Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,831 members, 7,817,431 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:08 PM

The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness (15292 Views)

An Example Of How Science Trails Far Behind The Bible / Charles Finney: An Example Of A Prayer Man / A Fine Example Of Religious Tolerance - *SARCASM* (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by emofine2(f): 11:24am On Jul 02, 2012
FXKing2012: I'm tired of hearing these atheists making absolutely no sense but thinking they are making sense. How is the story of Job different from that of Abraham whom God tested his faith, he passed the test and God made him greater than he cld have ever imagined.
Job's faith was tested - God even boasted that Job is a righteous man who wldnt deny Him - and he (Job) was made greater than he ever was or ever cld have been.
As an engineer, when u build a new piece of machinery, you put it to the test to see how reliable it is. As a pharmacist, when u develop a new drug you test it to see how efficacious it is, etc etc. We are God's creation and there is nothing bad in Him testing our faith in Him.

Actually "God" wasn't testing Job "he" was proving Job.
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by FXKing2012(m): 11:29am On Jul 02, 2012
logicboy01:

lol.....Nowhere in the bible does it say that Job was a fearful man. liar

Furthermore, fear is not a reason to accept Satan's request;

[size=14pt]4 “Skin for skin!” Satan replied. “A man will give all he has for his own life. 5 But now stretch out your hand and strike his flesh and bones, and he will surely curse you to your face.”[/size]

Job said what he feared most has befallen him (that shows he was a fearful man).
God told Satan to do with Job as he wishes but not to kill him (Job).

Guy I've told u u dont have a deep understanding of the Bible, pls dont even try to argue wt me. Again, you take the Bible at face value cos u dont have the spiritual standing to read inbetween the lines and get the deeper meanings.
Do u know why Jesus always spoke in parables? Becos the Word is not meant for those outside the kingdom to understand. . .you dont give what is holy unto dogs cos they will trample upon it. So the Word will always remain a mystery to folks like u.

4 Likes

Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by dekung(m): 12:07pm On Jul 02, 2012
logicboy01:

lol.....Nowhere in the bible does it say that Job was a fearful man. liar

Furthermore, fear is not a reason to accept Satan's request;

[size=14pt]4 “Skin for skin!” Satan replied. “A man will give all he has for his own life. 5 But now stretch out your hand and strike his flesh and bones, and he will surely curse you to your face.”[/size]
FX is only regurgitating what his pastors told him. I was a christian for many years as well and these pastor, doing everything possible to put the blame of the destruction which befell Job (the victim) on himself, go arround quoting the part where Job said 'that which i fear most most came upon me'. What they fail to point out or realise is that whether Job was fearful or not, his fate was sealed in the battle of wits between God and Satan. In the discussion between the two waring parties there was nowhere it was stated that God allowed the misfortune because Job was fearful, nowhere! It all came from the modern day christian who will do everything to shift blame. Talk about cognitive dissonance. And like I said earlier the event never happened, the book of Job is the oldest book in the bible and it does not have a jewish origin, meaning Job had no connection with the Jewish race. The story was stolen from some eastern literature. It is actually a poetic literature.......... but most christians, who have no clue as to the origin of the book, would go arround announcing and believing the story is an actual historical event.

3 Likes

Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by logicboy01: 12:25pm On Jul 02, 2012
FXKing2012:

Job said what he feared most has befallen him (that shows he was a fearful man).
God told Satan to do with Job as he wishes but not to kill him (Job).

Guy I've told u u dont have a deep understanding of the Bible, pls dont even try to argue wt me. Again, you take the Bible at face value cos u dont have the spiritual standing to read inbetween the lines and get the deeper meanings.
Do u know why Jesus always spoke in parables? Becos the Word is not meant for those outside the kingdom to understand. . .you dont give what is holy unto dogs cos they will trample upon it. So the Word will always remain a mystery to folks like u.

Keep lying and justifying the murder of innocent family. Please, show me the bible quote, liar.

You are here defending a God that ould allow Satan to murder people just to prove faith. If what happened to Job is justifiable, then may it happen to you.

3 Likes

Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by logicboy01: 12:25pm On Jul 02, 2012
dekung:
FX is only regurgitating what his pastors told him. I was a christian for many years as well and these pastor, doing everything possible to put the blame of the destruction which befell Job (the victim) on himself, go arround quoting the part where Job said 'that which i fear most most came upon me'. What they fail to point out or realise is that whether Job was fearful or not, his fate was sealed in the battle of wits between God and Satan. In the discussion between the two waring parties there was nowhere it was stated that God allowed the misfortune because Job was fearful, nowhere! It all came from the modern day christian who will do everything to shift blame. Talk about cognitive dissonance. And like I said earlier the event never happened, the book of Job is the oldest book in the bible and it does not have a jewish origin, meaning Job had no connection with the Jewish race. The story was stolen from some eastern literature. It is actually a poetic literature.......... but most christians, who have no clue as to the origin of the book, would go arround announcing and believing the story is an actual historical event.

Thank you! Well said
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by buzugee(m): 12:41pm On Jul 02, 2012
logicboy01:

Thank you! Well said
you are like a leaf that is blown about in the wind Logicboy. you have been in here screaming your lungs about how the Lord is evil because of what he did to Job. then someone tells you the story of Job is not real. and then the next minute you are on that ship. grin grin grin atheism is real confusion i tell ya.

2 Likes

Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by logicboy01: 12:45pm On Jul 02, 2012
buzugee: you are like a leaf that is blown about in the wind Logicboy. you have been in here screaming your lungs about how the Lord is evil because of what he did to Job. then someone tells you the story of Job is not real. and then the next minute you are on that ship. grin grin grin atheism is real confusion i tell ya.

Sharaap.

As an atheist, of course the story of Job is not true. I am just saying how wicked God would be if he existed and the story was true
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by buzugee(m): 12:49pm On Jul 02, 2012
logicboy01:

Sharaap.

As an atheist, of course the story of Job is not true. I am just saying how wicked God would be if he existed and the story was true
you make no sense. if the story is not true why have you opened several threads shouting about how evil God was because of what he did to Job ? you cant sneak your way out of this one. you are one confused man. time to come into the light. this darkness thing aint working for ya. its making you unstable in all your ways. scripture says ' a double minded man is unstable in all his ways '

4 Likes

Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by logicboy01: 1:00pm On Jul 02, 2012
buzugee: you make no sense. if the story is not true why have you opened several threads shouting about how evil God was because of what he did to Job ? you cant sneak your way out of this one. you are one confused man. time to come into the light. this darkness thing aint working for ya. its making you unstable in all your ways. scripture says ' a double minded man is unstable in all his ways '

Huh? Exploring a hypothetical issue is not confusion. lol...you love to be ignorant
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by danwo: 1:06pm On Jul 02, 2012
buzugee:

you make no sense. if the story is not true why have you opened several threads shouting about how evil God was because of what he did to Job ? you cant sneak your way out of this one. you are one confused man. time to come into the light. this darkness thing aint working for ya. its making you unstable in all your ways. scripture says ' a double minded man is unstable in all his ways '

@^^^

It is easier said by you than done by him

It is only the mercy of God coupled with a broken & contrite heart which can get him delivered from the chains of darkness that's embroiled him

A change of name such as from Simon to Peter to cement it rock solid too.

2 Likes

Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by buzugee(m): 1:08pm On Jul 02, 2012
logicboy01:

Huh? Exploring a hypothetical issue is not confusion. lol...you love to be ignorant
you were not exploring nothing. you were pretty much vested in the job story. i remember telling you 4 weeks ago that the story of job is allegorical and symbolic. you refused to accept that explanation. you said it was a real story. so dont try sneaking out of this one.

Dekung, every story came from the first civilization on earth. the hebrew israelites. so if it has found its way into some middle eastern literature then what they have is a remixed version. its like how the story of Jesus has been adapted to every culture in the world. like in egypt the story has been adapted to isis and horus. every remix of the scripture is in all cultures of the world. remixed and adapted to their own cultures. so the story of Job is an allegorical representation of the plight of the israelites.
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by buzugee(m): 1:11pm On Jul 02, 2012
danwo:

@^^^

It is easier said by you than done by him

It is only the mercy of God coupled with a broken & contrite heart which can get him delivered from the chains of darkness that's embroiled him

A change of name such as from Simon to Peter to cement it rock solid too.
he shooo is in heavy darkness i tell ya. Our logicboy needs an exorcism. anything short of that and he aint breaking free. he got demons stronger than legion holding him down in that pit of darkness grin

2 Likes

Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by danwo: 1:28pm On Jul 02, 2012
buzugee:

he shooo is in heavy darkness i tell ya. Our logicboy needs an exorcism. anything short of that and he aint breaking free. he got demons stronger than legion holding him down in that pit of darkness grin

Demons or legions aint going to waste their energy on our logicboy, they have their own battles in the pit of darkness they dealing with to worry about him. The chain of darkness is just like the shrouds of clothing wrapped over dead bodies. He is enveloped or delivered in this chains of darkness. To break off the chains of darkness all by himself, he sure would need some anointing of sorts or if not the one similar to Samson's.
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by buzugee(m): 1:39pm On Jul 02, 2012
danwo:

Demons or legions aint going to waste their energy on our logicboy, they have their own battles in the pit of darkness they dealing with to worry about him. The chain of darkness is just like the shrouds of clothing wrapped over dead bodies. He is enveloped or delivered in this chains of darkness. To break off the chains of darkness all by himself, he sure would need some anointing of sorts or if not the one similar to Samson's.
grin grin grin yeah he definitely need an exorcism akin to the horsepower of samsons strength. logicboy been put to sleep. deep sleep. he just a walking zombie now. just a shell. this verse is who logicboy is ISAIAH 6 VS 10 Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and convert, and be healed.

For one reason or the other, the lord put a spirit of deep sleep on him. that tells me he still owes the lord a major butt whooping because when you have been put in spiritual sleep, that means you have no protection. you are butt nekkid. exposed. ready for satan to take a bite. no protection. thats logicboy in a nutshell. he butt nekkid and exposed to the whims of satan because he has been put to sleep. i think i will give him a new nickname. 'ZOMBIE' grin grin

2 Likes

Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by FXKing2012(m): 2:41pm On Jul 02, 2012
dekung:

Sincerely, all I feel for u is pity cos the likes of u have a special place in hell.
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by FXKing2012(m): 2:44pm On Jul 02, 2012
logicboy01:

Keep lying and justifying the murder of innocent family. Please, show me the bible quote, liar.

You are here defending a God that ould allow Satan to murder people just to prove faith. If what happened to Job is justifiable, then may it happen to you.

The Bible says anyone who removes or adds to the Bible will have his name removed from the Book of Life. So why wld I wanna add to the Bible. You dont know the Bible and I cant be debating the contents of the Holy Book with u.
I pray ur eyes open someday.

1 Like

Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by buzugee(m): 3:09pm On Jul 02, 2012
FXKing2012:

The Bible says anyone who removes or adds to the Bible will have his name removed from the Book of Life. So why wld I wanna add to the Bible. You dont know the Bible and I cant be debating the contents of the Holy Book with u.
I pray ur eyes open someday.
dont hold your breath
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by Mpetempe(m): 8:44pm On Jul 02, 2012
The Devil Is Using Your Logic Mentality To Betray Your Destiny! Wake Up, Jesus Reigns...

3 Likes

Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by logicboy01: 8:47pm On Jul 02, 2012
Mpetempe: The Devil Is Using Your Logic Mentality To Betray Your Destiny! Wake Up, Jesus Reigns...

Shut up.

Jesus died on the cross like a fowl
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by logicboy01: 8:48pm On Jul 02, 2012
FXKing2012:

Cos we dont want ur azz to fry in hell.

You would be in hell for defending murder.

How do you even know that ou're serving the right God. Musims also talk about hell
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by logicboy01: 8:48pm On Jul 02, 2012
danwo:

Doesnt have to be a lost cause. Salvation is in the darkness. When you hear the voice out of the darkness, hearken to it and it shall be well with you.

Is this some kind of harry potter thing?
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by FXKing2012(m): 9:26pm On Jul 02, 2012
logicboy01:

You would be in hell for defending murder.

How do you even know that ou're serving the right God. Musims also talk about hell

Oh so now u believe in hell, u are so so confused my dear.

2 Likes

Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by logicboy01: 9:34pm On Jul 02, 2012
FXKing2012:

Oh so now u believe in hell, u are so so confused my dear.

Wrong, I do not believe in hell. Just saying tht you would be there before me if it existed
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by FXKing2012(m): 9:36pm On Jul 02, 2012
logicboy01:

Wrong, I do not believe in hell. Just saying tht you would be there before me if it existed

So now u think there is a possibility hell might exist. Confusion na bad thing o!

1 Like

Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by logicboy01: 9:40pm On Jul 02, 2012
FXKing2012:

So now u think there is a possibility hell might exist. Confusion na bad thing o!

Of course there is a probability; 0.00000000000000000000000000000001 * 10-infinity

1 Like

Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by FXKing2012(m): 9:54pm On Jul 02, 2012
logicboy01:

Of course there is a probability; 0.00000000000000000000000000000001 * 10-infinity

So if u believe there is a probability - no matter how minute - is it not wiser to believe in God, die and go to heaven than risk not believing in God, die and go to hell. This is mere simple logic (and u call urself logicboy)

1 Like

Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by logicboy01: 9:59pm On Jul 02, 2012
FXKing2012:

So if u believe there is a probability - no matter how minute - is it not wiser to believe in God, die and go to heaven than risk not believing in God, die and go to hell. This is mere simple logic (and u call urself logicboy)

lolololololol.

The probaqblilty of hell existing is the same as the toothfairy existing.

Furthermore, you have almost as much chance of going to hell as me. What if it is Allah that ends up being real? Muslim hell for you! What if it Zeus? Hades for you! What if it is Odin? Norse hell for you? What if it is Jewish Yaweh? Jewish hell for you!
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by FXKing2012(m): 10:08pm On Jul 02, 2012
logicboy01:

lolololololol.

The probaqblilty of hell existing is the same as the toothfairy existing.

Furthermore, you have almost as much chance of going to hell as me. What if it is Allah that ends up being real? Muslim hell for you! What if it Zeus? Hades for you! What if it is Odin? Norse hell for you? What if it is Jewish Yaweh? Jewish hell for you!

Now I see why u are so confused, seems I've been wasting my time on you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Another Gospel Singer Uncovered As An Illuminati Member / We Won't Resign, Pastor Iluyomade, Wife Tell Pastor Adeboye / Why Infant Baptism Should Stop!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.