Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,228 members, 7,811,630 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:10 PM

RMD Warns Linda Ikeji Over N250M Home Story - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / RMD Warns Linda Ikeji Over N250M Home Story (29562 Views)

RMD Shares Throwback Photo From His Youthful Days Before The Money / RMD Celebrates His Wife, Jumobi's Birthday (photo) / Lagos Government After Linda Ikeji Over Tax Evasion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: RMD Warns Linda Ikeji Over N250M Home Story by Siga: 1:12am On Jul 07, 2012
logica: Not to hold brief for RMD, but with a steady salary of say 500,000.00 per month, and a deposit of 5 million, you can have a house through some of these mortgage houses including GTBank.

Calculation:

Actual cost is 50 million but at 20% rate over 30 years that is 50 million + 10 million = 60 million.

Deposit 5 million; 55 million is left.

So you spread 55 million over 30 years, paying each month. That is 55 million / (30 * 12) = 152,777.78 Naira Monthly

So every month you have 347,222.22 left to flenjo.
So u believe naija politicians collect mortgage for a N250m house....bros, unless na Counselor....the amount of cash these politicians steal...he pass Somalian budget....Im not saying RMD steal oooo....I beg
Re: RMD Warns Linda Ikeji Over N250M Home Story by freecocoa(f): 1:20am On Jul 07, 2012
solomon111:
I am sure,you must be surprised at the I.Q of some people on nairaland.
I've noticed you think you are smarter than everyone on NL but you are not anywhere near that,so stop feeling like it.
Re: RMD Warns Linda Ikeji Over N250M Home Story by logica(m): 1:22am On Jul 07, 2012
Siga: So u believe naija politicians collect mortgage for a N250m house...
Do you mind checking the figure I used? I used 50 million, not 250 million. The initial post I quoted said something like "even if it was 50 million". 50 million is a far cry from 250 million; and I just demonstrated that a person earning 500k monthly, and who has 5m to deposit can comfortably get a mortgage on a house worth 50m. 250m though will be impossible on that same salary.

1 Like

Re: RMD Warns Linda Ikeji Over N250M Home Story by Tinkybabe(f): 1:24am On Jul 07, 2012
It is difficult to tell who is lying here. Saying RMD spoke out in defence because the claim is true, without having a substantial evidence to back it up is not a good judgement,could be or not .He could be applying the popular strategy "the best form of defence is attack" Lol.
COnsidering the fact that the norm among politicians is stealing of public funds,one cannot outrightly blame RMD for being defensive as the claim could tarnish his image knowing that we Nigerians are usually quick to believe every claim without questioning its authenticity especially when silence is taken to mean consent.On the other hand,he could be trying to debunk the claim to appear innocent,when indeed the building is worth that amount and he actually stole from the treasury to erect it. All in all I think it's high time Linda started minding her business.

1 Like

Re: RMD Warns Linda Ikeji Over N250M Home Story by freecocoa(f): 1:24am On Jul 07, 2012
logica: LOL. That's just trying to be smart in spreading rumors. I might as well say "Linda Ikeji is SAID to have been a call girl". I'm sure all she'd do is kindly mail me and explain that she wasn't really a call girl, right?
LOL at your example,she may not necessarily mail you but doesn't need to issue a warning like a tyrant.

There are better ways to handle criticism.

1 Like

Re: RMD Warns Linda Ikeji Over N250M Home Story by Godogwu: 2:07am On Jul 07, 2012
The truth is, no one knows who is lying, and although there is an atom of truth in every rumor, nobody knows exactly how much the building cost. As for the ones saying he should have taken the criticism better, do you expect him to disclose the amount he spent buying a property? Just because he is a government official? People should know that this man acted for over a decade, and may have won different contracts in the process, bottom line he was not in any way living like a poor man before he got into politics. secondly people should understand that these politicians earn salaries( a commissioner earns anywhere N800k-N1.5m monthly) in a year that's N9.6m-N18m......pretty decent money. He can definitely afford a mortgage for that sort of house if this is true. People should stop lookin at the negative aspects of things.....not all politicians steal!

1 Like

Re: RMD Warns Linda Ikeji Over N250M Home Story by efepens: 2:25am On Jul 07, 2012
Linda should actually confirm her stories she wrote something on emmanuel emenike, which was a big lie.. Pls if u want to spread stories kindly spread the truth. Or something close to the truth...

2 Likes

Re: RMD Warns Linda Ikeji Over N250M Home Story by kiyosaki1(m): 2:50am On Jul 07, 2012
Godogwu: The truth is, no one knows who is lying, and although there is an atom of truth in every rumor, nobody knows exactly how much the building cost. As for the ones saying he should have taken the criticism better, do you expect him to disclose the amount he spent buying a property? Just because he is a government official? People should know that this man acted for over a decade, and may have won different contracts in the process, bottom line he was not in any way living like a poor man before he got into politics. secondly people should understand that these politicians earn salaries( a commissioner earns anywhere N800k-N1.5m monthly) in a year that's N9.6m-N18m......pretty decent money. He can definitely afford a mortgage for that sort of house if this is true. People should stop lookin at the negative aspects of things.....not all politicians steal!
Belief this, you belief anything
Re: RMD Warns Linda Ikeji Over N250M Home Story by kiyosaki1(m): 3:34am On Jul 07, 2012
In the late 80s, he was one of Nigeria’s biggest rising stars. The first actor to be paid a million naira for a movie role, he starred in several award-winning roles and soon became a household name as Segun Kadiri in the popular soap, Checkmate. So when Richard Mofe Damijo checked out of his movie career to study for another university degree, you could almost hear the hearts of his fanbase breaking as one. Worse still, when he returned to Nigeria, it wasn’t to take up a script, but an appointment with the Delta state government, first as the Special Adviser on Culture and Entertainment, now as the Commissioner for Culture and Tourism. From movies to politics, RMD has seen it all and lived more lives than most, from experiencing teenage pregnancy to surviving the tragic scandal surrounding the death of his first wife, MEE. But what can compare to his journey as a father? From a reluctant young dad, to a dedicated family man, RMD has now arrived at a place where he is able to say family comes first and know exactly what that means.

www.genevievemagazineng.com

2 Likes

Re: RMD Warns Linda Ikeji Over N250M Home Story by kiyosaki1(m): 3:51am On Jul 07, 2012
Richard Mofe Damijo

Re: RMD Warns Linda Ikeji Over N250M Home Story by kiyosaki1(m): 3:59am On Jul 07, 2012
Badt guy

Re: RMD Warns Linda Ikeji Over N250M Home Story by iykak47: 4:34am On Jul 07, 2012
Godogwu: The truth is, no one knows who is lying, and although there is an atom of truth in every rumor, nobody knows exactly how much the building cost. As for the ones saying he should have taken the criticism better, do you expect him to disclose the amount he spent buying a property? Just because he is a government official? People should know that this man acted for over a decade, and may have won different contracts in the process, bottom line he was not in any way living like a poor man before he got into politics. secondly people should understand that these politicians earn salaries( a commissioner earns anywhere N800k-N1.5m monthly) in a year that's N9.6m-N18m......pretty decent money. He can definitely afford a mortgage for that sort of house if this is true. People should stop lookin at the negative aspects of things.....not all politicians steal!
Do Nigerian politicians steal because they are poor?
Re: RMD Warns Linda Ikeji Over N250M Home Story by ITbomb(m): 4:43am On Jul 07, 2012
RMD just played into her hands. I didn't get the first story but the reaction have led me to Linda's blog. Just imagine the traffic RMD has pull her site.
Sisi_Kill: Awwww! Linda Ikeji is using the Perez Hilton business model.

Simply put, it says - COURT CONTROVERSY!!!!

Good for her ojare! grin grin grin
Re: RMD Warns Linda Ikeji Over N250M Home Story by Nobody: 4:45am On Jul 07, 2012
This bytch has done it again.

Trying to get rich while draging ppl through the mud
Re: RMD Warns Linda Ikeji Over N250M Home Story by ORAFA(m): 5:01am On Jul 07, 2012
dirtymoney: RMD.. the cool headed-lover boy- simple actor has now turned into a tyrrant. the RMD i knew would handle the issue more maturedly. but what do you expect, when he has been initiated into the fraternity of political bulldogs. i guess if it was in his acting days, he would have just swept the issue under the carpet. sorry linda.... no be the RMD wey u bin know be this ooooo. levels don change!
Next time u want to talk, connect ur tongue to ur brain. Being cool headed doesnt mean u shouldnt defend urself publicly from public assault. If RMD didnt reply u would be first to say 'him don dey theif our money'. Remember, u dont fight a war in ur parlour when the heat is on the war-front. He was ryt not to take it private. It was a public assault and deserved a public reply. THERE IS AN OPPOSITE AND EQUAL REACTION TO EVERY ACTION- Newton.
Re: RMD Warns Linda Ikeji Over N250M Home Story by ORAFA(m): 5:08am On Jul 07, 2012
Billyonaire: RMD needs to learn how to respond to criticism, he has been a media sensation with no criticism thereby depriving him of critic proof mechanism, the comment from Linda Ikeji was supposed to even be a plus but his reaction is very immature and I think he is losing it. Its like he has something to hide. RMD, no worry, we understand. You are now a politician and by serving the public, you need to account for everything you acquire. Be prepared for more criticisms.
Lies are NEVER a plus to anyone. By d way, why are u guys politicising dis issue? Wat if he got his house before holding any political office?
Re: RMD Warns Linda Ikeji Over N250M Home Story by ORAFA(m): 5:13am On Jul 07, 2012
mutiply: so many hypocrites on dis forum,if linda had posted abt a top polititians like gej,alison,uduaghan havin house of such range or more dan dat,am sure pple will be encouragin her rather dan condem her.back to story,rmd shud hav ignore it if he had nuffin to hid,he just lost my respect
And u think he gives a flying f.uck? Sorry for u.

1 Like

Re: RMD Warns Linda Ikeji Over N250M Home Story by fanistic(m): 5:33am On Jul 07, 2012
The bottom line is that he got himself a crib and he didnt deny it. Case closed.
Re: RMD Warns Linda Ikeji Over N250M Home Story by RuuDie(m): 5:42am On Jul 07, 2012
It isn't difficult to see why RMD is upset over the allegation:

For starters, the "250m claim" was made public, not via private correspondence and it is only sensible that he responds to it publicly. Furthermore, being a political figure it is very easy for people to start assuming he's acquired the property through questionable means, thereby tarnishing whatever image his managed to build up for himself over the years; as we can already see from some posts here. Also, the said property might not even cost anywhere close to the stated amount, which makes it all the more harder to swallow for just about anybody - imagine being maligned for something that is not true!?

In short, the info attributed to that blog/author can be termed potentially damaging/defamatory/inflammatory - any other instance, RMD's public response might well have been followed by a hefty lawsuit!

1 Like

Re: RMD Warns Linda Ikeji Over N250M Home Story by zoogy2007: 5:44am On Jul 07, 2012
I have seen the house. But it may not be worth 250 m but it's actually an edifice.
Re: RMD Warns Linda Ikeji Over N250M Home Story by kabasa77(m): 5:54am On Jul 07, 2012
The thing is people take this linda too serious.She gets too much attention and credit.She is not even a real journalist.Most of the stories in her blog are nothing but copy and paste...Stories she got from other peoples sites which she never verified before publishing.She always seeks attention to update her so called celebrity blogger status.Abeg make she free RMD joor

1 Like

Re: RMD Warns Linda Ikeji Over N250M Home Story by dabigwalls: 6:03am On Jul 07, 2012
Ranks007: RMD a privately call to Ms. Ikeji wud be more better bro...

More better sha...brooosss.

#onelove
Re: RMD Warns Linda Ikeji Over N250M Home Story by KINGwax(m): 6:04am On Jul 07, 2012
freecocoa: What is he gingering for btw?

She said the house "is said to be 250m" not that she's sure it is.

If its not he should simply say so instead of the nonsense warning,like worse things haven't been said about him on tabloids when he was an actor,rubbish. undecided
thanks for being intelligent enuff! I took time to read through the comments to knw if we actually have someone who actually read it wit sense!
We knw she operates a gossip-blog and that doesn't mean she's tellin the story. She's simply tellin what people are saying and that is what is called gossip! So she already has a profession, one which i won't mind having too cos it's safe and easy. It's alws wit a disclaimer, '..people say'

1 Like

Re: RMD Warns Linda Ikeji Over N250M Home Story by pendusky(m): 6:32am On Jul 07, 2012
Ranks007: RMD a privately call to Ms. Ikeji wud be more better bro...
Why? Is she a chief judge? I dnt knw why she she should jst fabricate stories without proper confirmation. All she want is to increase ha blog rank, and get more visitor. thatz all. Shes too proud...hope she'l nt be charged to court wit such amount, coz she'l sold dat ha blog to google. grin

1 Like

Re: RMD Warns Linda Ikeji Over N250M Home Story by treschic1: 6:34am On Jul 07, 2012
Whether the claim be tru or not, he shudnt hav used strong words to describe her. Say, he's abt 20 yrs older dn her. Wud oda top politicians hav replied? Even if he has been gettin cals and msgs & saw d need to reply he shud.nt hav bashed her personally (quite immature) d rite thin to do wud hav been to grant an interview to a reliable media hse, preferably print while subtly denyin d 'allegation' inside the interview, not as d main subject. For some1 dt studied law he shud know better. Can he say his hands are 100% clean? I still think its a case of guilty conscience.

1 Like

Re: RMD Warns Linda Ikeji Over N250M Home Story by Elueme: 6:36am On Jul 07, 2012
RMD! Whatevertimeand event changes.. I won't be surprised at your outburst but it's not yours to chose a career for ikeji, she does what she likes so you(RMD) better keep your mouth shut and device a better way to handle little criticism...
Re: RMD Warns Linda Ikeji Over N250M Home Story by Godmother(f): 6:38am On Jul 07, 2012
RMD just behaved very immaturely on this issue. What stopped him frm just stating that's what she wrote isnot true if actually it isn't. And he shud get a life not Linda. And if he must know Linda earns about 10 times what he does frm her blog. Now who shud reconsider changing jobs undecided

1 Like

Re: RMD Warns Linda Ikeji Over N250M Home Story by Nobody: 6:43am On Jul 07, 2012
^^^ Because Linda is known to run rumors. If she must run a blog, let the contents be atleast realistic. Uusally there's an ulterior motive (attention seeking).
Re: RMD Warns Linda Ikeji Over N250M Home Story by pendusky(m): 6:47am On Jul 07, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
^^^ Because Linda is known to run rumors. If she must run a blog, let the contents be atleast realistic. Uusally there's an ulterior motive (attention seeking).

Tobra? Ibim? grin
Re: RMD Warns Linda Ikeji Over N250M Home Story by Nobody: 6:48am On Jul 07, 2012
pendusky:

Tobra? Ibim? grin

Tobra! Ibim!
Re: RMD Warns Linda Ikeji Over N250M Home Story by question(m): 7:03am On Jul 07, 2012
Mark my words "This linda girl will put herself in deepShit one day."
Re: RMD Warns Linda Ikeji Over N250M Home Story by Ejine(m): 7:05am On Jul 07, 2012
Mehn, I just viewed his timeline.
O boy eeeee! RMD is not smiling o! grin

A soft-sell magazine once carried a fake story about him picking a second wife, and he really gave it to them on Twitter.

Interesting.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Reekado Banks And Odunlade Adekola Step Out For The Premiere Of "The Vendor" / Victoria Kolawole Scammed Of Fuel Money At A Filling Station / Navy Says Cute Abiola Is Serving One-Month Punishment For Ridiculing Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.