Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,186 members, 7,822,006 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. (8706 Views)

Three Arguments For God's Existence / My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! / A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by Ptolomeus(m): 10:18pm On Jul 09, 2012
spikes C: all these stup!d boys calling themselves atheists.
You went to a Christian school right? It's awful to see how a Christian say those things ... is a lack of education and respect. That is a sin!. You should apologize or go to hell.

spikes C:
ps: all real atheists does not believe in God but they believe there is a supernatural being who run things
Pathetic!
unattested says atheists believe in a supernatural god??
Surely you are a kid to write hidden on the computer.
Go do your homework, and do not opines on major issues!
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by MacDaddy01: 10:27pm On Jul 09, 2012
noetic16:

1.What is the scientific explanation for humans having dreams about future events in graphic details such that the components of the dream had not been encountered by the human, up until the time of the dream and its subsequent manifestation in reality? Hiding your ignorance behind science is quite dumb. One phenomenal fact that we are incapable of assimilating is the ability of dreams to come to reality, on its own it serves as no evidence for anything, but it buttresses the notion that there is a place or realm that is beyond the present limitations of our material world. This realm is a very strong evidence for the existence of God. Hence, I agree with the OP that the essence of dreams attaining reality is a valid argument or evidence for the existence of God.

2. Do you any scientific explanation for Deja vu feelings? To add to the OP, perhaps you should relate the context of deja vu to destiny. Destiny presupposes human limitations in many facets of life including where, how and when we are born and also many other events that happen to us in life. Thus IMO, deja vu is a spiritual phenomenum that correlates with a spiritual realm, hence, a valid submission for the existence of God.

3. Honestly, religious aside, how can you not be fascinated with the universe and the beauty of our existence? What are the chances that humans who have only lived a few decades would have answers to potent question with regards to the origins of the universe? Why do you think that this piece of intelligence could not have been the product of a super-intelligent being?

4. I agree with the OP's argument here, you have not said anything worth pondering over that counters this argument.

5. Have you got any explanation for the origin of life?

1) We all know that people dream. A dream coming true is either a self-fulfilling prophecy, a false awakening or a coincidence, nothing spiritual.

2) De ja vus happen. Just because it is complex, subjective and strange doesnt mean that it is spiritual. There are drugs that can increase the chances of De ja vu and also theories regarding de ja vu. There is no mention of de ja vu in the bible or quran or talmud It is funny how religionists jump at anything that is hard to explain as "spiritual"

3) Evolution. Heard of it? As for the first life forms, evolution does not explain how they came about but evolution explains how other organisms evolved into humans. Just because we dont know some things about the origin of life doesnt mean that we should lump it up to god. God of the gaps

4)
MacDaddy01:

"Before something can change, before something can act or be acted upon, it must exist."

Cause and effect does not apply to existence or the beginning of existence. Whatever caused the universe into existence has to exist itself and therefore it is a part of existence- paradox.

5)
MacDaddy01:

"Before something can change, before something can act or be acted upon, it must exist."

Cause and effect does not apply to existence or the beginning of existence. Whatever caused the universe into existence has to exist itself and therefore it is a part of existence- paradox.
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by Kay17: 11:06pm On Jul 09, 2012
Deep Sight:

I have often had the feeling that being the owner of this forum you would be the repository of all the wisdom and foolishness that has herein passed. It appears that you are the repository of the latter, but not of the former.

That appears to be his humble, honest view; he doesn't have to agree with you.
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by FXKing2012(m): 11:12pm On Jul 09, 2012
mkmyers45:

Similar Sleep-Memory Patterns Repetitions are possible....are dreams created/fashioned by this super-natural being? You talk of dreaming what occurs...what happens to imaginations, what of dream memories? is it really a received memory or something that has always been there...

P:S: Answer the other questions...

I cant help but wonder if you intentionally mixed it up or if u just truly did not understand my point. I wasnt talking about dreaming about an event that happened, I'm talking about dreaming about something u knew nothing about only for it to come to reality sometimes in the future. At such a time it may then hit you like 'waooo I dreamed of exactly this sometimes back'. Pls how do you explain this away if you dont believe in the spiritual realm? The dream thing simply points to the fact that there is more to us and to life than just the physical.

1 Like

Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by mkmyers45(m): 11:20pm On Jul 09, 2012
FXKing2012:

I cant help but wonder if you intentionally mixed it up or if u just truly did not understand my point. I wasnt talking about dreaming about an event that happened, I'm talking about dreaming about something u knew nothing about only for it to come to reality sometimes in the future. At such a time it may then hit you like 'waooo I dreamed of exactly this sometimes back'. Pls how do you explain this away if you dont believe in the spiritual realm? The dream thing simply points to the fact that there is more to us and to life than just the physical.

Does this happen to you? Do you have record of this dreams? Did they re-occur exactly? But i still maintain that the human mind is fully under the spell of subconscious and sometimes you do,say and even be right in the middle of things without remembering...
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by Kay17: 11:26pm On Jul 09, 2012
FXKing2012: It should first be noted that atheism was imported to Africa, our forefathers were very religious so atheism was never our thing. I had to clear this out because of the atheists in this forum who keep shouting about how Christianity and Islam were imported to Africa as if atheism was not.
With that cleared, let me give you the 5 arguments that killed atheism:

1) Dreams come true: have you ever dreamed and it later happened to you in real life? Most people (if not all) have experienced this, so how do u explain it if you dont believe in the spirit realm?

2) De javu: Have you ever had a feeling of de javu? If so then how do u explain it away?

3) Universal Order: The order that exists in the universe, given the way the planets and stars complement one another, is just extraordinary and could never have been an accident; how the energy level on earth is just enough for life to flourish; how microbes, plants and animals all complement one another in the delicate balance of life, etc etc. Do you think all these is just one big coincidence? There must be an intelligent being (does not matter the name you choose to call it)behind it all.

4) Cause and Effect: For every cause there is definitely an effect. If there is life on earth and the universe is well balanced, something (or someone) must have caused it - it couldnt have all happened out of nothing.

5) Life on Earth: Life can NEVER come from any inanimate object, so where do u think life came from? There is definitely someone out there who gave life to the first life.

If you can't explain it, therefore its GoD!! #godofgaps
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by Kay17: 11:27pm On Jul 09, 2012
How is a dream connected to the Spiritual realm??
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by mkmyers45(m): 11:31pm On Jul 09, 2012
Kay 17: How is a dream connected to the Spiritual realm??

maybe fx2012 can enlghten us
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by FXKing2012(m): 6:52am On Jul 10, 2012
Kay 17: How is a dream connected to the Spiritual realm??

There are only 2 realms: physical and spiritual. Everything that happens; everything we experience is either physical or metaphysical. Now, if something aint physical or cant be explained scientifically, then common sense tells us it has to be spiritual or simply beyond physical. Now, question is do u believe when your dream comes to fruition in reality it is beyond physical?

1 Like

Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by Delafruita(m): 8:31am On Jul 10, 2012
FXKing2012:

There are only 2 realms: physical and spiritual. Everything that happens; everything we experience is either physical or metaphysical. Now, if something aint physical or cant be explained scientifically, then common sense tells us it has to be spiritual or simply beyond physical. Now, question is do u believe when your dream comes to fruition in reality it is beyond physical?
what makes you think there are just 2 realms?what evidence do you have to prove there are just 2 realms?besides you are yet to respond to the earlier question regarding the acclaimed "spirit" of adam.the bible potrays a scenario in which adam required the breath of life to be a living thing.he required that breath to move,eat,see and do every other thing a living thing does.now a goat also has all the characteristics of a living thing.it moves,eats,reproduces etc.the only difference between a goat and man is that a goat behaves as it goat and a man behaves as a man.it could be argued that a man is not superior to a goat but thats talk for another day
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by Delafruita(m): 8:31am On Jul 10, 2012
FXKing2012:

what makes you think there are just 2 realms?what evidence do you have to prove there are just 2 realms?besides you are yet to respond to the earlier question regarding the acclaimed "spirit" of adam.the bible potrays a scenario in which adam required the breath of life to be a living thing.he required that breath to move,eat,see and do every other thing a living thing does.now a goat also has all the characteristics of a living thing.it moves,eats,reproduces etc.the only difference between a goat and man is that a goat behaves as it goat and a man behaves as a man.it could be argued that a man is not superior to a goat but thats talk for another day
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by Delafruita(m): 8:32am On Jul 10, 2012
FXKing2012:

what makes you think there are just 2 realms?what evidence do you have to prove there are just 2 realms?besides you are yet to respond to the earlier question regarding the acclaimed "spirit" of adam.the bible potrays a scenario in which adam required the breath of life to be a living thing.he required that breath to move,eat,see and do every other thing a living thing does.now a goat also has all the characteristics of a living thing.it moves,eats,reproduces etc.the only difference between a goat and man is that a goat behaves as it goat and a man behaves as a man.it could be argued that a man is not superior to a goat but thats talk for another day.
to my question,if adam required the breath of life to be a living thing,did the goat also require the breath of life?
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by FXKing2012(m): 9:37am On Jul 10, 2012
Delafruita:
what makes you think there are just 2 realms?what evidence do you have to prove there are just 2 realms?besides you are yet to respond to the earlier question regarding the acclaimed "spirit" of adam.the bible potrays a scenario in which adam required the breath of life to be a living thing.he required that breath to move,eat,see and do every other thing a living thing does.now a goat also has all the characteristics of a living thing.it moves,eats,reproduces etc.the only difference between a goat and man is that a goat behaves as it goat and a man behaves as a man.it could be argued that a man is not superior to a goat but thats talk for another day.
to my question,if adam required the breath of life to be a living thing,did the goat also require the breath of life?

Already told u that the breath of life which God breathed into Adam was the infusion of God's spirit into man, which makes us spirit beings. And that is why we are way superior to animals. God gave life to animals just the way He gave life to plants and microbes.
And if u say man is not superior to a goat, pls make it clear that u are speaking for yourself cos I know my own value.
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by Delafruita(m): 10:00am On Jul 10, 2012
FXKing2012:

Already told u that the breath of life which God breathed into Adam was the infusion of God's spirit into man, which makes us spirit beings. And that is why we are way superior to animals. God gave life to animals just the way He gave life to plants and microbes.
And if u say man is not superior to a goat, pls make it clear that u are speaking for yourself cos I know my own value.
what characteristic does this spirit bring to man that is absent in other animals?
when i say a man is not superior to a goat,i mean in the aminal realm,man and goat are simply different specie of animals.they both ehibit the same characteristics albeit on different scales.in the world of a goat,a goat is its own king.same as a dog,lion,zebra or even a porcupine.in their respective habitats,they exhibit the traits a human exhibits.in essence,what xtic does this spirit confer that gives us a distinct difference from these animals
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by noetic16(m): 10:14am On Jul 10, 2012
MacDaddy01:

1) We all know that people dream. A dream coming true is either a self-fulfilling prophecy, a false awakening or a coincidence, nothing spiritual.

You shot yourself in the foot. If a dream is a self-fulfilling prophecy does that not connote spiritualism or a realm outside of the material? For a fact we know that the brain is incapable of graphically describing future events as done in dreams. Hence, meaningfully-prophesying dreams are from a different realm.

2) De ja vus happen. Just because it is complex, subjective and strange doesnt mean that it is spiritual. There are drugs that can increase the chances of De ja vu and also theories regarding de ja vu. There is no mention of de ja vu in the bible or quran or talmud It is funny how religionists jump at anything that is hard to explain as "spiritual"
Whats your point? Do you actually know what Deja vu means?

3) Evolution. Heard of it? As for the first life forms, evolution does not explain how they came about but evolution explains how other organisms evolved into humans. Just because we dont know some things about the origin of life doesnt mean that we should lump it up to god. God of the gaps
Evolution does not explain the origin of life. What are the components of the first chemical reaction as claimed by evolution? What are the chemical components of the big-bang? Perhaps you refer to biogenesis, even that does a very bad job at explaining the origin of life.

4. Your assertion assumes that there was a point in time where NOTHING existed. What is the basis of this assumption?
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by Nobody: 10:22am On Jul 10, 2012
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by vescucci(m): 10:48am On Jul 10, 2012
Wow, though. Those arguments really murdered atheism oh. I mean, there's no wiggle room at all. Anything we cannot explain at the moment is ergo supernatural. And anything supernatural leads to the irrefutable conclusion that there is God.

I'm not an atheist but I always maintain that the most reasonable position one can ever take in matters of religion is atheism or if you don't wanna go nihilist, perhaps agnosticism. I'm deist. But the reason for me being so is for me alone. I don't expect it to make sense to anyone. If you say you dream dreams that come true, that by no means is not a phenomenon that everyone experiences. Most deja vu feelings come from dreams that we remember and are similar. It's when someone comes to me and says I dreamt that a meteorite will fall on the White House on October 4th and that indeed happens, that I'll believe in dreams' power. Nobody remembers that he dreamt a thing until that thing has already happened. Let's be honest with orselves
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by lekkie073(m): 11:25am On Jul 10, 2012
FXKing2012: It should first be noted that atheism was imported to Africa, our forefathers were very religious so atheism was never our thing. I had to clear this out because of the atheists in this forum who keep shouting about how Christianity and Islam were imported to Africa as if atheism was not.
With that cleared, let me give you the 5 arguments that killed atheism:

5) Life on Earth: Life can NEVER come from any inanimate object, so where do u think life came from? There is definitely someone out there who gave life to the first life.
If water continously pass along a line on a cemented floor or wall, after a time, u notice some greenish particles developing there. Those particles are organisms( unicellular organisms living). So can u see that animate can develop from inanimate?
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by MacDaddy01: 11:49am On Jul 10, 2012
noetic16:

You shot yourself in the foot. If a dream is a self-fulfilling prophecy does that not connote spiritualism or a realm outside of the material? For a fact we know that the brain is incapable of graphically describing future events as done in dreams. Hence, meaningfully-prophesying dreams are from a different realm.

Dumbazz, do you know what a self-fulfilling prophecy is? There is nothing spiritual about it. It just means that it is a prophecy that comes true only because one acted on it. Self-fulfilling prophecies can be avoided. You are really ignorant. If I tell someone that he will be rich and he believes this and he works hard to be rich, that is a self-fulfilling prophecy. He could have been poor by not doing anything

noetic16:
Whats your point? Do you actually know what Deja vu means?
De ja vu is memory based. Nothing spiritual. If there are drugs that can increase chances of experiencing de ja vu, it is not spiritual.

noetic16:
Evolution does not explain the origin of life. What are the components of the first chemical reaction as claimed by evolution? What are the chemical components of the big-bang? Perhaps you refer to biogenesis, even that does a very bad job at explaining the origin of life.

I already said that evolution does not explain how the first organisms came. Just because we dont fully know everything about the origin of life deosnt meant that we should attribute it to God. If scientists thought like this, we would still be believing that the sun moves around the earth from the bible.

noetic16:
4. Your assertion assumes that there was a point in time where NOTHING existed. What is the basis of this assumption?

Big Bang?
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by FXKing2012(m): 12:05pm On Jul 10, 2012
lekkie073:
If water continously pass along a line on a cemented floor or wall, after a time, u notice some greenish particles developing there. Those particles are organisms( unicellular organisms living). So can u see that animate can develop from inanimate?

OK, this must be the dumbest response ever!
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by mkmyers45(m): 12:16pm On Jul 10, 2012
vescucci: Wow, though. Those arguments really murdered atheism oh. I mean, there's no wiggle room at all. Anything we cannot explain at the moment is ergo supernatural. And anything supernatural leads to the irrefutable conclusion that there is God.

I'm not an atheist but I always maintain that the most reasonable position one can ever take in matters of religion is atheism or if you don't wanna go nihilist, perhaps agnosticism. I'm deist. But the reason for me being so is for me alone. I don't expect it to make sense to anyone. If you say you dream dreams that come true, that by no means is not a phenomenon that everyone experiences. Most deja vu feelings come from dreams that we remember and are similar. It's when someone comes to me and says I dreamt that a meteorite will fall on the White House on October 4th and that indeed happens, that I'll believe in dreams' power. Nobody remembers that he dreamt a thing until that thing has already happened. Let's be honest with orselves

God of the gaps? I don't think so....
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by Delafruita(m): 12:52pm On Jul 10, 2012
FXKing2012:

OK, this must be the dumbest response ever!
he raised a good point albeit from a layman's point of view
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by mkmyers45(m): 1:21pm On Jul 10, 2012
Viewing this topic: apocalypse, lekkie073, FXKing2012(m)

Hand dey pain you?
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jul 10, 2012
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by lekkie073(m): 1:29pm On Jul 10, 2012
mkmyers45: Viewing this topic: apocalypse, lekkie073, FXKing2012(m)

Hand dey pain you?
No mind d guy, e dey try to google d next thing to say
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jul 10, 2012

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Who Created God Or How Did God Come Into Existence? / Where Will You Worship God Today? / Is It Right Or Wrong For Women To Wear Trousers.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.