Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,451 members, 7,816,049 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

Why Do Men Cheat? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Men Cheat? (12743 Views)

Why Do Men Cheat??? / Which African Men Cheat The Most? / Now I Have Seen The Reason Some Married Men Cheat On Their Wives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Men Cheat? by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jul 03, 2012
Billyonaire: Seriously, I dont know why I cheat.
I think it's due to a number of factors starting with the cultural. It's all around us and really it's seen as a thing of pride to 'command' a bevy of beauties. This builds on the collective male psyche to the point where it becomes a contest between men. Then there's the biological POV where testoterone unchecked just wants to dig anything in sight. Then the whole natural instinct to populate.

It is worthy of note, howver, that a man should be very careful how he brandishes his faithfulness and/or 'faithfulability' to his woman. To the right woman this is a plus, to the wrong one this is a tool of exploitation.
Re: Why Do Men Cheat? by luckgames(m): 6:02pm On Jul 03, 2012
fresh_dude: I think it's due to a number of factors starting with the cultural. It's all around us and really it's seen as a thing of pride to 'command' a bevy of beauties. This builds on the collective male psyche to the point where it becomes a contest between men. Then there's the biological POV where testoterone unchecked just wants to dig anything in sight. Then the whole natural instinct to populate.

It is worthy of note, howver, that a man should be very careful how he brandishes his faithfulness and/or 'faithfulability' to his woman. To the right woman this is a plus, to the wrong one this is a tool of exploitation.
Are you AOK?
Please address both sex
Re: Why Do Men Cheat? by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jul 03, 2012
luckgames:
Are you AOK?
Please address both sex
@Lucky I'm somewhat bewildered that you don't find me of sound mind(that perhaps says something unflattering about your soundness itself). If you read the first post you'd know that my response was/is in order. Seek #Jennykadry of the family section, she possesses the address to your cure.
Re: Why Do Men Cheat? by dasparrow: 6:07pm On Jul 03, 2012
Peterson1993: What de heck is going on here. I was suppose to expect "why do women cheat". Men cheating is no problem at all. It is normal. It is even often referred to as multiple courtship. But the female cheating is the crime itself. I can Marry 32 wives if I want to but how many ladies can boost of that. If they can't, then what is the main essence keeping dual or multiple men.

This kind of mindset is why Africa is the HIV/AIDS capital of the world. This kind of mindset is why there are increasing number of people who no longer want to get married because there is no need deceiving oneself that one is in a monogamous relationship with one's spouse while the spouse runs all over town picking up STIs all over the place like a dog picking up fleas. This kind of mindset is the reason why there are so many African children growing up in loveless and poverty stricken homes. This kind of mindset is why the family unit is in shambles. This kind of mindset is why Nigeria as a country will continue to languish in poverty. It is a well known fact that most countries that encourage polygamy are third world countries where poverty reigns supreme.

@Post

Many men (especially Nigerian/African ones)cheat because of the following reasons:

1. Lack of self control / self restraint

2. Lack of the fear of God (Adulterers will not inherit the kingdom of heaven but they will certainly inherit syphillis, HIV/AIDS, clymedia and the likes while on earth)

3. African culture encourages infidelity and so the men get away with it yet the same African culture forces people to get married. What an irony! Why marry if you can't stay faithful to one spouse? who wants to exchange body fluids with multiple partners in this day and age when STIs abound?

4. Many men especially in Nigeria and Africa are possessed by the demonic spirit of LUST. Even if you give them sex 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, they will still cheat.

So there you have it!

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Cheat? by luckgames(m): 6:14pm On Jul 03, 2012
fresh_dude: @Lucky I'm somewhat bewildered that you don't find me of sound mind(that perhaps says something unflattering about your soundness itself). If you read the first post you'd know that my response was/is in order. Seek #Jennykadry of the family section, she possesses the address to your cure.
You are bewildered that I ask you a question?
That mentality need to change
I will respond to Jennykadry after reading her posting
Re: Why Do Men Cheat? by nasty45(m): 6:15pm On Jul 03, 2012
Ranoscky:
because, women also fvck different pricks. Gerrit?
baba wetin b ur brand?U MK BRAIN WELLA
Re: Why Do Men Cheat? by StepG: 6:22pm On Jul 03, 2012
DailyNews: Men are adventurous in nature, but the modern culture and norms ignored this. Looking at the past, men married more than one wives cos it is natural for a man to desire to own more than one woman, but then, modern civilization and religion has made it more civil for a man to marry one wife, and hence, he tries to obey the law of nature by cheating with other females while having one as the legally recognized person. So to say, women are born with lower libido than men, and tend to be more satisfied with one caring partner than with multiple partners. Note that a woman only cheats when she is with the wrong man who doesn't care much about her and meet all her emotional, financial, and mental needs. but a man irrespective of how much his wife or girlfriend cares about him or irrespective of the fact that he is with his dream girl, will still have the tendency to cheat except he has an extreme self-control and conscious of his personality, image, etc...or for other reasons including financial and spiritual.....
most intelligent answer Thumbs up.
Re: Why Do Men Cheat? by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jul 03, 2012
dasparrow:

This kind of mindset is why Africa is the HIV/AIDS capital of the world. This kind of mindset is why there are increasing number of people who no longer want to get married because there is no need deceiving oneself that one is in a monogamous relationship with one's spouse while the spouse runs all over town picking up STIs all over the place like a dog picking up fleas. This kind of mindset is the reason why there are so many African children growing up in loveless and poverty stricken homes. This kind of mindset is why the family unit is in shambles. This kind of mindset is why Nigeria as a country will continue to languish in poverty. It is a well known fact that most countries that encourage polygamy are third world countries where poverty reigns supreme.

@Post

Many men (especially Nigerian/African ones)cheat because of the following reasons:

1. Lack of self control / self restraint

2. Lack of the fear of God (Adulterers will not inherit the kingdom of heaven but they will certainly inherit syphillis, HIV/AIDS, clymedia and the likes while on earth)

3. African culture encourages infidelity and so the men get away with it yet the same African culture forces people to get married. What an irony! Why marry if you can't stay faithful to one spouse? who wants to exchange body fluids with multiple partners in this day and age when STIs abound?

4. Many men especially in Nigeria and Africa are possessed by the demonic spirit of LUST. Even if you give them sex 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, they will still cheat.

So there you have it!
Christos. Nigga please, and your so called beacons of civilisation are brimming with faithful spouses? We know you've travelled all around the world, but that does not endow you with any special wisdom and/or knowledge. I bet Bill Clinton/Berlusconi are blacks who disguised as whiteys right?
Re: Why Do Men Cheat? by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jul 03, 2012
luckgames:
You are bewildered that I ask you a question?
That mentality need to change
I will respond to Jennykadry after reading her posting
Perhaps you should have chosen your words more carefully. I had an inkling that I might have misconstrued the crux your post.
Re: Why Do Men Cheat? by luckgames(m): 6:31pm On Jul 03, 2012
fresh_dude: Perhaps you should have chosen your words more carefully. I had an inkling that I might have misconstrued the crux your post.
Nigerian big man mentality
If you come online remember you don't know the other person on the other end
I am not a kid , but a grown a?? man
So go play
Re: Why Do Men Cheat? by candy82(m): 6:36pm On Jul 03, 2012
::Andrew:::

angry angry angry angry angry

and girls are the saints right?
yes You r rite who dash dem saint full Ơ̴̴͡f deceit Ooº°˚!Ơ̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴̴͡ no evil run frm evil
Re: Why Do Men Cheat? by jusbal(m): 6:38pm On Jul 03, 2012
i guess dis topic is not debatable........
Re: Why Do Men Cheat? by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jul 03, 2012
luckgames:
Nigerian big man mentality
If you come online remember you don't know the other person on the other end
I am not a kid , but a grown a?? man
So go play
My last post revealed the reason for the 'errant' post but I guess comprehension is a bitcch. As per your instruction, thank you uncle I was already bored anyway.
Re: Why Do Men Cheat? by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jul 03, 2012
h
Re: Why Do Men Cheat? by luckgames(m): 6:44pm On Jul 03, 2012
sosoluv:
In short an indecisive boy blames it on his libido and a secure man takes responsibilty and he is comfortable and intelligent enough to know that all he could ever need in a woman is support, loyalty and of course intimacy (in bed)...wch jus requires one woman smiley

You not pretty so expect your man to cheat
I don't want to be disrespectful but I have to go there
Sorry
Re: Why Do Men Cheat? by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jul 03, 2012
Re: Why Do Men Cheat? by kaboninc(m): 6:57pm On Jul 03, 2012
Well to me I think it doesn't just apply to the male folks but also to the females too. However, there are a thousand and one reasons why we cheat. Too many to mention.

Sidenote:hardly will you find a thread without an insult!
Re: Why Do Men Cheat? by luckgames(m): 6:58pm On Jul 03, 2012
sosoluv:
Sweetness go try abuse some insecure girl... Any man who chooses a woman on the basis of how she looks alone is not worth keeping. Well to you I'm not pretty, but a million other men and to myself I am a bombshell....the truth can be a b*tch, jus deal with it loser

Sorry Girl
I am a winner
Re: Why Do Men Cheat? by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jul 03, 2012
n0
Re: Why Do Men Cheat? by malaria(f): 7:07pm On Jul 03, 2012
@op,

Ijuta isi nkita,iwere akpa ya sie gini?
Re: Why Do Men Cheat? by adesinakehinde: 7:48pm On Jul 03, 2012
Men cheat because it is their nature ti cheat. Even when dey r so much in love with uuuuu...
Re: Why Do Men Cheat? by komek(m): 8:26pm On Jul 03, 2012
We cheat because it is biblically and culturally our right τ̅☺ cheat.
Re: Why Do Men Cheat? by kpolli(m): 8:43pm On Jul 03, 2012

i wonder ooo
Re: Why Do Men Cheat? by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jul 03, 2012
zs0 dn
Re: Why Do Men Cheat? by karpentar: 9:26pm On Jul 03, 2012
Men cheat because, women bother so much about it.
Re: Why Do Men Cheat? by luckgames(m): 9:28pm On Jul 03, 2012
sosoluv: So u see OP its up to u to choose the yam head that thinks cheating is part of their nature or a right. or a sensible guy who can confide in his woman and be satisfied wit her alone
Do you want to cheat with me?
We will keep it on the DL
Re: Why Do Men Cheat? by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jul 03, 2012
x
Re: Why Do Men Cheat? by luckgames(m): 9:32pm On Jul 03, 2012
sosoluv:
I don't engage myself in any form of relationship with low lives smiley
You call me low live?
just you and me girl
pick the place and I will meet you there
Re: Why Do Men Cheat? by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jul 03, 2012
,zsx21
Re: Why Do Men Cheat? by luckgames(m): 9:38pm On Jul 03, 2012
sosoluv:
Go fly a kite
What about flying your Kite with you
Can you do it
Meeting place, time and date
I am having a ball
We are in two different world
The have and have not!!!!!!!!!
intelligent your a??
Re: Why Do Men Cheat? by emsquare(m): 10:17pm On Jul 03, 2012

Help me ask am ooo
Re: Why Do Men Cheat? by stronger9: 10:19pm On Jul 03, 2012
it is shameful that men cheat but who do you blame. we are not the creators of ourselves.you tell ur self that u will not cheat again after one sexual excapade, then after two days u start feeling the urge for sex again.
you have a wife who regards sex as something that should be done once a month, but ur libido say twice a week. what will u do? who do u blame.
the only answer is that it is in the nature of man to have more than one sex partner.a wise woman must accept this to be happy in her marriage. the fact that a man has a girlfriend outside does not mean that he does not love his wife, it only means that that is who we are. some men do not cheat because they are broke or there is no opportunity. give them either, and u see the real man

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Single Vs Dating: Who Is Happier? / Handsomeness Of Nairaland Dudes-part Two / When You Are Bored Of Sleeping With Your Boyfriend Or Girlfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.