Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,175 members, 7,811,428 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:23 AM

Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? (11263 Views)

How Are Your Older Folks Responding To New Technology? / Kegites Club: Unity In Diversity...please Introduce Urself And Ur Ilya / Question To The Fulani Folks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 3:31am On Jul 05, 2012
~Royal~:

The East Asian Part was perfect...

You bring up random acts of history and conflict between them, I have already wrote this is normal among people who inhabit the same land

However have The Chinese Lost Control of their Resources to White Rule?

No...

Chinese Population is actually so massive one "could" argue that their may be just as many Chinese World Wide as "Blacks"

Depending on what you Define as a Black Person

Yet look at the stability of China compared to The "BLack" Population

You people keep missing my "China" point......

And then Rant on endlessly about random "disputes" which have nothing to do with "Losing Racial Power"

The United States Fears China......

China owns "African" Resources as well...

China is no joke, and nothing to play with and will soon be the world's number one Super Power

Now Explain How "Blacks" are some how ahead of the Chinese When all the top "Black" governments are in Ruin?

...Ill Wait......

I brought up Chinese history and Asian relations to show that Asians are not naturally this monolithic group bound together by virtue of being "more genetically similar" as you roughly put it.

China has been unified for thousands of years by internal forces who saw it as a point of interest to have a vast nation devoid of tribal differences. They were not "genetically designed" to be more united. You therefore have a real nation with a solid history that has lasted millennia and has culturally, economically and militarily advanced as a result.

Compare this to Africa which has only just been recently comprised of artificial nation states by external forces, which, ironically, sees more good in driving ethnic differences than not.
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 3:36am On Jul 05, 2012
You just contradicted yourself...

Ok bro, let me explain it to you and simplify it

For the sake of Argument Lets say i have a House, and I live with my "3 brothers"

Now....

Me and my 3 Brothers can fight amongst ourselves ALLLLL we Want

Everyday

All Day....

Now if some guys who live down the street, come knocking at our door....

Long as we join forces to "keep our Home" "our land" and "our brotherhood" safe....none of the other fights matter

It's about holding down the Land...

It's about brotherhood...It's about "not selling out your own people"...

Random disputes among "family" is common

Ill ask you one more time...Has China Lost Control to Outside Racial Forces and "White Rule"

...Why not??....

Elephants fight amongst themselves....Let a Lion come near their young...and watch what happens..

Smh
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 3:38am On Jul 05, 2012
Genetically Designed is not what i was alluding to...

More like Perceptions of Commonality
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 3:40am On Jul 05, 2012
We are essentially saying the same thing.

My bone of contention is what you said about it being boiled down to genetic similarity (or lack thereof), when history (all round the world) has shown that all human races are equally capable of intra-racial strife. Increased unity is caused by force and is not of choice or genetic destiny.

That's all I was trying to say, really.
~Royal~:
You just contradicted yourself...

Ok bro, let me explain it to you and simplify it

For the sake of Argument Lets say i have a House, and I live with my "3 brothers"

Now....

Me and my 3 Brothers can fight amongst ourselves ALLLLL we Want

Everyday

All Day....

Now if some guys who live down the street, come knocking at our door....

Long as we join forces to "keep our Home" "our land" and "our brotherhood" safe....none of the other fights matter

It's about holding down the Land...

It's about brotherhood...It's about "not selling out your own people"...

Random disputes among "family" is common

Ill ask you one more time...Has China Lost Control to Outside Racial Forces and "White Rule"

...Why not??....

Elephants fight amongst themselves....Let a Lion come near their young...and watch what happens..

Smh
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 3:41am On Jul 05, 2012
I'm not a bro, by the way. smiley
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 3:45am On Jul 05, 2012
nnenna.1:
We are essentially saying the same thing.

My bone of contention is what you said about it being boiled down to genetic similarity (or lack thereof), when history (all round the world) has shown that all human races are equally capable of intra-racial strife. Increased unity is caused by force and is not of choice or genetic destiny.

That's all I was trying to say, really.

To go further on this, Asia and Europe are ahead of us because many of their nations were forced to unite (on a massive scale) for thousands of years.

The new nations further understand the importance of large numbers for their benefit as a result. It is a Comparative advantage against Africans because of history and experience. Nothing more.
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 3:51am On Jul 05, 2012
when history (all round the world) has shown that all human races are equally capable of intra-racial strife.

True, but blacks take it to a whole different Level of Betrayal

Blacks Betrayal of their own kind and Sinister Treachery throughout history speaks volumes about us as a Race of People.

I see it even on a "Street" Level....just during the every day Life.

We are a Garbage Race of Traitors and Snakes, this is evident through out all of History and Even Today.

We are "Losing" due to lack of brotherhood...

Do i think diverse Genetics plays a Hand in some of that? Absolutely
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 3:51am On Jul 05, 2012
nnenna.1:
I'm not a bro, by the way. smiley

Sorrii Mama tongue
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 3:58am On Jul 05, 2012
nnenna.1:

To go further on this, Asia and Europe are ahead of us because many of their nations were forced to unite (on a massive scale) for thousands of years.

The new nations further understand the importance of large numbers for their benefit as a result. It is a Comparative advantage against Africans as a result of history and experience. Nothing more.

I disagree, actually i believe the complete opposite.

I believe because of Europe's "infighting" among themselves and constant battles, i believe that strengthened Their War Tactics

They constantly had to "outdo" each other....Which Conditioned them to be Master's of The War Game

They already knew advanced "war tactics" such as divide and conquer prior to even arriving in Africa and The America's

Which brings me back to the analogy of the 4 brothers in the house....

At the end of the Day, White's chose those who looked exactly like them to share the wealth with..the same wealth they obtained by thievery

....Perceptions of Commonality, The White Man's Clarity is Very Clear.

2 Likes

Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 4:03am On Jul 05, 2012
~Royal~:

True, but blacks take it to a whole different Level of Betrayal

Blacks Betrayal of their own kind and Sinister Treachery throughout history speaks volumes about us as a Race of People.

I see it even on a "Street" Level....just during the every day Life.

We are a Garbage Race of Traitors and Snakes, this is evident through out all of History and Even Today.

We are "Losing" due to lack of brotherhood...

Do i think diverse Genetics plays a Hand in some of that? Absolutely

We are presently living in the lowest point for the Black race and are overwhelmed by the negativity caused by it all. It is very easy to start laying blame on several things such as nature or genetics because the frequency of such things seem inherent.

However, who is to say that Whites or Asians were not as backstabbing or treacherous during their most trying times? We don't know for sure. Humans kickstart their primal, survival instincts at levels of danger, when it's typically every man (or every very closely related group) for himself/itself. For now, it is just that things seems to be the most "dangerous" for Black people in general.

I'm sure that the Romans who first encountered the British tribes thousands of years ago thought them to be some the most inherently savage groups of people, without redemption. Whaddayaknow, fast forward to today, and when you think of British culture (for the most part) you conjure stereotypical upper-crust accents, intense subtlety, tea/biscuits, and a very old, uptight queen.

Things change.
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 4:07am On Jul 05, 2012
Short Quick post before i go,

You can even take it down to a smaller scale

Look at Arabs....

Would you say the Arab World is Ahead of the "Black World"?

.....?

As an American, who is sitting back watching the World's strongest Military go toe to toe with them.....

I would.

Do you know why?

Because just like East Asians, and Whites, Arabs have a Brotherhood.

Their brotherhood has allowed them to keep control of their oil, their number 1 greatest resource

Can we say the same about Ghana and Nigeria and the rest of Africa?..

We have no Loyalty, and we also lack the courage of Arabs.....

I shouldn't even type this because the Cia might investigate me and shut my godamnn computer off

But i Admire the Courage of The Arab World......

"Blacks" Could Learn a Thing or 2 from them.....

.....Warriors.......Flat Out.....Warriors.... wink

You know what Arab extremist do to Sellouts?

.....They cut their fhhucking heads off......

...The Black man is a Weak Coward and A Fool.....

He lost His Own damn Continent because he was a Sellout,greedy Fool who got manipulated....

White Devil....Yeah ok.....You mean Black Fool

1 Like

Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 4:08am On Jul 05, 2012
Lady you are gonna get me thrown in Jail, I gotta Go.

~ cool ~
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 4:10am On Jul 05, 2012
~Royal~:

I disagree, actually i believe the complete opposite.

I believe because of Europe's "infighting" among themselves and constant battles, i believe that strengthened Their War Tactics

They constantly had to "outdo" each other....Which Conditioned them to be Master's of The War Game

They already knew advanced "war tactics" such as divide and conquer prior to even arriving in Africa and The America's

Which brings me back to the analogy of the 4 brothers in the house....

At the end of the Day, White's chose those who looked exactly like them to share the wealth with..the same wealth they obtained by thievery

....Perceptions of Commonality, The White Man's Clarity is Very Clear.

I was referring to individual nations in Europe/Asia (Such as germany, Japan, etc) which were once much smaller nations comprised of warring tribes.

They are obviously now unified as the individual countries we know.

These newer nations have experienced wars of course, due to larger-scaled differences. But the cumulative history of wars among the nation states have shown them how much better it is to be further unified. Now we see economic mergers such as the EU, UN (initially formed because of WWII) BRIC, that serve to occasionally play on similarities, rather than differences.

Comparative advantage.
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 4:22am On Jul 05, 2012
k.o.n.y:

The bolded is completely wrong lol. All of you ffools saying white americans are better are delusional. It is white america that fuels the negative images of africa. Africa has the worst media image maybe in the world because of them lol. Black americans always find ourselves defending Africa in this society. Theres probably more black american afrocentrist than africans

I stand solidly behind my initial assertions. Deep down you probably realize some truth in them anyway so no need to rehash those issues.

However I have to ask on the bolded - do you think that the majority of African Americas who "defend" Africa do so because they really care about Africans?

Or is this just because they seek to prove something about the Black race in general (of which they are a part of anyway)?

I know a few African Americans have genuine interest in their roots, hence my reference to the majority.
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by PhysicsQED(m): 4:31am On Jul 05, 2012
~Royal~:

The Opium wars? The Eight Nation alliance? The boxer rebellion?

That old humiliation of a weak China that was the plaything of westerners and Japan is the entire basis of the deliberate political isolation of the communist machine that exists today. The Nationalists leaned too much towards the same west that humiliated China so the communists were seen as a better alternative.

k.o.n.y:

The bolded is completely wrong lol. All of you ffools saying white americans are better are delusional. It is white america that fuels the negative images of africa. Africa has the worst media image maybe in the world because of them lol. Black americans always find ourselves defending Africa in this society. Theres probably more black american afrocentrist than africans

None of them said outright "white Americans are just better".

What they said was obvious, but you decided to obfuscate it and twist it into something else.

By the way, if black Americans and Africans weren't directly tied by race, which is a huge deal in America, how much defending would there really be? When there is another group of people that you have to coexist with directly all the time that are trying to degrade your existence and put down your entire race (which they see you as a subsection of) and try to use another section of your race to "prove" their point, it might be in your own interest to defend that section of your race. Those who don't have to coexist directly with this other group may not be under as much of a burden to engage in all that defending.

Blyss:
Hummmm, very interesting. I never knew that that was the reason some of us have picked on you'all as youths, and here I was thinking it was simply due to typical behavior to pick on that in which seem out of the norm around you. Like the cool kids picking on the geeky kids, the kid with the lisps getting picked on and so on and so forth. smiley So how did you crack this mystery?

How often does an African in Africa mock or insult an outsider (whether African or non-African) directly to their face merely for being different?

The result of those interactions are heated arguments or fights - or the same deliberate self-isolation some Africans in America engage in.
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Blyss: 4:33am On Jul 05, 2012
Go head, Royal. I see you getting your Royal Mac on in here with the Lovely Igbo girl. cheesy I can tell that she's totally feeling you, playa.
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 4:35am On Jul 05, 2012
PhysicsQED:

By the way, if black Americans and Africans weren't directly tied by race, which is a huge deal in America, how much defending would there really be? When there is another group of people that you have to coexist with directly all the time that are trying to degrade your existence and put down your entire race (which they see you as a subsection of) and try to use another section of your race to "prove" their point, it might be in your own interest to defend that section of your race.

You worded it better than I could. Thanks smiley

1 Like

Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 4:37am On Jul 05, 2012
Blyss: Go head, Royal. I see you getting your Royal Mac on in here with the Lovely Igbo girl. cheesy I can tell that she's totally feeling you, playa.

Why do guys think like this? A girl engages in a conversation with a guy = she likes him.

This sort of thinking is very strange. Women are almost never taken seriously.

2 Likes

Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Blyss: 4:50am On Jul 05, 2012
PhysicsQED:

The Opium wars? The Eight Nation alliance? The boxer rebellion?

That old humiliation of a weak China that was the plaything of westerners and Japan is the entire basis of the deliberate political isolation of the communist machine that exists today. The Nationalists leaned too much towards the same west that humiliated China, so the communists were seen as a better alternative.

None of them said outright "white Americans are just better".

What they said was obvious, but you decided to obfuscate it and twist it into something else.

By the way, if black Americans and Africans weren't directly tied by race, which is a huge deal in America, how much defending would there really be? When there is another group of people that you have to coexist with directly all the time that are trying to degrade your existence and put down your entire race (which they see you as a subsection of) and try to use another section of your race to "prove" their point, it might be in your own interest to defend that section of your race. Those who don't have to coexist directly with this other group may not be under as much of a burden to do so.

How often does an African in Africa mock or insult an outsider (whether African or non-African) directly to their face merely for being different?

The result of those interactions are heated arguments or fights - or the same deliberate self-isolation some Africans in America engage in.

In regard to what you've addressed to me, I've got this to say. YA BULLLL Shitzin!! cheesy So these Northerners blowing up southern Christians is a fluke, ey? Or what about the monthly clashes between ethnic groups in which end in scores dead? Yeah, those are flukes to. Huumm, or what about the endless Igbo vs Yoruba, or south vs North, Muslim vs Christian, so on and so forth that goes on relentlessly right her on this site, is that a fluke as well? OOOOH, wait; my bad.. since you'all are slaughtering and belittling each other for your differences, while kissing foreign azz there in NAIJA/AFRICA and abroad, it makes it ok. Right? Since, you know.. a fellow Nigerian/African isn't worth your respect. undecided Is that how it's going down round there Ace? Come correct now, or don't come at all next time. smiley
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Blyss: 4:55am On Jul 05, 2012
nnenna.1:

Why do guys think like this? A girl engages in a conversation with a guy = she likes him.

This sort of thinking is very strange. Women are almost never taken seriously.

LOL. So I'm lying? You not enjoying your conversation with Royal? undecided
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 5:01am On Jul 05, 2012
Blyss:

LOL. So I'm lying? You not enjoying your conversation with Royal? undecided

"Enjoying" a conversation (not that serious anyway) is not = liking the person you are conversing with.

Anyway goodnight.

1 Like

Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by PhysicsQED(m): 5:30am On Jul 05, 2012
Blyss:
In regard to what you've addressed to me, I've got this to say. YA BULLLL Shitzin!! cheesy So these Northerners blowing up southern Christians is a fluke, ey? Or what about the monthly clashes between ethnic groups in which end in scores dead? Yeah, those are flukes to. Huumm, or what about the endless Igbo vs Yoruba, or south vs North, Muslim vs Christian, so on and so forth that goes on relentlessly right her on this site, is that a fluke as well? OOOOH, wait; my bad.. since you'all are slaughtering and belittling each other for your differences, while kissing foreign azz there in NAIJA/AFRICA and abroad, it makes it ok. Right? Since, you know.. a fellow Nigerian/African isn't worth your respect. undecided Is that how it's going down round there Ace? Come correct now, or don't come at all next time. smiley

You wrote all that crap and yet you couldn't understand a single word that I wrote?

I said that a direct confrontation results in argument or violence or deliberate self isolation. The examples you gave are a confirmation of that.
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by PhysicsQED(m): 5:31am On Jul 05, 2012
@ Royal

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Century_of_humiliation

[img]http://www.coedu.usf.edu/main/departments/seced/webq/social%20studies/history/jberringer/berringer_cartoon.jpg[/img]

That's China's problem with the west.
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 8:59am On Jul 05, 2012
~Royal~:

Look at Arabs....

.....?

As an American, who is sitting back watching the World's strongest Military go toe to toe with them.....

I would.

Do you know why?

Their brotherhood has allowed them to keep control of their oil, their number 1 greatest resource

I shouldn't even type this because the Cia might investigate me and shut my godamnn computer off

[size=18pt]...The Black man is a Weak Coward and A Fool.....[/size]

He lost His Own damn Continent because he was a Sellout,greedy Fool who got manipulated....

Bwahahaha

Royal is schooling the black cowards and fools.. grin grin grin

These fools forgot Europe had to fight gazillion civil wars to get to where they're today...

Tell the black coward and fool to defend himself, he'll recite a bunch of Eurocentric bs he was programmed with..

The black coward and fool don't even have an identity, neither does he/she knows where his/her niche is in the world..

European brotherhood = Christianity/Science

Arab Brotherhood = Islam/Muslim Brotherhood

East Asian Brotherhood = Buddhism

Africa/Black Brotherhood = ?? Ermmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm bwhahahahaha

Bunch of headless chickens... grin grin grin..........
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by MrsChima(f): 9:25am On Jul 05, 2012
Is there an issue with Black Americans or Blacks in general? My question again.....would there ever be an universal unity with colored/black folks?

I remembered going to an African festival and noticed that people socialized with their own. Somalians were with Somalians, South Africans with South Africans etc. Some people were competitive and showcasing their "culture treasures" and I remembered hearing some remarks and jabs at Nigerians. I thought that since America is a country where everyone can be what they want and practice their beliefs without persecution that African people in America would leave tribal wars in the ground. It was clear that people intended to represent their countries and damn the rest.

No matter where you are...there are violence with colored folks....Blacks in Africa are bombing their own people over the difference in religion and beliefs and Blacks in America/UK are stepping on each other because they want to get a pat on the head from the Elites.

Black people came a long ways from being Kings and Queens to settling for whatever just to get by. How sad.

I read a comment on this thread about African kids being laughed at by few Black American kids and White kids dared grin. Hmm...I am first to say that there are ignorance in every creed...just because a few White kids didn't chuckle doesn't mean they don't think less of you. My granny always said a sneaky biatch is the worse kind. You never know what to expect from them and they are not honest. I am sure other Black American kids didn't think it was funny. Exaggerating is unnecessary.

One thing I can say about many Black Americans is that you will get what on their mind. There is no hiding nor sugar coating with many Black Americans.

1 Like

Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 9:26am On Jul 05, 2012
As I said earlier, there can be "Unity" based on fighting for 'common interests'.

Both Africans in Africa, and Africans in diaspora are at the bottom of social ladder everywhere in the world - how do we turn the tide, and move up??

Both Africans in Africa, and Africans in diaspora are 'parasites' a la everyone's burden - how do we turn the tide, and stop being 'parasites'??

Both Africans in Africa, and Africans in diaspora don't have an identity - how do we create an identity for ourselves, since the world is divided along racial/colour lines, and we both belong to the same race/colour?

We can build our "unity/relationship" based on these common interests..

To be honest, Africans in diaspora have been reaching out to Africans in Africa for a long time - but it seems Africans in Africa are still stuck in the medieval ages... But what do you expect from people who would kill their brothers because of religion and tribal affiliations? Even the "Educated" class in Africa is an extreme tribal bigot, and most Africans aren't really smart people...

2 Likes

Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by MrsChima(f): 9:36am On Jul 05, 2012
~Royal~:

Look at Arabs....

.....?

I would.

Do you know why?

I created a thread a few months back regarding the world view on Black men. In my comment...I stated that Black men are considered the bottom of the totem pole by society as a whole. I also referenced Western society without labeling any countries outside of Western society. Many chatters came on the thread with their chest out and foaming at the mouth.

I even made a comment that a BLACK WOMAN had a powerful position before a BLACK MAN goes to show you how the world think of Black men. We have a Black president....they have called him a nigga, brought rifle guns to town hall meetings, threw a note at him with things he needs to do as a president, and questioned about his identity.

Condoleeza Rice is the Black woman I was speaking of. She worked side by side with George Bush dumb arse. She was third in power before Colin Powell. George Bush could have easily picked a Black man....hell he could have picked an African with 29 degrees.

You have Africans with Doctoral degrees driving taxi cabs....it goes to show you degrees don't mean shit if you are not aligned with the right people and brotherhood don't mean shit.

Koreans and Vietnameses would fight together before Igbos and Hausas would. That's sad.

1 Like

Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 10:17am On Jul 05, 2012
African Americans have been reaching out to Africans for a long time, but Africans just love their European masters too much to reach out back to their "brothers/sisters/cousins" in the diaspora...

The freed/escaped slaves reached out to Africa...

Booker T. Washington reached to Africa...

Marcus Garvey reached out to Africa...

Malcolm X reached out to Africa...

Heck, even during the Italy/Ethiopia war, AAs volunteered in Harlem to go back to Africa and fight for Ethiopia...

Afro-Cubans reached out to Angolans/Africa, if not for them - Angola would've been another basket case today... They sacrificed their lives for Angola, and won the civil war for them against Apartheid South Africa/Europe/America..

Dr. Molefi Asante/Dr. leonard Jeffries etc. have been reaching out to Africa for the past two decades.. Heck, Dr. Molefi Asante attends all AU (African Union) meetings...

But Africa has never reached out to no one except Europeans... Heck, Africans don't even reach out to people like me who are Africans born in a foreign land... Some fools even told me I'm not Nigerian/African enough - whatever the fvck that means...

Africa needs to start reaching out to other black people in the diaspora... I thought that was what the new AU was about, but they have failed again.

3 Likes

Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 11:44am On Jul 05, 2012
~Royal~:

Look at Arabs....

.....?

I would.

Do you know why?

All nothing BUT the solid, complete, and unbiased TRUTH!
Big ups to u royal.

As they are advancing, we are adjusting...most black fokk fail to realize, those other groups are quarreling over who can get to rule and toy with africa....and we are just watching lmao. Smh.
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by anonymous6(f): 1:41pm On Jul 05, 2012
shymmex: African Americans have be reaching out to Africans for a long time, but Africans just love the their European masters too much to reach out back to their "brothers/sisters/cousins" in the diaspora...

The freed/escaped slaves reached out to Africa...

Booker T. Washington reached to Africa...

Marcus Garvey reached out to Africa...

Malcolm X reached out to Africa...

Heck, even during the Italy/Ethiopia war, AAs were volunteering in Harlem to go back to Africa to fight for Ethiopia...

Afro-Cubans reached out to Angolans/Africa, if not for them - Angola would've been another basket case today... They sacrificed their lives for Angola, and won the civil war for them against Apartheid South Africa/Europe/America..

Dr. Molefi Asante/Dr. leonard Jeffries etc. having been reaching out to Africa for the past two decades.. Heck, Dr. Molefi Asante attends all AU (African Union) meeting...

But Africa has never reached out to no one except Europeans... Heck, Africans don't even reach out to people like me who are Africans born in a foreign land... Some fools even told me I'm not Nigerian/African enough - whatever the fvck that means...

Africa needs to start reaching to other black people in the diaspora... I thought that was what the new AU was about, but they have failed again.

I have to disagree, Africans do reach out to Africans born in foreign land, because I was born & raised in foreign land and I been to many Nigerian community events where they speak to people like us to come back to Nigeria and help rebuild, and their are few Nigerians born in the western world who go back and help the same with many other black african countries. It is the westernized ones who act black american and care not for Nigeria or other black African countries that black africans don't reach out to. Those people who said you are not african or Nigerian are either a few foolish ones or maybe it is the way you are acting towards them that made them think that way. If Nigeria rejected people like us they wouldn't have put in the their constitution that we are automatically Nigerian in their constitution, once born from Nigerians: http://nigeriaworld.com/focus/constitution/chapter3.html

Quite Frankly Africa does not need to reach out to Blacks in the Diasporia, it is not by force or necessary for them to progress, we have enough problems already. However their are few black africans reaching out to Black Americans like south Africa, Ghana, Senegal, Liberia, for them to know their roots and all but not as way to ask them what to do in their own land: http://www.ghana.gov.gh/index.php/news/features/5048-the-bridge-between-ghana-and-black-america

"Ghana hopes to persuade the descendants of enslaved Africans to think of Africa as their homeland – to visit, invest, send their children to be educated and even retire here.

“We want Africans everywhere, no matter where they live or how they got there, to see Ghana as their gateway home,” J. Otanka Obetsebi-Lamptey, the tourism minister, said on a recent day. “We hope we can help bring the African family back together again.”"

http://yeyeolade./2007/01/13/back-to-africaculturallyspirituallymorally-and-physically/

Booker T Washington, Malcolm X, Marcus Garvey could have went back all they want regardless but they didn't, they didn't need Africans approval. The AU was for African nations only, which included North Africa, Black diasporians had nothing to do with it, so they didn't fail with anything. Many black slaves from Brazil went back to Nigeria, if I am not mistaken and the Nigerians didn't reject them: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saro_%28Nigeria%29

Does this sound like Nigerians rejected saros(afro-Brazilans) when they came into Nigeria in the 19 century? NO
[b]"In Lagos, the Saros chose Ebute Meta, Olowogbowo, and Yaba as primary settlements.[4] The Saros mostly of Egba heritage established a few of the oldest churches in Lagos and also expanded the missionary work of the British in Nigeria. The Saros also emerged as a dominant commercial group in Lagos. Having developed a migratory forte, they had an edge as travelers who were able to go into the interiors to meet directly with various commodity producers and traders. They were the pioneer Southern Nigerian traders in Kola, a cash crop that later emerged as a viable and important export commodity for the Western region in the early twentieth century.[5] The Saros introduced the crop which was bought from Hausa traders across the River Niger into Southern Nigeria agriculture. The first Kola farm and the dominant trader in Kola, Mohammed Shitta Bey, were orchestrated by Saros. They also did not drop their yearning for western education as they dominated the ranks of professions open to Africans. They were lawyers, doctors, and civil servants"[/b]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saro_%28Nigeria%29#Life_in_Lagos_and_Abeokuta

But Nigerians did show to them that they had to be respected though when entering their community: "Early on, the Saros who were well learned and trained, began to show paternal characteristics in their relationship with native residents of Lagos. The perceived disrespect extended to some Lagos citizens led to the Saros being expelled from Lagos in the 1850s, although they soon returned."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saro_%28Nigeria%29#Life_in_Lagos_and_Abeokuta

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKCHhfFnFS0

So please stop with all this, this is why this black unity nonsense is so ridiculous to me, I feel blacks worldwide should get along but black africans should fix their own backyard first before doing anything else. It is not as simple as you make it seem. Black American should progress their community and progress on their own, Black Caribbeans should progress on their own as well, and the same with Black africans as well. I know black africans will progress because they are already showing signs of it without any help from Black diasporians at all, once they touch on their countries then Black africans should help one another in their african countries. Do you know aliko dangote has opened up businesses all over west africa and help produce jobs as a result, that where it starts, I didn't see any black diasporians there telling him that. black diasporians are not the saviors fro Black africans, so knock it off.

There will never be a full Black unity in the world, it is just the way it is people need to get over it, and just find solutions in their own cultural communities to move forward. Do you know I just joined(membership) Black Girls ignite Africa, a non-profit organization that helps with many issues affecting Nigeria and other countries: http://www.blackgirlsigniteafrica.com/
many other Nigerians/africans born in the western world are part of the group nobody rejected them. Do something with your time then pushing this fairy tale that will not give any sort of gain, Nigerians need people like us more.
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jul 05, 2012
W.E.B DuBois reached out, went all the way, and died in Ghana...

Africa don't reach out to nobody except its masters in Europe, period.. Nigeria for example don't even reach out to its own citizens in foreign lands lol... Do you know the number of Nigerians in prison in the UK who have reached out to the Nigerian High Commission here because of illegal detention - yet the rubbish High Commission has neglected them... God knows how many interviews I had to go for before those fools at the Nigerian High Commission gave me a freaking Nigerian passport - after telling me on several occasions that I wasn't Nigerian...lol..

Black diaspora feels the pain of Africa and has continued to reach out to Africa, but Africa has never reciprocated the love... When AFRICOM was created, there were protests in the Afro-Caribbean communities in the UK - and AA communities in America, where was the outcry in Africa?? Nah, stupid Africans were even supporting the idea of AFRICOM...

When the imperialists were bombing Libya because of Gaddafi (a man who really tried his best for Africa but definitely not a saint) - where was the outcry on continent?? No outcry - Africans even supported and voted for the intervention that resulted in death of thousands of black Africans... I had tears in my eyes watching Nigerians and other African males get beheaded on youtube everyday by the Arabs... There were Nigerian women with Nigerian accent getting raped on TV everyday - yet there was no outcry on that freaking continent - except from South Africa and Zimbabwe.... Afro-Caribbeans in the UK protested against the intervention in the UK - so also did the AAs in America... I have got clips of the protests if you want....

Role of the diaspora

The Constitutive Act of the AU declares that it shall "invite and encourage the full participation of the African diaspora as an important part of our Continent, in the building of the African Union". The African Union Government has defined the African diaspora as "consisting of people of African origin living outside the continent, irrespective of their citizenship and nationality and who are willing to contribute to the development of the continent and the building of the African Union

^^^^^This is the Constitutive Act of the African Union (AU) - and I still don't know why they haven't started implementing it.... Africa needs to start reaching out to African diaspora...

Black unity is possible - but Africans on the continent are too cowardly and ignorant to see this...

Brazil has started reaching out to African countries, and I hope we can reciprocate the love. cool
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 2:56pm On Jul 05, 2012
I'm going to take this debate to a higher level of consciousness, right now...

You guys may not see this but there's definitely a subtle war among all the races of this planet... Life is about the survival of the fittest - and you need allies and numbers to survive... That's why unity is very important - all hands must be on deck to fight and win this subtle war...

There's war against us in the media, and everywhere else... Every time Africa makes a step in the right direction - it is put in check by Europe, and thrown back in the doldrums...

Gaddafi planned this for Africa - to cut off World Bank and IMF's destruction of the continent:

AFRICAN MONETARY FUND, AFRICAN CENTRAL BANK, AFRICAN INVESTMENT BANK

The US$30 billion frozen by Mr Obama belong to the Libyan Central Bank and had been earmarked as the Libyan contribution to three key projects which would add the finishing touches to the African federation – the African Investment Bank in Syrte, Libya, the establishment in 2011 of the African Monetary Fund to be based in Yaounde with a US$42 billion capital fund and the Abuja-based African Central Bank in Nigeria which when it starts printing African money will ring the death knell for the CFA franc through which Paris has been able to maintain its hold on some African countries for the last fifty years. It is easy to understand the French wrath against Gaddafi.

The African Monetary Fund is expected to totally supplant the African activities of the International Monetary Fund which, with only US$25 billion, was able to bring an entire continent to its knees and make it swallow questionable privatisation like forcing African countries to move from public to private monopolies. No surprise then that on 16-17December 2010, the Africans unanimously rejected attempts by Western countries to join the African Monetary Fund, saying it was open only to African nations.

It is increasingly obvious that after Libya, the western coalition will go after Algeria, because apart from its huge energy resources, the country has cash reserves of around a 150 billion. This is what lures the countries that are bombing Libya and they all have one thing in common – they are practically bankrupt. The USA alone, has a staggering debt of $US14,000 billion, France, Great Britain and Italy each have a US$2,000 billion public deficit compared to less than US$400 billion in public debt for 46 African countries combined.

Inciting spurious wars in Africa in the hope that this will revitalise their economies which are sinking ever more into the doldrums will ultimately hasten the western decline which actually began in 1884 during the notorious Berlin Conference. As the American economist Adam Smith predicted in 1865 when he publicly backed Abraham Lincoln for the abolition of slavery, ‘the economy of any country which relies on the slavery of blacks is destined to descend into hell the day those countries awaken’

Europe and USA stole the $30billion he planned to invest in ADB, and murdered the guy - and you guys think Africans isn't at war with other races...

Africa needs allies/unity with our brothers/sisters/cousins in diaspora to fight this war to survive... They're our natural allies, and we need to start reaching out to them now...

Black/African unity is possible, if we can increase our level of consciousness - we've a natural bond which can never be broken. cool

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

What Is The Pidgin Translation Of Your Native Name? / Book On The Ibibio Culture / Dating A Nigerian Guy In China

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 142
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.