Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,114 members, 7,811,134 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:47 AM

Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? - Culture (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? (11260 Views)

How Are Your Older Folks Responding To New Technology? / Kegites Club: Unity In Diversity...please Introduce Urself And Ur Ilya / Question To The Fulani Folks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jul 05, 2012
anonymous6:

No a european doesn't have to teach me, I never said a european has to lol

If an European didn't teach you, then you're Afrocentric because you're African..

That's the definition of Afrocentrism...

I think you're confusing Afrocentrism with black hebrew lol.
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by anonymous6(f): 5:41pm On Jul 05, 2012
shymmex:

If an European didn't teach you, then you're Afrocentric because you're African..

That's the definition of Afrocentrism...

I think you're confusing Afrocentrism with black hebrew lol.

didn't a european teach you based on your logic but no I am not a afrocentric
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jul 05, 2012
Good Thread.
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by anonymous6(f): 5:43pm On Jul 05, 2012
shymmex:

So, you're a freaking nurse lol... grin grin grin grin

Just do you, and look after your patients - this topic is out of your depth..

i am in the process of going to Medical school to be a doctor, so no it isn't beyond my limits. My profession is my profession

plus I am not going to be bullied out of my opinion, you guys stay with your beliefs and I stay with mine. based on your views I suggest you assimilate with black diasporians, they are coming for your defense; you should help progress their community due to the passionate anger you have.

1 Like

Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jul 05, 2012
anonymous6:
Thats your problem, I won't be a shamed for your my views but that doesn't equate me for being a bitter person. You and shymmex share the same ideals so it doesn't surprise me lol

My scholarship is what's wrong with that continent...

Tell me one great African that didn't share the same 'ideal' as mine..

Patrice Lumumba, Sekou Toure, Steve biko - and you know what happened to them, huh?

They were killed in cold blood by the oppressor..

2 Likes

Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by anonymous6(f): 5:47pm On Jul 05, 2012
shymmex:

My scholarship is what's wrong with that continent...

Tell me one great African that didn't share the same 'ideal' as mine..

Patrice Lumumba, Sekou Toure, Steve biko - and you know what happened to them, huh?

They were killed in cold blood by the oppressor..

Steven biko was killed for defending Black south Africans, my father has the book

I have respect for the man

1 Like

Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jul 05, 2012
anonymous6:

didn't a european teach you based on your logic but no I am not a afrocentric

An European didn't teach me my history, I'll never let him teach me my history - after he committed the biggest crime ever by wiping my history out of the history books..
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by anonymous6(f): 5:48pm On Jul 05, 2012
shymmex:

An European didn't teach me my history, I'll never let him teach me my history - after he committed the biggest crime ever by wiping my history out of the history books..

who said a European has to teach you anything, lol; you don't have parents or can't take it upon yourself(which I also did mind you). I know I never said they have to. So you were born and raised in the western world and based on your knowledge you didn't go to school from elementary to college/university

Now I know why many Nigerians don't get along with you and why their will never be any black unity world wide, you proved my point.
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jul 05, 2012
anonymous6:
i am in the process of going to Medical school to be a doctor, so no it isn't beyond my limits. My profession is my profession

plus I am not going to be bullied out of my opinion, you guys stay with your beliefs and I stay with mine. based on your views I suggest you assimilate with black diasporians, they are coming for your defense; you should help progress their community due to the passionate anger you have.

Anger? grin

I'm not even angry at no one... Matter of fact, I have more white and Asian friends than blacks.... And you will never see me shout racism - because I lived through it, and seen it all... It's normal to me, but nothing can change my African mind, and the colour of my skin..

I also live around more white people, and there is no hate in my heart towards them...

I'm realist, and all the solutions I proffered are what Africa needs to move to the next level - take it, or leave it.
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jul 05, 2012
anonymous6:
Steven biko was killed for defending Black south Africans, my father has the book

I have respect for the man

Ok, do you know what Steve Biko said about Black Consciousness?

"Black Consciousness is in essence the realization by the black man of the need to rally together with his brothers around the cause of their operation - the blackness of their skin - and to operate as a group in order to rid themselves of the shackles that bind them to perpetual servitude." - Steve Biko

"Black Consciousness therefore takes cognizance of the deliberateness of God's plan in creating Black people black." - Steve Biko

^^^^That's the same thing I have been preaching to you... Solving African problems with an African mind..

Black Consciousness = Afrocentrism..

Steve Biko is the father of Afrocentrism. cool
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by anonymous6(f): 5:59pm On Jul 05, 2012
shymmex:

Anger? grin

I'm not even angry at no one... Matter of fact, I have more white and Asian friends than blacks.... And you will never see me shout racism - because I lived through it, and seen it all... It's normal to me, but nothing can change my African mind, and the colour of my skin..

I also live around more white people, and there is no hate in my heart towards them...

I'm realist, and all the solutions I proffered are what Africa needs to move to the next level - take it, or leave it.

I have asian, afro-caribbean, indian, arab and white european friends as well
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jul 05, 2012
anonymous6:
who said a European has to teach you anything, lol; you don't have parents or can't take it upon yourself(which I also did mind you). I know I never said they have to. So you were born and raised in the western world and based on your knowledge you didn't go to school from elementary to college/university

Now I know why many Nigerians don't get along with you and why their will never be any black unity world wide, you proved my point.

I have parents who taught the culture, and I also speak Yoruba fluently... But they never taught everything I need to know about my history... They never taught me everything about Oyo Empire, Benin Empire, Igbokwu, Nok, Kanem, Ghana Empire, Songhay, Dahomey, Timbuktu, Kemet, Nubia, Kush, Great Zimbabwe etc..

Those were self-taught.. and that's my history.. cool

Europeans taught me about how to meet the status quo in his world (We live in a Western Era), and I appreciate him for that because it's a whiteman's world at the moment..

But I'll never let them teach me my history. cool
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by anonymous6(f): 6:01pm On Jul 05, 2012
shymmex:

Ok, do you know what Steve Biko said about Black Consciousness?

^^^^That's the same thing I have been preaching to you... Solving African problems with an African mind..

Black Consciousness = Afrocentrism..

Steve Biko is the father of Afrocentrism. cool

You know there are different philosophies of afrocentrism
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jul 05, 2012
anonymous6:

You know there are different philosophies of afrocentrism

I'm from the Steve Biko philosophy, not the Black Hebrew, nor Rasta... I'm not a black Jew, neither is Ethiopia my promise land.. grin

My philosophy is solving African problems with an African mind.

That's my Afrocentrism.
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by anonymous6(f): 6:05pm On Jul 05, 2012
shymmex:

I have parents who taught the culture, and I also speak Yoruba fluently... But they never taught everything I need to know about my history... They never taught me everything about Oyo Empire, Benin Empire, Igbokwu, Nok, Kanem, Ghana Empire, Songhay, Dahomey, Timbuktu, Kemet, Nubia, Kush, Great Zimbabwe etc..

Those were self-taught.. and that's my history.. cool

European taught me about how to meet the status quo in his world (We live in a Western Era), and I appreciate him for that because it's a whiteman's world at the moment..

But I'll never let him teach me my history. cool

the same with me my parents are yoruba, I can cook the foods, understand the language but not the best speaker because of my accent; My parents told me about the Oyo empire and I learned more on my own to the nok, Mali, ashanit(ghana), Nubia, great Zimbabwe.

That is good I had to teach myself to

I never had a european teach my history, lol; why would I?
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by anonymous6(f): 6:06pm On Jul 05, 2012
shymmex:

I'm from the Steve Biko philosophy, not the Black Hebrew, nor Rasta... I'm not a black Jew, neither is Ethiopia my promise land.. grin

My philosophy is solving African problems with an African mind.

That's my Afrocentrism.

Now you and me are in the same page or going some where
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jul 05, 2012
This quote answers the reason why we need to unite:

"Black Consciousness is in essence the realization by the black man of the need to rally together with his brothers around the cause of their operation - the blackness of their skin - and to operate as a group in order to rid themselves of the shackles that bind them to perpetual servitude." - Steve Biko
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jul 05, 2012
anonymous6:
the same with me my parents are yoruba, I can cook the foods, understand the language but not the best speaker because of my accent; My parents told me about the Oyo empire and I learned more on my own to the nok, Mali, ashanit(ghana), Nubia, great Zimbabwe.

That is good I had to teach myself to

I never had a european teach my history, lol; why would I?

But you read Eurocentric books, didn't you?

If you read; THE DESTRUCTION OF BLACK CIVILIZATION by Chancellor Williams (An African American) - then you will understand why Europe can never be trusted, and why black people around the world must unite...

The day we unite will be the day the Europeans will leave us alone..
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jul 05, 2012
anonymous6:

Now you and me are in the same page or going some where

Did you see where Steve Biko said we need you unite as a group, and align together based on our colour?

That was a quote from a 27 years old Steve Biko who saw into the future - he was a genius, but the whiteman was scared of him, and he had to kill him. sad
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by anonymous6(f): 6:18pm On Jul 05, 2012
shymmex: This quote answers the reason why we need to unite:

yes I understand but I want black Africans to do that amongst themselves; so they get it on their own or it will look hostile and won't help; Liberia is a very good example of that
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jul 05, 2012
anonymous6:
yes I understand but I want black Africans to do that amongst themselves; so they get it on their own or it will look hostile and won't help; Liberia is a very good example of that

The Liberian example isn't applicable here because African American upper class were imposed on the indigenous people in Libera to serve as a representative of USA imperialism in Liberia - that wasn't an alliance..

What we need is an alliance, not an imposition.
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by anonymous6(f): 6:24pm On Jul 05, 2012
shymmex:

But you read Eurocentric books, didn't you?

If you read; THE DESTRUCTION OF BLACK CIVILIZATION by Chancellor Williams (An African American) - then you will understand why Europe can never be trusted, and why black people around the world must unite...

The day we unite will be the day the Europeans will leave us alone..

I must admit I never read the book, but solely coming together based on color is not the solution right now as far as I am concerned. each community should start fixing their own problems separately, and if they feel to help other black communities but it shouldn't be forced as I said before. each community has their own mentality in moving forward, which doesn't mean one idea is wrong it just means their are different ways of going by it. I feel their are ways progression can happen with black Africans amongst themselves; Rome wasn't built in a day. This is why I believe in immediate things not a philosophy that isn't really possible. I care more of doing non-profit health care clinics to Nigeria then world wide black unity, it isn't a priority for me.

I have seen many threads like this and ends up the same way as far as I am concerned, Black Africans have a lot of problems don't add to it.

1 Like

Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jul 05, 2012
anonymous6:
I must admit I never read the book, but solely coming together based on color is not the solution right now as far as I am concerned. each community should start fixing their own problems separately, and if they feel to help other black communities but it shouldn't be forced as I said before. each community has their own mentality in moving forward, which doesn't mean one idea is worng it just means their are diferent ways of going by it. I feel their are ways progression can happen with black Africans amongst themselves; Rome wasn't built in a day

But we're also in the same struggle albeit we live in different continents..

Check our position on every social ladder in the world, and we're both at the bottom..
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jul 05, 2012
shymmex: Bunch of dim-witted and brainwashed coons...

....lol
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by anonymous6(f): 6:30pm On Jul 05, 2012
shymmex:

But we're also in the same struggle albeit we live in different continents..

Check our position on every social ladder in the world, and we're both at the bottom..

To a extent true, but the reason for it with black Africans vs. black Diasporas are different

I just think people need to accept full scale black unity worldwide is not possible(maybe winning awards or against racism I guess), Black Latinos are a example of people who want nothing to do with being Black.

p.s. have you've noticed that majority of the people commenting in this thread are not Black African, or Nigerian; this should tell you that many Nigerians don't see this as a priority.

1 Like

Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jul 05, 2012
This is why I believe in immediate things not a philosophy that isn't really possible. I care more of doing non-profit health care clinics to Nigeria then world wide black unity, it isn't a priority for me.

I have seen many threads like this and ends up the same way as far as I am concerned, Black Africans have a lot of problems don't add to it.

Your clinics won't solve Africa/Nigeria's problems... We need a top-down approach - not a bottom-up approach..

Our first task should be form alliance - getting away from Europeans... They take and never give back..

Brazil is one country with the 2nd largest black population in the world - and it has a healthy economy... We can start with Brazil...

The African American community also has a high purchasing power, we can exchanging idea, and doing things that can benefit both communities.. We can use use tourism, and new inclination towards African spirituality to reach out to them... many of them are moving towards African spirituality... And we can do the same with the Caribbeans and South Americans of African ancestry...

We in Europe are African immigrants/2nd generation, and Nigeria/Africa needs to reach out to us as well... Afro beat is creating an awareness now, but we need to do more. cool
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by anonymous6(f): 6:42pm On Jul 05, 2012
shymmex:

Your clinics won't solve Africa/Nigeria's problems... We need a top-down approach - not a bottom-up approach..

True, I never said it was but at least it is something to show results

shymmex:

Brazil is one country with the 2nd largest black population in the world - and it has a healthy economy... We can start with Brazil...

True, but the white Brazilians are benefiting from that

shymmex:
We in Europe are African immigrants/2nd generation, and Nigeria/Africa needs to reach out to us as well... Afro beat is creating an awareness now, but we need to do more. cool

True I agree

shymmex:

The African American community also has a high purchasing power, we can exchanging idea, and doing things that can benefit both communities.. We can use use tourism, and new inclination towards African spirituality to reach out to them... many of them are moving towards African spirituality... And we can do the same with the Caribbeans and South Americans of African ancestry...

Ghana and south Africa are already doing that with them

1 Like

Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jul 05, 2012
anonymous6:

To a extent true, but the reason for it with black Africans vs. black Diasporas are different

I just think people need to accept full scale black unity worldwide is not possible(maybe winning awards or against racism I guess), Black Latinos are a example of people who want nothing to do with being Black.

p.s. have you've noticed that majority of the people commenting in this thread are not Black African, or Nigerian; this should tell you that many Nigerians don't see this as a priority.

Nigerians have never seen anything to be a priority of be honest.. grin

Nigerians are just docile, and overly religious people who're just in this world to live and die - not the smartest group of people out there..

A look at the country will tell you all you need to know..

Their aim in life is just to write useless vocabulary, and get gazillion certificates, and shout "do you know who I'm?" everywhere... Bunch of dim-witted coons in a big for nothing shytehole.
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by anonymous6(f): 6:45pm On Jul 05, 2012
shymmex:

Nigerians have never seen anything to be a priority of be honest.. grin

Nigerians are just docile, and overly religious people who're just in this world to live and die - not the smartest group of people out there..

A look at the country will tell you all you need to know..

Their aim in life is just to write useless vocabulary, and get gazillion certificates, and shout "do you know who I'm?" everywhere... Bunch of dim-witted coons in a big for nothing shytehole.

I don't think it has anything to do with them being docile, I feel it is that fact they don't care. I remember at the Nigerian church I go to a Nigerian doctor came to ask people for donations for his clinic's and non-profit organization, which was legit many Nigerians gave him money that day because they saw that as important but when a youth from that same church was talking about what you said, it feel on deaf ears, they just weren't as interested.

1 Like

Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jul 05, 2012
True, but the white Brazilians are benefiting from that

White Brazilians don't see themselves as white because most of them have black blood in them.. They're just Brazilians.

1 Like

Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jul 05, 2012
anonymous6:

I don't think it has anything to do with them being docile, I feel it is that fact they don't care

When will they start caring?

Boko haram has bombed the shytehole to abyss, and they still don't care..

Corruption has created four wasted generations, yet the still don't care.. grin
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by anonymous6(f): 6:48pm On Jul 05, 2012
shymmex:

White Brazilians don't see themselves as white because most of them have black blood in them.. They're just Brazilians.

True but many of them refuse to admit and refuse to have connection to it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C11gIwOh2xs

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Addis Abeba, Ethiopia - The Prostitution Capital Of Africa / What Is The Pidgin Translation Of Your Native Name? / Book On The Ibibio Culture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.