Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,090 members, 7,821,769 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:08 PM

Pastor Bakare Hits Harder: “down, Down Jonathan” - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pastor Bakare Hits Harder: “down, Down Jonathan” (23765 Views)

Ghana Pulls Down Jonathan, Buhari Billboards / 2015: Be Patient, I Won’t Let You Down, Jonathan Tells Campaign Groups / Boko-Haram's Plot To Shoot-down Jonathan’s Plane Foiled (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Bakare Hits Harder: “down, Down Jonathan” by kunlekunle: 9:28am On Jul 03, 2012
noblezone: If Bakare actually said this present regime is going to terminate in October, then there must be some serious fireworks going on underground.
This man told us about "wild wild North" if Buhari and himself fails to win, today the North is still "wild".

Perhaps, something more deadly than Boko Haram is cooking. I hope that somebody is driving himself to insanity because anything that will derail our transition from the destruction of military misrule will be met with great consequences.

Pastor Bakare is a man I respect a lot, but sentiments apart, he is crossing his boundaries.

He actually spoke like a man of christ.
Christ saw the ruins ahead of jerusalem, he wept for them.
When challenged of his speech, [size=14pt]he said even this temple no stone shall remain on top of each other.[/size]

[size=14pt]The pastor was simply advising you to know your rights, if not damnation lies ahead.[/size]

when paul too was was wrongly judged he appealed unto caeser (court in rome) know your right.

when paul was slapped by a roman soldier, he challenged him == if he had the right to beat a roman citizen.
know your right
Re: Pastor Bakare Hits Harder: “down, Down Jonathan” by greaterlove(m): 9:36am On Jul 03, 2012
dr stone:

Indeed, heart searching times are here my Broda. What this shows is that this ranting about Jonathan is not about trying to make Nigeria better because some one believes in Nigeria's welfare but a vituperation in anger because of a failure in the pursuit of a personal ambition. An indirect expose' is i[b]mbedded in the statements to give a chilling hope to Anti Jonathan sentiments[/b] that plans are on Ground to decimate the man and his Government by October 2012. Seems to me that the easiest part to Political Relevance is to pour aspersion on Governments in Power. Nothing Bad in having criticism and opposition to Government..But when it degenerates the thin line of sensibility to Bitter hatred for a Man you contested against and lost to....it speaks volumes of you. Especially when you think yourself better qualified and endowed to have that same position and yet you lost to such an one you consider a 'retardeen'. If Gani were speaking today, or a falana, no one may question their motives for speaking...it may be deemed to have been spoken in good faith, but not a team of those who have repeatedly failed to clinch their presidential ambition and resort to crying openly about it in Public. Again, I say, it speaks volumes. I dare say, such an one may not mind some bloodletting to vent his outrage were permissible.

As rich as Abiola was!...He never got there!! As powerful as Abatcha was, He could not transform to a civilian President!!! As endowed as Awo was ...He did not make it to the Presidency.. as Justified as Ojukwu was He never smelled Presidency not even in Biafran Land..As hardened as Gideon Orkar was his coup did not succeed.....PRIDE is a terrible thing

It is another thing to use the "HOLY" sanctuary of a church for Political meetings, you are only inviting its desecration. It is funny that all men seem to pursue issues with an innately selfish agenda behind their actions. For example staging a Yaradua must go, because I must Come in. Staging subsidy probe because Money(in Dollars) must enter my pocket(Farook)!!!need i say more.

Tinubu is reaping from his opposition to OBJ, i understand no one in his family has regretted it, a large chunk of Government largese takes care of their welfare.
How come all corruption Probes in the country has only been skewed against the south. Think abt the failedbank tribunals of the 90's or the recent SANUsiTISATION.I am yet to hear that any Northern Governor was ever jailed for corruption inspite of what is known openly to have been going on in the North for Ages. So for more than 50yrs that the North has been in Power in finance, Government, NNPc, Banking, Railways, Aviation, NepA, NITEL. I think not that Even Alhaji Umaru Dikko ever smelled jail!! But just go and look at the litany of people jailed for political and economic reasons in this country and your Eyes will POP open to reality.

MONEY is POWER, MONEY wins Elections as well. And it is not in the hands of a certain group in the country who want to have their filthy hands on the Nations wealth again.... and to couple their woes they have had the Badluck of a seeming "Retardeen" to be an opposition in their quest to attain it. For them a dying Yaradua is better than a Living "Goat-Luck"If Jonathan were not there today,, the same force that says NO to their ambition will still raise someone more formidable to outclass them and stop their greedy quest.

thank you brother, we all want change but not the way bakare wants it to come, all u get when u oppose bakare statements are abuses from his supporters. like i said earlier nigerians voted jonathan in, if bakare has a better plan for the people he should let us know, tell us how he intends to solve the power problems, the cooruption in police, the coruption in the civil service, agriculture, banking sector, manufacturing, water, infrastructure etc.let him raise money, tour nigeria, attract volunteers to help him and contest in 2015. is jonathan perfect?no, but its very easy to criticize the present government, hitler did same and we all know what he did when he became the leader of germany, mugabe did same too in zimbabwe. nigeria needs leaders who will lead, who have ideas on how to solve the problems facing us, not people who will play on the sentiments of the people by taking cheap shots on the sitting government.
Re: Pastor Bakare Hits Harder: “down, Down Jonathan” by edogram1(m): 11:08am On Jul 03, 2012
Thank u bakere, christianity doesn't make one to be cowward. 2015 is urs.
Re: Pastor Bakare Hits Harder: “down, Down Jonathan” by IcecoldDon: 1:37pm On Jul 03, 2012
Demdem:

my friend shut up. he is now in Town. Ask those mothafuckers to go arrest him now for interrogation. he isnt a coward. also ask Otedollar to launch his case. Nonsense

[b]Down to a bloodsucking leader that told me not to panic when there are bomb blasts since terrorist attack happens worldwide.
Down to a glutonnous leader that eats approx a billion naira worth of food within a year in the midst of abject poverty.
Down to a liar of a leader who promises to curtail govt spendings but instead still enjoys travelling all over the world with battalions.
Down to a heartless leader who told me pointblank on a live program that he doesnt give a damn about any citizen's criticsm.
Down to a evil leader who has in his disposal the list of evil boko sponsors and has refused to act on them therby allowing my innocent countrymen to die in vain.
Down to a deceptive leader who preffers to jollificate with brazillian models while lying to us that he is in an earth summit when his coutrymen are being bombed to death
Down to a deceptive leader who feels having murderers, killers and bunkerers like Asari, Tompolo, Boyloaf and their kinds has non-portfolio advisers is the right way to go.
Down to a leader that sees IBB as his father
Down to the leader of the killer party.etc[/b]
GBAM!!!! BROS,I SALUTE U FOREVA FOR D ABOVE POST. EVEN D GEJ APOLOGISTS AFTER READING DIS WILL HANG DIA HEADS IN SHAME.
But na wa for us sha,Hw can sumppl still be defending him
Re: Pastor Bakare Hits Harder: “down, Down Jonathan” by subnormal: 2:38pm On Jul 03, 2012
dedeike: The truth is that the circurmstances surrounding GEJ's emergence as President should convince us all that GOD has a hand in this administration. It is clear even the blind can see it. I have maximum respect for men of God but I think Bakare is fast loosing it. He is just acting like a sore looser. Chris Okotie did not act this way when he lost elections to Obj. If you must criticize, do so constructively. Which one is up up Jesus, down down Jonathan? What I expect a Man of GOD to do in this our trying times is to pray for our country and offer opinions on how we can tackle our security challenges. It would make more sense, if we hear that Bakare prayed for God to give GEJ wisdom to lead and Nigeria. Then during his sermon, he can volunteer workable solutions to our problems. That way Nigerians will take him seriously and he will gain more support. But this resort to cheap blackmail and mudslinging is unbecoming of a statesman talkless of a man of God.
[color=#006600][/color]

The issue is not the manner in which he emerged leader but what he has done or refused to do after he became president. If i remember correctly, it was this same Bakare that fought for his emergence, but since he has refused to perform, he deserves all the criticism he is getting. I honestly believe all religious leaders should lend their voice to the fight against corruption because our spiritual well being is affected by what happens out there... u fit give offering if u no get job?
Re: Pastor Bakare Hits Harder: “down, Down Jonathan” by folex101: 3:03pm On Jul 03, 2012
Baba pastor........no be like dat Jesus teach ooooo, we are not to use God's words and our service to him to wreck our country and leaders.....
Re: Pastor Bakare Hits Harder: “down, Down Jonathan” by cnwachuk88: 3:19pm On Jul 03, 2012
Beaf: ^
Keep that talk for fools like yourself, bro.

[size=12pt][/size]

What did Tunde Bakare do after this? He joined Buhari!
Is he not mocking the Spirit of God?

The man is a false prophet who steals from the poor and weak.
Re: Pastor Bakare Hits Harder: “down, Down Jonathan” by dayokanu(m): 4:24pm On Jul 03, 2012
Well done Bakare
Re: Pastor Bakare Hits Harder: “down, Down Jonathan” by 1025: 4:28pm On Jul 03, 2012
dedeike: The truth is that the circurmstances surrounding GEJ's emergence as President should convince us all that GOD has a hand in this administration. It is clear even the blind can see it. I have maximum respect for men of God but I think Bakare is fast loosing it. He is just acting like a sore looser. Chris Okotie did not act this way when he lost elections to Obj. If you must criticize, do so constructively. Which one is up up Jesus, down down Jonathan? What I expect a Man of GOD to do in this our trying times is to pray for our country and offer opinions on how we can tackle our security challenges. It would make more sense, if we hear that Bakare prayed for God to give GEJ wisdom to lead and Nigeria. Then during his sermon, he can volunteer workable solutions to our problems. That way Nigerians will take him seriously and he will gain more support. But this resort to cheap blackmail and mudslinging is unbecoming of a statesman talkless of a man of God.

so the best men of God are those who praise our leaders and take pictures with them abi? see, the problem of nigeria is these pastors and imams who have refused to tell these Godforsaken rulers the truths.
if all our pastors will wake up one day and decide with the power of their congregations to change the system here, i bet you there rulers will be on the run. so we want those pastors that will celebrate church services for bode george right?
if Bakare decides to support this govt today and leave the poor masses behind, govt is ready to build many churches for him and supply him all he needs but that is not the case. the man is just speaking for those of us that are weak. this is a man that is not afraid to die or be arrested. mind you, apart from been a pastor, he is a trained lawyer over seas. he knows his left from his right. many of us here went dumb the day bamanga tukur the pdp national chairman said that boko haram are fighting for justice but will become a parrot when Bakare says known truths.
it is a shame that nigerians till now don't even know who their real enemies are.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Bakare Hits Harder: “down, Down Jonathan” by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jul 03, 2012
kunlekunle:

When challenged of his speech, [size=14pt]he said even this temple no stone shall remain on top of each other.[/size]
[size=14pt]The pastor was simply advising you to know your rights, if not damnation lies ahead.[/size]

when paul too was was wrongly judged he appealed unto caeser (court in rome) know your right.

when paul was slapped by a roman soldier, he challenged him == if he had the right to beat a roman citizen.
know your right

No, not at all. He spoke more like one of the Jihardists than like a man of God.

You simply distorted the Holy Scriptures to suite your selfish interests. The Lord Jesus was prophesying, Bakare on the other hand is threatening war. Even Paul you mentioned, you rightly stated that he went to court, he did not call for violence.

Bakare and his companion of violence in the person of Buhari have been celebrating the blood of the innocent since the days of "wild wild North" campaign.

Recently, Buhari was talking about "baboons and monkeys" and how their blood will flow in 2015. Tlll date, the General is yet to explain to us which tribe or religious group that constitute the population of these "animals" whose blood must flow.

Bakare is no diffrent from Buhari: both are selling violence to Nigerians and I must say that everything is wrong with it. Every peace loving Nigerian should stand up and say NO to this hypocrisy.

From Bakare's message, it appears that even Buhari is now better than him! At least, Buhari is ready to wait till 2015 for his "River of blood". Bakare wants in in October.

Jonthan is great leader else, Bakare should be arrested and tried for treason.

Yet, October will come and go and if Bakare and his likes will not give peace a chance, God whom he calls upon will turn against him.

Finally, for a man of God to climb the pulpit and shout "up up Jesus, down down Jonathan" is the height of political fanaticism. Since when did the christ become so earthly and that insignificant to be compared with Jonathan? Is Jonathan now contending with the christ?

1 Like

Re: Pastor Bakare Hits Harder: “down, Down Jonathan” by kunlekunle: 7:33am On Jul 04, 2012
[quote author=noblezone]

No, not at all. He spoke more like one of the Jihardists than like a man of God.

You simply distorted the Holy Scriptures to suite your selfish interests. The Lord Jesus was prophesying, Bakare on the other hand is threatening war. Even Paul you mentioned, you rightly stated that he went to court, he did not call for violence.

Bakare and his companion of violence in the person of Buhari have been celebrating the blood of the innocent since the days of "wild wild North" campaign.

Recently, Buhari was talking about "baboons and monkeys" and how their blood will flow in 2015. Tlll date, the General is yet to explain to us which tribe or religious group that constitute the population of these "animals" whose blood must flow.

Bakare is no diffrent from Buhari: both are selling violence to Nigerians and I must say that everything is wrong with it. Every peace loving Nigerian should stand up and say NO to this hypocrisy.

From Bakare's message, it appears that even Buhari is now better than him! At least, Buhari is ready to wait till 2015 for his "River of blood". Bakare wants in in October.

Yet, October will come and go and if Bakare and his likes will not give peace a chance, God whom he calls upon will turn against him.

if you knew your right, you would not talk asuch
[size=22pt]the kingdom suffer violence. and violence taketh it by force.
the children of this world are wiser than the children of light. (the PDP guys are wiser than nigerians][/size][)
Bakare is simply telling you you cant legislate against corruption, you dont need legislation to get eletricity, water, jobs, good roads etc.
go to abuja and get it
Re: Pastor Bakare Hits Harder: “down, Down Jonathan” by Nobody: 7:57am On Jul 04, 2012
noblezone:

Finally, for a man of God to climb the pulpit and shout "up up Jesus, down down Jonathan" is the height of political fanaticism. Since when did the christ become so earthly and that insignificant to be compared with Jonathan? Is Jonathan now contending with the christ?

As if Jonathan is the earthly personification of Satan, whose unending 'battle' with Christ is the very basis for the Christian "good vs evil" or "light vs darkness" concept. So in BARKare's opinion, Jesus and Jonathan are engaged in an epic battle, in which he and his congregation are rooting for Jesus to win. How idiotic can this be? It doesn't get any worse than this, seriously.

It is refreshing to see folks like you on this forum who think clearly, and whose views emanate from a wellspring of good sense and objectivity. Bless you!

1 Like

Re: Pastor Bakare Hits Harder: “down, Down Jonathan” by warrior01: 9:38am On Jul 04, 2012
With all the teachings of Jesus Christ, I'm so ashamed that bakare is even a christian and a so called pastor for that matter.
Re: Pastor Bakare Hits Harder: “down, Down Jonathan” by realBerni: 1:33am On Jul 05, 2012
@KUNLEKUNLE
kunlekunle:

When challenged of his speech, he said even this temple no stone shall remain on top of each other.
The pastor was simply advising you to know your rights, if not damnation lies ahead.

know your right

most of you talking here where were you in 1983 when buhari overthrown 'a democratic gvernment of shagari' if bakare/buhari is our savior, buhari set us into 16 yrs military exile until it forcefully ended at abacha's death.
To refresh you a bit, buhari hates criticm,just ask people, he closed down daily times newspapers for criticm, he ordered the turture convict and jailed fela kuti for 10 yrs so also beeko ransome kuti,but the sentence was cut short by IBB in 1985,just 2 yrs,fela and beko freed.

go to buhari's hometown and see almajiris in thousands roaming the streets begging for foods, many of who are now ready made tools for 'boko haram'

pastor bakare was on a paid mission to break the christianity community to support the north in 2015 as the hausa fulani vows to gain their power back at all cost.

but that buhari will change anything? its laughable,but lets watch.
Re: Pastor Bakare Hits Harder: “down, Down Jonathan” by efeezy2020(m): 2:00am On Jul 05, 2012
the man is right joor
goodluck is a mistake nigerian made

for lotto and sport betting tips
www.naijabetland.com
Re: Pastor Bakare Hits Harder: “down, Down Jonathan” by Beaf: 2:05am On Jul 05, 2012
[size=46pt]Tunde Bakare is a false prophet.[/size] angry
Re: Pastor Bakare Hits Harder: “down, Down Jonathan” by tunnytox(m): 7:04am On Jul 05, 2012
[size=23pt]BEAF IS A PAID PDP AGENT, ALL ENEMIES OF NIGERIA WILL PERISH VERY VERY SOON[/size]
Re: Pastor Bakare Hits Harder: “down, Down Jonathan” by Beaf: 7:07am On Jul 05, 2012
^
Yes, I am being paid by your family and village elders.

Dunce.
Re: Pastor Bakare Hits Harder: “down, Down Jonathan” by tunnytox(m): 7:15am On Jul 05, 2012
[size=23pt]ALL ENEMIES OF NIGERIA WILL PERISH VERY SOON[/size]
Re: Pastor Bakare Hits Harder: “down, Down Jonathan” by Demdem(m): 8:04am On Jul 05, 2012
tunnytox: [size=23pt]ALL ENEMIES OF NIGERIA WILL PERISH VERY SOON[/size]

[size=20pt]Even now they have started shivering with bakare's undiluted truth. Their paid agents will never have rest[/size]
Re: Pastor Bakare Hits Harder: “down, Down Jonathan” by kunlekunle: 8:42am On Jul 05, 2012
real_Berni: @KUNLEKUNLE

most of you talking here where were you in 1983 when buhari overthrown 'a democratic gvernment of shagari' if bakare/buhari is our savior, buhari set us into 16 yrs military exile until it forcefully ended at abacha's death.
To refresh you a bit, buhari hates criticm,just ask people, he closed down daily times newspapers for criticm, he ordered the turture convict and jailed fela kuti for 10 yrs so also beeko ransome kuti,but the sentence was cut short by IBB in 1985,just 2 yrs,fela and beko freed.

go to buhari's hometown and see almajiris in thousands roaming the streets begging for foods, many of who are now ready made tools for 'boko haram'

pastor bakare was on a paid mission to break the christianity community to support the north in 2015 as the hausa fulani vows to gain their power back at all cost.

but that buhari will change anything? its laughable,but lets watch.

you are good in politics but you cant analyse whats on the ground.
the problem we had in 83 is repeating itself.

oligarchy is the govt of elites, tell me if democracy is not dead.

what we have now is the gov of the people by the few for the small few.think over it and tell yourself the truth.

why buhari took over the govt, democracy was dead.
Re: Pastor Bakare Hits Harder: “down, Down Jonathan” by realBerni: 12:18pm On Jul 05, 2012
@kunlekunle,
you are good in politics but you cant analyse whats on the ground.
the problem we had in 83 is repeating itself.

oligarchy is the govt of elites, tell me if democracy is not dead.

what we have now is the gov of the people by the few for the small few.think over it and tell yourself the truth.

why buhari took over the govt, democracy was dead.

ok, no problems,

maybe we should return to military rule, because the present 1999 constitution has been rendered impotent by the military because of the immunity clause and very controversial room for the legislators to manuever things, for example farouk lawans case whereby he admitted to have collected a money,but up till now he cant produce the money,and he is walking free is largely due to his constitutional right on immunity,and because of this constitutional rights, jonathan cannot force the legislators to act outside the constitution.and if jonathan seek an amendment to correct that,the legislators knows what they are up to hold the right to accept the amendment on the immunity or not.

so as it is now, not even pastor Adeboye or Alhaji Adegbite or name any perceived good man in the society that can change anything in this present nigeria.

so military rule is the only government that can address problems fast the way you want,but then you as a citizen hold no right to know whats going on in the government,because the government hold the right to manuever things the way they want without public knowledge.

and i think thats where you guys seem to be getting things wrong,democracy allows you and i to be heard when we critisize the govnment without fear or intimidation, we have access to imformation through press,and that is why we can evaluate things going on in the government ourselves,but this is a taboo in military rule because when they starve you of the knowledge of whats going on,they cover their tracks.
for example;
lets see buhari's brief profile,

Buhari moved to silence critics of his administration, passing decrees curbing press freedoms and allowing for opponents to be detained up to three months without formal charges.

He also banned strikes and lockouts by workers

and founded Nigeria's first secret police force, the National Security Organization.

His government sentenced popular musician and political critic Fela Kuti to ten years in prison on charges that Amnesty International denounced as fabricated and politically motivated

Kuti was later pardoned and released by Buhari's successor IBB.

In another high-profile incident that sparked a diplomatic incident with Britain, British officials found Buhari's former transportation minister drugged in a crate marked for shipment to Lagos.

just because its not fresh in the memory of many does not portray buhari a better man for nigeria.

i actualy served as NYSC in his hometown Daura in katsina state,his 2 yrs rule as president is not even evident in the town, the illiteracy level in the town is another topic,as many are not even encouraged to go to school.

i dont have anything against the man,but pastor Bakare is just fighting only for his selfish ambition but playing on the emotion of frustrated nigerian to achieve this.but the profile of who bakare is fighting for is a 'die hard jihadist' 'born to rule activist'.lets tread softly pls.
Re: Pastor Bakare Hits Harder: “down, Down Jonathan” by kunlekunle: 2:53pm On Jul 05, 2012
real_Berni: @kunlekunle,

ok, no problems,

maybe we should return to military rule, because the present 1999 constitution has been rendered impotent by the military because of the immunity clause and very controversial room for the legislators to manuever things, for example farouk lawans case whereby he admitted to have collected a money,but up till now he cant produce the money,and he is walking free is largely due to his constitutional right on immunity,and because of this constitutional rights, jonathan cannot force the legislators to act outside the constitution.and if jonathan seek an amendment to correct that,the legislators knows what they are up to hold the right to accept the amendment on the immunity or not.

so as it is now, not even pastor Adeboye or Alhaji Adegbite or name any perceived good man in the society that can change anything in this present nigeria.

so military rule is the only government that can address problems fast the way you want,but then you as a citizen hold no right to know whats going on in the government,because the government hold the right to manuever things the way they want without public knowledge.

and i think thats where you guys seem to be getting things wrong,democracy allows you and i to be heard when we critisize the govnment without fear or intimidation, we have access to imformation through press,and that is why we can evaluate things going on in the government ourselves,but this is a taboo in military rule because when they starve you of the knowledge of whats going on,they cover their tracks.
for example;
lets see buhari's brief profile,

Buhari moved to silence critics of his administration, passing decrees curbing press freedoms and allowing for opponents to be detained up to three months without formal charges.

He also banned strikes and lockouts by workers

and founded Nigeria's first secret police force, the National Security Organization.

His government sentenced popular musician and political critic Fela Kuti to ten years in prison on charges that Amnesty International denounced as fabricated and politically motivated

Kuti was later pardoned and released by Buhari's successor IBB.

In another high-profile incident that sparked a diplomatic incident with Britain, British officials found Buhari's former transportation minister drugged in a crate marked for shipment to Lagos.

just because its not fresh in the memory of many does not portray buhari a better man for nigeria.

i actualy served as NYSC in his hometown Daura in katsina state,his 2 yrs rule as president is not even evident in the town, the illiteracy level in the town is another topic,as many are not even encouraged to go to school.

i dont have anything against the man,but pastor Bakare is just fighting only for his selfish ambition but playing on the emotion of frustrated nigerian to achieve this.but the profile of who bakare is fighting for is a 'die hard jihadist' 'born to rule activist'.lets tread softly pls.

a very simple question
do we have democracy in nigeria now?
we are in the period of GENESIS CHAPTER 1, where there was no other.

you need buhari as a person to rule at the top
Re: Pastor Bakare Hits Harder: “down, Down Jonathan” by 1025: 3:24pm On Jul 05, 2012
thank you brother, we all want change but not the way bakare wants it to come, all u get when u oppose bakare statements are abuses from his supporters. like i said earlier nigerians voted jonathan in, if bakare has a better plan for the people he should let us know, tell us how he intends to solve the power problems, the cooruption in police, the coruption in the civil service, agriculture, banking sector, manufacturing, water, infrastructure etc.let him raise money, tour nigeria, attract volunteers to help him and contest in 2015. is jonathan perfect?no, but its very easy to criticize the present government, hitler did same and we all know what he did when he became the leader of germany, mugabe did same too in zimbabwe. nigeria needs leaders who will lead, who have ideas on how to solve the problems facing us, not people who will play on the sentiments of the people by taking cheap shots on the sitting government.

@greaterlove,
please in a very simple sentence(s), outline those plans of jonathan that made nigerians vote him.
there are just two major problems in nigeria and they are; 1. corruption and 2. power supply.
security and infrastructures will all be in place with little efforts if we have power supply and delete or reduce corruption to the minimum.
look at nigeria, it is a show of shame. we have a very weak and corrupt senate and house of reps. how can a country be led by laws made by these set of law breakersmakers? look at the present set of rulers in and tell me where our future lies. did u hear the pdp national chairma(bamanga tukur ) say that edo state election is a must win? is what jonathan did in bayelsa election not example of the free and fair elections preached in the country where citizens are denied their rights to vote and be voted for?
Re: Pastor Bakare Hits Harder: “down, Down Jonathan” by realBerni: 4:55pm On Jul 05, 2012
@KUNLEKUNLE,

a very simple question
do we have democracy in nigeria now?
we are in the period of GENESIS CHAPTER 1, where there was no other.

you need buhari as a person to rule at the top
yes we have democracy, and give just one country that its democracy was very smooth from the on-set, just one please,im waiting.....

and from your statements i can see that you have little experience in life, evident in the way you breezed through the whole write-up.

anyway you cannot force buhari on anyone but yourself, thanks
Re: Pastor Bakare Hits Harder: “down, Down Jonathan” by kunlekunle: 5:40pm On Jul 05, 2012
real_Berni: @KUNLEKUNLE,

yes we have democracy, and give just one country that its democracy was very smooth from the on-set, just one please,im waiting.....

and from your statements i can see that you have little experience in life, evident in the way you breezed through the whole write-up.

anyway you cannot force buhari on anyone but yourself, thanks

you seems educated but you cant apply what you learnt, thoeretical knowledge does much harm.
democracy is the govt of the people by the people and for the people.
you dont know when a nation has deviated from its course.
now in nigeria we have oligarch.
govt of the few (elites)

i was very much around in buhari/idiagbon era. i condemned it then, when i realised how wrong i was. i was sorry for myself and the nation.
Re: Pastor Bakare Hits Harder: “down, Down Jonathan” by realBerni: 7:58pm On Jul 05, 2012
@kunlekunle,

you ask me a question,and i have answered yes, and i ask you a question below;

but instead you have not answered, NAME ONE COUTRY THAT RUN GOOD DEMOCRACY NOW THAT THEIR DEMOCRACY NEVER EXPERIENCED EVEN WORSE THAN WHAT WE HAVE NOW, YOUR ANSWER BELOW IS NOT ADDRESSING THAT;

i was very much around in buhari/idiagbon era. i condemned it then, when i realised how wrong i was. i was sorry for myself and the nation.

anyway you gave your own opinion,that what is being run in nigeria is oligarchy, but where were you when IBB/ABACHA were despotic?

do you even know the full defination and 'application' of oligarchy system of government? let me give you the defination,and countries that run it and compare if they are not better than Nigeria;

first,
oligarchy fully defined and applied;

An oligarchy is a ruling body composed of a committee of shared leadership. In most cases, the members of an oligarchy share leadership in a sort of bureaocracy that allows different people absolute power over certain aspects of government. It has been argued that [size=14pt]Communism as established in Russia and China can be considered an oligarchy because the governing body, the Politboro, makes most decisions and its members tend to have lengthy terms.[/size] The difference between an oligarchy and a democracy is that the shared leadership is not dependent upon the will of the people. Members of an oligarchy achieve their leadership through selection from within the already established members. Therefore, an oligarchy is actually a form of shared dictatorship in which the people have a limited role in the government.

pls again,name one country that operates smooth democracy without first undergo what nigeria is going thhrough now, just one, no name calling.
Re: Pastor Bakare Hits Harder: “down, Down Jonathan” by kunlekunle: 5:33am On Jul 06, 2012
real_Berni: @kunlekunle,

you ask me a question,and i have answered yes, and i ask you a question below;

but instead you have not answered, NAME ONE COUTRY THAT RUN GOOD DEMOCRACY NOW THAT THEIR DEMOCRACY NEVER EXPERIENCED EVEN WORSE THAN WHAT WE HAVE NOW, YOUR ANSWER BELOW IS NOT ADDRESSING THAT;

anyway you gave your own opinion,that what is being run in nigeria is oligarchy, but where were you when IBB/ABACHA were despotic?

do you even know the full defination and 'application' of oligarchy system of government? let me give you the defination,and countries that run it and compare if they are not better than Nigeria;

first,
oligarchy fully defined and applied;

An oligarchy is a ruling body composed of a committee of shared leadership. In most cases, the members of an oligarchy share leadership in a sort of bureaocracy that allows different people absolute power over certain aspects of government. It has been argued that [size=14pt]Communism as established in Russia and China can be considered an oligarchy because the governing body, the Politboro, makes most decisions and its members tend to have lengthy terms.[/size] The difference between an oligarchy and a democracy is that the shared leadership is not dependent upon the will of the people. Members of an oligarchy achieve their leadership through selection from within the already established members. Therefore, an oligarchy is actually a form of shared dictatorship in which the people have a limited role in the government.

pls again,name one country that operates smooth democracy without first undergo what nigeria is going thhrough now, just one, no name calling.

i'll define oligarchy for you.
govt of the people by the few for the small few.
do away with text book knowledge, think what you are thought.
my definition and yours are the same.
compare PDP with your definition
Re: Pastor Bakare Hits Harder: “down, Down Jonathan” by bestview: 6:26am On Jul 06, 2012
Average Yoruba power monger. You will be disappointed
Re: Pastor Bakare Hits Harder: “down, Down Jonathan” by realBerni: 8:45am On Jul 06, 2012
@kunlekunle,

sir,you have not answered my question for the 3rd time despite answering your with examples,again, [size=14pt]NAME ONE COUNTRY THAT RUN GOOD DEMOCRACY NOW, THAT THEIR DEMOCRACY NEVER EXPERIENCED EVEN WORSE THAN WHAT WE HAVE NOW IN NIGERIA,

YOUR ANSWER BELOW IS NOT ADDRESSING THAT;
[/size]
i'll define oligarchy for you.
govt of the people by the few for the small few.
do away with text book knowledge, think what you are thought.
my definition and yours are the same.
compare PDP with your definition

pls just one country.
Re: Pastor Bakare Hits Harder: “down, Down Jonathan” by kunlekunle: 9:51am On Jul 06, 2012
you are ignorant of the fact.
politics 101
no country in the world practices democracy on its own it does not work.
even where it started you can see the poblem, when legislator can vote themselves omney from the treasury, then demcracy is dead. they will drain the treasury.
Re: Pastor Bakare Hits Harder: “down, Down Jonathan” by realBerni: 1:19pm On Jul 06, 2012
@kunlekunle,

since you have failed for the 4th time now to produce one country that practice democracy without

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

INEC Sacks Two For Denying Non-Indigenes PVC Collection In Lagos / Saraki ‘Under Intense Pressure’ To Step Down For Atiku / Osun Youths Protest High Cost Of Living

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 163
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.