Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,831 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:41 PM

The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness (15296 Views)

An Example Of How Science Trails Far Behind The Bible / Charles Finney: An Example Of A Prayer Man / A Fine Example Of Religious Tolerance - *SARCASM* (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by Nobody: 8:55am On Jul 03, 2012
Obijulius: I have never met a true atheist(going by the definition of atheism). What we have are loafers puffed up with pride or some fellows who are so frustrated by the sufferings on earth that the easiest way out is to blame the Maker.
Stupid classification. Everyone's prone to pride even those who believe in God. What does pride have to do with beliefs?
There are a lot of people who were frustrated with sufferings on earth even in the Bible.
Most atheists I have met personally and on this forum seek to find logical solutions to the problems and sufferings on earth. SOME may choose to blame the MAKER, that doesn't make them atheists. In fact, it negates the very definition of atheism.

Obijulius:
Most of u so-called atheists will run to science to fight ur case. And yet science deals with Cause and Effect. Science also realises that more often than not it is practically impossible to explain the Cause.
Run to science? Have you ever driven a car? If it has a fault, do you take it to a church or mechanic?

Obijulius:
Science however, never doubts that there is a cause for every effect, with the limitation that science cannot explain the super Cause using empirical methods. Thus science can study and explain the creation and not the Creator.
Absolutely true. Science explains that which we can see and expands the limits of the human mind. RELIGION provides stories of that WHICH others can't see and limits the human mind.

Obijulius:
The atheist is not a scientist, his belief system is not based on sound reasoning. Rather on pride and a loathsome desire to look different. And yet unconsciously he must live by the rules of the Creator, he must obey the laws of nature (the effect), and he will remain a benefactor of this One, whose existence and power he seeks to rubbish (foolishly).
Neither is the theist a scientist, nor his belief system based on sound reasoning. For if FAITH is sound reasoning, all hope for mankind will be forever lost. Unconsciously, adherents of all religions face that which others face, they only subscribe to different interpretations of the same occurrence.

Obijulius:
Would the atheist believe in God if there was no story of Job? Answer 4 ur selves. For like the Devil, you will keep seeking excuses for ur foolishness.
And would the Christian believe the story of Job if it wasn't in the Bible. For like other religions, you believe what you read in a book written long ago by men.

Obijulius:
If any of u can explain CREATION in atheist terms (reasonably and without junkering about), I myself would become an atheist, I want to stand out too. ℓ☺ℓ
I solved a mathematical problem recently and got the answer as 2. If you can tell me what problem I solved, I'd happily explain CREATION in my own terms..

4 Likes

Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by joe4christ(m): 8:58am On Jul 03, 2012
druid06:

I can't really say what chapters has been lost but recently, a herder in one of this eastern nation close to Israel found some missing scrolls of the bible but they're still running their experiments to make sure it's authentic. My point is that we're moving away from the topic in general. The bible has been translated from it's original language which was Aramaic to the numerous English ones available. Do you know how many messages and meaning that might have been lost. Also, talking about volume, the Bible is to small to give every account of Job's life. There might be some missing points which the translators at that time did not think were neccessary. Do you how how large the Bible would have been if they gave every account of Job. Job might have done something wrong for him to be tested. I am not sure. HIS ways are not my ways so let's not take chapters and verses from the Bible and twist them to make them contradictory and deceiving.

And you think such a God that says he honours his word more than his very name and that heaven and earth will surely pass away but not a tiny part of his word will ever pass away, such a God as this will just sit back and watch his word contaminated?
Think again bro, if the bible which is the word of the creator of the universe himself is inperfect then there is no basis for it to vindicate or judge anyone cause it's inperfect, but that is not true, Jesus is the very word of God and the very spirit which inspired the prophets and men of God who wrote the bible, God is perfect and his word cannot be otherwise, if you truly know more or even little about biblical history you would have known the numerous number of attempt by the roman catholics and other religion and world leaders who have done everything possible to destroy the word of God (BIBLE) for centuries without success.
The word of God stands firm forever!

1 Like

Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by FXKing2012(m): 9:05am On Jul 03, 2012
I have two things for the so called atheists: 1) If there is an effect then there must be a cause (Cause and Effect). So if there is a creation then there must be a creator.
2) No living thing can come from an inanimate object. So Big.Bang theory can never explain the existence of life. There MUST be a higher being that gave life to the first set of living things. This is simple logic!

1 Like

Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by Nobody: 9:08am On Jul 03, 2012
FXKing2012: I have two things for the so called atheists: 1) If there is an effect then there must be a cause (Cause and Effect). So if there is a creation then there must be a creator.
2) No living thing can come from an inanimate object. So Big.Bang theory can never explain the existence of life. There MUST be a higher being that gave life to the first set of living things. This is simple logic!
By that logic, what/who created the creator? Is he from this 'logic'?
What if there's a force not a creator?

REALLY? So why do you believe man was created from SAND?
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by katunj: 9:10am On Jul 03, 2012
dekung: First off, that story, like most other stories in the bible including that of Moses, David and solomon, never happened. However, if the even actually took place like it was described then I dont think I want to serve an egotistical God who will use me to boast before his opponent only for him to allow his opponent to destroy all that I have worked including my children. Even if I have 200 other children does it relplace the relationsip that existed between me and one who were collaterally damaged by God?
I have two beautiful children now and I cannot trade their lives for anything even for the promise of more beautiful children.
mind you, you neva worked for anything. God gave u what u have including ur children so he the almighty can take them in 1 second if he so wishes.
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by Nobody: 9:23am On Jul 03, 2012
katunj: mind you, you neva worked for anything. God gave u what u have including ur children so he the almighty can take them in 1 second if he so wishes.
And there we have it... an arrogant God that created man for his amusement...
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by raynold17(m): 9:28am On Jul 03, 2012
I can't really wait for this world to end lets no who is ryt or wrong. for all the Muslims here talking rubbish there are more than 100 flaws in the quaran. the only reasons people tend to criticise God is either they have suffered alot and feel the only way out is to blame God for there hardship or the Bible don't seem to go the way they want it homosexuals ,lesbianism, etc they don't believe in God anymore cos it is clearly written in all religion's book that it is strictly forbidden. no one here knows what jobs did cos we weren't born then, and as someone said here u can't write the whole story of a mans life in one book not possible.
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by FemiOja: 9:43am On Jul 03, 2012
dekung: First off, that story, like most other stories in the bible including that of Moses, David and solomon, never happened. However, if the even actually took place like it was described then I dont think I want to serve an egotistical God who will use me to boast before his opponent only for him to allow his opponent to destroy all that I have worked including my children. Even if I have 200 other children does it relplace the relationsip that existed between me and one who were collaterally damaged by God?
I have two beautiful children now and I cannot trade their lives for anything even for the promise of more beautiful children.

First of all, You have to understand the personility of this GOD. He is the ALMIGHTY, RULER and SOVEREIGN God. He rules over everything. He created everything seen and unseen all for His glory. He is the LORD, KING and MASTER over the universe. He oversees everything. You have to understand all these about God before you open your mouth and talk anyhow. He is also a just God. Everything He does is perfect and good in His sight. To you, it might seem inhuman and wicked. But who are you ordinary mortal, dust that his days are numbered on the surface of the earth, to question the immortal, invincible, the only wise God?

For your information, it is not for you to debate His supremacy or not. He is the only living God, either you accept it or not. You are nothing compared to His majesty, glory and power. And if you don't acknowledge Him as the Lord, it is at your own detriment: He has nothing to loose. His fiery anger and wrath is upon you and you will face his judgement before the Great White Throne.

Psalm 2:12 kiss his feet
or else he will become angry,
and your way will be destroyed
because his anger ignites in an instant.
But all who take refuge in the Lord are truly happy!

John 3:36 Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life. Whoever doesn’t believe in the Son won’t see life, but the ANGRY judgment of God remains on them.”

Now, about the story of Job. You will not understand the significance of the story if you don't acknowledge that all we had, all we have and all that we are going to have belongs to God. Even our life, it doesn't belong to us. Like Job himself confessed:

Job1:21 "And said, Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return thither: the Lord gave, and the Lord hath taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord."

You have to know this, either you serve Him or not, if the Lord decides to take everything you have that you treasure so much today, you can't do anything about it. He is the SOVEREIGN GOD. You CANNOT question His AUTHORITY. Let that sink into your body, soul and mind. Stop questioning God. Accept His free gift of salvation today and you will be save from His wrath.

3 Likes

Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by dapsyd1(m): 9:46am On Jul 03, 2012
emöfine2: To be honest this is one of the most unfortunate stories I've ever read in the bible and I have never gleaned anything spiritual or higher from it (aside from job describing the elements and the power of his god).

It made me wonder if we are mere pawns in an egotistical battle between god and his adversary...their contention was so that it interfered with and affected the life of another and in extension his family, employees, livestock and charities for the duration of their bet. So in essence it was not only the life of one man that was interfered with and I doubt those that were rendered as collateral damage were directly compensated for during the period of their own loss.

And the most absurd part of the story is that in the end Job had another batch of 10 children who were said to be even more beautiful than the last set. Would it even matter if they were not attractive or even less attractive than the last 10?...a child is irreplaceable talkless of ten...that loss cannot be glossed over with beauty.

Albeit I understand that trials may exist to make one stronger or refine their character but the manner in which this was allowed to occur - to prove Job to the devil who was already said to be "perfect" - was pretty callous in my opinion of course.

the question that still trouble my mind as regards human being is that, why should human being always want to compare themselves with God. He is our creator, he can do anything he so pleases with our life. If for instance u use clay to mode something like pot and decide later to use the same clay to mode chair, who will question u and say u have not done well. So are we with God, its only a fool that will question his or her maker.

1 Like

Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by ndi7(m): 9:46am On Jul 03, 2012
To my friends who do not believe in the existence of God and His sovereignty I will say what Jesus once said; “ you do err not knowing the scriptures nor the power of God”
Concerning the story of Job; I’ll recap what Apostle paul once said through the grace of God; “ shall the thing formed say to its maker why makest me thus?, nay O man who art thou that repliest against God”

If you own a property or something, is it not entirely in your power to do what you want with it?

Have you ever seen a gold smith work? What do you think makes the gold people rejoices to use look beautifully shiny? IT WAS PASSED THROUGH A SERIOUS FIRE, TO PURIFY IT.
Job was allowed to pass through such situation for his overall good.
You have allowed satan to fill your heart and to pitch you against God. That is his work, he has been a deceiver from the beginning. And he will deceive whoever makes himself available.

If you truly want to reason logically; hear this one.
Before now have you ever met me before? Or do you even know in the slightest imagination that I exist?
The answer I believe is NO. Yet I have read your tread s and I know you exist.
SO WHETHER YOU KNOW OR FEEL GOD EXIST OR NOT, WILL NOT CHANGE ANY THING. IT WILL NOT CHANGE WHO GOD IS.

A simple assignment for you. Go to the web, google the last moments of atheists; and read what many of them say.
You need God my friend; He is the Unbounded goodness and Vast mercy that will deliver you from the devil’s snare.
Let me tell you what will happen if you don’t come to God through his son Jesus Christ.
You will eat you words again on the last day but it will not suffice
I pray God will have mercy on all of you who dare to insult HIM.

2 Likes

Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by Nobody: 9:48am On Jul 03, 2012
SimonAndal: If the story of Job is true, then I don't see God as evil, I think he just doesn't know what and how it feels like to be human. It's like the scientist and the lab rat, one is lord over the other, and so does whatever he likes to it. But if he could feel what the other feels, he'd stop his experiments with immediate effect. (Not the best of analogies, I know, but it's the best I can come up with. I'm only just waking up, you know.)
If half the bible is true, then it means God has lost his way and needs to know what being human is all about, 'cause question: if a king kills off your only child, or ten, your spouse and your livelyhood just to test your devotion to him, will you, truthfully, bow down with a clear heart? A heart sans animosity?

1 Like

Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by Sike(m): 9:49am On Jul 03, 2012
I waz here.
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by DSoj(m): 10:00am On Jul 03, 2012
I've tried to refrain from dis topic cos Religion is a very atomic issue. It is the world's Num 1 problem
Christians saying they are children of God...Muslims say de are slaves of God

The Job story, really portrays God in a way many followers will not like to attest, but compared to the Noah's story of 40days rain dat destroyed d world, Job is small issue o..
Then I ask,,,what. about day old babies, toddlers at dat Noah's time? Where de sinners too?
(Who are we to question God)

for me, dos are not even issues.
The issue is the bible itself.
How can we pick a book to read and de say we can't ask questions, when obviously, there are sooo many contradictions..and incompleteness, esp- the new testament

...Where are d records of Jesus' life from age 4-30yrs (b4 he started his ministry)

...Where are Mary Magdalene's records of her followership of Jesus? After-all she was one of d closest and even d only one faithful enof to be @ d tomb on resurrection day. (Ever heard d story of their union)? Think therez more to it?

How about Joseph? Jesus earthly father.
And Judas, d most castigated man in d bible but a necessary tool for fulfillment of d scriptures. At least he was a disciple b4 the betrayal. Why let him stay when it was known dat he'll "betray" Jesus.
Why say Judas betrayed Jesus? Why not say Judas helped Jesus fulfill the prophesy?

And d creation... Adam and Eve ate d fruit, and were chased out, had Cain and Abel,..Cain was banished to a land where there were already people.. (Meaning, Adam n Eve were probably not d only people created at the beginning....Meaning not all of us are descendants of Adam n Eve)

Then Cain went to dat land, had a wife and had children...meaning, de were already aving sex in dat place...did de eat the forbidden fruit or their own creation was different?

The most baffling...dat only thru Jesus can one get to heaven...then I ask..presently, the world has a population of 6.9Bil..out of which 2.3Bil ar said to be christians.,and not even all d so called christians can meet d criteria stated in d bible to enta heaven. Now tell me.... All Muslims, Hindu, Buddhi, etc are going to hell?
Goosssshhhhhhhhh..

Who are the real authors of d bible, d compilators, d translators..?? I believe de ad ulterior motives. To create undue fear in d minds of people...
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by tessiwaju: 10:20am On Jul 03, 2012
let me quickly say dis we should never, ever question God's work.
job 3 vs 25, "For the thing which I greatly feared is come upon me, and that which I was afraid of is come unto me". satan look out for those things u fear the most, which is mostly what u cherish, imagine how much you would give to save a dying child, wife or mother. yes you give up a whole lot becos they are irreplaceable yes they are, but ask yourself do you love God as much as you love your family, do u miss God as much as u miss ur family, imagine if you have only one source of income and this same source is been threatened, if its possible to stop it u wuld do, satan tot of all dis he knows our weakness and he always use it against us. no wonder Christ encourages us not to fear, if we must fear, then lets fear only him who has the power to destroy the body and soul. fear brought all dis upon him (job) and satan tot that by so doing he (job) wuld be frustrated and curse God just so unfortunate for him (satan) job didn't, please good people of NL lets not doubt God or query is work, instead lets draw strenght and learn from the holy Bible nothing is new under the sun, in every situation let thank God. (no body carry children, wife, mother nor father come dis life he gave them all to us, he could as well chose not to, remember the story of the porter and the clay) He (God Almighty) is the Porter we are the clay be wise.
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by Orikinla(m): 10:23am On Jul 03, 2012
[size=28pt]Every atheist is a fool.

To question the existence of God is to question your own existence.
Because we are the evidence of the existence of God.
For if there is no beginning, there is no existence and God is the beginning and the end.[/size]

1 Like

Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by emofine2(f): 10:27am On Jul 03, 2012
dapsy d:

the question that still trouble my mind as regards human being is that, why should human being always want to compare themselves with God. He is our creator, he can do anything he so pleases with our life. If for instance u use clay to mode something like pot and decide later to use the same clay to mode chair, who will question u and say u have not done well. So are we with God, its only a fool that will question his or her maker.

I do not compare myself with god; I will never do such a thing. The righteous atrocities of “god” far outweighs any unrighteous mischief I might have caused during my short span on earth.
But should god not be charged for the damages “he” has afforded people because of these unsolicited “test of faith” he so frequently conducts or are we just raw materials meant to accord this being continuous uncritical praise?

The clay I mould has no live personality and no conscious so if I was to remould the clay what hurt have I caused? What alarm should that arouse?

But if it’s perfectly okay for this biblical god to “do anything he so pleases” with human lives (as you are suggesting) because “he” allegedly allowed for our existence and the further nauseating excuse of such trials being a mere “test of faith” then such a being is not only highly conceited but also manipulative and for our sake should be kept very far away from us – well at least from me.

SimonAndal: If the story of Job is true, then I don't see God as evil, I think he just doesn't know what and how it feels like to be human. It's like the scientist and the lab rat, one is lord over the other, and so does whatever he likes to it. But if he could feel what the other feels, he'd stop his experiments with immediate effect. (Not the best of analogies, I know, but it's the best I can come up with. I'm only just waking up, you know.)
If half the bible is true, then it means God has lost his way and needs to know what being human is all about, 'cause question: if a king kills off your only child, or ten, your spouse and your livelyhood just to test your devotion to him, will you, truthfully, bow down with a clear heart? A heart sans animosity?

That is an interesting point but Simon the thing is scientists do not claim to “love” these lab rats they are experimenting with.
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by SpiritofOkija(m): 10:36am On Jul 03, 2012
The story of Job...

God gambled with the life of a man who did nothing wrong other than serve him..

Points to note from that story;

1. God and Satan are best friends; This is evidenced in;

Job 1: 6 & 7 One day the angels[a] came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan[b] also came with them. 7 The Lord said to Satan, “Where have you come from?”

Satan answered the Lord, “From roaming throughout the earth, going back and forth on it.”[/b]

2. God placed the bet not Satan.. As evidenced in;

Job 1: 8 Then the Lord said to Satan, “Have you considered my servant Job? There is no one on earth like him; he is blameless and upright, a man who fears God and shuns evil.”

3. Satan tempted God and he succumbed.. As evidenced in;

Job 1: 9-12“Does Job fear God for nothing?” Satan replied. 10 “Have you not put a hedge around him and his household and everything he has? You have blessed the work of his hands, so that his flocks and herds are spread throughout the land. 11 But now stretch out your hand and strike everything he has, and he will surely curse you to your face.”

12 The Lord said to Satan, “Very well, then, everything he has is in your power, but on the man himself do not lay a finger.”

4. God also partook in the destruction of Jobs life not just the Devil (Satan) as evidenced in;

Job 1: 16 While he was still speaking, another messenger came and said, The fire of God fell from the heavens and burned up the sheep and the servants, and I am the only one who has escaped to tell you!”

NOTE After winning the first round of bets with the Devil in Chapter 1.. Chapter 2 and the Devil visits his buddy God again and again, God couldnt help himself but bet on his 'Priced Stallion' Job again.. But this time, the stakes were raised.. Lives are involved..

5.. Like in Chapter 1, God and Satans friendship was butressed again in the first verse of Job Chapter 2;

Job 2: 1 On another day the angels[a] came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan also came with them to present himself before him. 2 And the Lord said to Satan, “Where have you come from?”

Satan answered the Lord, “From roaming throughout the earth, going back and forth on it.”

Note: Satan also came with them.. This sounds like a regular occurence because I would expect that the angels would jump the devil anytime or place they see him.. Sort of like Vampires and Lykens.. But apparently not.. They are cool with each other like that.

6. God wasnt ignorant of what he was doing.. He knew Job didnt deserve it yet went ahed to gamble with his life..

Job 2: 3 Then the Lord said to Satan, “Have you considered my servant Job? There is no one on earth like him; he is blameless and upright, a man who fears God and shuns evil. And he still maintains his integrity, though you incited me against him to ruin him without any reason.”

NOTE: God admits there is no reason for messing with Jobs life.

7. The Devil Tempts God again (or should I say pushes his buttons) and he yet again gives in as evidenced in:

Job 2: 4-6“Skin for skin!” Satan replied. “A man will give all he has for his own life. 5 But now stretch out your hand and strike his flesh and bones, and he will surely curse you to your face.” 6 The Lord said to Satan, “Very well, then, he is in your hands; but you must spare his life.”

And After so many other chapters of Job Lamenting and travailing, In Chapter 42, the Bible authors try to make it all good by saying God gave him all his stuuf back double..

Question is,
1. should God have gambled with his life in the first place?!

2. If you say its to test Jobs faithfulness or loyalty, dosent that make the arguement of God being Omniscience null & void?!

3. Why did God allow himself to be moved by the Devil to do what was against his wish.. Because if the Devil hadnt tempted him, he wouldnt have fhucked Job over like that..

4. What was Satan doing in Heaven?! I thought he was supposed to be in hell or falling endlessly through a blackhole a.k.a Bottomless pit?!

This story is the most fhucked up story in the Bible.. Closely followed by Elijah killing children with a Bear, Killing off all the sons of Egypt and the Genocides the Children of Isreal committed against the Canaanites

2 Likes

Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by Nobody: 10:41am On Jul 03, 2012
[b]Job 1: 8 Then the Lord said to Satan, “Have you considered my servant Job? There is no one on earth like him; he is blameless and upright, a man who fears God and shuns evil.”

Would one say God was boasting here?

Is that not forbidden in the bIble?
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by druid06(m): 10:44am On Jul 03, 2012
joe4christ:

And you think such a God that says he honours his word more than his very name and that heaven and earth will surely pass away but not a tiny part of his word will ever pass away, such a God as this will just sit back and watch his word contaminated?
Think again bro, if the bible which is the word of the creator of the universe himself is inperfect then there is no basis for it to vindicate or judge anyone cause it's inperfect, but that is not true, Jesus is the very word of God and the very spirit which inspired the prophets and men of God who wrote the bible, God is perfect and his word cannot be otherwise, if you truly know more or even little about biblical history you would have known the numerous number of attempt by the roman catholics and other religion and world leaders who have done everything possible to destroy the word of God (BIBLE) for centuries without success.
The word of God stands firm forever!

My keypoint is HIS ways are not our ways. Out of that imperfect book as you call it, there's is perfection. If you really want to understand the Bible, do it with the inspiration of the Holy Spirit. I can't change your mind, seems your mind is already made up.
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by dekung(m): 10:48am On Jul 03, 2012
buzugee: you acting like a lil bit-ch right about now. you acting like a girl. scoffing at real knowledge. only fools scoff at knowledge so i take it you must be a real fool. you acting like a real mamas girl right about now. talking all that junk and you aint never posted nothing that made sense. shytttt i aint even seen you here before. ok maybe i seen one post or two but nothing to write home about.
on a side note, the story of jesus obviously post-dates the horus and isis story ( which are all adaptations of semiramis tammuz and nimrod of ancient babylonia) but i didnt think a lot people on here are clued up on that story to where i had to be accurate about the heirachy. the point i was trying to make was simply that all spiritual stories from different cultures are hybrids or mutations or adaptations from the original people on the planet, THE BLACK HEBREW MAN AND WOMAN WHO SPOKE THE MOTHER TONGUE, LASHAWAN QADASH. thats the point here. and yes, the first civilization came from the original people on earth. it may have not been officially recognised as a civilization but it was. the earliest recorded civilizations though were the babylonian-persian and medes-greek-roman. but notwithstanding, the first civilization ( albeit not officially recorded as one ) will be the first people on the planet. THE BLACK HEBREWS. and with that, keep ignoring my posts because knowledge is lost on fools. i aint tryna cast pearls before a swine like you grin idiot
The very reason why I do not think you are sane enough to be engaged in meaningful argument. Just one dissenting view and you resort to allthese? Men you are pathetic. Have fun in your willful delusion and delibrate miscarriage of truth. Honestly I cant stop laughing...... you sound so deranged..... is this what religious delusion is all about.... no wonder several people here are running away from it...... guy you are deluded and definitely in.sane rotfl....lwkmd.....
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by dekung(m): 10:53am On Jul 03, 2012
redcliff:

He made u for his pleasure. He can do whatever he wants to do with anybody ay anytime.
Sorry mate, I dont want to be pleasure of any tyrant being who would choose to kill my lovely kids just to prove a point to his political religious opponent.
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by dekung(m): 10:59am On Jul 03, 2012
Les: [color=#006600][/color] who gave them to you? Who gave Job all that life? I leave here cause you all atoast no even get point, all your arguments are fallacy, believe me cos you don't know the bible than a repentant! If you can explain this "GOD'S the author and the finisher of our faith" and your explanation is similar to your argument, half consideration, but full consideration if you repent. But if you can't, just know it your self that you all atoast are delusively WRONG!
Who gave me my kids? I slept with my wife and she got pregnant and do you know why i believe this, because for several years my marriage was childless and we went on praying spree with lots of faith to back it up but nothing happened, until we visited the right doctor who gave the right prescription and vwuala!!!! my wife got pregnant...... and dont tell me God gave the doctor his knowledge of medicine because advancement in medicine and other proffessional feilds were achieved through research works, trial and error, mistakes here and there and finally a break thru
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by maclatunji: 10:59am On Jul 03, 2012
emöfine2: To be honest this is one of the most unfortunate stories I've ever read in the bible and I have never gleaned anything spiritual or higher from it (aside from job describing the elements and the power of his god).

It made me wonder if we are mere pawns in an egotistical battle between god and his adversary...their contention was so that it interfered with and affected the life of another and in extension his family, employees, livestock and charities for the duration of their bet. So in essence it was not only the life of one man that was interfered with and I doubt those that were rendered as collateral damage were directly compensated for during the period of their own loss.

And the most absurd part of the story is that in the end Job had another batch of 10 children who were said to be even more beautiful than the last set. Would it even matter if they were not attractive or even less attractive than the last 10?...a child is irreplaceable talkless of ten...that loss cannot be glossed over with beauty.

Albeit I understand that trials may exist to make one stronger or refine their character but the manner in which this was allowed to occur - to prove Job to the devil who was already said to be "perfect" - was pretty callous in my opinion of course.

You need to get out of your simplistic mode of thinking. Although I agree with some of your points.
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by logicboy01: 11:01am On Jul 03, 2012
FXKing2012:

Th four corners of the earth were used figuratively, not literally. The Bible simply means throughout the world. Again, u need a good spiritual standing to understand the Bible, so I'm not surprised at all by ur argument.

Yes and you can see the four corners of the earth from a high point, according to the bible.

The more you defend the bible the deeper you dig yourself into an illogical abyss
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by logicboy01: 11:02am On Jul 03, 2012
maclatunji:

You need to get out of your simplistic mode of thinking. Although I agree with some of your points.

Sharaap. Get the Feck out my thread aboki.

You added nothing, just snark.
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by maclatunji: 11:03am On Jul 03, 2012
emöfine2:

I do not compare myself with god; I will never do such a thing. The righteous atrocities of “god” far outweighs any unrighteous mischief I might have caused during my short span on earth.
But should god not be charged for the damages “he” has afforded people because of these unsolicited “test of faith” he so frequently conducts or are we just raw materials meant to accord this being continuous uncritical praise?

The clay I mould has no live personality and no conscious so if I was to remould the clay what hurt have I caused? What alarm should that arouse?

But if it’s perfectly okay for this biblical god to “do anything he so pleases” with human lives (as you are suggesting) because “he” allegedly allowed for our existence and the further nauseating excuse of such trials being a mere “test of faith” then such a being is not only highly conceited but also manipulative and for our sake should be kept very far away from us – well at least from me.

That is an interesting point but Simon the thing is scientists do not claim to “love” these lab rats they are experimenting with.

EVERYTHING IS RELATIVE! It would probably take me a lifetime to teach you this, so just take the summary.
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by maclatunji: 11:04am On Jul 03, 2012
logicboy01:

Sharaap. Get the Feck out my thread aboki.

You added nothing, just snark.

LMFSO!
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by logicboy01: 11:04am On Jul 03, 2012
Orikinla: [size=18pt]Every atheist is a fool.

To question the existence of God is to question your own existence.
Because we are the evidence of the existence of God.
For if there is no beginning, there is no existence and God is the beginning and the end.[/size]

From your username, I can tall that all your ancestors were Nigerian pagans. They were all ATHEISTS towards your Yaweh because they believed in other gods.

HYPOCRITE. You are a disgrace to your homeland.
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by logicboy01: 11:05am On Jul 03, 2012
maclatunji:

LMFSO!

You got no power here, tyrant!

Feels good! grin grin grin
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by shineeye1: 11:11am On Jul 03, 2012
Spirit of okija, it is never a fault to have doubts or to sincerely seek answers for deep seated questions. However, when such questions merely serve to ridicule someone based on personal presumption,there is an error. It is even worse error when the subject of such ridicule is God, which the human mind cannot sensibly wish away as non existent. Even the atheist has unanswered questions about his belief. Common sense dictates therefore that when there is still any iota of doubt, our propositions should be premised on humble submissions and not arrogant assertions. Fear God. Seek for answers with a humble mind.Dont let your questions destroy you. I know that answers are available to true seekers.
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by emofine2(f): 11:16am On Jul 03, 2012
maclatunji...oh please be so generous as to share your vast knowledge to expand my “simplistic mode of thinking” tongue

logicboy01:

Yes and you can see the four corners of the earth from a high point, according to the bible.

Four corners of the earth is a reference to the 4 compass points. That passage is not suggesting the earth is angular.
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by logicboy01: 11:19am On Jul 03, 2012
emöfine2: maclatunji...oh please be so generous as to share your vast knowledge to expand my “simplistic mode of thinking” tongue

Four corners of the earth is a reference to the 4 compass points. That passage is not suggesting the earth is angular.

See this apologist.

The compass points are not corners. They are directions.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

We Won't Resign, Pastor Iluyomade, Wife Tell Pastor Adeboye / Why Infant Baptism Should Stop! / Samuel Kanu Uche Visits Emir Sanusi In Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 151
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.