Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,799 members, 7,810,076 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:09 PM

Pastor Bakare Hits Harder: “down, Down Jonathan” - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pastor Bakare Hits Harder: “down, Down Jonathan” (23731 Views)

Ghana Pulls Down Jonathan, Buhari Billboards / 2015: Be Patient, I Won’t Let You Down, Jonathan Tells Campaign Groups / Boko-Haram's Plot To Shoot-down Jonathan’s Plane Foiled (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Bakare Hits Harder: “down, Down Jonathan” by Nobody: 4:38am On Jul 02, 2012
Fiery Pastor Tunde Bakare, who was last week declared wanted by the State Investigation Bureau over a sermon proclaiming President Jonathan as determined to bankrupt Nigeria, today hit even harder in his latest sermon.

Mr. Bakare, who heads the Latter Rain Assembly, began on a musical note, imploring the congregation to join him in singing a popular Pentecostal retreat song that inserted “Jonathan” into the lyrics.

Let us carry Jesus up and throw Jonathan away. Up, up Jesus; down, down Jonathan,” the pastor proclaimed, warming into his sermon this Sunday.

Wanted by the SIB over a recent sermon, Pastor Bakare told his congregation that the letter inviting him to attest to the rippling sermon he gave last week arrived while he was

away in Ukraine. He said he had defied the advice of many who counseled that he should not return when he was being sought by the government’s security department.

“I received lots of calls and I was advised not to come to Nigeria until Monday, but I have nothing [to hide],” Mr. Bakare announced, narrating his experience of last week.

The pastor also reacted to the news of a N25 billion lawsuit reportedly filed against him by a firm owned by oil magnate Femi Otedola over the pastor’s statement accusing Otedola of fraud in last week’s sermon.

“I am now in the country for anyone that is looking for me,” said Mr. Bakare, adding, “Let him bring his lawsuit so that we can put his integrity to the test.” Mr. Bakare stated, “He wants to see the lawyer in me.”

Mr. Bakare also announced that his church was planning a prayer event for the nation this July, adding that the fraudulent party and people in power would be swept away for a new dawn in the nation, come Nigeria’s next national anniversary in October.

I invite the South, the North, the East and the West on the 22nd of July to join us in sweeping off the frauds in the government of Nigeria. Only the foolish will wait for 2015 or 2020. We are throwing the corrupt people out of power. July will be intense for them, August will be more intense for them and September will be the darkest night that will usher in the new dawn for Nigeria,” he declared as he raised his voice.

Last Sunday, Pastor Tunde Bakare had claimed in his sermon that President Goodluck Jonathan’s destiny was to run the nation bankrupt. The SIB had reportedly sought to invite Mr. Bakare for questioning, but he was away in Ukraine as the letter arrived. The SIB’s invitation has been widely perceived as an attempt to arrest and detain Pastor Bakare who was a vice presidential candidate to General Muhammadu Buhari (rtd).

Pastor Bakare gave assurances today that he did not flee the country to evade detectives, adding that he was back now and ready to receive those seeking him.

Source:http://saharareporters.com/news-page/pastor-bakare-hits-harder-%E2%80%9Cdown-down-jonathan%E2%80%9D

5 Likes

Re: Pastor Bakare Hits Harder: “down, Down Jonathan” by Beaf: 4:40am On Jul 02, 2012
Lol! The false prophet doing what he knows best... Clowning! grin
I wonder who is more ridiculous between him and El Rufai?

5 Likes

Re: Pastor Bakare Hits Harder: “down, Down Jonathan” by Gboliwe: 5:25am On Jul 02, 2012
If I were a member of his church, i'll be so disappointed in him. I come to church to get encouraged and sharpened with the word of God but sunday after sunday he feeds me hatred for a government that the bible says i should pray for. He lost an election, he shouldnt be that bitter, 2015 isnt too far even though i wont vote for him then too.
He should organise a politics gathering for his members and feed them his BS but on sundays, he should respect God and feed or attempt to feed my hungry soul

20 Likes

Re: Pastor Bakare Hits Harder: “down, Down Jonathan” by CyberG: 6:05am On Jul 02, 2012
^^LOL...people like you are the reason why I don't pity Nigerians who live in Nigeria and are suffering everyday! If a phony pastor had announced "prayer for the nation or the corrupt government of Goatluck", people like you and the heifer called beaf would be singing their praises to high heavens! Well, Nigerians should pay the full price for their stupidity, actions and inaction by the scourge leashed upon them by the useless and inept Jonathan government.

39 Likes

Re: Pastor Bakare Hits Harder: “down, Down Jonathan” by segunjowo(m): 6:45am On Jul 02, 2012
^^
Right. You are right my man. I lol@ Nigerian, who believe so much in prayers while their leaders loot on? We are soooo religious and sentimental that our common sense of reasoning's been clouded by ethnicity!
But then, I will only advise Pastor Tunde Bakare, like any powerful man who cares to listen, to thread softly, the land may be slippery.
smh @ Nigeria, a country of critics like toothless bulldogs.

4 Likes

Re: Pastor Bakare Hits Harder: “down, Down Jonathan” by peckhamboi: 6:55am On Jul 02, 2012
May God Bless Pastor Bakare, the Elijah of our Time.

16 Likes

Re: Pastor Bakare Hits Harder: “down, Down Jonathan” by Nobody: 6:55am On Jul 02, 2012
CyberG: ^^LOL...people like you are the reason why I don't pity Nigerians who live in Nigeria and are suffering everyday! If a phony pastor had announced "prayer for the nation or the corrupt government of Goatluck", people like you and the heifer called beaf would be singing their praises to high heavens! Well, Nigerians should pay the full price for their stupidity, actions and inaction by the scourge leashed upon them by the useless and inept Jonathan government.
CyberG: ^^LOL...people like you are the reason why I don't pity Nigerians who live in Nigeria and are suffering everyday! If a phony pastor had announced "prayer for the nation or the corrupt government of Goatluck", people like you and the heifer called beaf would be singing their praises to high heavens! Well, Nigerians should pay the full price for their stupidity, actions and inaction by the scourge leashed upon them by the useless and inept Jonathan government.

where were u and bakare when the northerners where rulling ? The pastor just came bak from Iran where he was given some billions to distabilize the gudluck government and cause havoc within christians. How many times has he prayd 4d govt? Hes a fake

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Bakare Hits Harder: “down, Down Jonathan” by CyberG: 7:07am On Jul 02, 2012
^^ One of the Goatluck moles with newly created IDs pretending to be a real person? Try again beaf clone, the joke is on you and the bottom sucker paymaster Denseluck!

5 Likes

Re: Pastor Bakare Hits Harder: “down, Down Jonathan” by Beaf: 7:10am On Jul 02, 2012
^
I can see the NL shiit fly is desperately seeking notice as usual. embarassed

@topic
If Tunde Bakare, the false prophet likes, he can continue to make a fool of himself, it won't turn Monday into Teusday and he will only look more and more of a red-eyed, stone throwing, false prophet.
Re: Pastor Bakare Hits Harder: “down, Down Jonathan” by abdurrazaq(m): 7:16am On Jul 02, 2012
emmydeep: [color=#000099][/color]
where were u and bakare when the northerners where rulling ? The pastor just came bak from Iran where he was given some billions to distabilize the gudluck government and cause havoc within christians. How many times has he prayd 4d govt? Hes a fake
Pray for the government? Which government? Any Nigerian praying for the Nigerian government is DIRECTLY cursing him/herself.
Pastor Tunde Bakare is a Nigerian and, has all the constitutional rights to criticize/praise he so wishes.

5 Likes

Re: Pastor Bakare Hits Harder: “down, Down Jonathan” by stokolie(m): 7:21am On Jul 02, 2012
no beef meant but he said ukraine not some islamic state iran.
on the topic,how many of us remember the pastor under Abacha,and obj government. i still remember he was declare wanted by sss, with his passport siezed under obj.for those who just know him from last election and the fuel subsidy rally,he has always been anti-bad governance.
i'm not his church member but one's dislike for a person shouldn't becloud there judgement when sometin comes from the fellow.
beside i can't seem to remember in the bible where MOG don't speak against bad governance.

27 Likes

Re: Pastor Bakare Hits Harder: “down, Down Jonathan” by Pukkah: 7:46am On Jul 02, 2012

This is a weighty allegation. If this is true, how come the government has not acted speedily? Or is this a figment of your imagination or the security forces in slumber as usual?

Answer please.

4 Likes

Re: Pastor Bakare Hits Harder: “down, Down Jonathan” by Alxmyr(m): 7:59am On Jul 02, 2012
bayooooooo: Mr. Bakare, who heads the Latter Rain Assembly, began on a musical note, imploring the congregation to join him in singing a popular Pentecostal retreat song that inserted “Jonathan” into the lyrics.

Let us carry Jesus up and throw Jonathan away. Up, up Jesus; down, down Jonathan,” the pastor proclaimed, warming into his sermon this Sunday.

I never like that song. I am sure children in Sunday school use it for exercise. I know when PTB was singing it, the congregation will be exercising their body by pointing up and down. Anyway, I think it is petty for PTB and his followers to have degenerated to that extent.

bayooooooo: The pastor also reacted to the news of a N25 billion lawsuit reportedly filed against him by a firm owned by oil magnate Femi Otedola over the pastor’s statement accusing Otedola of fraud in last week’s sermon.

“I am now in the country for anyone that is looking for me,” said Mr. Bakare, adding, “Let him bring his lawsuit so that we can put his integrity to the test.” Mr. Bakare stated, “He wants to see the lawyer in me.

I laugh at the bolded.
In the first instance, PTB will have to hire a lawyer, so there is no way anyone can see the lawyer in him. An empty boast that can only be eaten by half-bakes. Moreover, Otedola resorted to legal redress, which he is entitled to. So PTB get your lawyers and meet at court. Stop whining, provide your facts. You can not stand before people and cast aspersion on someone's integrity without having proofs.

bayooooooo:
Mr. Bakare also announced that his church was planning a prayer event for the nation this July, adding that the fraudulent party and people in power would be swept away for a new dawn in the nation, come Nigeria’s next national anniversary in October.

“I invite the South, the North, the East and the West on the 22nd of July to join us in sweeping off the frauds in the government of Nigeria. Only the foolish will wait for 2015 or 2020. We are throwing the corrupt people out of power. July will be intense for them, August will be more intense for them and September will be the darkest night that will usher in the new dawn for Nigeria,” he declared as he raised his voice.

Pastor Bakare gave assurances today that he did not flee the country to evade detectives, adding that he was back now and ready to receive those seeking him.

Source:http://saharareporters.com/news-page/pastor-bakare-hits-harder-%E2%80%9Cdown-down-jonathan%E2%80%9D

I am very worried by this. July, intense? How? August more intense? How? September will be darkest. How?
Is he saying, he will pray and answer the prayer at the same time. Or instruct God what should be done.
Pastor Bakare takes his hatred for the person of Jonathan very far.
Re: Pastor Bakare Hits Harder: “down, Down Jonathan” by Demdem(m): 8:08am On Jul 02, 2012
Beaf: Lol! The false prophet doing what he knows best... Clowning! grin

my friend shut up. he is now in Town. Ask those mothafuckers to go arrest him now for interrogation. he isnt a coward. also ask Otedollar to launch his case. Nonsense

[b]Down to a bloodsucking leader that told me not to panic when there are bomb blasts since terrorist attack happens worldwide.
Down to a glutonnous leader that eats approx a billion naira worth of food within a year in the midst of abject poverty.
Down to a liar of a leader who promises to curtail govt spendings but instead still enjoys travelling all over the world with battalions.
Down to a heartless leader who told me pointblank on a live program that he doesnt give a damn about any citizen's criticsm.
Down to a evil leader who has in his disposal the list of evil boko sponsors and has refused to act on them therby allowing my innocent countrymen to die in vain.
Down to a deceptive leader who preffers to jollificate with brazillian models while lying to us that he is in an earth summit when his coutrymen are being bombed to death
Down to a deceptive leader who feels having murderers, killers and bunkerers like Asari, Tompolo, Boyloaf and their kinds has non-portfolio advisers is the right way to go.
Down to a leader that sees IBB as his father
Down to the leader of the killer party.etc[/b]

42 Likes

Re: Pastor Bakare Hits Harder: “down, Down Jonathan” by walton1(m): 8:11am On Jul 02, 2012
This foolish man has come again after prophecing so many times doing OBJ's tenure obj still completed his 8 year tenure and still lives on, it seems this man has lost his calling instead of preaching a sermon of peace and love he his busy hating on GEJ, he is like those islamic doom prophet in the north who preach hate against christains and call them infidels, you and your bigots lost the election so shut your traps. I see him and el-rufai as introvet who should be ignored.

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Bakare Hits Harder: “down, Down Jonathan” by Nobody: 8:22am On Jul 02, 2012
What kind of im.be.c.il.es attend these churches with the likes of Bakare as pastors? Someone goes to church to hear the word of God, the Gospel of salvation, only to be fed political bile week in week out? Seriously, many people are lost and can never be saved. How can any sane 'Christian' be caught dead in Bakare's 'church'? The man is a bitter buffoon without ANY iota of credibility or godliness.

I wouldn't waste my tears for these clowns if Boko Haram finishes off the church and its useless pastor and congregation. Nonsense!

5 Likes

Re: Pastor Bakare Hits Harder: “down, Down Jonathan” by wandeay: 8:23am On Jul 02, 2012
pastor my foot, da realest fake pastor, mtcheeeeew!!!
Re: Pastor Bakare Hits Harder: “down, Down Jonathan” by kiyosaki1(m): 8:23am On Jul 02, 2012
Beaf: Lol! The false prophet doing what he knows best... Clowning! grin
Touch not my anointed and do my prophets any harm.Not surprise though, is expected from someone that have mortgage the destiny of his unborn generations for a morsel OF FRESH AIR

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Bakare Hits Harder: “down, Down Jonathan” by kiyosaki1(m): 8:26am On Jul 02, 2012
wandeay: pastor my foot, da realest fake pastor, mtcheeeeew!!!
But he is telling the truth

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Bakare Hits Harder: “down, Down Jonathan” by Beaf: 8:28am On Jul 02, 2012
kiyosaki1: Touch not my anointed and do my prophets any harm.Not surprise though, is expected from someone that have mortgage the destiny of his unborn generations for a morsel OF FRESH AIR

Keep that bulshiit to yourself and your false prophet.

And dude, please stop replying to my posts, I really don't appreciate those like you who sound like they've had a tragic accident with stup!dity.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Bakare Hits Harder: “down, Down Jonathan” by Biggyd2: 8:29am On Jul 02, 2012
Has this man said anything different from what most Nigerians are saying? I am of the belief that if our religious leaders are able to tell their congregation( especially those in government)when they err, Nigeria will be a better place to live. When they come to these religious places 'to try and free their corrupt consciences' the preachers should still tell them how the people feel about them.

4 Likes

Re: Pastor Bakare Hits Harder: “down, Down Jonathan” by Nobody: 8:30am On Jul 02, 2012
The mouth of the Lord has spoken , the Zeal of the Lord shall accomplish it.
Re: Pastor Bakare Hits Harder: “down, Down Jonathan” by adonisyung(m): 8:30am On Jul 02, 2012
He is very sure of what he is saying......with boko harram on dia side dey can bring down d country by october.....watch and see

1 Like

Re: Pastor Bakare Hits Harder: “down, Down Jonathan” by ifihearam: 8:31am On Jul 02, 2012
Inasmuch as I respect bakare for his concrete criticisms,he is way too far taking GEJ case seriously,I wonder when last he preached on the word of God other than condeming and tongue lashing the person of GEJ. He should be ashamed to be patbering with the monster buhari and concentrate more on the expansion of his church to atleast have another branch.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Bakare Hits Harder: “down, Down Jonathan” by Demdem(m): 8:33am On Jul 02, 2012
adonisyung: He is very sure of what he is saying......with boko harram on dia side dey can bring down d country by october.....watch and see

Evil Boko = Killer PARTY (PDP)

as stated by the former NSA Azazi. Bamangar Tukur confirmed this by speaking on behalf of Evil Boko itself.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Bakare Hits Harder: “down, Down Jonathan” by ayox2003: 8:33am On Jul 02, 2012
wandeay: pastor my foot, da realest fake pastor, mtcheeeeew!!!

What makes him fake? He held a rally for GEJ to be installed as the president when Yar Adua was ill.

Rejected the 50,000dollars transport fare bribe from the same GEJ.

How does this make him fake?

Any allegations against him till now?

Honestly, Nigerians deserve the leaders they have. Naive set of people!

While other pastors are changing wives and buying island with billions. Someone is sticking to good governance and you are calling him fake.

I'm sorry to use this word. But Nigerians are Mumu.

Frawzey

22 Likes

Re: Pastor Bakare Hits Harder: “down, Down Jonathan” by Beaf: 8:37am On Jul 02, 2012
ayox2003:

What makes him fake? He held a rally for GEJ to be installed as the president when Yar Adua was ill.

Rejected the 50,000dollars transport fare bribe from the same GEJ.

How does this make him fake?

Any allegations against him till now?

Honestly, Nigerians deserve the leaders they have. Naive set of people!

Frawzey

This is an example false prophesy:

The coming Together of the Sons of Turmoil
Now showing in all cinema's. Doh!

"I will continue to show openly and inside me the total commitment to the Sharia movement that is sweeping all over Nigeria," Buhari said, quoted in press reports.

"God willing, we will not stop the agitation for the total implementation of the Sharia in the country,"

- Gen. Buhari

Revealing a chilling prophetic vision, Bakare said: "Neither [size=14pt]Buhari [/size] nor IBB nor Obasanjo nor Atiku will be part of the new Nigeria. They are part of the old that has decayed and is still decaying. The new is coming forth. It is the counsel of the Lord that shall stand in this nation. [size=14pt]Until the sons of turmoil destroy themselves, this nation will not know peace[/size]."

- "Pastor" Tunde Bakare

https://www.nairaland.com/597949/now-cinema-near-sons-turmoil

What did Tunde Bakare do next, after claiming to have heard from the Spirit of God? He joined Buhari's political camp! shocked
[size=14pt]Tunde Bakare is a false prophet and a demon.[/size]
cool

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Bakare Hits Harder: “down, Down Jonathan” by chykenny: 8:37am On Jul 02, 2012
Hello guys

I ram really disappointed in you guys who think bakare is not doing the right thing, if you are a christian and have read your bible very well,i am sure your little brain could still remember what moses did.

Instead of you to castigate the main man BAKARE you rather use your ill-fated rotten mouth and hands to do something that will be beneficial for your entire self and not your family cos i know that will too big and hard for you

RIDE ON BAKARE

if not got bakare and his group will Jonathan be given the mandate to continue from yaradua when he was sick.... pls come let me do a transplant for with little of my nephew brain you will be much better than you are now

8 Likes

Re: Pastor Bakare Hits Harder: “down, Down Jonathan” by Biggyd2: 8:40am On Jul 02, 2012
Demdem:

my friend shut up. he is now in Town. Ask those mothafuckers to go arrest him now for interrogation. he isnt a coward. also ask Otedollar to launch his case. Nonsense

[b]Down to a bloodsucking leader that told me not to panic when there are bomb blasts since terrorist attack happens worldwide.
Down to a glutonnous leader that eats approx a billion naira worth of food within a year in the midst of abject poverty.
Down to a liar of a leader who promises to curtail govt spendings but instead still enjoys travelling all over the world with battalions.
Down to a heartless leader who told me pointblank on a live program that he doesnt give a damn about any citizen's criticsm.
Down to a evil leader who has in his disposal the list of evil boko sponsors and has refused to act on them therby allowing my innocent countrymen to die in vain.
Down to a deceptive leader who preffers to jollificate with brazillian models while lying to us that he is in an earth summit when his coutrymen are being bombed to death
Down to a deceptive leader who feels having murderers, killers and bunkerers like Asari, Tompolo, Boyloaf and their kinds has non-portfolio advisers is the right way to go.
Down to a leader that sees IBB as his father
Down to the leader of the killer party.etc[/b]

Bros, read this Jedi Jedi artcle make you update your list jare :http://mobile.saharareporters.com/column/jonathan-don’t-give-damn-jedi-jedi-presidency-sonala-olumhense

No forget to join the part where presido aquire plenty moni motoka

1 Like

Re: Pastor Bakare Hits Harder: “down, Down Jonathan” by floxy82: 8:41am On Jul 02, 2012
i wonder the kind of sermon such a man of God is giving to his members.filling their hearts with so much hatred.wy was d prayer not held b4 d election so his party cld win?
Re: Pastor Bakare Hits Harder: “down, Down Jonathan” by kiyosaki1(m): 8:43am On Jul 02, 2012
Beaf: ^
I can see the NL shiit fly is desperately seeking notice as usual. embarassed

@topic
If Tunde Bakare, the false prophet likes, he can continue to make a fool of himself, it won't turn Monday into Teusday and he will only look more and more of a red-eyed, stone throwing, false prophet.
Are you sure your are not suffering from the diarrhea of the mouth ?.Remember that bible verse "Touch not my anointed, and do my prophets no harm ".Every unguarded statement you make against an anointed man of God, will stand against you when you stand alone on the judgement day to be judge by your creator .Don't because of what you are gaining today from FRESH AIR lose your tomorrow, a word they say is enough for the wise and It's a foolish fly that follow deadi body enter grave be warn
Re: Pastor Bakare Hits Harder: “down, Down Jonathan” by Beaf: 8:44am On Jul 02, 2012
^
Keep that talk for fools like yourself, bro.

Let me tell you the truth by the spirit of God, neither (President Olusegun Obasanjo), OBJ, Atiku (Abubakar), IBB and this tall one, (Muhammadu) Buhari are part of the new. They are part of the old that is decaying. That old one is passing away. The new is emerging and these ones are not part of that new.”

- Tunde Bakare

What did Tunde Bakare do after this? He joined Buhari!
Is he not mocking the Spirit of God?

The man is a false prophet who steals from the poor and weak.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Reno Omokri Mocks Bashir Ahmad For Celebrating "Buharism" As A Political Term / Qatar Makes U-Turn, Accepts Nigeria's Proposed Business Meeting / Pls How Do I Get To Ajao Estate From Ikeja?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.