Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,453 members, 7,770,126 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 04:53 AM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1761581 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (692) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 3:22pm On Jul 01, 2012

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jul 01, 2012
spyder880:

I was at new berries yester night, will buy you a bottle if I see you there one day.

yeah man. . . new berries is another cool spot.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jul 01, 2012
Odunnu:
Oga e don do. Owerri cannot stand side by side in comparison with Enugu, in any way! I repeat, in any way!
Everything in Owerri has its match in Enugu times 2 and i'm being honest.

na lie. seem's like its been long you visited owerri? you can visit one of these days, and see what i'm talking about
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Odunnu: 3:36pm On Jul 01, 2012
Would have asked you to start a thread on Owerri but you would just disgrace yourself after page one.

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jul 01, 2012
I'll definitely do that. Watch out!!

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Odunnu: 4:00pm On Jul 01, 2012
No be me send you o
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by warrior01: 4:14pm On Jul 01, 2012
Enugu no doubt, is a beautiful place to be or reside but in terms of night life and hospitality, i'll give it to owerri anyday

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 4:18pm On Jul 01, 2012
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by PROUDIGBO(m): 4:19pm On Jul 01, 2012
Are we going to see the pics anytime this century undecided? The debates can come a bit latter.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by PROUDIGBO(m): 4:21pm On Jul 01, 2012
spyder880:

Why not open it now please, lets rest this argument once and for all.

My pictures starts this night, I have two meeting before then. Lovely Enugu, but be warned, I also showed the section of the poor, the very very poor. I have to be fair and balanced.

^^^Ok. Just saw your post, so ignore my last one.

Cheers smiley.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 4:27pm On Jul 01, 2012

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jul 01, 2012
spyder880:

You will see my thread in the property section where I am building a duplex for a client in Owerri, I have spent the past 30 out of 60 days in Owerri. (I am a builing contractor) I have been searching for any place to rest in the evenings but all I see are children playing, no serious stuff. Can you give me names to compare with Toscana or Shoprite in Owerri?
All seasons hotel, concorde hotel, infact there are many hotels in owerri. there are no mega malls like shoprite in owerri at the moment.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Afam4eva(m): 4:45pm On Jul 01, 2012
Na waoo. Two pages and no pictures? Syder Nwanne, biko me osiso. We're running out of patience(in thick igbo accent).

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Onlytruth(m): 4:52pm On Jul 01, 2012
Mr Spyder880, thanks for starting this thread because we the diaspora Igbo will like constant update on how our land is shaping up for the 21st century.
Please QUICKLY post pictures, and make sure you include pictures of Enugu International Airport. If you don't have them, please get them because that is what would keep this thread here in the politics section. If you don't add pictures of that airport, this thread will likely end up in the travel/tourism section.
I would like to believe that the aim of this thread is to challenge/encourage our politicians to keep working hard and to keep developing the East to give us cities/towns that we all can be proud of.

I hereby appeal to all Igbo sons to abstain from any comparison match between Enugu and any other city in Igboland. Enugu is a product of our collective efforts. We are all very proud of this city, just as we are all very proud of Owerri and other Eastern cities. Thanks in advance!

So, get on with PICTURES.
Thanks! cool

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Whitehorse: 5:05pm On Jul 01, 2012
@Spyder,
Well done. Pls show the good, the bad and the ugly o. Though born and bred in Lagos, I'm from Enugu state and had my university education there.

Was also pleasently surprised at how much the city had developed compared to what it was in the '90's.

Looking forward to all the pics!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Whitehorse: 5:11pm On Jul 01, 2012
Onlytruth: Mr Spyder880, thanks for starting this thread because we the diaspora Igbo will like constant update on how our land is shaping up for the 21st century.
Please QUICKLY post pictures, and make sure you include pictures of Enugu International Airport. If you don't have them, please get them because that is what would keep this thread here in the politics section. If you don't add pictures of that airport, this thread will likely end up in the travel/tourism section.
I would like to believe that the aim of this thread is to challenge/encourage our politicians to keep working hard and to keep developing the East to give us cities/towns that we all can be proud of.

I hereby appeal to all Igbo sons to abstain from any comparison match between Enugu and any other city in Igboland. Enugu is a product of our collective efforts. We are all very proud of this city, just as we are all very proud of Owerri and other Eastern cities. Thanks in advance!

So, get on with PICTURES.
Thanks! cool

The Enugu airport is upgrade is a huge fraud. I came through it on my Easter trip this year. Saw people using manual labour, just an absolute mess! Anyway, the same thing was observed in MMA airport in Lagos. I think the current aviation minister is running a huge scam with the so called airport upgrades.

Anyway, let's not derail this thread.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by bashr8: 8:38pm On Jul 01, 2012
J12: The only thing that keeps enugu alive is the student/youth population, the state is filled with old civil servants with rickety vehicles. Enugu is usually boring whenever the students are on vacation. Owerri is the place to be men. . .
am not sure you know enugu well , fr om this your statement, enugu have soo many indutries, banks, private companies ,trader etc scattered all accross the city and out skirts plus most school(primary ,sec and university) in enugu are private and the last time i checked running a school is buisness too.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by bashr8: 8:40pm On Jul 01, 2012
Whitehorse: @Spyder,
Well done. Pls show the good, the bad and the ugly o. Though born and bred in Lagos, I'm from Enugu state and had my university education there.

Was also pleasently surprised at how much the city had developed compared to what it was in the '90's.

Looking forward to all the pics!

why should he show the bad and ugly, when you where leaving for jand did you know about the bad and ugly and the gheto, have u ever seen a country or city like new york promoting itself by showing the bad and ugly ?

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by gidson12(m): 9:54pm On Jul 01, 2012
can we just get done with these talking and show us the bleeping pictures......my patience is running out
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ASOROCKb(m): 11:06pm On Jul 01, 2012
gidson12: can we just get done with these talking and show us the bleeping pictures......my patience is running out
Yah, the pics nah@Op.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 11:34pm On Jul 01, 2012
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Odunnu: 5:57am On Jul 02, 2012
Na wa o. Still no pic
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 7:03am On Jul 02, 2012
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by gidson12(m): 7:12am On Jul 02, 2012
so pathetic.......2pages and still no pic, and u want us to believe all the stories you just made about Enugu, when you know your internet connection is poor why did you start the damn thread, now tell me how many people would take the patience to read up to 3pages to see your pictures even if you had to uploaded it.....
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 11:15am On Jul 02, 2012
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Afam4eva(m): 11:23am On Jul 02, 2012
spyder880:

If you dont have the patience you try next door abeg!

@all, the good news is that I have cancelled the P/H trip after a long phone call to my client. I am heading towards the airport in Emene to see how it looks now, also snapping shots around town this morning. I now have over 300 pictures ready to hit this thread. I will be sending from a cybercafe in Ninth mile in 2 hours time. I think what I will show is worth the wait. You have never seen these before, I am sure grin
Good, we're waiting.

I think it will be better to create a new thread since this one is already on the second page.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 2:12pm On Jul 02, 2012
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 2:37pm On Jul 02, 2012
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 2:39pm On Jul 02, 2012

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by executinal(m): 2:40pm On Jul 02, 2012
Spyder you talk too much. What is holding the picture??

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 2:42pm On Jul 02, 2012
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 2:45pm On Jul 02, 2012

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (692) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.