Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,827 members, 7,810,175 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:30 PM

How To Over Come The Fear Of Heart Break In Relationship - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How To Over Come The Fear Of Heart Break In Relationship (921 Views)

Cheating In Relationship, How Did U Catch Them, How Were U Caught? / How To Over Come Heart Break / Seven Rules That Will Save You The Pain Of Heart Breaks (for Guys Only) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Over Come The Fear Of Heart Break In Relationship by Drlove1989(m): 6:31pm On Jun 23, 2012
Love relationship is filled with lots of problems and challenges and if there is one thing I know people fear so much in relationship, it’s the fear of relationship heartbreak. I have met many ladies who usually voice out their major reasons of either not wanting to fall in love or not giving their best in the relationship simply because of the fear of relationship heartbreak. In most cases, ladies are those with the highest rate of relationship fears when it comes to fear of a potential heartbreak. I think the major reason for ladies to have this high rate of fear is because of their emotional state. I’m not disputing the fact that men are also in this shoes, all I’m saying is that ladies are in it the more. Now, let look at some of the causes of the fear of heartbreak in relationship;
The number one cause of fear in relationship is usually past experiences; in this situation, the person finds it so difficult falling in love again or giving the relationship his/her best simply because he/she was heartbroken in the past. I met a lady who once told me that she hates the word: ‘love’. When I asked her the reason for hating the word ‘love’, she told me that she was heartbroken by a guy she trusted so much and she would never feel fine falling in love again. Lots of people fall in this category and they are the most difficult people to handle when trying to cure them of the fear of heartbreak in their relationship.
Another reason is the natural factor: what I mean by natural factor is that fear that dwells in us as humans. We humans naturally fear of heartbreak, of being hurts, of being dumped by someone we love dearly. This aspect of fear of being heartbroken is because of the fact that we are all humans and have emotions and this aspect can only be cured if the person involved is ready to accept help. Ladies are usually the most disturbed when it comes to this aspect of causes of fear of being heartbroken in their relationship. This is simply because of their emotional standard which is usually very soft.
Finally, another good reason of fear of heartbreak in relationship is because of other peoples’ past experience: other people’ past love stories that turned sour usually influence lots and lots of people to the extent of exhibiting fear of being heartbroken by someone they love dearly. Seriously speaking, there are lots of love stories that turned sour and new lovers are usually discouraged by these facts and thus, show lots of fear of heartbreak in their relationship. Now, let look at some ways to over-come these major causes of fear of heartbreak in relationship;
Stop living in the past: you have to stop living in the past because the past is not your future but only a history. That you were heartbroken in the past does not mean you will be heartbroken again. There should be room for new trial in your love life and stop living in your past experiences. I once said it on one of my tweets that ‘no relationship experience should be tagged ‘regret’ but a ‘lesson’. No matter what you have experienced in the past, do not allow your past to influence your future. Live for the future and not for the past, are you with me?
Kill off your natural fear: the fear that we humans exhibit in relationship naturally can be killed off. This can be achieved by your mindset towards the relationship. First, you have to have it at back of your mind that every aspect of human journey is a risk. Love experts have come up to say that love risk is the only risk worth taking in life. Knowing that you are embarking on a risk the moment you accept to go into serious relationship with someone will help you prepare for the worst that may happen in the future. Secondly, don't expect too much from your relationship. I don't have much space to talk about all these here but I'm currently writing an e-book on it and will be published soon. Make sure you get it.
Believe that you have a different life from the rest of others: this will help you over-come the fear caused by other people past love stories that turned sour. That your sister or friends or mother or classmates all were heartbroken by giving their best in the relationship doesn't mean you also will be in the same shoes with them. Believe me, you have a different life and you have a different love life story. That it happened to someone you know does not mean it will happen to you. Please, let go of other peoples' sad love stories. You are a unique creature and should act as one even in your perception of your love life. The fear of heartbreak is so terrible and can even destroy a healthy love relationship. I hope this true love relationship advice on how to over-come the fear of heartbreak in your relationship has touched you, please, share it with your friends and share your comments with us. Don't forget to contact me if you have any questions.

(1) (Reply)

Please Answer!!! / Guys, Would You Prefer To Be Friend Zoned Than Be Rejected Outrightly? / Real Suggestions Please..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.