Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,085 members, 7,821,748 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:47 PM

The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. (8704 Views)

Three Arguments For God's Existence / My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! / A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by Kay17: 9:30am On Jul 21, 2012
savcy:

Atheism is an attempt to ridicule the name of God,and deny the reality of His existence. All of ur afore-mentioned facts concurs with d reality of a God. Our 17th/18th century fathers were ignorant of d existence of a place called Germany. Did it take away the reality of the existence of Germany? Even the so-called evolutionists agrees(albeit unintentionally) with the existence of a Supreme and Sovereign Being. Cause and Effect.

Be careful with your words, A sovereign Being could be the Universe, or Time or anything indispensable.

davidylan:

By what standard of perfection do you judge the car and hence the skill level of the maker? undecided YOUR own brainless rhetorical standards?

Performance, minimal flaws, insightful designs etc.

A horrible programme/application is owed to the skill of the programmer, the better he is, the better his creation. It is a principle of Nature, its around you. If you open your eyes for a little bit.
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by Nobody: 9:31am On Jul 21, 2012
cyrexx:

no sir, atheism is no attempt to ridicule God. it is bold rejection of what makes little or no sense to us. Christianity has successfully demonized every other thing that contradicts its belief system.

Our forefathers may wrongly deny the existence of Germany, but increased knowledge has made it unreasonable to doubt the existence of Germany now. so, as knowledge increases knowledge about Germany becomes better and better.
However as knowledge increases, what we attribute to God is being explained rationally without plugging the "God of the gaps". so as knowledge increases, the "God of the gaps" recedes more and more

If you invoke cause and effect to describe all that exist, (which must include God, since you claim he exists) then, you cant leave God out of your argument, except you mean than He is not in existence.

cheers

Can anyone make sense out of this waffling? He accuses christianity of "demonizing" (where he got that idea i will never know) anything that contradicts its belief system... isnt this religion section a big advertisement of atheism demonizing anything to contradicts its own humanist belief system?
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by cyrexx: 10:59am On Jul 21, 2012
davidylan:

Can anyone make sense out of this waffling? He accuses christianity of "demonizing" (where he got that idea i will never know) anything that contradicts its belief system... isnt this religion section a big advertisement of atheism demonizing anything to contradicts its own humanist belief system?

Mr big mouth, dont think you are the only one with the right to fling unnecessary insult everywhere. i have plenty in my arsenal too which i wont hesitate to use. i just value mature intelligent dialogue more than childish senseless rantings.
If my posts makes no sense to you, then by all means, ignore it and let others who are more reasonable than you read and comment intelligently instead of this childish waffling you are so fond of.
and to think of it, i wasn't even addressing you in the first place
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by Nobody: 11:05am On Jul 21, 2012
cyrexx:

Mr big mouth, dont think you are the only one with the right to fling unnecessary insult everywhere. i have plenty in my arsenal too which i wont hesitate to use. i just value mature intelligent dialogue more than childish senseless rantings.
If my posts makes no sense to you, then by all means, ignore it and let others who are more reasonable than you read and comment intelligently instead of this childish waffling you are so fond of.

and exactly where have you been "insulted" mr. victimhood mentality? You and your fellow atheists are an exercise in confused hypocrisy. You flippantly denigrate the personal faiths of billions, accuse them of being illogical bigots incapable of reason (note your "christianity has demonized"... meme) THEN turn around to cry foul when they pick on your waffling?

What a laugh you truly are dude. If you think all you've been posting has been "reasonably intelligent" stuff then you truly need to pull the wool from over your eyes.
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by Nobody: 11:06am On Jul 21, 2012
cyrexx:

Sorry dude, you must be in the wrong place then. If you believe you shld get a response only from those your post was directed then may i suggest 2 more relevant vehicles for your demonizing of the christian faith - your personal email or FB pages.
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by cyrexx: 11:08am On Jul 21, 2012
davidylan:

and exactly where have you been "insulted" mr. victimhood mentality? You and your fellow atheists are an exercise in confused hypocrisy. You flippantly denigrate the personal faiths of billions, accuse them of being illogical bigots incapable of reason (note your "christianity has demonized"... meme) THEN turn around to cry foul when they pick on your waffling?

What a laugh you truly are dude. If you think all you've been posting has been "reasonably intelligent" stuff then you truly need to pull the wool from over your eyes.

thats your opinion which you are fully entitled to.
others have the same right too. dont they?
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by Nobody: 11:12am On Jul 21, 2012
cyrexx:

thats your opinion which you are fully entitled to.
others have the same right too. dont they?

and where have i ever denied them this right? Feel free to type whatever you want dude... no one is holding your hand. My only grouse is with those who feel they reserve the right to insult, ridicule, denigrate and castigate the faith that others hold deep and personal then shed crocodile tears while you tear into their oft pointless arguments bereft of any shred of intelligence.
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by cyrexx: 11:21am On Jul 21, 2012
davidylan:

and where have i ever denied them this right? Feel free to type whatever you want dude... no one is holding your hand. My only grouse is with those who feel they reserve the right to insult, ridicule, denigrate and castigate the faith that others hold deep and personal then shed crocodile tears while you tear into their oft pointless arguments bereft of any shred of intelligence.

attack atheism and humanistic philosophies, tear it to shreds if you can. nobody is shedding no crocodile tears. its just that discussion is impossible in an atmosphere of hostility.
it will be nice if it is their argument you attack. that is way different from throwing insult that does not negate their claims.
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by noetic16(m): 12:56pm On Jul 21, 2012
cyrexx:

attack atheism and humanistic philosophies, tear it to shreds if you can. nobody is shedding no crocodile tears. its just that discussion is impossible in an atmosphere of hostility.
it will be nice if it is their argument you attack. that is way different from throwing insult that does not negate their claims.

No one is attacking atheism or humanism. What we have done on the forum is to reveal the loopholes in this human manufactured theories, through which natural events are being misinterpreted as evidence. And by natural, I mean God-ordained.

Atheism is a fallacy, that lives in the mind of those with limited or nihilant imagination, intellectual prowess or a strong logical ability to make analysis. Truth is, we are yet to see any plausible scientific or other wise evidence that supports atheistic arguments. This explains why responses to you might sound insulting, but are just our way of telling you that we have heard this same old tales before, and we know where it lead to.

Dude, no one is insulting you. If you have any plausible evidence or logical analogy that supports your atheistic postulations, feel free to tender it. until then, atheism remains the sacred religion of intellectual lightweights.
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by MacDaddy01: 1:04pm On Jul 21, 2012
noetic16:

No one is attacking atheism or humanism. What we have done on the forum is to reveal the loopholes in this human manufactured theories, through which natural events are being misinterpreted as evidence. And by natural, I mean God-ordained.

Atheism is a fallacy, that lives in the mind of those with limited or nihilant imagination, intellectual prowess or a strong logical ability to make analysis. Truth is, we are yet to see any plausible scientific or other wise evidence that supports atheistic arguments. This explains why responses to you might sound insulting, but are just our way of telling you that we have heard this same old tales before, and we know where it lead to.

Dude, no one is insulting you. If you have any plausible evidence or logical analogy that supports your atheistic postulations, feel free to tender it. until then, atheism remains the sacred religion of intellectual lightweights.

Apparently, you dont know what atheism is. It is not a religion but a theological stance.

Atheism is not a fallacy but a logical statement, there is a lack of evidence to believe in a god.

A believer religies on faith. Faith is not logical, infact, it is the opposite of logic.
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by noetic16(m): 1:19pm On Jul 21, 2012
MacDaddy01:

Apparently, you dont know what atheism is. It is not a religion but a theological stance.

Atheism is not a fallacy but a logical statement, there is a lack of evidence to believe in a god.

A believer religies on faith. Faith is not logical, infact, it is the opposite of logic.

This is quite DUMB.

1. can you explicitly state the "logical statement" described as atheism?

2. If believers relies on faith to support their theism, what do atheists rely on in lieu of the lack of evidence to support their assertions that there is no God? did I hear you say FAITH?
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jul 21, 2012
cyrexx:

which is probably why little to no discussion takes place in lengthy threads that are geared towards bashing christianity. You folks are funny... you seem to look for the speck in my eye and forget the log in yours. To you... hostility = a creationist who actually stands up to identify the inherent idiocy of your own "arguments"
You do sometimes forget the hostile nature of your questions, the inherent snobbery of your statements accusing the christian faith and those who adhere to it as being illogical and incapable of reason... i could go on and on.

Yeah its all good asking me to "attack" humanist philosophy... i wish you did that too rather than attacking my sense of judgement for following a religion that YOU think makes no sense. Sorry bro, i dish it as i recieve it. Dont like it? Move to the romance thread.
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jul 21, 2012
MacDaddy01:

I'm not sure if cyrexx ignores this blatant insult. cheesy
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by MacDaddy01: 1:45pm On Jul 21, 2012
noetic16:

This is quite DUMB.

1. can you explicitly state the "logical statement" described as atheism?

2. If believers relies on faith to support their theism, what do atheists rely on in lieu of the lack of evidence to support their assertions that there is no God? did I hear you say FAITH?

There exists no evidence for God. None. That is why you have faith- "belief without evidence".

If I told you that I am the fastest person alive, you would ask for the evidence of my speed record beofore you believe me. If you say that God exists, you have to provide the proof. 2000 years and counting no evidence or proof of God. None. Not one.
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by MacDaddy01: 1:46pm On Jul 21, 2012
davidylan:

I'm not sure if cyrexx ignores this blatant insult. cheesy

The truth is now an insult? A factual statement is now an insult?

Faith is not logical. How can belief without evidence be logical?

You on drugs or what?
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by MacDaddy01: 1:49pm On Jul 21, 2012
davidylan:

which is probably why little to no discussion takes place in lengthy threads that are geared towards bashing christianity. You folks are funny... you seem to look for the speck in my eye and forget the log in yours. To you... hostility = a creationist who actually stands up to identify the inherent idiocy of your own "arguments"

Creationism is not factual. The creationist has nothing to stand for. His position is built on lies and guessing.

Creationism has been debunked long ago

1 Like

Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by FXKing2012(m): 2:34pm On Jul 21, 2012
cyrexx:

So now Davidylan is no longer reasonable cos he's shredding u apart (lol); I knew u guys were being led to the slaughter house by him.
Davidylan pls go easy on them, it could be shattering for a man to reveal to him that he has stubbornly held on to the wrong stuff for years.
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by Kay17: 3:06pm On Jul 21, 2012
noetic16:

This is nothing but a bitter rant. God the centre of Christianity is ASSUMED by faith. Suddenly faith is Reason!!
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by Kay17: 3:13pm On Jul 21, 2012
davidylan:

You do sometimes forget the hostile nature of your questions, the inherent snobbery of your statements accusing the christian faith and those who adhere to it as being illogical and incapable of reason... i could go on and on.

Yeah its all good asking me to "attack" humanist philosophy... i wish you did that too rather than attacking my sense of judgement for following a religion that YOU think makes no sense. Sorry bro, i dish it as i recieve it. Dont like it? Move to the romance thread.

Creationism ought to closed up in the mind.
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by noetic16(m): 5:15pm On Jul 21, 2012
MacDaddy01:

There exists no evidence for God. None. That is why you have faith- "belief without evidence".

If I told you that I am the fastest person alive, you would ask for the evidence of my speed record beofore you believe me. If you say that God exists, you have to provide the proof. 2000 years and counting no evidence or proof of God. None. Not one.

why have you refused to answer the simple questions. what are you afraid of? grin
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by noetic16(m): 5:17pm On Jul 21, 2012
Kay 17:

This is nothing but a bitter rant. God the centre of Christianity is ASSUMED by faith. Suddenly faith is Reason!!

This is quite IDIOTIC.

What is that evidence that supports your atheistic postulations? You rely on theories that are not empirical, hence, you rely on faith.

On the other hand, the evidences for God are numerous and subjective.
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by MacDaddy01: 7:42pm On Jul 21, 2012
noetic16:

why have you refused to answer the simple questions. what are you afraid of? grin

What questions?
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by thehomer: 10:05am On Jul 22, 2012
FXKing2012:

What do u think evidence of God would look like?

I first asked you a question that you're yet to respond to. Why don't you answer that?

The evidence of the God will depend on the God in question. When you've answered my question and let me know the God you have in mind, then I'll answer yours.
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by Kay17: 12:06pm On Jul 22, 2012
noetic16:

This is quite IDIOTIC.

What is that evidence that supports your atheistic postulations? You rely on theories that are not empirical, hence, you rely on faith.

On the other hand, the evidences for God are numerous and subjective.

Science isn't empirical??

What is the proof for God, and note if you intend to set out proofs for God, don't use faith.
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jul 22, 2012
Kay 17:

Science isn't empirical??

What is the proof for God, and note if you intend to set out proofs for God, don't use faith.

again more obfuscating nonsense. At no point did noetic16 claim that science as a whole is empirical... but based on your own definition of "empirical"... do you believe that the big b[i]a[/i]ng theory has empirical evidence to support it?
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by Kay17: 6:29pm On Jul 22, 2012
The Big Bang theory is a scientific theory, and as such has an empirical basis.
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jul 22, 2012
Kay 17: The Big Bang theory is a scientific theory, and as such has an empirical basis.

You bro are very ignorant and obstinate in your blind faith. A theory has an empirical basis WHEN YOU CAN SHOW that empirical evidence... not merely because it is a "scientific theory".
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by thehomer: 8:47pm On Jul 22, 2012
davidylan:

You bro are very ignorant and obstinate in your blind faith. A theory has an empirical basis WHEN YOU CAN SHOW that empirical evidence... not merely because it is a "scientific theory".

Can you mention three scientific theories that have no empirical basis?
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by FXKing2012(m): 10:22am On Jul 23, 2012
thehomer:

I first asked you a question that you're yet to respond to. Why don't you answer that?

The evidence of the God will depend on the God in question. When you've answered my question and let me know the God you have in mind, then I'll answer yours.

Why are u atheists only good at asking questions (albeit stupid) but never good at answering questions?
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by Avicenna: 10:46am On Jul 23, 2012
Sieving the insults from the posts is a herculean task.
Phew!!
I don't give a damn about politeness and courtesy anymore.
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by savcy(m): 5:11pm On Jul 23, 2012
MacDaddy01:

Faith cannot b 'logical'. True. Logic applys only 2 tins that are 'seen'. In d midieval ages it was 'illogical' for d earth 2b spherical. Pple like u wud hv maimed 2 uphold ds fact. Atheism is nt a religious stance, its is been ignorant of realities beyond what u see and know.
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by Areaboy2(m): 6:10pm On Jul 23, 2012
FXKing2012:

Why are u atheists only good at asking questions (albeit stupid) but never good at answering questions?

cos asking questions is what brought us to our conclusions. You should try it, it doesn't hurt to ask questions. They only silly question is the one you don't ask

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Why Didnt You Go To Church Today? / Who Created God Or How Did God Come Into Existence? / Is It Right Or Wrong For Women To Wear Trousers.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.