any1 with such experience and possible solutions? ....
did she deliver tru CS?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 12:37pm On Aug 14, 2014
Hi mommies in d house,pls my baby poo is vry hard,yesterday when he want to poo,he was crying and the poo was vry hard and small,I'm giving him rice and maize cereal now,before I gave him wheat cereal which dnt make him to be constipated,though,I always eat bread now,so my mum said its d bread dat caused it(I'm breastfeeding him and he also eating cereal)he is six month,so I decided to drink orange maybe it will help with his constipation,pls mothers,what can I use for his constipation,and what flavour of cereal can I give him after eating wheat,and rice with maize cereal,thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jboixxx: 1:10pm On Aug 14, 2014
MojAyo: Hi mommies in d house,pls my baby poo is vry hard,yesterday when he want to poo,he was crying and the poo was vry hard and small,I'm giving him rice and maize cereal now,before I gave him wheat cereal which dnt make him to be constipated,though,I always eat bread now,so my mum said its d bread dat caused it(I'm breastfeeding him and he also eating cereal)he is six month,so I decided to drink orange maybe it will help with his constipation,pls mothers,what can I use for his constipation,and what flavour of cereal can I give him after eating wheat,and rice with maize cereal,thanks

Read here that Rice and Wheat cereals r better digested than Maize cereals. Be conscious of the consistency of the prepared meal in the ratio of water to d cereal. Give him water at intervals and u could give him Oranges and Peas too.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 1:43pm On Aug 14, 2014
jboixxx:

Read here that Rice and Wheat cereals r better digested than Maize cereals. Be conscious of the consistency of the prepared meal in the ratio of water to d cereal. Give him water at intervals and u could give him Oranges and Peas too.
I took orange myself,can a baby at 6month take orange,and what's peas,and for d measurement of meal,I measured it d way they said we should be giving him and I also add milk to it,e.g two spoonful of cerelac,I spoonful of milk,sometimes if I prepare d meal with d measurement written there,its thick or light,when its too thick,I add liTtle water for him nt to get constipated,
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jboixxx: 4:00pm On Aug 14, 2014
MojAyo: I took orange myself,can a baby at 6month take orange,and what's peas,and for d measurement of meal,I measured it d way they said we should be giving him and I also add milk to it,e.g two spoonful of cerelac,I spoonful of milk,sometimes if I prepare d meal with d measurement written there,its thick or light,when its too thick,I add liTtle water for him nt to get constipated,
Pears, I meant, & yes he's good to take pears juice. LO of 6mths can take Oranges & mashed banana. Make his cereals lighter. Wait for the mamas to add more. My 1st baby is 9mth 3days; I'm still new to all ds!!

Edited: check ds link out.... http://www.livestrong.com/article/496430-are-pears-good-for-constipation-in-infants/#page=1
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lovinam: 6:48pm On Aug 14, 2014
I thot we told you sometime ago to stay away from maize cereal? Pls pay heed to advice from experienced mothers. Maize causes constipation, especially nigerian cerelac. We also told you to give ur baby rice cereal that its the best. You can keep the wheat till baby gets to 9months.

Pls quickly buy fresh orange( not packet orange juice ). Squeeze and give him at least 15 spoons. That's his baby spoon. Make sure there is no seed in it. Also give him plenty water. Stay away from maize cereal!!!
MojAyo: I took orange myself,can a baby at 6month take orange,and what's peas,and for d measurement of meal,I measured it d way they said we should be giving him and I also add milk to it,e.g two spoonful of cerelac,I spoonful of milk,sometimes if I prepare d meal with d measurement written there,its thick or light,when its too thick,I add liTtle water for him nt to get constipated,

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 4:25am On Aug 15, 2014
lovinam: I thot we told you sometime ago to stay away from maize cereal? Pls pay heed to advice from experienced mothers. Maize causes constipation, especially nigerian cerelac. We also told you to give ur baby rice cereal that its the best. You can keep the wheat till baby gets to 9months.

Pls quickly buy fresh orange( not packet orange juice ). Squeeze and give him at least 15 spoons. That's his baby spoon. Make sure there is no seed in it. Also give him plenty water. Stay away from maize cereal!!!
thank u dear,I dnt want to give him,bt dats what's in d market,hope orange can't hurt a baby at 6month,u knw sometimes,d flavour of cerelac u wish to buy may nt be in d market,u mean I should stay off wheat for him
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 4:30am On Aug 15, 2014
lovinam: I thot we told you sometime ago to stay away from maize cereal? Pls pay heed to advice from experienced mothers. Maize causes constipation, especially nigerian cerelac. We also told you to give ur baby rice cereal that its the best. You can keep the wheat till baby gets to 9months.

u re talking like dis,some of what u prescribe here re nt in d market,and baby needs to eat,only if u can direct me to where I can get those flavour,okay I will stop d rice and maize flavour for him,which flavour did u think I should give him now,advice needed urgently,tanx
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jboixxx: 5:08am On Aug 15, 2014
MojAyo: u re talking like dis,some of what u prescribe here re nt in d market,and baby needs to eat,only if u can direct me to where I can get those flavour,okay I will stop d rice and maize flavour for him,which flavour did u think I should give him now,advice needed urgently,tanx
S/He said you should avoid d maize NOT rice or whea. Rice is most preferable for 6mths old until LO is 9mth before given him wheat; so stay off wheat cereals for the next 3mths. If there's no rice-based cerelac out there, you should go for Friso-Gold or any other brand then. Orange is OK for 6mth old. Just squeeze/extract d juice out & filter to get rid of the seeds & roughages.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 5:49am On Aug 15, 2014
jboixxx:
S/He said you should avoid d maize NOT rice or whea. Rice is most preferable for 6mths old until LO is 9mth before given him wheat; so stay off wheat cereals for the next 3mths. If there's no rice-based cerelac out there, you should go for Friso-Gold or any other brand then. Orange is OK for 6mth old. Just squeeze/extract d juice out & filter to get rid of the seeds & roughages.
tanx dear,how do u mean friso-Gold,is it nt a formula,people re telling me rice cereal make babies constipated,dat I need something high fiber for him like wheat,barley or oatmeal,u see being a first time mum is nt easy,I'm just so confused,at d supermarket,they tell u d food is good so dat they make sales,eish
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by breadplanets(f): 8:52am On Aug 15, 2014
MojAyo: u re talking like dis,some of what u prescribe here re nt in d market,and baby needs to eat,only if u can direct me to where I can get those flavour,okay I will stop d rice and maize flavour for him,which flavour did u think I should give him now,advice needed urgently,tanx
Try to read carefully what other mothers are saying na! They told you here over and over again to avoid maize cereal for now ok you went to the market they convinced you to buy it and you did. You gave it to your baby and its giving him constipation wont that expereince alone tell you that its not good for him for now? What else do you want anyother person to tell you. Abeg calm down, like someother person said *e no dey hard like dat abeg!

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by udoka2: 9:12am On Aug 15, 2014
@mojayo
if you must give him rice, try brown rice, but avoid maize for now. my son got constipated when l gave him heinz rice cereal, but was fine on gerber brown rice cereal. You also have Oat meal. You have alots of flavours to chose from unless you are buying brand that do not offer varities of flavours. For instance, Gerber, has multigrain, brown rice, oat meal, oat meal with apple, oat meal with banana etc. Change the brand if the brand you are using doesnot offer varity. pear helps to soften stool, you can give him purred pear mix into his cereal.

For now a little pure extra virgin coconut oil helps with my son's constipation... pls you dont have to give him, my son is 8months+, make your research before giving him since its tradidtional a kind of.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jboixxx: 9:19am On Aug 15, 2014
MojAyo: tanx dear,how do u mean friso-Gold,is it nt a formula,people re telling me rice cereal make babies constipated,dat I need something high fiber for him like wheat,barley or oatmeal,u see being a first time mum is nt easy,I'm just so confused,at d supermarket,they tell u d food is good so dat they make sales,eish
I started my baby with Friso-Gold Rice-cereals @ 6mths & added Wheat cereals to his menu 2wks ago. I don't know of oatmeal @ 6mth but OK @ 9mth. As it's been said/advised earlier: take things easy, heed to d advice given by experienced mothers or/and follow your instinct. I'll reiterate: avoid ANY brand of maize cereals, prepare a lighter cereal meal for your LO & give him oranges or any other "anti-costipation" fruits.
You ll get over it soon. Just take things easy with yourself.

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 11:36am On Aug 15, 2014

tanx dear,I've bought d rice cereal for him and and I've also gave him 15ml of oranges
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 11:47am On Aug 15, 2014
jboixxx:
I started my baby with Friso-Gold Rice-cereals @ 6mths & added Wheat cereals to his menu 2wks ago. I don't know of oatmeal @ 6mth but OK @ 9mth. As it's been said/advised earlier: take things easy, heed to d advice given by experienced mothers or/and follow your instinct. I'll reiterate: avoid ANY brand of maize cereals, prepare a lighter cereal meal for your LO & give him oranges or any other "anti-costipation" fruits.
I've bought d rice cereal and I've also gave him orange,tanx
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 11:51am On Aug 15, 2014
udoka2: @mojayo
if you must give him rice, try brown rice, but avoid maize for now. my son got constipated when l gave him heinz rice cereal, but was fine on gerber brown rice cereal. You also have Oat meal. You have alots of flavours to chose from unless you are buying brand that do not offer varities of flavours. For instance, Gerber, has multigrain, brown rice, oat meal, oat meal with apple, oat meal with banana etc. Change the brand if the brand you are using doesnot offer varity. pear helps to soften stool, you can give him purred pear mix into his cereal.

For now a little pure extra virgin coconut oil helps with my son's constipation... pls you dont have to give him, my son is 8months+, make your research before giving him since its tradidtional a kind of.
I didn't see d brown rice,I've bought cerelac rice with milk for him,tanx
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 5:23pm On Aug 15, 2014
jboixxx:
pls wanna explain somethings,maybe I'm nt getting d measurement right,e.g 1spoonful of cereal= 3mls of water,then I add half scoop of lactogen milk without adding any water for d milk added,u got me now,maybe dats what's making his cereal to be light,2spoon of cereal=6mls of water,with 1scoop of lactogen milk with no extra water added for d milk added,pls explain more to me
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 5:26pm On Aug 15, 2014
jboixxx:
I gave him 15mls of oranges dis morning,bt he never poop yet,bt he is farting
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jboixxx: 5:55pm On Aug 15, 2014
MojAyo: pls wanna explain somethings,maybe I'm nt getting d measurement right,e.g 1spoonful of cereal= 3mls of water,then I add half scoop of lactogen milk without adding any water for d milk added,u got me now,maybe dats what's making his cereal to be light,2spoon of cereal=6mls of water,with 1scoop of lactogen milk with no extra water added for d milk added,pls explain more to me
Would have loved to but my son is on Friso-Gold, which doesn't need milk addition as its pre-added already. I'm sure there's preparation table on the Cerelac tin for guidance; follow it & check its consistency afterwards. If too thick, make it light(er) & vice versa. Whichever d consistency, give him water to drink @ intervals or breastfeed him. Good to know you've started givn him orange juice.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 7:28pm On Aug 15, 2014
jboixxx:
Would have loved to but my son is on Friso-Gold, which doesn't need milk addition as its pre-added already. I'm sure there's preparation table on the Cerelac tin for guidance; follow it & check its consistency afterwards. If too thick, make it light(er) & vice versa. Whichever d consistency, give him water to drink @ intervals or breastfeed him. Good to know you've started givn him orange juice.
dear,I gave him 15mls of orange in d morning,yet he never poop,should I give him another one
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dupsy782002: 7:49pm On Aug 15, 2014
Hello modas in d aos. Pls am presently in oluyole estate in ibadan 4 a visit and my baby's aptamil finished and av checked d 2 shoprite around dat area n oda small stores but cdnt find aptamil. Pls wia can I buy again within dat zone. Waitn 4 yur prompt response modas. Tnx
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lovinam: 8:36pm On Aug 15, 2014
I'm sorry I just saw this, I've had network issues for days. Rice cereal is everywhere o. Its a cerelac brand. I hope baby has pooped. Orange is safe for your baby.
MojAyo: tanx dear,I've bought d rice cereal for him and and I've also gave him 15ml of oranges
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lovinam: 8:44pm On Aug 15, 2014
Give him again tomorrow. Try as much as possible to avoid constipation in your baby.
MojAyo: dear,I gave him 15mls of orange in d morning,yet he never poop,should I give him another one
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 12:44am On Aug 16, 2014
lovinam: Give him again tomorrow. Try as much as possible to avoid constipation in your baby.
sure,tanx
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Wendy80(f): 4:43am On Aug 16, 2014
Milk in cerealc? Tot the instruction says just add water.

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.