Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,958 members, 7,817,813 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:11 PM

The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness (15295 Views)

An Example Of How Science Trails Far Behind The Bible / Charles Finney: An Example Of A Prayer Man / A Fine Example Of Religious Tolerance - *SARCASM* (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by logicboy01: 10:13pm On Jul 02, 2012
FXKing2012:

Now I see why u are so confused, seems I've been wasting my time on you.

hahahahaha grin grin grin grin
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jul 02, 2012
logicboy01:

lol.....Nowhere in the bible does it say that Job was a fearful man. liar

Furthermore, fear is not a reason to accept Satan's request;

[size=14pt]4 “Skin for skin!” Satan replied. “A man will give all he has for his own life. 5 But now stretch out your hand and strike his flesh and bones, and he will surely curse you to your face.”[/size]
no need to derail the thread logic.and ill advise you keep your cool, you are not in a fight and you are doing great because this is one subject that will make many christians start thinking.
Now no christian should tell me Yahweh/Jehovah/Jesus actually striked a deal with the arch enemy satan to take away lives and property to change someones way of thinking. If you have really lost someone, maybe in a gruesome manner then you will find it evil what transpired between God and Satan. Where is the looooooove there? Why didnt God just overpower satan there and then and put a stop to that evil idea but he choose to give in to satans wiles. Does God really feel the pain of you losing someone going by this story and considering the way he treated job. A better argument should be this job story is all made up.

1 Like

Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by FXKing2012(m): 10:32pm On Jul 02, 2012
diluminati:
no need to derail the thread logic.and ill advise you keep your cool, you are not in a fight and you are doing great because this is one subject that will make many christians start thinking.
Now no christian should tell me Yahweh/Jehovah/Jesus actually striked a deal with the arch enemy satan to take away lives and property to change someones way of thinking. If you have really lost someone, maybe in a gruesome manner then you will find it evil what transpired between God and Satan. Where is the looooooove there? Why didnt God just overpower satan there and then and put a stop to that evil idea but he choose to give in to satans wiles. Does God really feel the pain of you losing someone going by this story and considering the way he treated job. A better argument should be this job story is all made up.

Another Bible-interpreter-wanna-be! The old testament was written for our learning, and until u understand that, u will continue to wallow in ignorance. The story of Job has changed countless number of lives since it was documented. How wld those lives have been touched and changed if it had not happened and if it had not been documented. Do you know how many souls that must have been saved by mere reading that story?
Imagine for one moment it had not happened or God simply said to satan "DO NOT TOUCH HIM". How wld we have learned and known that it is worthwhile to trust in God without flinching, or that the rewards for trusting in God is immense.

3 Likes

Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by logicboy01: 11:08pm On Jul 02, 2012
diluminati:

lol....I started the thread. Anyways, the point has to be hammered sometimes
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by logicboy01: 11:10pm On Jul 02, 2012
FXKing2012:

Another Bible-interpreter-wanna-be! The old testament was written for our learning, and until u understand that, u will continue to wallow in ignorance. The story of Job has changed countless number of lives since it was documented. How wld those lives have been touched and changed if it had not happened and if it had not been documented. Do you know how many souls that must have been saved by mere reading that story?
Imagine for one moment it had not happened or God simply said to satan "DO NOT TOUCH HIM". How wld we have learned and known that it is worthwhile to trust in God without flinching, or that the rewards for trusting in God is immense.

do you need Jobs story to be hopeful? There are numerous stories outside the bible that tell of people surviving cancer through sports. You, dont realise that the bible is not a perfect book.
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by FXKing2012(m): 11:54pm On Jul 02, 2012
logicboy01:

do you need Jobs story to be hopeful? There are numerous stories outside the bible that tell of people surviving cancer through sports. You, dont realise that the bible is not a perfect book.

If u say the Bible is not perfect then u say God is not perfect. You can not separate God from his Word, so the Bible is 100% perfect.

3 Likes

Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by Mpetempe(m): 1:12am On Jul 03, 2012
logicboy01:

Shut up.

Jesus died on the cross like a fowl

I Pray The Merciful Lord Forgives Your Ignorance... You Need Spiritual Deliverance.

1 Like

Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by logicboy01: 3:02am On Jul 03, 2012
FXKing2012:

If u say the Bible is not perfect then u say God is not perfect. You can not separate God from his Word, so the Bible is 100% perfect.

Yes and the earth has four corners just like the bible says.

Isaiah 11:12
12 And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the FOUR CORNERS OF THE EARTH. (KJV)

Or the cure for leprosy

Leviticus 14:49-53
King James Version (KJV)
49 And he shall take to cleanse the house two birds, and cedar wood, and scarlet, and hyssop:

50 And he shall kill the one of the birds in an earthen vessel over running water:

51 And he shall take the cedar wood, and the hyssop, and the scarlet, and the living bird, and dip them in the blood of the slain bird, and in the running water, and sprinkle the house seven times:

52 And he shall cleanse the house with the blood of the bird, and with the running water, and with the living bird, and with the cedar wood, and with the hyssop, and with the scarlet:

53 But he shall let go the living bird out of the city into the open fields, and make an atonement for the house: and it shall be clean.

The bible is nonsense
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by logicboy01: 3:03am On Jul 03, 2012
buzugee: better this fire than the other fire wink

That fire doesnt exist
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by redcliff: 4:35am On Jul 03, 2012
dekung: First off, that story, like most other stories in the bible including that of Moses, David and solomon, never happened. However, if the even actually took place like it was described then I dont think I want to serve an egotistical God who will use me to boast before his opponent only for him to allow his opponent to destroy all that I have worked including my children. Even if I have 200 other children does it relplace the relationsip that existed between me and one who were collaterally damaged by God?
I have two beautiful children now and I cannot trade their lives for anything even for the promise of more beautiful children.

He made u for his pleasure. He can do whatever he wants to do with anybody ay anytime.

1 Like

Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by Les: 4:37am On Jul 03, 2012
dekung: First off, that story, like most other stories in the bible including that of Moses, David and solomon, never happened. However, if the even actually took place like it was described then I dont think I want to serve an egotistical God who will use me to boast before his opponent only for him to allow his opponent to destroy all that I have worked including my children. Even if I have 200 other children does it relplace the relationsip that existed between me and one who were collaterally damaged by God?
I have two beautiful children now and I cannot trade their lives for anything even for the promise of more beautiful children.
who gave them to you? Who gave Job all that life? I leave here cause you all atoast no even get point, all your arguments are fallacy, believe me cos you don't know the bible than a repentant! If you can explain this "GOD'S the author and the finisher of our faith" and your explanation is similar to your argument, half consideration, but full consideration if you repent. But if you can't, just know it your self that you all atoast are delusively WRONG!

1 Like

Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by redcliff: 4:39am On Jul 03, 2012
Mpetempe:

I Pray The Merciful Lord Forgives Your Ignorance... You Need Spiritual Deliverance.

We are no longer in the old testament where slanderous statements come with a price: ur life. Other wise that poster would have died immediately

2 Likes

Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by Hope6289(f): 4:44am On Jul 03, 2012
Sometimes we think we know it all, but the life, brain and intelligence we have was given to us, if it wasn't, man would have found a way not to die. Serving God requires faith, and faith goes far beyond intellectual logic. I may not understand all of God's ways, and I wouldn't stress myself, because God is supreme and sovereign. The story of Job has a spiritual significance and as the Bible says, the secret of the sweet companionship of God and the revelation of His deep covenant meanings are only with those who fear God (Psalm 25:14) No man can defend or accuse God, for God is ALMIGHTY and SOVEREIGN and one day, all Nations, all People will bow before Him in worship and reverence, including atheists Revelations 15:4.God be praised

3 Likes

Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by ektbear: 4:57am On Jul 03, 2012
Job is one of those books in the Bible that can test the faith of any believer. If the Bible was only about Job, then I'm not sure how attractive Christianity would be.
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by kacheezy: 4:58am On Jul 03, 2012
If the devil still has access to heaven and always conspiring with god to set humans up...then we have a lot to worry about.

1 Like

Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by kacheezy: 5:00am On Jul 03, 2012
Hope6289: Sometimes we think we know it all, but the life, brain and intelligence we have was given to us, if it wasn't, man would have found a way not to die. Serving God requires faith, and faith goes far beyond intellectual logic. I may not understand all of God's ways, and I wouldn't stress myself, because God is supreme and sovereign. The story of Job has a spiritual significance and as the Bible says, the secret of the sweet companionship of God and the revelation of His deep covenant meanings are only with those who fear God (Psalm 25:14) No man can defend or accuse God, for God is ALMIGHTY and SOVEREIGN and one day, all Nations, all People will bow before Him in worship and reverence, including atheists Revelations 15:4.God be praised
Oh please shut up!
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by kacheezy: 5:01am On Jul 03, 2012
redcliff:

We are no longer in the old testament where slanderous statements come with a price: ur life. Other wise that poster would have died immediately
U think like a Hebrew slave.
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by lighternote: 5:02am On Jul 03, 2012
d fact is that faith n intellect run in two parallel lines n can never meet! There is no loyal faithful questioning d integrity of biblical stories otherwise he wallows in a dark cloud of irregularities.
d story of Job fiction or non-fiction is all about d spiritual significance to those that believe.
I detest it wt a passion n may such event never visit any one that I know,friends n enemies,believers n non- believers alike. It's way too gruesome n d motive,too egotistical,leaving man as a mere toy to b played wt.
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by kacheezy: 5:02am On Jul 03, 2012
redcliff:

He made u for his pleasure. He can do whatever he wants to do with anybody ay anytime.
That's the definition of a tyrant.
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by kacheezy: 5:04am On Jul 03, 2012
Mpetempe:

He should first deliver your brethren being killed almost every week in their places of worship.
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by Nobody: 5:22am On Jul 03, 2012
Man created God.

1 Like

Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by kandiikane(m): 5:35am On Jul 03, 2012
On a serious level though, which human will let God a king purposefully allow their children/family members to be killed and still hold the same faith he had?

Only in stories.

People still lose faith for an accidental killing.
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by Nobody: 5:38am On Jul 03, 2012
What God has given, only he can take away.
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by Nobody: 5:39am On Jul 03, 2012
Most of the story in the bible seem pretty wicked.

The Bible makes God seem like a wicked God. In the old testaments sha.
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by ektbear: 5:46am On Jul 03, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
Most of the story in the bible seem pretty wicked.

The Bible makes God seem like a wicked God. In the old testaments sha.

+100

Sacrifice your first born child. Wipe out this village, killing every man, woman and child. God doing dares in heaven with the devil, and a man's family being wiped out as a result undecided

Without trying to be sacriligeous, the Old Testament God doesn't sound very different from any of these mean gods we have in Yorubaland who require human sacrifice and sh1t undecided

1 Like

Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by ektbear: 5:49am On Jul 03, 2012
What about the flood. God killed everyone on earth but one man's family.

So even a 1 month old baby deserves to die? 1 month baby that can barely do anything is wicked and should be killed too?

2 Likes

Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by Nobody: 5:51am On Jul 03, 2012
emöfine2: To be honest this is one of the most unfortunate stories I've ever read in the bible and I have never gleaned anything spiritual or higher from it (aside from job describing the elements and the power of his god).

It made me wonder if we are mere pawns in an egotistical battle between god and his adversary...their contention was so that it interfered with and affected the life of another and in extension his family, employees, livestock and charities for the duration of their bet. So in essence it was not only the life of one man that was interfered with and I doubt those that were rendered as collateral damage were directly compensated for during the period of their own loss.

And the most absurd part of the story is that in the end Job had another batch of 10 children who were said to be even more beautiful than the last set. Would it even matter if they were not attractive or even less attractive than the last 10?...a child is irreplaceable talkless of ten...that loss cannot be glossed over with beauty.

Albeit I understand that trials may exist to make one stronger or refine their character but the manner in which this was allowed to occur - to prove Job to the devil who was already said to be "perfect" - was pretty callous in my opinion of course.

@ logicboy01

you see, you have to understand first of all that the bible was written by human beings, who received spiritually the message but as is natural will try to write it down how the author perceives that very message. if you showed 10 people a film clip you can never get 10 exact recounts of the same clip, instead you would get 10 varying versions. Hence why the story of the Life of our Lord Jesus as seen by Mark, Mathew ,Luke and John have individual accounts. A Human is an immensely flawed being. That being said, what you are meant to take away from bible stories isn't the literal interpretations but, they are meant to be a guide for spiritual maturing. There a lot of errors and contradictions of which some unintentionally in the bible writings, but like I said just look at it spiritually and try to get the true message contained within
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by ZUBY77(m): 5:52am On Jul 03, 2012
I have never seen anything more foolish than a Nigerian/black man defending The Bible. A Book that was thrown at you.

3 Likes

Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by ektbear: 5:52am On Jul 03, 2012
To be honest, some of these stories just sound very petty.

OK, all-powerful God makes some human beings. And they misbehave, and he doesn't like them.

So why not just move away? If you are displeased with them, is it by force to constantly hang around them?

If the earth and the people on it are evil and desperately wicked, why not just leave them be and go do your own thing? Make some other creatures you like better in another universe somewhere.

Also, why not just kill the troublesome devil? You are all-powerful God, right? So why does the devil even exist? Why does sin even exist?

3 Likes

Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by ektbear: 5:55am On Jul 03, 2012
The fall of man.

Why did this happen? Satan tempted the woman into eating from the forbidden fruit.

OK..................

So why on earth did God let Satan into this garden!?!?!?!

Why did he put a forbidden tree there? why not put the forbidden tree on the moon or something, where they can't get it?

Am I going to put a shotgun next to a 3 year old child and tell them "Don't touch?" Or will I put the shotgun very far away where they cannot reach?

Will I let an evil person enter the same place where I am keeping this three year old child? So that the evil person will tell the child to pick up the shotgun and shoot it?

The Bible is a very confusing and frustrating book at times

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Another Gospel Singer Uncovered As An Illuminati Member / We Won't Resign, Pastor Iluyomade, Wife Tell Pastor Adeboye / Why Infant Baptism Should Stop!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.