Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,664 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:43 PM

The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness (15293 Views)

An Example Of How Science Trails Far Behind The Bible / Charles Finney: An Example Of A Prayer Man / A Fine Example Of Religious Tolerance - *SARCASM* (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by doublecross(m): 2:43pm On Jul 03, 2012
this is what led me to go into science at school. all the stories in the bible.....how were they written? they even tell what God is saying in heaven.
logicboy01:

Not off topic! That was a great question. I wish more people questioned these stories!
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by doublecross(m): 3:07pm On Jul 03, 2012
since you are saying that...then i have every reason to believe you are not good in calculations. take it this way......lets take the existence of heaven and hell to be a probability. if heaven exists and you dont believe, then your enjoyment on earth has been a waste of time as you will forever suffer in hell. but if heaven does not exist and you believe,then your righteousness on earth has also been a waste as a dead man is a dead man.
FXKing2012:

So if u believe there is a probability - no matter how minute - is it not wiser to believe in God, die and go to heaven than risk not believing in God, die and go to hell. This is mere simple logic (and u call urself logicboy)
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by chuckvyl(m): 4:15pm On Jul 03, 2012
Guys listen,
Jesus said you err not knowing the scriptures nor the power of God.For the peeps mocking the Job story,one thing rings through all of your posts:"ARROGANCE AND HUMANISTIC IDEOLOGY".
Jesus said,"Thank you Father for hiding these things from the WISE and PRUDENT of the world and revealing it to BABES.Even so it pleased you Father".
Paul in Romans said,Considering themselves wise they became fools.
Now listen,How can you charge your Maker with murder?
Do you think GOD is a citizen of any country or a human being that you can charge him with murder?
God has the power to take away life and to give life.He alone has this right because he created all things.God is just.If God decides to destroy the children of Job,then it is Just.The problem you have is that you call them INNOCENT. Who says that they are innocent?What right do you have to declare them innocent? God's justice says "All have sinned and come short of the glory of God",including Job's children.
Innocent from what?Can you tell me? The God of all the earth is a Loving and Just God.He created you,he loves you but he will not pardon an unrepentant soul.The root of unrepentance and defiance against God is pride and arrogance.
I advise folks to always read the bible in its context.Right at the beginning of Job,The bible even gives you a clue that the ways of Job's children might not be upright before God.Job must have been worried about their lifestyle that he wakes up DAILY,early in the morning to offer sacrices to God for each of his children,asking God to pardon them if they have sinned.It should give you a clue about his children.Again,what right do you have to declare any man innocent before God?
You want to run your own life without submitting to God.Goodluck,you will LOSE big time.The Bible has been attacked for thousands of years but still stands the test of time.The story of Job is true.
God resists the proud and gives grace to the humble.Be humble and be wise and acknowldge that evolution is even losing credibility in the scientific world,even the big-bang theory is a joke.Matter and material has a begining and it must have been caused by an uncaused cause,someone from outside our time and space must have created matter.Simple logic.
God is not a politician,he doesn't need your votes,he reveals himself to whomsoever he wills.And i can guarantee you that God will put down every rebellion,including your arrogance against him unless you repent and accept his Son.

3 Likes

Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by SpiritofOkija(m): 4:17pm On Jul 03, 2012
chuckvyl: Guys listen,
Jesus said you err not knowing the scriptures nor the power of God.For the peeps mocking the Job story,one thing rings through all of your posts:"ARROGANCE AND HUMANISTIC IDEOLOGY".
[b]Jesus said,"Thank you Father for hiding these things from the WISE and PRUDENT of the world and revealing it to BABES.[/b]Even so it pleased you Father".
Paul in Romans said,Considering themselves wise they became fools.
Now listen,How can you charge your Maker with murder?
Do you think GOD is a citizen of any country or a human being that you can charge him with murder?
God has the power to take away life and to give life.He alone has this right because he created all things.God is just.If God decides to destroy the children of Job,then it is Just.The problem you have is that you call them INNOCENT. Who says that they are innocent?What right do you have to declare them innocent? God's justice says "All have sinned and come short of the glory of God",including Job's children.
Innocent from what?Can you tell me? The God of all the earth is a Loving and Just God.He created you,he loves you but he will not pardon an unrepentant soul.The root of unrepentance and defiance against God is pride and arrogance.
I advise folks to always read the bible in its context.Right at the beginning of Job,The bible even gives you a clue that the ways of Job's children might not be upright before God.Job must have been worried about their lifestyle that he wakes up DAILY,early in the morning to offer sacrices to God for each of his children,asking God to pardon them if they have sinned.It should give you a clue about his children.Again,what right do you have to declare any man innocent before God?
You want to run your own life without submitting to God.Goodluck,you will LOSE big time.The Bible has been attacked for thousands of years but still stands the test of time.The story of Job is true.
God resists the proud and gives grace to the humble.Be humble and be wise and acknowldge that evolution is even losing credibility in the scientific world,even the big bang theory is a joke.Matter and material has a begining and it must have been caused by an uncaused cause,someone from outside our time and space must have created matter.Simple logic.
God is not a politician,he doesn't need your votes,he reveals himself to whomsoever he wills.And i can guarantee you that God will put down every rebellion,including your arrogance against him unless you repent and accept his Son.

Meaning the word of God can only be understood by little babies who have an under developed brain hence are easily corruptible..

Nwokem drex go far!!
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by chuckvyl(m): 4:22pm On Jul 03, 2012
Jesus said,Unless you turn and become like a child,you will not inherit the kingdom of God.The word babe has to do with attitude towards God.
Babies are dependent on their parents for everything,likewise God wants you to trust him and follow him like a baby.If you think he is asking too much.
You have the right to say NO.And honestly you are in good compnay.But in the end you will stand before this same God you have denied all your life.
You will lose your soul,try it and see.

1 Like

Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by SpiritofOkija(m): 4:27pm On Jul 03, 2012
chuckvyl: Jesus said,Unless you turn and become like a child,you will not inherit the kingdom of God.The word babe has to do with attitude towards God.
Babies are dependent on their parents for everything,likewise God wants you to trust him and follow him like a baby.If you think he is asking too much.
You have the right to say NO.And honestly you are in good compnay.But in the end you will stand before this same God you have denied all your life.
You will lose your soul,try it and see.

Babies..

Under developed brains

Dependent

Malleable

Needy.

This is what you want me to be to understand God?!

No thank you... Even a baby would agree that his dolly can talk to him/her..
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by chuckvyl(m): 4:29pm On Jul 03, 2012
Spirit of Okija:

Meaning the word of God can only be understood by little babies who have an under developed brain hence are easily corruptible..

Nwokem drex go far!!

Exactly,Jesus said he came to seek and save the lost,to give sight to the blind.And to add to what what you said,to help those with under-developed brain like babies,yes.Since you think yours is developed,goodluck to you.
The foolishness of God is wiser than the wisdom of men.

2 Likes

Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by chuckvyl(m): 4:35pm On Jul 03, 2012
Spirit of Okija:

Babies..

Under developed brains

Dependent

Malleable

Needy.

This is what you want me to be to understand God?!

No thank you... Even a baby would agree that his dolly can talk to him/her..

Exactly,right on point.
Jesus said when you pray,you must realise that God is your FATHER.
"Our father who art in heaven..."
"Give us this day our daily bread..."
Adults don't depend on their parent for daily bread.This suggests a total dpence and trust in God to supply all your needs.
A father-baby relationship.
And you need to be malleable to God's word,so he can break and mould you according to the image of his son.
And you need to be needy as well.he has offered you to come and drink from the fountain of life freely.
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jul 03, 2012
Interesting how you declare someone you believe doesn't exist guilty by calling him a murderer
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by logicboy01: 5:07pm On Jul 03, 2012
Tundeiknow: Interesting how you declare someone you believe doesn't exist guilty by calling him a murderer

Hypothetical situation.

Wow, you religionists can get very foolish at times
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by chuckvyl(m): 5:10pm On Jul 03, 2012
Tundeiknow: Interesting how you declare someone you believe doesn't exist guilty by calling him a murderer

Exactly my point.
It takes a great deal of faith to deny the existence of God.
The problem is not on God's existence.People hate God,in d bible,God appeared before the Jews and they saw his glory and heard his voice but they still rebelled against him and hated him.
If God appears today,it won't change the stand of an atheist,it has nothing to do with empirical science,it's just pure hatred against God.
Unless God reveals himself to your spirit,you can't know him.There are many people in church today who don't know God,not much different from atheists.
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by logicboy01: 5:14pm On Jul 03, 2012
chuckvyl:

Exactly my point.
It takes a great deal of faith to deny the existence of God.
The problem is not on God's existence.People hate God,in d bible,God appeared before the [b]Jews [/b]and they saw his glory and heard his voice but they still rebelled against him and hated him.
If God appears today,it won't change the stand of an atheist,it has nothing to do with empirical science,it's just pure hatred against God.
Unless God reveals himself to your spirit,you can't know him.There are many people in church today who don't know God,not much different from atheists.

Ignorance is a disease. Like a slave, you never question why God/Jesus who is supposed to be for everyone appeared to Jews instead of Asians or West Africans or better yet, everybody in the world at the same time.
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by chuckvyl(m): 5:20pm On Jul 03, 2012
logicboy01:

Ignorance is a disease. Like a slave, you never question why God/Jesus who is supposed to be for everyone appeared to Jews instead of Asians or West Africans or better yet, everybody in the world at the same time.

He appeared to the Jews so that through the Jews salvation will come to everyone.To Isreal in isaiah 40:10 God says "Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me"
It is called Divine planning and you have no right to question God's decisions.
Again,your stance borders on arrogance.How many of your father's decisions can you question?
How many of your wives decisions can you question and you think you can question the decision of someone who created you?
It's called arrogance and maybe ignorance

1 Like

Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by logicboy01: 5:56pm On Jul 03, 2012
chuckvyl:
He appeared to the Jews so that through the Jews salvation will come to everyone.To Isreal in isaiah 40:10 God says "Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me"
It is called Divine planning and you have no right to question God's decisions.
Again,your stance borders on arrogance.How many of your father's decisions can you question?
How many of your wives decisions can you question and you think you can question the decision of someone who created you?
It's called arrogance and maybe ignorance

You're brainwashed to worship the Jewish God. Before christianity came to nigeria, you great grandfathers were worshipping pagan gods until Europeans came and now you're a slave to a Jewish Jesus that says he came for the lost sheep of Isreal. Religion is slavery of the mind.

Kai
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by chuckvyl(m): 6:40pm On Jul 03, 2012
logicboy01:

You're brainwashed to worship the Jewish God. Before christianity came to nigeria, you great grandfathers were worshipping pagan gods until Europeans came and now you're a slave to a Jewish Jesus that says he came for the lost sheep of Isreal. Religion is slavery of the mind.

Kai
Well,i might be talking with a teeneger.i don't know you personally.
But to answer your question.Someone who saves you from sin and gives you eternal life and provides for you and delivers you from all temptations and died for you,and he heals your diseases.Slaves are not treated like that.
That's how princes are treated.Jesus came to serve not to be served.i am his servant because he showed me the way by firsy laying down his live.
Greater Love hath no man than this,that a man should lay down his life for his freinds.You are confused about Jesus,it's clear you don't know much about his mission.But you have not escaped his love yet.
One day you might be his servant too.Yes the God of Isreal is my God,it doesn't make me inferior.just like the modern world's educational system that has been modelled after Greek philosophy and the governments modelled after the Roman system does not make the rest of the world slaves of Rome and Greece.Even the Calenders January to december are Roman calenders.We must be horrible slaves of Rome ain't we?

1 Like

Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by FXKing2012(m): 7:17pm On Jul 03, 2012
doublecross: since you are saying that...then i have every reason to believe you are not good in calculations. take it this way......lets take the existence of heaven and hell to be a probability. if heaven exists and you dont believe, then your enjoyment on earth has been a waste of time as you will forever suffer in hell. but if heaven does not exist and you believe,then your righteousness on earth has also been a waste as a dead man is a dead man.

Absolute rubbish; so meaningless.
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by logicboy01: 7:42pm On Jul 03, 2012
chuckvyl:
Well,i might be talking with a teeneger.i don't know you personally.
But to answer your question.Someone who saves you from sin and gives you eternal life and provides for you and delivers you from all temptations and died for you,and he heals your diseases.Slaves are not treated like that.
That's how princes are treated.Jesus came to serve not to be served.i am his servant because he showed me the way by firsy laying down his live.
Greater Love hath no man than this,that a man should lay down his life for his freinds.You are confused about Jesus,it's clear you don't know much about his mission.But you have not escaped his love yet.
One day you might be his servant too.Yes the God of Isreal is my God,it doesn't make me inferior.just like the modern world's educational system that has been modelled after Greek philosophy and the governments modelled after the Roman system does not make the rest of the world slaves of Rome and Greece.Even the Calenders January to december are Roman calenders.We must be horrible slaves of Rome ain't we?

Lol.....how did christianity come to Nigeria? Is it not through slaver and colonization? Your ancestors were pagans.
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by Obijulius: 7:46pm On Jul 03, 2012
Almost 8hrs later and I'm yet to get any sound response from our wanna-be atheists on the challenge I raised. Permit me, therefore, to characterize you as baby-atheists and if you ever mature, philosophical atheists. For now you may continue to toy with ur crude (and embarrassingly unreasonable) social and historical arguments.

I have painstakingly read through all your arguments for your supposed convictions, and I pity you for your logic. Is this what it takes to be an atheist? And I thought it was something to be proud of, a class thing, a status thing, probably even a glorious thing.

At best you should consider yourselves NON-RELIGIOUS. However, and if you want to funkify your new title u may go further to say you are a skeptic, nontheist, freethinker, or
nonbeliever.

Pride remains the key factor though. And you will never be able to explain
Why humans die-even though the cells are able to continue recreating themselves in old age,
Why space seems to have no bounds,
What caused the BIG BANG (ever heard of that?),
Why the UNIVERSE is the ONLY known PERPETUAL MOTION MACHINE of the FIRST ORDER (google pls ...).

And if we can have just one sensible answer to any of these questions we may begin to take u guys seriously, otherwise get a life!!!

1 Like

Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by logicboy01: 7:59pm On Jul 03, 2012
Obijulius: Almost 8hrs later and I'm yet to get any sound response from our wanna-be atheists on the challenge I raised. Permit me, therefore, to characterize you as baby-atheists and if you ever mature, philosophical atheists. For now you may continue to toy with ur crude (and embarrassingly unreasonable) social and historical arguments.

I have painstakingly read through all your arguments for your supposed convictions, and I pity you for your logic. Is this what it takes to be an atheist? And I thought it was something to be proud of, a class thing, a status thing, probably even a glorious thing.

At best you should consider yourselves NON-RELIGIOUS. However, and if you want to funkify your new title u may go further to say you are a skeptic, nontheist, freethinker, or
nonbeliever.

Pride remains the key factor though. And you will never be able to explain
Why humans die-even though the cells are able to continue recreating themselves in old age,
Why space seems to have no bounds,
What caused the BIG BANG (ever heard of that?),
Why the UNIVERSE is the ONLY known PERPETUAL MOTION MACHINE of the FIRST ORDER (google pls ...).

And if we can have just one sensible answer to any of these questions we may begin to take u guys seriously, otherwise get a life!!!

You expose yourself as an arrogant doofus with your comment.

An atheist is an atheist because of a disbelief in God. Atheists do not have to be philosopical or scientists before being atheists.

No one knows exactly what happens after death. However. christians would want us to believe that the bible (written by bushmen in the middle east) has the answer.

Tpo your other questions; THEY ARE FLIPING IRRELEVANT. The thread is about Job
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by dasparrow: 8:01pm On Jul 03, 2012
logicboy01: Many people always tell me about the story of Job to strengthen my faith but I think it is a wrong story for faith.

Story of Job
-Job is a wealthy man with a family
-Satan sees this and wants God to test his faith
-God allows Satan to destroy Jobs family
-Job is also given disease
-Job remains faithful despite suffering
-The devil is angry and God is pleased.

Any non-christian that is not blinded by faith can see the obvious problems in this story

1) Satan tempts God. God agrees. This is contrary to what Jesus told Satan in the wilderness. Contradiction

2) God/Satan murders a man's family (children) just to test his faith. For all the christians who agree with this, may the same thing happen to you. "do unto others...". How can this be? Taking innocent lives just because you want to test someone's faith. How would you like it if your children were just killed because someone wants to test your faith?

3) God replaces Job's wealth and family at the end. This is what is wrong with the bible. It sees women and children as properties you can replace. Can someone replace your mother? Can someone else take the place of your children? God allows Satan to murder Job's children and later "blesses" him with other children. Can someone shout allelujah? God is here with replacement children.

4) Biological warfare. Job's case is one of the many cases the Almighty uses disease to inflict suffering on others. When a militant religious group uses disease to kill others, do not be surprised....oh wait

God allowed satan to test Job. Why are you (an obvious satan worshipper)quick to blame God Almighty yet you are not angry at satan who metted out so much pain on Job? God gave satan the permission to test Job but never told satan to inflict sickness on Job or kill his whole family. That was satan's wicked initiative/idea and not Jehovah God's. In fact, if God had allowed it, satan would have killed Job too.

Please leave Almighty Jehovah God alone. God ended up blessing Job beyond measure including with children and he allowed Job to live long to see his future descendants upto the 4th generation I believe and Job's daughters were the most beautiful in all the land. Now tell me what compensation satan gave Job after all the wickedness and pain he satan put Job through? and then you still have the nerve to call Daddy Jehovah 'wicked'? If He was wicked, people like you would have been long dead, buried and food for the maggots going by the way you speak so disrespectfully about Almighty Jehovah God. You think our Almighty Jehovah God is your Jonathan Goodluck who feeds on 3 million naira a day while 80% of his citizens languish in abject poverty? Mtshew!

1 Like

Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by true2god: 8:04pm On Jul 03, 2012
logicboy01:

Of course there is a probability; 0.00000000000000000000000000000001 * 10-infinity
Guy be consistent in ur argument. U r just swinging like a pendulum, dnt really knw ur stand on dis issue. U always unconciously disprove ur argument.
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by Obijulius: 8:17pm On Jul 03, 2012
logicboy01:

You expose yourself as an arrogant doofus with your comment.

An atheist is an atheist because of a disbelief in God. Atheists do not have to be philosopical or scientists before being atheists.

No one knows exactly what happens after death. However. christians would want us to believe that the bible (written by bushmen in the middle east) has the answer.

Tpo your other questions; THEY ARE FLIPING IRRELEVANT. The thread is about Job

Look before you leap my dear NON-RELIGIOUS guy (not atheist). I asked why we die and NOT what happens after death.
My questions are not irrelevant to the topic, you just don't have anything sane to say.

And drop the insulting words...u r not good @ using them.

If u can't answer my questions do some research. There's always something new out there.

1 Like

Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by jcross19: 8:34pm On Jul 03, 2012
logicboy01:

logicboy,discovery can only start from somewhere.so, not even the jews that discovered God but. They were tribe that close to the discovery of the existent of supreme creator , so that was jesus came through the tribe since they have the knowledge of God existent.so logic boy discovery start from somewhere like how civilization started from some where too before it get to all over the place . The truth is that some of the bible story is mere fiction that lack some authenticity okay ask any christian what it's meaning of job and jacob they will tell you that job means suffering and the bible told us that job was rich before the predicament then how did his parent knew that he will suffer in future,then look at jacob means fraud now look at story of jacob and esau how he defrauded his brother then how did isaac knows that one of the twin will defraud other and gave one such name huh so what I see is that some stories in bible has some flaws because the name of the subject match the the content of the stories which is wrong.to me is like tortoise story still there is God and jesus I have visited some tourism sites which can't even be explain by science that makes me believe there is God. Am christian but a brainwashed one. I believe not everything in bible is real some are just make up.just know There is ALMIGHTY GOD.
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by jimjones: 9:29pm On Jul 03, 2012
musKeeto: Job 1:6-7
" Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them. 1:7 And the LORD said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it. "

Funny isn't it?
Was the Lord here GOD or JESUS?
And Satan joined the party?

At some point, one just has to wonder if CHRISTIANS would believe these stories if they weren't in the Bible..

lol...this same lord in all his omniscience, nor sabi from whence comest satan. the guy is na foks up, abeg.
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by Onliie(m): 9:43pm On Jul 03, 2012
logicboy01:

do you need Jobs story to be hopeful? There are numerous stories outside the bible that tell of people surviving cancer through sports. You, dont realise that the bible is not a perfect book.

The bible was tested in fire 7 times
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by Onliie(m): 9:48pm On Jul 03, 2012
logicboy01:

Sharaap.

As an atheist, of course the story of Job is not true. I am just saying how wicked God would be if he existed and the story was true

You saying there is no God is like the computer saying "there is no man, I evolved from abacus"
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by logicboy01: 9:48pm On Jul 03, 2012
dasparrow:

God allowed satan to test Job. Why are you (an obvious satan worshipper)quick to blame God Almighty yet you are not angry at satan who metted out so much pain on Job? God gave satan the permission to test Job but never told satan to inflict sickness on Job or kill his whole family. That was satan's wicked initiative/idea and not Jehovah God's. In fact, if God had allowed it, satan would have killed Job too.

Please leave Almighty Jehovah God alone. God ended up blessing Job beyond measure including with children and he allowed Job to live long to see his future descendants upto the 4th generation I believe and Job's daughters were the most beautiful in all the land. Now tell me what compensation satan gave Job after all the wickedness and pain he satan put Job through? and then you still have the nerve to call Daddy Jehovah 'wicked'? If He was wicked, people like you would have been long dead, buried and food for the maggots going by the way you speak so disrespectfully about Almighty Jehovah God. You think our Almighty Jehovah God is your Jonathan Goodluck who feeds on 3 million naira a day while 80% of his citizens languish in abject poverty? Mtshew!

Dont be foolish .

God gave the permission. End of Story. God is responisble for the murder of Job's family. No permission, no murder.

You also sheepishly mention that God gave Job new children. Can anybody replace you family? Are children now properties like cars that can be replaced? What if it is your family that was taken, would a new family be enough to replace them?
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by logicboy01: 9:50pm On Jul 03, 2012
Onliie:

You saying there is no God is like the computer saying "there is no man, I evolved from abacus"

The most foolish analogy ever made.

There is no evidence for God and has never been.
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by logicboy01: 9:52pm On Jul 03, 2012
Onliie:

The bible was tested in fire 7 times

What kind of stupidity is this?

The bible burns like any other paper;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tu0ylERBcYs
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by logicboy01: 9:54pm On Jul 03, 2012
jcross19: logicboy,discovery can only start from somewhere.so, not even the jews that discovered God but. They were tribe that close to the discovery of the existent of supreme creator , so that was jesus came through the tribe since they have the knowledge of God existent.so logic boy discovery start from somewhere like how civilization started from some where too before it get to all over the place . The truth is that some of the bible story is mere fiction that lack some authenticity okay ask any christian what it's meaning of job and jacob they will tell you that job means suffering and the bible told us that job was rich before the predicament then how did his parent knew that he will suffer in future,then look at jacob means fraud now look at story of jacob and esau how he defrauded his brother then how did isaac knows that one of the twin will defraud other and gave one such name huh so what I see is that some stories in bible has some flaws because the name of the subject match the the content of the stories which is wrong.to me is like tortoise story still there is God and jesus I have visited some tourism sites which can't even be explain by science that makes me believe there is God. Am christian but a brainwashed one. I believe not everything in bible is real some are just make up.just know There is ALMIGHTY GOD.

There is no God. Not one evidence for god.

Judaism was not even the first religion, so stop spouting ignorant BS
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by Delafruita(m): 10:01pm On Jul 03, 2012
FXKing2012:

The Bible says anyone who removes or adds to the Bible will have his name removed from the Book of Life. So why wld I wanna add to the Bible. You dont know the Bible and I cant be debating the contents of the Holy Book with u.
I pray ur eyes open someday.
as in seriously,the Bible says anyone who adds or subtracts will bla bla bla?do you mean the same Bible Constantine has assembled?or probably i didnt receive the memo on the arrival of one like manna from Heaven
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by Onliie(m): 10:04pm On Jul 03, 2012
logicboy01:

Yes and you can see the four corners of the earth from a high point, according to the bible.

The more you defend the bible the deeper you dig yourself into an illogical abyss

Isaiah 40 vs 22: It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in.
logicboy01:

Yes and you can see the four corners of the earth from a high point, according to the bible.

The more you defend the bible the deeper you dig yourself into an illogical abyss

Isaiah 40 vs 22: It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in.
logicboy01:

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Another Gospel Singer Uncovered As An Illuminati Member / We Won't Resign, Pastor Iluyomade, Wife Tell Pastor Adeboye / Why Infant Baptism Should Stop!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.