Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,427 members, 7,822,981 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:46 PM

GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey - Politics (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey (41352 Views)

Nigeria: From One Clueless President To Another Clueless President? / Jonathan's Clueless Endorsement Speech Of Dickson In Bayelsa Today / David Mark As New Senate President: A Joke? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Fhemmmy: 5:01pm On Jun 26, 2012
Spirit of Okija:

Wow!!

Interesting to note... I guess you have earned the right to be pissed off with him.. Fire away!!

I am not even pissed at him, i am pissed at myself and the rest of Nigeria that has seen all these nonsense as the normal thing, recycling block heads as leaders.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Delafruita(m): 5:03pm On Jun 26, 2012
Beaf: I've known Dr Ayittey for a long time and the man is both an id!ot and a loud mouth. He is one of those self-hating Africans that argues stup!dly, hates black people and idolises whites.

He is much like NL's "junkie."
egbon razists,here again o.the man you intend to cast aspersions on has credibility o
"Kizza Besigye, leader of the FDC opposition party, on the campaign trail.
Kampala — Writing in the influential Foreign Policy magazine, Ghanian-born American Prof. George Ayitteh, listed 40 presidents, among them President Museveni, as the world's "worst of the worst dictators".
On Tuesday, the first day of nominations for presidential candidates, the article published in the June/August edition, becamepart of the 2011 election politics. Makindye East MP Michael Mabikke, current chair of the Inter-Party Cooperation and leader of the opposition Social Democratic Party, stirred the crowd at Nakivubo War Memorial Stadium by reading out this list.
The large crowd surged forward as Mr Mabikke reached Venezuela'sHugo Chavez at number 17, and then roared as he declared: "At number nineteen, number nineteen is President Museveni." The stage had been set for Forum for Democratic Change leader, Kizza Besigye.
Dr Besigye said: "Some people have been saying you have lost twice what makes you think you can defeat Museveni this time? Likehonourable Mabikke told you, pushing a dictator from power is not a responsibility of one person." "It is a responsibility of all of us."
Presidential Press Secretary Tamale Mirundi yesterday criticised the lumping of Mr Museveni together with the likes of Zimbabwe's Robert Mugabe, Cameroon's Paul Biya and his Rwandan counterpart Paul Kagame as well as Egypt's Hosni Mubarak.
In Uganda, he said, regularly conducted elections; a vibrant, free media and functional Parliament as well as an independent Judiciaryare hallmarks of democratic governance for which Mr Museveni deserves praise. "Museveni is a property of a revolutionary party called NRM," Mr Tamale said. "As long as NRM needs him as the most able to handle the challenges at hand, they will pick him."
Prof. Ayitteh, named by the Foreign Policy magazine in 2008 as oneof the Top 100 public intellectuals globally, said in his article that he ranked the presidents based on "ignoble qualities of perfidy, culturalbetrayal, and economic devastation." "After leading a rebel insurgency that took over Uganda in 1986, Museveni declared: No African head of state should be in power for more than 10 years."
Still here
"But 24 years later, he is still here, winning one coconut election after another in which other political parties are technically legal buta political rally of more than a handful of people is not." But Mr Tamale said Prof. Ayitteh, president of the Free Africa Foundation inWashington, is no intellectual because he is not working for America's National Space Agency and has no medicine discovery to his name(imagine the folly of some people which reminds me of some people here on nairaland)
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Eziachi: 5:08pm On Jun 26, 2012
KnowAll:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFWUHw9OffI

Charity they say should always begin at home.

Why don't d busy body Proff, focus his pervertious lens on President Mills handicap who makes GEJ look like a local champion.

What proof did you have that he doesn't?
He is a black man, an African and it seems a successful one, he has every right to praise or blast any African incompetent ruler without looking at the map. In the 70s/80s someone like Sunny Okosun made a career lambasting the minority regime in South Africa in his music and no one dare ask him to concentrate only on Nigerian corrupt rulers alone.
Its called hypocrisy of Nigerians.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by londoner: 5:09pm On Jun 26, 2012
bayooooooo: How can people be calling interview with four people from friendly media houses public speaking? Far from it.

Four, plus the millions of others watching don't forget. ALL presidents and Prime Ministers are trained on public speaking and interview skills. ALL of them are. They are trained on how to come across, how to deliver what they say in a clear and concise manner which gets the point across and endears people to them.

GEJ responses were not coherent, no thorough articulation and barefaced justification of lies went unchallenged. His responses to a lot of questions did not portray him as someone with deep knowledge on those issues. I expected to hear more on agriculture, more on power generation, more on security with a detailed reassuring explanation but it was all shadows. OBJ's media chats were full of "em em eh", "God willing" but at the end of day detailed explanation would be provided. He obviously has issue giving a clear coherent explanation of his government activities which is quite surprising to say the least for an academic and a PhD holder. Coming on the heels of his widely applauded sacking of Azazi and Bello, one would have expected GEJ to consolidate on that and make a good account of his stewardship but the reverse was the case.

He should serialize media chat for his ministers on rotating basis to brief Nigerians on the activities of their ministries. Perhaps we get more info from that and the lines can truly be made open for all Nigerians to phone in.

Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by EmilolaOdulate: 5:10pm On Jun 26, 2012
History has a way of recycling fools,this Ayittey is one of such,am not sure if he is intelligent enough to win the least elective office in his home town,a frustrated fool living in a dream world in far away America,let him come to Africa and contribute his quota to the development of the African race instead of making mockery of intellectualism.And to fellow Nigerians who see nothing wrong in not what was said alone but by How it was said today is not our day but let me remind you that NIGERIA belong to us all President GEJ is not more Nigerian than us,we can constructively criticize mr President but i take exception to calling him names.Let us take note.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Pukkah: 5:10pm On Jun 26, 2012
PhysicsQED:

My goodness. This is really becoming a waste of time.

Yar'Adua revealed his declaration of assets to the public. Yar'Adua did that. NOT the CCB. It is not mandated by the constitution. Get that through your head.

If you can't even admit that Yar'Adua made the decision to publish his declaration of assets, you're just in la la land and there's no point discussing anything with you further.

Whereas President Jonathan is not under any legal obligation to publicly declare his assets, I think the stand he has taken is not in sync with his transformation agenda. You cannot achieve transformation by doing business as usual. He must be ready to do things in a different way in order to achieve something different or transformational especially on the much-needed need to battle corruption, achieve transparency in governance and lead by examples. It is not debatable that everything rises and falls on leadership.

Sincerely, the position he took on asset declaration, the accompanying body language and the belligerent 'I don't give a damn' do not augur well for the need to instal a New Order in Nigeria. These are the issues and not so much on the legality or otherwise of the declaration. Nigeria is hungry for purposeful, transformational and revolutionary leadership.

Or what exactly does our President have against public declaration of assets? Who is afraid of public declaration of assets?

1 Like

Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Biggyd2: 5:12pm On Jun 26, 2012
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by SpiritofOkija(m): 5:15pm On Jun 26, 2012
Fhemmmy:

I am not even pissed at him, i am pissed at myself and the rest of Nigeria that has seen all these nonsense as the normal thing, recycling block heads as leaders.

Blockhead!!

He was the best amongst the lot...

When great minds stay away from politics, Rascals become the rulers like Aregbesola..

Truth is, I am a strong supporter of GEJ till tomorrow, but whoever adviced him on that Media chat should be shot!! The timing was just wrong!!
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by londoner: 5:16pm On Jun 26, 2012
Ayittey is a respected man and scholar and we should not dispute that, but he had a moment of phrasing his comments like someone in a barbershop would. He should not have called GEJ a madman(knowing the insult of that as an African man) and he for sure should not have called on Nigerians to overthrow him outside of elections, knowing fully well the current disunity and uneasiness we are having in the country.

These are not ideas and suggestions that should be thrown around lightly, especially not by someone who is supposed to be educated and an academic.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Eziachi: 5:18pm On Jun 26, 2012
Beaf:

You are too old to talk stup!dly, sir.
Respect yourself. Thank you.
This thread is not about anybody's age and if I am desperately seeking respect, I knew where to go to find one. So, your respect or lack of it, absolutely is non issue for me and means nothing to me.
Concentrate on the thread issue, air your opinion as everybody else, I don't have to like or hate it. It your right.
And don't patronise me with your unsolicited hypocritical respect.

4 Likes

Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by PhysicsQED(m): 5:19pm On Jun 26, 2012
Pukkah:

Whereas President Jonathan is not under any legal obligation to publicly declare his assets, I think the stand he has taken is not in sync with his transformation agenda. You cannot achieve transformation by doing business as usual. He must be ready to do things in a different way in order to achieve something different or transformational especially on the much-needed need to battle corruption, achieve transparency in governance and lead by examples. It is not debatable that everything rises and falls on leadership.

Sincerely, the position he took on asset declaration, the accompanying the body language and the belligerent 'I don't give a damn' do not augur well for the need to instal a New Order in Nigeria. These are the issues and not so much on the legality or otherwise of the declaration. Nigeria is hungry for purposeful, transformational and revolutionary leadership.

Or what exactly does our President have against public declaration of assets? Who is afraid of public declaration of assets?

As I've said before, the best thing for GEJ to do to do earn any respect on this issue would be to send a bill to the national assembly requiring every single government official or 'public officer' from the lowest of the low all the way to the very top - himself - to periodically publish their asset declarations for public inspection by citizens in an independent or protected publication devoted specifically to such information. But from what I've seen from GEJ so far I don't think he really has the guts to do that.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by ubandire(m): 5:19pm On Jun 26, 2012
HNosegbe: Media Chat: Ghanaian Professor Blasts Goodluck Jonathan, Says: “This Guy is a Joke”

One of the World’s foremost economists, Professor George Ayittey has lashed out at the President of Nigeria, Goodluck Ebele Jonathan (GEJ), describing him as “a joke” and a mediocre President after his (GEJ’s) encounter with the media last night.

According to Professor Ayittey, Nigeria “deserves a better leader”, judging by GEJ’s poor, almost unfortunate responses to some of the questions posed to him by the Nigerian media last night.

The Professor indicated that GEJ’s refusal to declare his assets and his failure to tackle the Boko Haram crisis suggests that he is of an unsound mind,

This useless man parading himself as a professor should be arrested for impersonation,cos he can't be a prof,if he really is then he is definitely a disgrace to the academic world for allowing himself to be a made a mockery of,allowing himself to be a tool of falsehood hired to trade in his conscience and integrity if he has any calls for serious concerns,if such men cn now be used by enemies of state for the sole purpose of discrediting the present govt goes a long way to show how much some of us have lost self esteem.

In the words of the demented,sponsored 'prof' he exhibited his ignorance of so many issues he raised here.Like machinery out to impress his paymaster he burst into series of senile and

Professor Ay,

He therefore called on Nigerians to rid themselves of GEJ as soon as possible.

He said: “Nigerians should not put up with such mediocrity and should mount a RECALL GEJ campaign. They should check Chapter VI of their Constitution. See Sections 143 and 144 about removing the President and Vice-President from office other than through elections”.

“137; 1c: “A person shall not be qualified for election to the office of President if under the law in any part of Nigeria, he is adjudged to be a lunatic or otherwise declared to be of unsound mind.”

Professor Ayittey, a Ghanaian economist, author, president of the Free Africa Foundation in Washington DC, professor at American University, and an associate scholar at the Foreign Policy Research Institute, made this known on twitter this morning.

Read the entire tweet below:

“Look, this GEJ guy is a joke – a meretricious mediocrity. Nigerians deserve a better leader. Fancy his statements and responses to questions in a media chat on June 24, 2012:

• He has not visited Borno state, the center of Boko Haram attacks, because the airport there was not functional at the time he planned to visit. “And we did not want to land somewhere and fly in to Maiduguri with a helicopter for obvious reasons.”

[Why is the airport not functioning? Why hasn’t it been fixed? And are there no ROADS into Borno State?]

• Asked why he had not declared his assets, Mr. Jonathan replied in an impatient tone, stating “I don’t give a damn” about declaration of assets. He related that he had gone to the late President Umaru Yar’Adua to caution “that we should not play to the hands of some people [by openly declaring their assets].” Mr. Jonathan added, “That is a matter of principle and I am not going to declare. It is not the president declaring his asset that will end Boko Haram.”

• The president said it’s a matter of principle and whether he is criticised from “head to toe” he will not declare his assets. “It is not right,” he said. “I didn’t want even want to declare my assets as VP” but was forced by the then president, Umara Musa Yar’Adua. He said asset declaration is “not the right thing to do.”

[Damn it, it is a constitutional requirement to declare your assets, Mr. President. See Chapter VI, Part 1, Section 140 of Nigeria’s Constitution: “Declaration of assets and liabilities, oaths of President.” And what the hell has Boko Haram got to do with declaration of assets?]

• Agriculture: The president said his government is revolutionizing agriculture in Nigeria.”We are giving cotton seeds free in the North” he said.

[This is the most crass definition of an “agricultural revolution” – by providing free seeds.]

• The President said the government is doing very well in railway construction. “You may not know, but we are working,” he said. He added that his government has made a “significant progress” in railway construction. “You should commend us,” he adds.

[What “significant progress” has been made in railway construction? How many Nigerians are working on railway construction with the contract given to Chinese firms?]

• UNILAG name change: The president said what he did, in terms of law, was correct. You change the name first, then send the bill to the National Assembly later, he argues. “What we did, was the normal procedure,” he said.

[No, Mr. President, you had it backward. Before you change the name of University of Lagos (UNILAG), you consult with the university and the student body, which you did NOT do.]

• Crude Oil Theft: “The stealing of crude oil is a Nigerian phenomenon,” the president said. He adds that it has gone cancerous. “We will stop it, but it is like allowing a cancerous cell to grow into a major tumor.”

[Mr. President, theft of crude oil is a CRIME, not a “Nigerian phenomenon or a disease afflicting Nigerians. Describing it that way means you are CLUELESS about how to solve it.]

Nigerians should not put up with such mediocrity and should mount a RECALL GEJ campaign.

They should check Chapter VI of their Constitution. See Sections 143 and 144 about removing the President and Vice-President from office other than through elections.

137; 1c: “A person shall not be qualified for election to the office of President if under the law in any part of Nigeria, he is adjudged to be a lunatic or otherwise declared to be of unsound mind.” Link: http:///MSxUws

Professor Ayittey holds a B.Sc. in Economics from the University of Ghana, Legon, an M.A. from the University of Western Ontario in Canada, and a Ph.D. from the University of Manitoba. He has taught at Wayne State College and Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania.

He held a National Fellowship at the Hoover Institution in 1988-89, and then joined The Heritage Foundation as a Bradley Resident Scholar.

He founded The Free Africa Foundation in 1993, to serve as a catalyst for reform in Africa.

In 2008 Dr. Ayittey was listed by Foreign Policy as one of the “Top 100 Public Intellectuals” who “are shaping the tenor of our time”. He lives in Lorton, Virginia.

http://samuelobour.com/2012/06/25/media-chat-ghanaian-professor-blasts-goodluck-jonathan-says-this-guy-is-a-joke/#.T-jEA2vvGQQ.facebook

This useless man parading himself as a professor should be arrested for impersonation,cos he can't be a prof,if he really is then he is definitely a disgrace to the academic world for allowing himself to be a made a mockery of,allowing himself to be a tool of falsehood hired to trade in his conscience and integrity if he has any calls for serious concerns,if such men cn now be used by enemies of state for the sole purpose of discrediting the present govt goes a long way to show how much some of us have lost self esteem.

Like a machinery out to impress his paymaster but who unfortunately did not provide with facts(they are ignorant as well)he burst into a tirade of ignorant,careless and unguarded absolute balderdash thereby betraying his bias,to the disappointment of his principals and apologists.

Professor Ay,let me help u a little and enlighten u on some TRUTH which they would not let u know,and of course I didn't expect u to know given the angle u r coming from,trust the plethora of lies they must have fed u by now,if u
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by SpiritofOkija(m): 5:20pm On Jun 26, 2012
londoner: Ayittey is a respected man and scholar and we should not dispute that, but he had a moment of phrasing his comments like someone in a barbershop would. He should not have called GEJ a madman(knowing the insult of that as an African man) and he for sure should not have called on Nigerians to overthrow him outside of elections, knowing fully well the current disunity and uneasiness we are having in the country.

These are not ideas and suggestions that should be thrown around lightly, especially not by someone who is supposed to be educated and an academic.

If the muthafucker loves Africa so much, whats he doing in far away Obod Oyinbo, when he could be in KNUST or LEGOn impacting his 'so-called world renowned economics' into other Ghanaians
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by londoner: 5:20pm On Jun 26, 2012
Pukkah:

Sincerely, the position he took on asset declaration, the accompanying the body language and the belligerent 'I don't give a damn' do not augur well for the need to instal a New Order in Nigeria. These are the issues and not so much on the legality or otherwise of the declaration. Nigeria is hungry for purposeful, transformational and revolutionary leadership.

I agree, the "I don't give a damn attitude" was not helpful and he should have explained his position differently. I also agree that he is not helping himself or building up much good will with Nigerians, by giving them room to question whether he is actually sincere in his quest to govern differently.

Having said that.......is the average Nigeria actually up in arms about this declaration of assets issue at the moment?
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Pukkah: 5:21pm On Jun 26, 2012
bayooooooo: How can people be calling interview with four people from friendly media houses public speaking? Far from it.

GEJ responses were not coherent, no thorough articulation and barefaced justification of lies went unchallenged. His responses to a lot of questions did not portray him as someone with deep knowledge on those issues. I expected to hear more on agriculture, more on power generation, more on security with a detailed reassuring explanation but it was all shadows. OBJ's media chats were full of "em em eh", "God willing" but at the end of day detailed explanation would be provided. He obviously has issue giving a clear coherent explanation of his government activities which is quite surprising to say the least for an academic and a PhD holder. Coming on the heels of his widely applauded sacking of Azazi and Bello, one would have expected GEJ to consolidate on that and make a good account of his stewardship but the reverse was the case.

He should serialize media chat for his ministers on rotating basis to brief Nigerians on the activities of their ministries. Perhaps we get more info from that and the lines can truly be made open for all Nigerians to phone in.

From his conduct so far especially in the area of articulating his thoughts into words, he's yet to demonstrate the supposed doctorate degree. He can hardly give a five-minute extempore speech without gaffes and avoidable errors.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by PhysicsQED(m): 5:27pm On Jun 26, 2012
londoner: Ayittey is a respected man and scholar and we should not dispute that, but he had a moment of phrasing his comments like someone in a barbershop would. He should not have called GEJ a madman(knowing the insult of that as an African man) and he for sure should not have called on Nigerians to overthrow him outside of elections, knowing fully well the current disunity and uneasiness we are having in the country.

Read Ayittey's discussions on those "Yahoo groups" discussions. The man is pretentious as hell and even slightly delusional. My respect for him is limited.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Pukkah: 5:30pm On Jun 26, 2012
londoner:

I agree, the I don't give a damn attitude was not helpful and he should have explained his position differently. I also agree that he is not helping himself or building up much good will with Nigerians by giving them room to question whether he is actually sincere in his quest to govern differently.

Having said that.......is the average Nigeria actually up in arms about this declaration of assets issue at the moment?

You see Londoner, the target of the public asset declaration is not the common man. It should be directed at those at the helms of affairs at various levels and the effect which the added transparency will have on the way things are done in the country.

This is not the time to indulge ourselves or provide soft landing for our President as the country, in spite of the huge potentials, is lagging behind in the comity of nations. The human development indices are discouraging and they need to, and indeed can, be reversed.

I admit, the mere or glib public declaration of assets by public officials may not stop stealing but it's indeed the right way to go in this corruption-infested environment of ours. The President should have seized that opportunity to send a strong message to all quarters that it is not business as usual and that would have been one step towards the agenda of transformation. One stroke of the axe does not cut a tree but the first stroke is not less important than the last one.

The President needs to do so many things at the same time to push, or inch, Nigeria towards the much-needed transformation. In my opinion, public declaration of assets, although not legally binding on him, is one of those things.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Pukkah: 5:35pm On Jun 26, 2012
PhysicsQED:

As I've said before, the best thing for GEJ to do to do earn any respect on this issue would be to send a bill to the national assembly requiring every single government official or 'public officer' from the lowest of the low all the way to the very top - himself - to periodically publish their asset declarations for public inspection by citizens in an independent or protected publication devoted specifically to such information. But from what I've seen from GEJ so far I don't think he really has the guts to do that.

I am in agreement with this.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by londoner: 5:35pm On Jun 26, 2012
@Pukkah...I don't disagree with your points, but to be honest even if he had declared his assets periodically even, the average Nigerian would actually accuse him of providing false accounts.

If it shows him not to have amassed billions to himself, they will never believe it to be true.This is Nigeria, where it is believed, anything can be falsified....and most of the time can be.

Even though it will not make any difference imo, he should have declared them perhaps, because it is not just Nigerians who would look for this as an indicator of a new way of doing things in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Pukkah: 5:42pm On Jun 26, 2012
londoner: @Pukkah...I don't disagree with your points, but to be honest even if he had declared his assets periodically even, the average Nigerian would actually accuse him of providing false accounts.

If it shows him not to have amassed billions to himself, they will never believe it to be true.This is Nigeria, where it is believed, anything can be falsified....and most of the time can be.

Even though it will not make any difference imo, he should have declared them perhaps, because it is not just Nigerians who would look for this as an indicator of a new way of doing things in Nigeria.

Exactly, and mind you Nigerians have a way of finding out the leaders that are corrupt whether or not they are convicted. The word is usually out there. Graft cannot be hidden and Integrity cannot be concealed.

It is easy to pass certain messages across as a leader. It is your series of actions that create a reputation for you.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Beaf: 5:43pm On Jun 26, 2012
Eziachi:
This thread is not about anybody's age and if I am desperately seeking respect, I knew where to go to find one. So, your respect or lack of it, absolutely is non issue for me and means nothing to me.
Concentrate on the thread issue, air your opinion as everybody else, I don't have to like or hate it. It your right.
And don't patronise me with your unsolicited hypocritical respect.

Age is meant to breed wisdom, not derision and contempt.
I hope one day, wisdom will mean something to you, so you don't end up a dried out noise maker like Ayittey.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Eziachi: 5:46pm On Jun 26, 2012

When a supposed elected leader in a democracy used the phrase:"I don't give a damn" when asked to show the public, how much he worth- He merited nothing but be called a mad man.
If Jonathan said he cannot visit an area where hundred of his own people had died under his watch as the C-in-C because its too dangerous for him, despite being guarded by a battalion, he is simply mad and doesn't need any window dressing. What he is saying in effect is that Boko Haram is now in full control of certain part of a country he is supposed to be running, while he is in-charge in areas he considered less dangerous and you can see why he went ahead and travelled to Brazil while his citizen are dying.

If you had been living in fear in Borno and some of this places and you expected a re-assurance from you leader and you ended up hearing that last Sunday, how would you feel? if not totally abandoned to your faith by the main person, whose first responsibility is to protect your live and property?

Have we forgotten how much George Bush was lambasted all over the world when he decided just to flew over New Orleans during the catrina hurricane disaster, when his people needed his comfort on the ground? Till today, many American has not forgiven him for that act, including those in his own party.
Serious nations would go to war because of the life of one of his citizens, but here you have a man saying he cannot trave to the trouble spot in his country because the airport is not working? Why is it not working? Only in Nigeria an airport is completely shut down due to refurbishment (But thats for another day to talk about it)
A good leader will walk the distance if that is what it takes to show leadership and reassure the people that you are governing. The days of accepting mediocrity just for ethnic loyalty is no longer acceptable to many people, especially Africans irrespective of country.

For many decades, we had turn our supposed servant-leaders into mini gods and you see that through the utterances of their supposed victims of their misrule.

5 Likes

Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Demdem(m): 5:47pm On Jun 26, 2012
Egbon razist, shut the ffuck up with this age jargons and let's face the topic of discussion jor. Nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Beaf: 5:47pm On Jun 26, 2012
Pukkah:

From his conduct so far especially in the area of articulating his thoughts into words, he's yet to demonstrate the supposed doctorate degree. He can hardly give a five-minute extempore speech without gaffes and avoidable errors.

What has a doctorate degree got to do with articulation?
A doctorate merely shows that you have hefty brains, and most of the Worlds heftiest brains and PhD's are poor communicators.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Beaf: 5:48pm On Jun 26, 2012
Demdem:

Egbon razist, shut the ffuck up with this age jargons and let's face the topic of discussion jor. Nonsense.

You sound just as dull and petty as Ezeachi. embarassed
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Demdem(m): 5:52pm On Jun 26, 2012
Beaf:

You sound just as dull and petty as Ezeachi. embarassed

And u sound confused, an idiiot that lacks ideas like the retardeen ur master.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Eziachi: 5:54pm On Jun 26, 2012
Beaf:

Age is meant to breed wisdom, not derision and contempt.
I hope one day, wisdom will mean something to you, so you don't end up a dried out noise maker like Ayittey.

Like I said, I would rather concentrate on the issue of the thread rather than the age of a faceless name on the internet. Meaningless to me and a waste of my time.
People like me and Prof Aryeteey are no longer comfortable with African mediocre rulers, no matter where ruler comes from.
Here in the West, we are seen as Africans first before anything else. So what this idiotic rulers do or do not do affect all of us, hence we are proud of Mandela, because his name gives us a measure of respect and integrity, irrespective of his country.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by maasoap(m): 5:57pm On Jun 26, 2012

He didn't call Jona a madman. He only quoted our constitution, and our constitution has been there before GEJ. But wait, when a leader, a president becomes kind of GEJ, what do you really call them. He shouldn't have gone to school at all. And to think of it that this man will be there for the next 3 years. Mehn, I don die.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by putro(m): 6:06pm On Jun 26, 2012
Nigeria is a Zoo.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by ronkebp(f): 6:10pm On Jun 26, 2012
Spirit of Okija:

Someone just disrespected an entire Country and you salute him?!

You are worse than an infidel..

But is it a lie, what that someone said?? Our Nation is a complete rididcule and you are defending what is not there?? what did you expect?? Yorubas' will say.." when big problems push you down, smaller ones will climb on top" what this man has said is just part of the smaller problems Naija will face or is facing.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by tunnytox(m): 6:11pm On Jun 26, 2012
putro: Nigeria is a Zoo.

No wonder some posters here are exhibiting attributes of a caged animal who now sees being in a cage as 'normal'
Thanks Eziachi for your intelligent contributions unfortunately some posters here won't see beyond their tribal sentiment.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by KnowAll(m): 6:11pm On Jun 26, 2012
Looks like some Prof fancy's d Dikko treatment, drugged, crated and ready for onward shipment to Kirikiri. That is d treatment dis loud mouth would have been given if Buhari was d President. Anyways GEJ bashing is a sport everyone endures and indulge in, including d clueless.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply)

Atiku, PDP Presidential Rally In Enugu State (More Photos) / EndSARS Protest: Fear Grips Politicians, Wealthy Nigerians Over Unabated Looting / Nnamdi Kanu Ordered The Assassination Of Anthony Nwoko - Asari Dokubo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.