Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,270 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:12 AM

The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness (15291 Views)

An Example Of How Science Trails Far Behind The Bible / Charles Finney: An Example Of A Prayer Man / A Fine Example Of Religious Tolerance - *SARCASM* (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by Nobody: 11:20am On Jul 03, 2012
Do u believe in magnetic field?have u ever seen d field?no.and u believe.ok.do u believe other planets exist.yes u do 'cos scientists say so.science cannot explain everything and often fails in its prediction.also,u must know d creator before u can know who created d creator.take it or leave there is supernatural forces,good or bad.
musKeeto:
By that logic, what/who created the creator? Is he from this 'logic'?
What if there's a force not a creator?

REALLY? So why do you believe man was created from SAND?
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by Nobody: 11:26am On Jul 03, 2012
Interesting how you atheist are conversant with the Bible stories to the extent of knowing the the chapter and verse a particular passage is written. I see no reason why i painstakingly read a book cover to cover just to criticise the book and everything associated with it. I believe the only reason why you spend/waste your time/life doing this that somewhere within you, you want to believe it but you come up with excuses why you don't want to. You can't understand something/someone if your intention is criticism; you'll always be blinded by your motives. I'm sure if there is a tremour, the first thing you'll say is Jesus. Believing in him or not doesn't in anyway reduce who he is and if i argue with you or not he's more than able to defend himself. GIVE YOUR LIFE TO CHRIST IF YOU HAVEN'T FOR HE LOVES YOU DEARLY

1 Like

Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by maclatunji: 11:28am On Jul 03, 2012
emöfine2: maclatunji...oh please be so generous as to share your vast knowledge to expand my “simplistic mode of thinking” tongue

Four corners of the earth is a reference to the 4 compass points. That passage is not suggesting the earth is angular.

@bolded, it won't be here.
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by Nobody: 11:28am On Jul 03, 2012
Account of Job shows there a lot of things happening is spiritual realm that we may never know.we are just previledge to know abt it.@dekung,can u protect ur beautiful children,if God is wicked he could have struck ur children so that foolish person like u could learn.
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by logicboy01: 11:31am On Jul 03, 2012
maclatunji:

@bolded, it won't be here.

Tell me, how does your own medicine taste?
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by buzugee(m): 11:32am On Jul 03, 2012
dang, too many belligerent heathens in this thread *disinfects myself*

dekung:
The very reason why I do not think you are sane enough to be engaged in meaningful argument. Just one dissenting view and you resort to allthese? Men you are pathetic. Have fun in your willful delusion and delibrate miscarriage of truth. Honestly I cant stop laughing...... you sound so deranged..... is this what religious delusion is all about.... no wonder several people here are running away from it...... guy you are deluded and definitely in.sane rotfl....lwkmd.....
listen here king kong, gorilla , de kong, or whatever your name is, what kinda name is that anyhow ? what are ya chinese ? i bet you done ate all the dogs in your neighborhood huh ? dog fra rice. anyway when the men of the lord are dropping jewels learn to hold your peace. this aint your living room. next time you buck up against knowledge i will come down on you so hard they will need a scraper to scrape you off the ground. angry
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by logicboy01: 11:33am On Jul 03, 2012
Tundeiknow: Interesting how you atheist are conversant with the Bible stories to the extent of knowing the the chapter and verse a particular passage is written. I see no reason why i painstakingly read a book cover to cover just to criticise the book and everything associated with it. I believe the only reason why you spend/waste your time/life doing this that somewhere within you, you want to believe it but you come up with excuses why you don't want to. You can't understand something/someone if your intention is criticism; you'll always be blinded by your motives. I'm sure if there is a tremour, the first thing you'll say is Jesus. Believing in him or not doesn't in anyway reduce who he is and if i argue with you or not he's more than able to defend himself. GIVE YOUR LIFE TO CHRIST IF YOU HAVEN'T FOR HE LOVES YOU DEARLY

Lol...from your comment, I can see that you haven read the bible. You only read the sweet parts that your pastor tells you to read in church.

Sheep!
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by SpiritofOkija(m): 11:38am On Jul 03, 2012
shine-eye:
Spirit of okija, it is never a fault to have doubts or to sincerely seek answers for deep seated questions. However, when such questions merely serve to ridicule someone based on personal presumption,there is an error. It is even worse error when the subject of such ridicule is God, which the human mind cannot sensibly wish away as non existent. Even the atheist has unanswered questions about his belief. Common sense dictates therefore that when there is still any iota of doubt, our propositions should be premised on humble submissions and not arrogant assertions. Fear God. Seek for answers with a humble mind.Dont let your questions destroy you. I know that answers are available to true seekers.

Nwokem.. There is no such thing as 'TRUE SEEKERS"..

The same bible you read is the same one I read, is the same one the next man reads and its the same one your pastor preaches from..

My commantary was not laced with arrogance but simple logical facts as contained in the bible.. I did take the pains of putting the passages there for us al to see.. If you feel that you have sought out the truth thats different from mine, feel free to share with us..

Afterall, the bible said Iron sharpeneth iron..

Tundeiknow: Interesting how you atheist are conversant with the Bible stories to the extent of knowing the the chapter and verse a particular passage is written. I see no reason why i painstakingly read a book cover to cover just to criticise the book and everything associated with it. I believe the only reason why you spend/waste your time/life doing this that somewhere within you, you want to believe it but you come up with excuses why you don't want to. You can't understand something/someone if your intention is criticism; you'll always be blinded by your motives. I'm sure if there is a tremour, the first thing you'll say is Jesus. Believing in him or not doesn't in anyway reduce who he is and if i argue with you or not he's more than able to defend himself. GIVE YOUR LIFE TO CHRIST IF YOU HAVEN'T FOR HE LOVES YOU DEARLY

Nwokem, most Atheist and Agnostics were once Christians, Muslims and co.. Infact, most of us were even more dedicated than many of you. Like myself who has a degree from a pastorial school, was raised in a VERY xtain home and even seriously preached the gospel in my younger days..

So I dont know how you expect Atheists to be ignorant of the bibles just because they started questioning their previous beliefs
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by shineeye1: 11:38am On Jul 03, 2012
I enjoin logicboy and other atheists to embrace the joyful hope which the bible points to. Great minds have fought against the book over the ages but they prevailed nothing. The attack against the book can serve no good purpose. The book did not claim perfection(being conveyed by imperfect men) but it nonetheless contains the perfect message of God to mankind. Concentrate on the kernel of the book. The book points to a coming age of earthly perfection.This world and it's systems are passing away due to their shortfalls. The perfect scheme of things is being fashioned. Concentrate on the joy to be revealed. Believe the good news. Dont labor on that which has been discarded. Except of course you are of the enemy of God.
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by emofine2(f): 11:39am On Jul 03, 2012
logicboy01:

See this apologist.

The compass points are not corners. They are directions.

see your mouth...

apologist? on the contrary I was merely acknowledging archaic literature

abi na fight?
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by SpiritofOkija(m): 11:42am On Jul 03, 2012
shine-eye:
I enjoin logicboy and other atheists to embrace the joyful hope which the bible points to. Great minds have fought against the book over the ages but they prevailed nothing. The attack against the book can serve no good purpose. The book did not claim perfection(being conveyed by imperfect men) but it nonetheless contains the perfect message of God to mankind. Concentrate on the kernel of the book. The book points to a coming age of earthly perfection.This world and it's systems are passing away due to their shortfalls. The perfect scheme of things is being fashioned. Concentrate on the joy to be revealed. Believe the good news. Dont labor on that which has been discarded. Except of course you are of the enemy of God.

Great minds failed in the past because they were either hunted and killed or considered heretics..

Welcome to the age of Enlightenment.. Religion is a fast dying phenomenon
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by logicboy01: 11:51am On Jul 03, 2012
shine-eye:

You realise that the bible and christianity are dying in developed countries?
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by logicboy01: 11:52am On Jul 03, 2012
emöfine2:

see your mouth...

apologist? on the contrary I was merely acknowledging archaic literature

abi na fight?

You were spouting apologist rhetoric. I dislike apologists, they lie to make their point.

You are no a christian aplogist but you were acting like one. I had to give a smakcdown for that. SorrY!
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by Nobody: 11:54am On Jul 03, 2012
logicboy01:

Lol...from your comment, I can see that you haven read the bible. You only read the sweet parts that your pastor tells you to read in church.

Sheep!
whatever, i've got better things doing than exchanging words with you
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by logicboy01: 11:55am On Jul 03, 2012
Tundeiknow: whatever, i've got better things doing than exchanging words with you

Like what? Condemning atheists to hell?

Isnt that your hobby grin grin grin grin
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by maclatunji: 11:59am On Jul 03, 2012
logicboy01:

Tell me, how does your own medicine taste?

LOL, my own medicine? First, I don't intend to enter a never-ending argument with you on this thread. Secondly, your screaming here like a raving-lunatic wannabe is not the same as me moderating my section. Then again, I am increasingly convinced that you have the mind of a 16-year old even if you are much older.

What think you of these?
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by shineeye1: 12:00pm On Jul 03, 2012
Great minds failed in the past because they were either hunted and killed or considered heretics..

Welcome to the age of Enlightenment.. Religion is a fast dying phenomenon

You lie OKIJA. You lie. Those misguided minds were the hunters and killer of those who kept the book.You want to rewrite true history? If religion is the fellowship with God,i assure you that it is not dying. It is waxing stronger! Welcome to the good news!
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jul 03, 2012
logicboy01:

Like what? Condemning atheists to hell?

Isnt that your hobby grin grin grin grin
i haven't condemned anybody from my comments so far, unless if you feel condemned when i say "you've got to give your life to Christ" which is true

1 Like

Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jul 03, 2012
[quote author=Spirit of Okija]The story of Job...

God gambled with the life of a man who did nothing wrong other than serve him..

Points to note from that story;

1. God and Satan are best friends; This is evidenced in;

Job 1: 6 & 7 One day the angels[a] came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan[b] also came with them. 7 The Lord said to Satan, “Where have you come from?”

Satan answered the Lord, “From roaming throughout the earth, going back and forth on it.”[/b]

2. God placed the bet not Satan.. As evidenced in;

Job 1: 8 Then the Lord said to Satan, “Have you considered my servant Job? There is no one on earth like him; he is blameless and upright, a man who fears God and shuns evil.”

3. Satan tempted God and he succumbed.. As evidenced in;

Job 1: 9-12“Does Job fear God for nothing?” Satan replied. 10 “Have you not put a hedge around him and his household and everything he has? You have blessed the work of his hands, so that his flocks and herds are spread throughout the land. 11 But now stretch out your hand and strike everything he has, and he will surely curse you to your face.”

12 The Lord said to Satan, “Very well, then, everything he has is in your power, but on the man himself do not lay a finger.”

4. God also partook in the destruction of Jobs life not just the Devil (Satan) as evidenced in;

Job 1: 16 While he was still speaking, another messenger came and said, The fire of God fell from the heavens and burned up the sheep and the servants, and I am the only one who has escaped to tell you!”

NOTE After winning the first round of bets with the Devil in Chapter 1.. Chapter 2 and the Devil visits his buddy God again and again, God couldnt help himself but bet on his 'Priced Stallion' Job again.. But this time, the stakes were raised.. Lives are involved..

5.. Like in Chapter 1, God and Satans
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by logicboy01: 12:09pm On Jul 03, 2012
maclatunji:

LOL, my own medicine? First, I don't intend to enter a never-ending argument with you on this thread. Secondly, your screaming here like a raving-lunatic wannabe is not the same as me moderating my section. Then again, I am increasingly convinced that you have the mind of a 16-year old even if you are much older.

What think you of these?

If my comment was really irrelevant, you would have ignored it instead of giving this odd reply. #butthurt

You are not just "moderating" your section. You run it like a crazy tyrant. A dictator.

And for the final smackdown;

[size=18pt]
You are here commenting on a thread called "AN EXAMPLE OF GOD'S WICKLEDNESS" when you will never accept and will ban a thread titled "AN EXAMPLE OF ALLAH'S WICKEDNESS" in the muslim section. Maclatunji, you're a hypocrite[/size]

2 Likes

Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by maclatunji: 12:25pm On Jul 03, 2012
logicboy01:

If my comment was really irrelevant, you would have ignored it instead of giving this odd reply. #butthurt

You are not just "moderating" your section. You run it like a crazy tyrant. A dictator.

And for the final smackdown;

[size=18pt]
You are here commenting on a thread called "AN EXAMPLE OF GOD'S WICKLEDNESS" when you will never accept and will ban a thread titled "AN EXAMPLE OF ALLAH'S WICKEDNESS" in the muslim section. Maclatunji, you're a hypocrite[/size]

LOL, every section has its moderators and every moderator has their style. Like this thread will end-up with you convincing people of your ideas and beliefs or vice versa. tongue
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by kcsider: 12:40pm On Jul 03, 2012
[quote author=logicboy01]

You realise that the bible and christianity are dying in developed countries?

I realise that madness has many forms grin There are types of madness not yet discovered! Unfortunately you are mad and your type of madness is just evolving
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by logicboy01: 12:42pm On Jul 03, 2012
maclatunji:

LOL, every section has its moderators and every moderator has their style. Like this thread will end-up with you convincing people of your ideas and beliefs or vice versa. tongue

There is already a christian here questioning his belief. grin

Atheist will always win on the internet grin

So, you agree that your style is the dictatorial style of moderating?

grin grin grin grin grin

Maclatunji, grow up
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by maclatunji: 12:52pm On Jul 03, 2012
logicboy01:

There is already a christian here questioning his belief. grin

Atheist will always win on the internet grin

So, you agree that your style is the dictatorial style of moderating?

grin grin grin grin grin

Maclatunji, grow up

@bolded, I admit to being a proponent of The Ruthlessly Efficient Style of Moderating. Only trolls, derailers, insensitive and vulgar people will have a problem with that. tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue Atheists or self-deceiving people?
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by compu(m): 12:53pm On Jul 03, 2012
mr. Atheist.....never question God, because he is creator of evrything, even you.. who gave job Life?...is not God?,....who gave Job children, is not God?....who gave Job wealth...is not God?. so everything we are and have, all belongs to God.
Remember, a thousand years is like a a day before God.

Am very sure, job's family that died are good christians. Definitely, they will join God in heaven and reign with him.

Note that for every word and action of God...there is a purpose, he who can gave up his only begotten son that we might have life abundantly, both on earth and in heaven.John 3:16 He knows evrything.

1 Like

Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jul 03, 2012
Please you all should read this...

It is written:

God gave the devil power to roam the earth and control everything in it. This is why the devil can give and take worldly possessions such as riches, and he even uses it to tempt people and buy their souls(illuminati). He also tried to tempt Jesus in the wilderness by saying if Jesus shud bow down to him, he would give Jesus everything in the world. But Jesus rebuked him.

So this explains why the devil can take all of Job's possession from him.

As for the children, God has given man children as a gift. Children has often times been referred to in the bible as God's own and are gifts of God to man. So therefore, he has the right to take them when ever he chooses to.

Thirdly, the devil did not tempt God.. If u read from the beginning, it was God that spoke to the devil first, bragging that Job is faithful to him and nothing the devil can do will turn him away from God. Scknesses and diseases are also things of the world, this is why God allowed the devil inflict Job wth several diseases.

Fourthly, This story was so unusual of God that it had to be recorded in the bible for people to read over and over again till the world comes to an end. This means that God does not do this often, as a matter of fact, I believe he hasn't done that before and will not do it again. That is why it was recorded in the bible this once to prove a point and to serve as an example and a point of reference to many christians going thru various troubles.

I hope this has helped you all.
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by logicboy01: 1:12pm On Jul 03, 2012
maclatunji:

@bolded, I admit to being a proponent of The Ruthlessly Efficient Style of Moderating. Only trolls, derailers, insensitive and vulgar people will have a problem with that. tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue Atheists or self-deceiving people?

I wouldnt care if you were strict and you follow a particular guideline. You give no sound guideline and just ban. If you want to ban trolls, you define trolling. You want to ban derialers, define derailing. Dont just ban someone because you feel offended when the person clearly says things inopposition to islam.

I love living by effective rules but not rules made up on the go. Have a guideline and no one (even me) would complain.
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by logicboy01: 1:13pm On Jul 03, 2012
compu: mr. Atheist.....never question God, because he is creator of evrything, even you.. who gave job Life?...is not God?,....who gave Job children, is not God?....who gave Job wealth...is not God?. so everything we are and have, all belongs to God.
Remember, a thousand years is like a a day before God.

Am very sure, job's family that died are good christians. Definitely, they will join God in heaven and reign with him.

Note that for every word and action of God...there is a purpose, he who can gave up his only begotten son that we might have life abundantly, both on earth and in heaven.John 3:16 He knows evrything.

The same argument can be made against you. You can not question God; God should give you and your family diseases and your children should be slaves of men. God wills it since he created you!
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by logicboy01: 1:18pm On Jul 03, 2012
teminoni: Please you all should read this...

It is written:

God gave the devil power to roam the earth and control everything in it. This is why the devil can give and take worldly possessions such as riches, and he even uses it to tempt people and buy their souls(illuminati). He also tried to tempt Jesus in the wilderness by saying if Jesus shud bow down to him, he would give Jesus everything in the world. But Jesus rebuked him.

So this explains why the devil can take all of Job's possession from him.

As for the children, God has given man children as a gift. Children has often times been referred to in the bible as God's own and are gifts of God to man. So therefore, he has the right to take them when ever he chooses to.

Thirdly, the devil did not tempt God.. If u read from the beginning, it was God that spoke to the devil first, bragging that Job is faithful to him and nothing the devil can do will turn him away from God. Scknesses and diseases are also things of the world, this is why God allowed the devil inflict Job wth several diseases.

Fourthly, This story was so unusual of God that it had to be recorded in the bible for people to read over and over again till the world comes to an end. This means that God does not do this often, as a matter of fact, I believe he hasn't done that before and will not do it again. That is why it was recorded in the bible this once to prove a point and to serve as an example and a point of reference to many christians going thru various troubles.

I hope this has helped you all.

You call yourself moral, yet you defend the murder of Job's family. Why should that be okay with you? The devil tempted God and God agreed.

[size=18pt]4 “Skin for skin!” Satan replied. “A man will give all he has for his own life. 5 But now stretch out your hand and strike his flesh and bones, and he will surely curse you to your face.”[/size]
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by UyiIredia(m): 2:31pm On Jul 03, 2012
One one hand we have the atheists asking for God's omnipotence and we see a bit of it in Job's story and what does God get . . . an atheist's blame game. I think logicboy really needs to read the reply given to Job by God. It all amounts to the simple fact that He couldn't be God if His will can't be sovereign.
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by doublecross(m): 2:33pm On Jul 03, 2012
i dont think you are write because the bible made me to understand that Job was a very righteous man and that was why God had satan test him. God knew Job will never fall for any temptation. so why say he wasnt righteous?
buzugee: oN A MORE SERIOUS NOTE THOUGH. The story of job is a narrative allegorical story. notwithstanding it takes a brilliant mind to break down the story of job. scripture says the lord is not mocked and whatever a man sows shall he reap. ( GALATIANS 6 VS 7 ). so when you break down the story you come to find out job is not as righteous as portrayed. here are two excerpts for your perusal

JOB 4 VS 7 - REMEMBER I PRAY THEE, WHOEVER PERISHED BEING INNOCENT ? OR WHERE WERE THE RIGHTEOUS CUT OFF ? so with that verse you can see only the unrighteous go through what job went through. proving job wasnt as righteous. this verse is in the same book of job now

job 42 vs 5 and 6 My ears had heard of you
but now my eyes have seen you.
6 Therefore I despise myself
and repent in dust and ashes.”

job repenting for whatever sin it was he was indulged in prior to the calamities that befell him
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by logicboy01: 2:35pm On Jul 03, 2012
Uyi Iredia: One one hand we have the atheists asking for God's omnipotence and we see a bit of it in Job's story and what does God get . . . an atheist's blame game. I think logicboy really needs to read the reply given to Job by God. It all amounts to the simple fact that He couldn't be God if His will can't be sovereign.

Perambulating, beating around the bush and dancing around the issue......

God was tmpted and allowed Job's family to be murdered at the hands of Satan

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Another Gospel Singer Uncovered As An Illuminati Member / We Won't Resign, Pastor Iluyomade, Wife Tell Pastor Adeboye / Cost Of Chalets In Mfm Prayer City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.