Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,601 members, 7,827,263 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:48 AM

GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey - Politics (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey (41360 Views)

Nigeria: From One Clueless President To Another Clueless President? / Jonathan's Clueless Endorsement Speech Of Dickson In Bayelsa Today / David Mark As New Senate President: A Joke? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by 4evergod3: 1:04pm On Jun 26, 2012
na wa o

1 Like

Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Kehnyshavin: 1:12pm On Jun 26, 2012
d basic problem with nigeria and nigerians is dat we 4get easily and our leaders use dat 2dia advantage
national i.d card scam-late f.m Afolabi nd co,have we heard anythng abt it?
Police bribery scam-chief Martins et al,have they been prosecuted?
Eetehgate,u heard anythng abt it?
Ribadu and subsidy probe commitee?
Pension fund scam?
Standard chartered bank involving d Sarakis?
The list is endless and we re still counting.once we begin 2hold our leaders accountable eggheads like GEJ wld be afraid of showing up for elective posts
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by 4evergod3: 1:12pm On Jun 26, 2012
the guy no well

Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by admcompub: 1:12pm On Jun 26, 2012
Prof. Ayittey should be concern of his own country Ghana, and it's administration, he should not, after drunk with Kai-Kai, come and vomite rubbish on Nairaland, in pretense of saying that he knows Nigerian constitution more than we Nigerians. what is happening in Nigeria today is politically motivated,and should be handled with care, because, we know whom our neighbors are.......... Long life GJE, but it's only God will provide a solution to Nigeria.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Mandelaguy(m): 1:14pm On Jun 26, 2012
Talk is cheap and criticisms without content is cheaper. A professor who is setting towards senility came on an interview segment and blabbed and people are getting unnecessarily jumpy over issues they can see facts on ground to refute. This is totally absurd.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Zutchy: 1:15pm On Jun 26, 2012
Talking to you would be a great waste of my time,you are a totally inept human beign
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by tunnytox(m): 1:16pm On Jun 26, 2012
ubandire:

We should be more concerned about nigeria's future because of people like u,who have vowed to hate this administration,how can u be quoting a relatively unknown 'prof'who has been hired to say rubbish,and u have blindly followed without analysing,has he ever lived here?

So because he never lived in Nigeria so he doesn't understand what is going on in Nigeria? Please state at least 4 major achievements of your idol since he become the president.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Delafruita(m): 1:19pm On Jun 26, 2012
fesse:

So what are you still waiting for, come and examine my head. Inferiority complex is a very bad thing to one's status. You are a big f00l for Falling and celebrating under the cheap propaganda of a foreigner. Grow up man and defend your home.

i am not a fo.ol to defend mediocrity and arrant inefficiency.ebele epitomises failure.to support him is to go against everything i stand for.besides if i can take my time to adequately analyse the merits and demerits of an obama presidency,a cameron premiership,a sarkozy presidency,a zuma presidency,an atta-mills presidency and even a boni presidency,why shouldnt a ghanian professor take his time to analyse the presidency of my country and make his comments based on his analysis?those of you screaming "support your country" are just hypocrites.you were the same people that called obama unprintable names when he stood with the LGBT.you were the same people that ridiculed bashar al-assad on numerous threads and here you are castigating a man for airing his views.s.tupid hypocrites
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by onatisi(m): 1:19pm On Jun 26, 2012
kaelz:
Juz like u think ur dad is!!

your father was never sucessful in life becos if he was it would have reflected in ur thinking and reasoning so i dont expect anything of tangible substance from ur writtings .but to cap it up "you are the beeeeeeeeesssssssst foooooool in the world"
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by katunj: 1:19pm On Jun 26, 2012
samstradam:

Most people are already doing a good job of tearing your pathetic post apart, so I won't bother debunking all the other ridiculous points you put forward, but your pettiness did get me wondering, and thus I have spent some time trying to dig out a comparison of Ghana's fatal air disasters compared to ours.

Anyway despite you laughing off their infrastructure it seems Ghana has only had two major commercial air disasters since 1956 both independently certified to have been caused by poor weather and resulting in the death of a grand total of 16. You obviously know of the Nigerian inspired one recently, but here is a link to the only other case I could find.

http://www.airdisaster.com/cgi-bin/airline_detail.cgi?airline=Ghana+Air+Link

But according to WIki guess how many souls we have lost since that same amount of time in commercial flight mishaps (they didn't even add all our military disasters)- 1150 and still counting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_accidents_and_incidents_involving_commercial_aircraft (CLUE: press CTRL+F to highlight Nigeria< and see how many times it comes up on that page)

So I guess you are right, we should keep painting our airport car parks and laughing at those uncivilised shoe appreciating electricity having Ghanaians.

Correct !! I love ur. Post
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by tjcrown: 1:24pm On Jun 26, 2012
Mandelaguy: if I commend you now, the will start their conspiracy theory,but the truth is tha I have come into this form to air my views and will not be intimidated or shut up and no amount of mudslinging can make me back down from any position I take n national issues. Well done!

why did you refuse or fail to say AMEN to the prayer that YOUR LIFE WILL BE RUN IN A MANNER GOODLUCK IS RUNNING THIS COUNTRY. You are all over the space singing President's praise. Even if you are his relative or you are being the number of response you post per day, you need to be diplomatic with your response. Let me ask you; Do you know the number of people being murdered and maimed on a weekly basis and my president could not curb it? Do you know the number of citizens- graduates wallowing in a abject poverty? Do you that more than 2 trillion naira subsidy fraud is more than Nigeria annual budget and my president is still dining and wining with the suspects ( Anyway, they financed his campaign)? Do you know the cost of travelling for international meeting with more than 100 delegates and the cost to you and i? Nobody is asking for perfection from GEJ but just to solve our basic problems.

Please, MR Melakwu or what, even if you have been paid, have mercy on 150 million nigerians, the youngs and olds. Do you know, I have a friend in Dana Air crash and our president did not sack the aviation minister who failed to monitor airline for safety. This guy had less than a year old kid, what do you think will become this little angel fate, when his dad was killed by ineptitude and corruption of our leaders. You know the crash was avoidable but alas it was not averted. You may ask me if i expect GEJ to stay at the airport and check the aircraft? Obviously NO! Thats why he has a minister responsible for that role and when she failed to perform, she should be sacked with immediate alactrity. But can your president sack her? Of course no. Do you know why? she financed GEJ campaign and she sponsors door to door campaign and thats the reason live of hundreds is sacrificed. God will pay you back in your own coin.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Delafruita(m): 1:25pm On Jun 26, 2012
Mekusnwa: if you listened very carefully to the presidents chat without watching Euro 2012, you would hve heard when he asked Maokpe Ogun to take steps to verify from the ICPC boss about the level of autonomy they enjoy. The president categorically said he gives both EFCC and ICPC the latitude to perform their task. And if ure truthful to ur self on your perception of Gej, you know it's not a lie. Gej is not intimidating or a bully like Obj. First, It was under Gej's first week in office that the EFCC arrested and charged Bankole. Next, Gej signed into law the FOI Act which other presidents hve been dodging to sign since the Obj days. Next, Gej rescucitated the Ibori case and the subsequent trial in Uk. I know many will want to discredit this as political witchunt, but what can they also say about the trial and prosecution of Gbenga Daniel, Alao Akala, Abdullahi adamu of Nassarawa, Danjuma Goje and most recently Timi sylva. When the EFCC boss appeared incompetent, he sacked her and replaced him with Lamorde who under Ribadu carried out investigations against Gej. That move was welcomed by all and sundry. Gej's govt has been initiating series of probes into several Government Ministries and Agencies. It was Gej that directed the freezing if accounts and the subsequent evaluation of the pensions scheme which led to the senate probe on pensions that has revealed over 125 billion fraud. The Fg has also directed the EFCC to charge them and they hve been charged and presently facing trial. Presently, the minister of finance is doing bio metric capturing of federal workers and blocking all areas of leakages thru the integrated online payment system . To curb the menace of abandoned contracts, the Fg has directed that there will no longer be mobilization payments to contractors. Under, Gej all types of probes are flourishing. Anybody is at liberty to start investigation on any sector, there's no interference nor the bulliying that we used to see during the Obj days. The Fg started also by cutting allowances of public servants. He slashed the allowances of lawmakers from 42 m quareterly to 15 m quarterly. Wetin again una wan make this man do? Farouk lawan case has been taken up by the police,

you are either high on something or just plain ignorant.what do you mean GEJ isnt a bully?what do you call his actions against sylva?what do you call his actions in foistering tukur on PDP?you say bankole was charged,you mean the same bankole that has been freed?you even mentioned ibori.the same ibori or another one?see if you dont have anything sensible to say,go and sleep

1 Like

Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by tunnytox(m): 1:27pm On Jun 26, 2012
ubandire:

We should be more concerned about nigeria's future because of people like u,who have vowed to hate this administration,how can u be quoting a relatively unknown 'prof'who has been hired to say rubbish,and u have blindly followed without analysing,has he ever lived here?

Hypocrites so because he doesn't live in Nigeria he cannot understand what is happening in Nigeria? Please tell me just 4 major achievements of your idol since he become the president.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Dpeacemaker101: 1:31pm On Jun 26, 2012
This professor and whatever he says he is,should concentrate more in his country. We have our issues, and so does every country. You don't live with us or know so much about our government more than we Nigerians. The declaration of assets should never be an issue,cause he can't do that openly due to the present situation of the country and the bombs goin off. The president is a target and as a matter of fact should be security conscious. So declaring his assets openly is just exposing him to security threat and we wouldn't want that to happen. If Ghanian president does that, sorry we won't and never declear assets publicly. GEJ, was given an assets declaration form before he got into office and I guess he filled the form, so if you are so keen on knowing the assets of the president, you should go to the apropriate authorities and request for it,and tell them what you need it for. I hope the Professor,can read the comments and suggestion on these. Let it not be that we talking to ourselves in here, and the man is in his country thinking he has hit GEJ .......cause he never did.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by tjcrown: 1:33pm On Jun 26, 2012
Mandelaguy: I have relatives in Ghana,all of you defending Ghana are jokers. Anyway, we should learn the issues to talk about on this forum and the ones to ignore. The so called professor should have addressed his country's issues before looking our way(I know they are not better)but we can see the reason why he did not on this forum. Most of us have made it our profession to castigate everything in this country and when some sane people try to restore sanity,they are either labelled paid,or pro Jonathan. We are proudly Nigerian and will spill our last blood to protect the integrity of this nation and can only achieve that by being constructive in our criticisms,proffering solutions to our problems,economically,socially,security wise,e..t.c building a nation is a collective responsibility and our children will hold us accountable if we fail. What am saying is(in simple terms for those slowpokes and jokers here) stop hurling insults here and there,shares deals,trade views and all. I will not join issues with an American based professor who knows nothing about the internal workings of this country. We who hlive here, having spen little years outside the shores of this great naion will authoritatively tell you that the greatest forces that pull down the building of any country or economy is sabotage. Sabotage come in different forms because of the varying self interests at the minds of the perpetrators. Some people like kobojunkie and co are here making claims about this and that,labelling and inciting people without having afore knowledge of what they are talking about,inasmuch as they claim otherwise. It will interest you to note that they use verbal abuse and their mindset is that everyone on this forum who is on the other side or with a conflicting opinion is venal. My position remains,build,don't pull down. The country has been passing thro a difficult phase,and like some sensible people have een saying,let us stop insults and criticise objectively. If after all said and done GEJ fails, we will all say it,but for now,we should commend him on he areas he is succeedng and encourage him on the areas he is trying to and caution him on the areas he is failing to address. This is what democracy is all about and this is our own responsibility and contribution and not to use his forum for name calling,mudslinging, insults and arguing over which idiot said this or that.

why did you refuse or fail to say AMEN to the prayer that YOUR LIFE WILL BE RUN IN A MANNER GOODLUCK IS RUNNING THIS COUNTRY. You are all over the space singing President's praise. Even if you are his relative or you are being the number of response you post per day, you need to be diplomatic with your response. Let me ask you; Do you know the number of people being murdered and maimed on a weekly basis and my president could not curb it? Do you know the number of citizens- graduates wallowing in a abject poverty? Do you that more than 2 trillion naira subsidy fraud is more than Nigeria annual budget and my president is still dining and wining with the suspects ( Anyway, they financed his campaign)? Do you know the cost of travelling for international meeting with more than 100 delegates and the cost to you and i? Nobody is asking for perfection from GEJ but just to solve our basic problems.

Please, MR Melakwu or what, even if you have been paid, have mercy on 150 million nigerians, the youngs and olds. Do you know, I have a friend in Dana Air crash and our president did not sack the aviation minister who failed to monitor airline for safety. This guy had less than a year old kid, what do you think will become this little angel fate, when his dad was killed by ineptitude and corruption of our leaders. You know the crash was avoidable but alas it was not averted. You may ask me if i expect GEJ to stay at the airport and check the aircraft? Obviously NO! Thats why he has a minister responsible for that role and when she failed to perform, she should be sacked with immediate alactrity. But can your president sack her? Of course no. Do you know why? she financed GEJ campaign and she sponsors door to door campaign and thats the reason live of hundreds is sacrificed. God will pay you back in your own coin.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by tjcrown: 1:40pm On Jun 26, 2012
Mekusnwa: The way you guys talk as if Gej's govt has not done anything on roads baffles me. Systematically, some people in Nairaland keep hiding the truth from the public. But I will make bold to list GEJ's achievement on roads so that genuine minded people will know and take steps to verify while the haters and BH Nairalanders,will find another opportunity to reign in their insults and abuses. In just one year, precisely 2011 budget, Gej was able to award and also complete some of the road projects across the country viz; Owerri-Onitsha, Afikpo-Okigwe, 9th mile, Auchi-Okene, Benin-Ore-Lagos(80%), Apapa-Oshodi expressway awarded to Julius Berger, Kaduna eastern Byepass, Kano Byepass, Keffi-Akwanga-Lafia, Obi-Awe-Lafia, Kano - Maidugri, Kolo- Nembe-brass, Zaria-Funtua-Gusau which is above 101 km. let's be factual please

Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by tunnytox(m): 1:43pm On Jun 26, 2012
tjcrown:

He can't say amen to the prayer because he and many other Jonathan's supporters are hypocrites. If you support Jonathan and you believe he's running Nigeria very well, may your life be run the way Jonathan is running Nigeria! Can I hear you shout ameeeen!
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Delafruita(m): 1:44pm On Jun 26, 2012
[quote author=Mekusnwa] The way you guys talk as if Gej's govt has not done anything on roads baffles me. Systematically, some people in Nairaland keep hiding the truth from the public. But I will make bold to list GEJ's achievement on roads so that genuine minded people will know and take steps to verify while the haters and BH Nairalanders,will find another opportunity to reign in their insults and abuses. In just one year, precisely 2011 budget, Gej was able to award and also complete some of the road projects across the country viz; Owerri-Onitsha, Afikpo-Okigwe, 9th mile, Auchi-Okene, Benin-Ore-Lagos(80%), Apapa-Oshodi expressway awarded to Julius Berger, Kaduna eastern Byepass, Kano Byepass, Keffi-Akwanga-Lafia, Obi-Awe-Lafia, Kano - Maidugri, Kolo- Nembe-brass, Zaria-Funtua-Gusau which is above 101 km. let's be factual please[/quote/]
serious sickness dey worry you.so when a president is given amounts in excess of 12trillion naira over a 2 year period and can only boast of continuing work on roads that were already at advance stage of construction,he should be applauded?thats aside the fact that he raked up debt of over $44billion,and eroded our foreign reserves from $55billion to less than $20billion.that also besides the fact that he abolished the ecess crude account that had a balance of $33billion and replaced it with a sovereign wealth fund with an opening balance of $1billion leaving us to wander where the remaining $32billion went to.this is aside the fact that our budget now allocates 82% to recurrent expenditure while in 2007 only 46% was allocated to recurrent.this is aside the fact that the total subhead of jonathan and sambo is far more than the measly 10billion naira allocated to youth empowerment.this is aside the fact that Mr. president thinks it necessary to buy a new jet when millions earn less than the price of a litre of fuel per day.this is aside the fact the the SURE-P which was bandied about as the way forward and the reason for removing subsidy is probably on a shelve gathering dust.where are the 600 schools?where are the 20 general hospitals?where are the 12 major roads?where are the 370,000 jobs?where are the refineries?we dont even hear anything about SURE-P anymore.am sure some people willl say its because subsidy wasnt totally removed.at least he removed 50%,why havent they done even 2% of SURE-P.i really wonder how some people will openly celebrate mediocrity.i challenge the jonathan goons to state one major achievement of the jonathan administration.no matter how much we dislike IBB,we will always thank him for the 3rd mainland bridge.abacha's PTF did a lot of good albeit lopsided,obasanjo gave us telecommunication which has done a lot to develop our nation(mind you he gave us GsM after just one year in office).oya ebele people,start running your mouths.and please dont list projects that were began by previous administrations like railway or some major roads.what has ebele started and finished?

1 Like

Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by TMoni1(m): 1:51pm On Jun 26, 2012
I sreamed!!!
I shouted!!! cry
I even begged nigerians not to vote jonathan!!!

But they wouldnt listen...see what yall have done now.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Chyz2: 1:56pm On Jun 26, 2012
Bravo!
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by SmoothCrim: 1:58pm On Jun 26, 2012
To the people comparing Nigerian to Ghana.

Looking at 2012 Statistics Ghanais better in areas that matter most this is:

1) Failed State Index- After all if you are a failed state you are the lowest of the low
2) Human development Index- After all it controls for ever thing
3) Ghana was the fastest growing economy in 2011
4) Percent living below poverty 25 percent vs. 70 percent in Nigeria
5) Global peace index- without peace there can be no development
6) Balanced Economy- 90 percent of Nigeria's revenues are from oil. Take away oil and Nigeria is finished. Ghana's economy is more diverse so it is better

The areas where Nigeria is much better than Ghana is strictly due to population and when you control for population Nigeria is about as good as Senegal or worse! In other words it is what will happen if you join 7 Senegal's together and call it a federal republic. There is nothing special being done in Nigeria which is out of the norm and Nigeria CANNOT be called a regional power because, it can't really exert power EVEN IN NIGERIA(Boko Haram controls 70 percent of the state)! That is to say, Nigeria cannot control all of its territory(hence the term FAILED STATE)... Nigeria is not in Ghana's league! To compare Nigeria to Ghana is to compare worst to better. It is to compare a bike to a car.

I will end by saying Nigerians should develop Nigeria and stop talking. The country should first and foremost

1) Get rid of Al Qaeda(Boko Haram)
2) diversify it's Economy
3) stop migrating to other countries and fix Nigeria because as long as Nigeria is in very bad shape with bad news every time, Nigerians will never be respected....
4) Stop portraying Nigeria as the biggest black state and stuff like that. It is an embarrassment and makes Blacks look bad. If Nigeria is a reflection of blacks then what a disgrace grin grin grin grin Nigeria is a reflection of Nigeria. Full stop!
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by PE: 2:06pm On Jun 26, 2012
Nigerians to where are we heading? This is like your neighbour saying your father is clueless and you are celebrating him.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Kobojunkie: 2:11pm On Jun 26, 2012
PhysicsQED: Bayoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo,

Please recheck your facts.

GEJ became president in February of 2010.

It was published in newspapers (that often run stories critical of him) by September of 2010 that he complied with the constitution and had declared his assets to the Code of Conduct Bureau. This means that sometime between February and September of 2010 he had declared his assets to the Code of Conduct Bureau in accordance with the constitution which requires assets declaration upon assumption of office.

The best anyone could claim is that maybe he was late in not declaring them within 3 months but I'm not sure this could actually be proven as the people who would have the details of when exactly it was declared would have to be tracked down directly and questioned.

This prof is basically a loudmouth with no real focus in life other than political criticism and commentary. The first clue was his casual dismissal of the beginning of significant agricultural reforms under Dr. Adesina (GEJ's agriculture minister) and his assertion that GEJ should have traveled with a motorcade directly into Borno to do god knows what exactly rather than conferring with the officials of the state government of Borno at another place merely because GEJ is the president and the place is being bombed by terrorists.

CORRECTION, he has been sworn-in as President TWICE, and that means He has failed on both requirements. His 2010 swearing in ended in 2009 when he was sworn-in again. Note the stipulation is that it be done BEFORE every swearing in and after each term.

So people OPEN YOUR EYES to what your constitution says.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Kobojunkie: 2:17pm On Jun 26, 2012
tunnytox:

Hypocrites so because he doesn't live in Nigeria he cannot understand what is happening in Nigeria? Please tell me just 4 major achievements of your idol since he become the president.

America wey dey 1000's of miles away knows more about Nigeria then even Nigerian leaders do. Do not mind the in land morons who think that being a Nigerian implies one has to have his/her head stuck in the arse of a politician in the name of Jesus. grin
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by ronkebp(f): 2:18pm On Jun 26, 2012
Excuzeme: Nigerian People? Always ready with an excuse, no matter how silly, to justify ineptitude!

*It is not whether Ghana is better than Nigeria...
*It is not whether this man (The prof) is a Ghananian or Nigerian....
*It is not about whether Hausas want to grab power or power should remain in the south.....
*It is not about whether l am PDP and You are ACN or whatever party name that comes to your mind....
*It is not about whether some hate or like GEJ, whether they are South-South or North-South or West-East or whatever!.....

IT IS ABOUT GOOD GOVERNANCE IN NIGERIA AND EFFECTIVE, PROACTIVE LEADERSHIP.

On these accounts, Jonathan comes across as a complete MEDIOCRE and FRAUD!

All the "paid praise-singers" on N/land can abuse me all day and night but it does not change the fact that this President is a MIS-FIT for that position!
Haaba? How low can Nigeria's Presidency get after these?

Sad indeed.

You can say this again!!!!!! Gbamest!!!

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by londoner: 2:20pm On Jun 26, 2012
samstradam:

Most people are already doing a good job of tearing your pathetic post apart, so I won't bother debunking all the other ridiculous points you put forward, but your pettiness did get me wondering, and thus I have spent some time trying to dig out a comparison of Ghana's fatal air disasters compared to ours.

Anyway despite you laughing off their infrastructure it seems Ghana has only had two major commercial air disasters since 1956 both independently certified to have been caused by poor weather and resulting in the death of a grand total of 16. You obviously know of the Nigerian inspired one recently, but here is a link to the only other case I could find.

http://www.airdisaster.com/cgi-bin/airline_detail.cgi?airline=Ghana+Air+Link

But according to WIki guess how many souls we have lost since that same amount of time in commercial flight mishaps (they didn't even add all our military disasters)- 1150 and still counting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_accidents_and_incidents_involving_commercial_aircraft (CLUE: press CTRL+F to highlight Nigeria< and see how many times it comes up on that page)

So I guess you are right, we should keep painting our airport car parks and laughing at those uncivilised shoe appreciating electricity having Ghanaians.

@Sanstradam, as far as I know the air accidents in Nigeria are usually caused by domestic flights within Nigeria right?

What is the comparison between Ghana and Nigeria with regard to DOMESTIC air traffic?

As far as I know Ghanaians usually travel by road.

They have four domestic airlines that I know of (there may be more) and they began operations in the early two thousands.

Nigeria on the other hand has about 19 domestic airlines the first of which began operations in 1960 or thereabouts.

Domestic flights are very common with Nigerians as opposed to their Ghanaian counterparts.

So, I would say your comparison skews facts a little as it hides that you are in fact comparing apples and oranges.

I would say though, that I believe Ghanaians do regard safety as a priority.

Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Fhemmmy: 2:21pm On Jun 26, 2012
I am going through for the first time and this is what we have been saying, GEJ is clueless . . . I like him as a person, but surely not as a leader . . . .
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by maximum007(m): 2:24pm On Jun 26, 2012
Did GEJ really say all these? Those comments showed so much immaturity.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by alpontif(m): 2:24pm On Jun 26, 2012
I dont give a Damn..!
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Fhemmmy: 2:25pm On Jun 26, 2012
maximum007: Did GEJ really say all this? Those comments showed so much immaturity.

I will like someone to confirm if na true that he has not visited that state all cos of bad airport.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Kobojunkie: 2:30pm On Jun 26, 2012
Fhemmmy:

I will like someone to confirm if na true that he has not visited that state all cos of bad airport.

He said it on National TV . . . Aren't there already clips of the Chat on Youtube?
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Demdem(m): 2:31pm On Jun 26, 2012
Fhemmmy:

he hasnt and he did say it. Check channels site for the recording of the media chat.

@Post

I honestly dont need a foreigner to tell me i have a dumbo for president. i've always known this. tried my best not to get him elected but 22millions Nigerians did had their way.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (22) (Reply)

Prof. Olufumilayo Adesanya-Davies Declares Presidential Ambition For 2019 (PIC) / Nigerian Youth Kneels As Senator Akpabio Inspects His Campaign Shirt / Have You Seen This Mistake Aljazera Made About The Governor Of Akwa Ibom?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.