Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,346 members, 7,811,996 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:36 AM

Fashola Rejects Creation Of Additional States - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Rejects Creation Of Additional States (9894 Views)

Buhari Approves Importation Of Additional Crude Oil To End Fuel Scarcity / ELECTIONS 2015: Ogun INEC Takes Delivery Of Additional 170,000 Pvcs / South East Govs Demand For 2 Additional States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Rejects Creation Of Additional States by Ngwakwe: 10:39am On Jun 23, 2012
alj harem: Governor with brain. Abeg fashola please tell them oh ! Creation of state apart from the last SE state would only result to more looting. PDP bunch of thieves.

Why don't you tell him to disban those Illegal Development Authorities he allowed elections to be conducted.

I am in support of those Development Authories created by Lagos State for grassroot developments and so is the creation of these seven states for Regional Equality

Hypocrites
Re: Fashola Rejects Creation Of Additional States by achi4u(m): 10:43am On Jun 23, 2012
just one more state to the East other regions should go and devlop.
Re: Fashola Rejects Creation Of Additional States by Delafruita(m): 10:49am On Jun 23, 2012
Ngwakwe:

Why don't you tell him to disban those Illegal Development Authorities he allowed elections to be conducted.

I am in support of those Development Authories created by Lagos State for grassroot developments and so is the creation of these seven states for Regional Equality

Hypocrites
the development authorities are not illegal.those that know tha battle tinubu waged to create local governments and the crisis that resulted before the compromise that led to the creation of the LCDAs wont make such a comment
Re: Fashola Rejects Creation Of Additional States by 401kk: 10:55am On Jun 23, 2012
maryjames9:

YOU ARE A BIG FOOL
LGA BRINGS GOVERNMENT MORE CLOSER TO THE PEOPLE
CREATING MORE STATES ONLY MEAN LOOTING MORE MONEY
STUPID PDP CLUELESS GET'S FOLLOWER

Monkey, what is the name of your LG chairman and what has he achieved since the inception of his tenure?
Re: Fashola Rejects Creation Of Additional States by israelbenzion: 11:04am On Jun 23, 2012
Chongaiman: How suave. I wonder how he is able to appreciate the problem of multiplicity of states while overlooking that of the abuse of the immunity clause.
Because they r not mutually inclusive. One can actually exist and be dealt with independently of one's position on d other.
Re: Fashola Rejects Creation Of Additional States by ozoebuka1(m): 11:05am On Jun 23, 2012
When will these senate sed that what we need isnt more states but the division of this over populated country? government is just for the rich people in nigeria because when they speak, their voice is heard but as for poor lads like me? we just waste our time shouting because nobody will hear us just because we are over populated! the land mass is too much!! and government cant reach us all!!! please protest for this huge country to be divided we all will benefit from it! thanks to fashola who stated that more state aint gonna help naija.
Re: Fashola Rejects Creation Of Additional States by Etelite: 11:14am On Jun 23, 2012
Thank u Fashola. please talk sense into those f..ls. More state for what? more holes for loothing d national cakes.
Re: Fashola Rejects Creation Of Additional States by basadenet: 11:23am On Jun 23, 2012
Nigeria need more states and more LGs. so mr fashola you are on your this time.
Re: Fashola Rejects Creation Of Additional States by mbhs139(m): 11:25am On Jun 23, 2012
afam4eva: The average Nigerian leader is selfish. The same people aho are against state creation are clamouring for state police. Where will the money used to fund state police come from? Is it not from the FG?

Mtchew. Guy, see how you come disgrace yourself for public. Even a primary six pikin know say no be FG (of any country) dey fund their state police. grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy. Anyway, may be na mistake you make sha. That was not actually what you meant ... check it very well bro cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Fashola Rejects Creation Of Additional States by playmode(m): 11:27am On Jun 23, 2012
Just by reading some of the comments here ,it is not hard to realize what is wrong with this nation.Nigeria is barely larger than than texas but Nigerian monkey Negros still want to keep creating new state.Once a negro always a negro.No wonder they say black people have a smaller cortex than the rest of the human race.

Go to Asia, countries like South Korea and Indonesia now have 1GB per sec internet while we the monkeys of Nigeria who do not even have ADSL are busy clamoring for state creation.Nigerians on average are extremely stupid that is why we go overseas and engage in the only thing we are good at : crime!
Re: Fashola Rejects Creation Of Additional States by mbhs139(m): 11:33am On Jun 23, 2012
Is creation of state the solution to nigeria's problem? Just like the governor said, the existing ones are not even yet viable and self sustainable, and we are here talking about creating more. It's just like creating more problem.

Now, what I have always suggested is that the existing states should be made to be more powerful, powerful in the sense that we should decentralise the government, let the states generates their own revenue and contribute to the centre, that is, true federalism.

If each states is left to eat from their own sweat, I bet you, no one will call for the creation of states anymore ... because you will know that there is no free money anymore from the viable states while other states folds their hands. let the days of going to abuja to collect money be over.
Re: Fashola Rejects Creation Of Additional States by Ngwakwe: 11:34am On Jun 23, 2012
Delafruita:
the development authorities are not illegal.those that know tha battle tinubu waged to create local governments and the crisis that resulted before the compromise that led to the creation of the LCDAs wont make such a comment

I used the word "Illegal" in the sense that they were not recognised by FG.

The allocations given to them by the State are not from FG and nobody fills a form for anything claiming they come from those LGAs.

Why was creating more Local Government Areas good for Lagos State and the creation of more States are bad for Nigeria?

Hypocrites
Re: Fashola Rejects Creation Of Additional States by lacasa: 11:35am On Jun 23, 2012
Ђδω i pray dis man be president
Re: Fashola Rejects Creation Of Additional States by four4: 11:42am On Jun 23, 2012
[quote author=alj harem]Governor Babatunde Fashola of Lagos State, Southwest Nigeria, has described the agitation for the creation of additional states by some Nigerians as an attempt to cause confusion that may result in balkanising the existing states.

The Governor made this position known on Friday during a one-day public hearing on the proposed amendment to the 1999 Constitution by the National Assembly, organised by the State House of Assembly.

Fashola, who maintained that the country would incur huge cost for administrative and personnel purposes in creating more states, added that the agitation should be for the creation of more Local Government areas as this would enhance the much needed development at the grassroots and bring government closer to the people.

According to him, “most states are currently not sufficiently viable to justify further subdivision.

“It may well be that the agitation for more inclusiveness in governance and for rapid development may be better addressed by the creation of more local governments than it can be done by the creation more states.”

Thump up 4 u able governor.
Re: Fashola Rejects Creation Of Additional States by tunapawizzy: 12:14pm On Jun 23, 2012
It is very simple...in dis quagmire we find oursef as a nation if anyone thinks more states should be created, then such person is a fool.
Re: Fashola Rejects Creation Of Additional States by mikuz(m): 12:23pm On Jun 23, 2012
mbhs139: Is creation of state the solution to nigeria's problem? Just like the governor said, the existing ones are not even yet viable and self sustainable, and we are here talking about creating more. It's just like creating more problem.

Now, what I have always suggested is that the existing states should be made to be more powerful, powerful in the sense that we should decentralise the government, let the states generates their own revenue and contribute to the centre, that is, true federalism.

If each states is left to eat from their own sweat, I bet you, no one will call for the creation of states anymore ... because you will know that there is no free money anymore from the viable states while other states folds their hands. let the days of going to abuja to collect money be over.
well said.
Re: Fashola Rejects Creation Of Additional States by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jun 23, 2012
Ebonyi state was a mistake.
Re: Fashola Rejects Creation Of Additional States by DaLover(m): 12:38pm On Jun 23, 2012
Good one fashy boy, i woukd even go one step further to advocate merging of states into 6 or 8 regions...
I wonder y fash didnt mention this
Re: Fashola Rejects Creation Of Additional States by achi4u(m): 12:39pm On Jun 23, 2012
~Bluetooth:

ewu gambia go hug igwe transformer
Re: Fashola Rejects Creation Of Additional States by DaLover(m): 12:40pm On Jun 23, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Guy did Igbo people rape ur wife?
Almost 28 states are mistake
Re: Fashola Rejects Creation Of Additional States by kozykid(m): 12:42pm On Jun 23, 2012
Yh...dere are sum undadevelopment in sum states...why create anoda if not for d selfish and political reasons of our leaders..the country is in shambles yet unnecessary issues are given consideration ahead of tangible ones..naija I hail thee
Re: Fashola Rejects Creation Of Additional States by DaLover(m): 12:47pm On Jun 23, 2012
Ngwakwe:

The allocations given to them by the State are not from FG and nobody fills a form for anything claiming they come from those LGAs.

Why was creating more Local Government Areas good for Lagos State and the creation of more States are bad for Nigeria?

Hypocrites

Its all about the benjamins
Re: Fashola Rejects Creation Of Additional States by four4: 12:47pm On Jun 23, 2012
Ngwakwe:

Hypocrites. [quote author]. bros, as u are crusifying him why can't u ask urself what this country has benefited from all the parasite or moshroom dat had been created or how many of them are viable on their own without oil money from niger delta. Think of this more state more special advicers, more bills as security vote,more god fathers,more alumagiries,more kidnapers,more agberos and more millitants etc all this are to d detriment of oil producing state. I think fashola was right for advocating for local govt rather than state creation because local govts are more closer to pple than state expecially if authonomous of local govt being work on by nation assembly is pass for example local government chair of side was impeached last month for poor performant, if it was state govt can we be able??. Me donot known ur state or why you are suporting state creation, but from what me can see from most moshroom so call state from north to the south u will call for merger of some state if u too being to or see most of this so call state, Population wise,economical wise most of the place they called capital can not stand beside places we call rural area in my state. Go and check most of infracture facilities round the states 70% of them were constructed by Awos, Zics, Amodus of those days almost nothing had been added to it .Just want u to think as a nigerian not as a niger deltan or yoruba man or igho man or northernal or one village, think of economic impact on overall nigerians not your selfish interest
Re: Fashola Rejects Creation Of Additional States by dcitizen: 12:50pm On Jun 23, 2012
i support the creation of more states for regional equity, justice and fainess. all the six geopolitical zones must have equal states that is seven states each from each region. the creation of more states by the military administration is not on the basis of economic viability but on the basis of the ease of administration and unbalanced distribution of national income to the advantage of the north. the reality on ground today is that all the states of the federation largely depends on allocation or handout from the federal government including the lagos. fashola should pls stop insulting the intelligence and sensibility of the Nigerian. why is he agitating for more local government council creation? are the local government council in lagos viable economically? is lagos state ready to merge wit ogun state to form one state because both states are not viable economically. why is he calliing on the federal government to recognise lagos state as a special? fashiola should try to be a good student of history and stop his frog-like behaviour.when the capital of nigeria was moved from calabar to lagos, the resources from the niger delta region which would have been used to develop the region was used to develop lagos state becos it is the capital. most of the infrastructure in lagos was fully developed by the federal government and creation of more states which is political will allows the equitable flow of income from federal government and international institution for development and create a sense of ownership and sheer determination for development. fashola should note that it is the income from the federal government that is used to maintain the federal government structure in lagos. if he want lagos to be recognise as a special state, let lagos state remain in isolation from the south-west state as it was before it became a state
Re: Fashola Rejects Creation Of Additional States by Afam4eva(m): 12:58pm On Jun 23, 2012
gregg2: Fashola is selfish.
The man knows that his Lagos state is a single town
and can never benefit from state creation.

Besides, why is he pushing for creation of more LGA's instead?
Are LGA's in Nigeria viable?
Thank you bro. Ask Fashola if LGA's are more viable than states.
Re: Fashola Rejects Creation Of Additional States by samkoro: 1:14pm On Jun 23, 2012
alj harem: Governor with brain. Abeg fashola please tell them oh ! Creation of state apart from the last SE state would only result to more looting. PDP bunch of thieves.

Correct

1 Like

Re: Fashola Rejects Creation Of Additional States by samkoro: 1:21pm On Jun 23, 2012
The six geopolitical zones shld be regarded as states while current states shld be considered as developement units for the regions
Re: Fashola Rejects Creation Of Additional States by aljharem(m): 1:23pm On Jun 23, 2012
I am sorry but in my post I would use some harsh words but I would say nothing but the truth here for those with brains to follow

1. Those that disagree with Fashola here or even insult him are either the enemy of progress or just love the current system of corruption.

2. @ Ngwakwe, maybe it is bigotry that made you not to think properly before posting or something but you call Fashola a hypocrite because he would loot more ? That is the da.ftest statement on Nairaland all month, quote me on this.

He clearly stated that the so called immunity clause should be removed from out constitution so for likes of you that think Fashola is looting can sue him for corruption charges provided you have some evidence to back it up.

3. @ Afam4eva, money to fund state police should come from each individual state fund. That is not difficult to do, likes of Beaf and co have been calling states leeches right ? Then let those states/regions that can afford a state police fund themselves and those that can should try to find a way to generate revenue for themselves so as to fund it.

Lastly most of the comments here indeed shows us why Nigeria is backward. It is indeed correct that an average Nigerian has an IQ of 67 (a mo,ron). All we as a nation are still living on is the legecy likes of Shagari, Buhari, Obj and IBB left for us since their time and yet these people are the most insulted. GEJ is there for us now, as far as I am concerned he has not done anything worth any praise.

You all better start thinking and don't mortgage your children's future because of bigotry
Re: Fashola Rejects Creation Of Additional States by aljharem(m): 1:23pm On Jun 23, 2012
samkoro: The six geopolitical zones shld be regarded as states while current states shld be considered as developement units for the regions

Gbammm Gbammmm Gbammmm the most sensible comment. That is my Idea as well.
Re: Fashola Rejects Creation Of Additional States by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jun 23, 2012
Infact this Fashola must be a stupid man together with bunch of bondos, despicable, imps and junks that support him in this NL. I thought NL is for interllectuals not junks that put tribalism into issues. When new states have not been created, are they not syphoning public funds? States creation must go on. I support the creation of Ibadan state. The largest city in sub-sahara Africa. Gbammn
Re: Fashola Rejects Creation Of Additional States by aljharem(m): 1:29pm On Jun 23, 2012
Sean lenux: Infact this fashola must be a stupid man together with bunch of bondos, despicable, imps and junks that support him in this NL. I thought NL is for interllectuals not junks that put tribalism into issues. When new states have not been created, are they not syphoning public funds? States creation must go on. I support the creation of Ibadan state.

WTF is Ibadan state ?

How much does Nigeria as a country produce all together not to talk of Ibadan city ?
Re: Fashola Rejects Creation Of Additional States by DaLover(m): 1:46pm On Jun 23, 2012
In reality, the only way to stop the demand for states is implemention of true federalism......lets say each state is required to pay tax of 50% on internally generated revenue, where 50%>= a minimum fixed monthly amount...say =N=3billion,
And monthly cash calls to states is stopped then attitudes willl be forced to change

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

'Jonathan Should Not Resign' - OPC / Deletion Of Section 84(12): House Of Reps To Appeal Judgement / Kanu Nwankwo: Enugu Is Peaceful Because Ugwuanyi Is A Peaceful Leader

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.