Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,180 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:25 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (101) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4391286 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by skimpychick(f): 10:45am On Aug 20, 2014
Tanx@tchiwinnie
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ehiblessing(f): 2:49pm On Aug 20, 2014
skimpychick: Good day . My 1 month old daughter has something like dandruff on her head. Pls what can I use to treat it.

Skimpychick it happened to my Lo too at 3weeks, d only thing I did was to reduce d oil I apply on her head then comb those dandruff out, cos I noticed d oil was too much dat I was using

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jam04(m): 7:42am On Aug 21, 2014
ehiblessing:

Skimpychick it happened to my Lo too at 3weeks, d only thing I did was to reduce d oil I apply on her head then comb those dandruff out, cos I noticed d oil was too much dat I was using

Spot on

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by skimpychick(f): 11:10am On Aug 21, 2014
Tanx@ehiblessing. Mum said dhes changing skin lol. I've combed off the stuffs too. She's okay now.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ritawine2: 7:19pm On Aug 21, 2014
Hello mothers in d house ,my 7 month baby has cattaerr and cough,pls how can I make it stop.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ritawine2: 7:20pm On Aug 21, 2014
Apart from cerelac and breast milk which order food can I introduce to my 7 month baby.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sandyossy(f): 7:22pm On Aug 21, 2014
@Iyaakanran...thanks[color=#990000][/color]
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ritawine2: 7:27pm On Aug 21, 2014
My baby of 7 month always open his mouth while bathing,I use to put him in the tub now.anything to worry coz some of d water enters his mouth.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Layolaw(f): 9:56pm On Aug 21, 2014
Hi moms, how is our LOs doing? Please what can i do to make my 18months old girl stop sucking her tongue and playing with her navel, l've been trying to take this bad habit frm her since she's 14 mths, any clue plsssssssss
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by yemstico: 8:17am On Aug 22, 2014
Celebrating 100 pages,wow. @Ritawine i think you should reduce the rate you pour water on his head while bathing.maybe u bend his head backwards if u want to wash his head and then gently use ur hand to wash and rinse his face. Vitamin C drops works for my babys cold.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tchiwinnie: 3:31pm On Aug 22, 2014
Layolaw: Hi moms, how is our LOs doing? Please what can i do to make my 18months old girl stop sucking her tongue and playing with her navel, l've been trying to take this bad habit frm her since she's 14 mths, any clue plsssssssss
try gently hitting her mouth wen she tries sucking(ope u undstd me), it ll tk a lot of effort, bt keep stoping her.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tchiwinnie: 3:32pm On Aug 22, 2014
ritawine2: Apart from cerelac and breast milk which order food can I introduce to my 7 month baby.
u can puree diff fruits/ veggies. he s also ready for family diet. u can start introducing lil at a tym.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tchiwinnie: 3:34pm On Aug 22, 2014
ritawine2: Hello mothers in d house ,my 7 month baby has cattaerr and cough,pls how can I make it stop.
hv u tried mentholata? rub under his nose and his sides. cover him well always. gv vit C too. If it persists, u may c ur dr
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Layolaw(f): 4:22pm On Aug 22, 2014
tchiwinnie: try gently hitting her mouth wen she tries sucking(ope u undstd me), it ll tk a lot of effort, bt keep stoping her.
thanks, l've been doing this since but just want to know if there's other way to stop her doin it.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jess20: 5:04am On Aug 23, 2014
chinma414: Dear mothers,my 5 months old baby is always having rashes especially at her back.in most cases,dey end up becoming boils.i have taken her to d hospital and she has been treated with anti biotics yet there has been no improvement.i even stopped using cusson products on her because i thought she was reacting to dem,but d rashes are still there.i am really confused and i need ur help.

Extract the oil from coconut and use it on does areas. It will clear the rashes

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Devosequence(f): 7:52am On Aug 23, 2014
Mothers in the house good morning how is our baby doing please I want to know if after making the ogi baba for a 6months old baby do you stil cook it on fire by stiring it for some minutes before adding any thing(formula)etc or do just make like normal then add milk like adults.cos some one said is best to cook for a while since is for a baby to kill some germs .so I need some clearifications ASAP thanks in advance
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iyaakanran: 10:32am On Aug 23, 2014
Yes you need to cook it for a while before giving it to the baby and mind you,don't add formular while the pap is still on fire.
Devosequence: Mothers in the house good morning how is our baby doing please I want to know if after making the ogi baba for a 6months old baby do you stil cook it on fire by stiring it for some minutes before adding any thing(formula)etc or do just make like normal then add milk like adults.cos some one said is best to cook for a while since is for a baby to kill some germs .so I need some clearifications ASAP thanks in advance
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FINA4804(f): 12:36pm On Aug 23, 2014
There are other cereal you can use apart from cerelac like millupa, heinz, cow and gate just to mention few.then you can start adult food too
(quote author=ritawine2]Apart from cerelac and breast milk which order food can I introduce to my 7 month baby.[/quote]
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FINA4804(f): 12:41pm On Aug 23, 2014
Noting to worry about my baby does same thing, A friend of mine had the same challenge she took her baby to the hospital and the doctor said its not a problem, but don't give your lo intentionally to drink. One of my friends her baby drank water from the toilet she was so worried but when she went to the hospital the doctor said its not a problem andno drug was prescribed for her. So that bath water babies just like tasting it
ritawine2: My baby of 7 month always open his mouth while bathing,I use to put him in the tub now.anything to worry coz some of d water enters his mouth.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FINA4804(f): 12:47pm On Aug 23, 2014
Cow and gate is good.
prommy12: Hello wonderful mothers in the house, pls my LO is a week and i want to introduce formula to her and people suggested cow and gate,pls how good is it coz with my previous kids i used sma gold and it causes constipation, stooling and they didn't gain weight. Awaiting your replies.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dupsy782002: 9:10pm On Aug 23, 2014
Mummies in d aos, una welldone o. Pls I need help asap. I will b resuming back to work in 2wks time and am trying to introduce formula to my 3mnths n 2wks old boy, bur he keeps pushing it away with tongue. Pls how best can the lo take d formula and adjust to it b4 I resume so he wnt loose weight after my resumption. Pls I need suggestions and ideas from our experience mothers.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by yemstico: 9:41pm On Aug 23, 2014
Keep trying till he gets used to the formular. Its normal that he will push it away cos hes used to breastmilk. He will adapt before two weeks. Fingers crossed for you.
dupsy782002: Mummies in d aos, una welldone o. Pls I need help asap. I will b resuming back to work in 2wks time and am trying to introduce formula to my 3mnths n 2wks old boy, bur he keeps pushing it away with tongue. Pls how best can the lo take d formula and adjust to it b4 I resume so he wnt loose weight after my resumption. Pls I need suggestions and ideas from our experience mothers.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by favoredgal: 10:50pm On Aug 23, 2014
dupsy782002: Mummies in d aos, una welldone o. Pls I need help asap. I will b resuming back to work in 2wks time and am trying to introduce formula to my 3mnths n 2wks old boy, bur he keeps pushing it away with tongue. Pls how best can the lo take d formula and adjust to it b4 I resume so he wnt loose weight after my resumption. Pls I need suggestions and ideas from our experience mothers.

You can consider buying a breast pump to express and store for when you are away.

Also try other bottles like tommee tipee
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 11:50pm On Aug 24, 2014
ritawine2: Apart from cerelac and breast milk which order food can I introduce to my 7 month baby.

have u tried pap (ogi)?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 4:47pm On Aug 25, 2014
Please my fellow mothers i would really appreciate if you people can visit my blog that is dedicated to our bundle of joy. I believe we can learn more. Visit and also leave a comment. If there are questions, i will answer or anyone can also answer.
Thanks.
Blog name: monbebedotme.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 4:53pm On Aug 25, 2014
ritawine2: Hello mothers in d house ,my 7 month baby has cattaerr and cough,pls how can I make it stop.

Mix mild mentholata and sheabutter ( ori) put in his nose and around his nose. It will help him, i did it for my own baby.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by corrall(f): 10:46am On Aug 26, 2014
Hi People,

please help o, my baby has rashes on her face, round her mouth, and bridge of her nose.

She is 1 year 8 months. People have talked about rising raving powder on this forum, i live in ajah area and i do not know where to get it.

please any advise.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by corrall(f): 10:56am On Aug 26, 2014
Also, anyone with a picture of it should please post it, so i can know exactly what i am looking for.

thanks.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by memyselfandI: 7:45pm On Aug 26, 2014
Pls house, what do I give my 11 months old baby to regain his appetite? He just recovered from an episode of Malaria. He is now almost half of his former weight and I not impressed. embarassed
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tchiwinnie: 4:29am On Aug 27, 2014
corrall: Hi People,

please help o, my baby has rashes on her face, round her mouth, and bridge of her nose.

She is 1 year 8 months. People have talked about rising raving powder on this forum, i live in ajah area and i do not know where to get it.

please any advise.
hv u checked pharmacy/stores around u?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tchiwinnie: 4:30am On Aug 27, 2014
memyselfandI: Pls house, what do I give my 11 months old baby to regain his appetite? He just recovered from an episode of Malaria. He is now almost half of his former weight and I not impressed. embarassed
u can gv him multivite
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jam04(m): 6:07am On Aug 27, 2014
memyselfandI: Pls house, what do I give my 11 months old baby to regain his appetite? He just recovered from an episode of Malaria. He is now almost half of his former weight and I not impressed. embarassed
isn't multivatimins among the drugs he was. given @ the hospital?

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.