Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,184 members, 7,822,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:52 AM

The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. (8705 Views)

Three Arguments For God's Existence / My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! / A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by Kay17: 8:35pm On Jul 13, 2012
vescucci:

True. But imagine this. Would you say that atheism would seize to exist if there were no religionists? This is not a leading question. I just wonder about it myself. Say you find yourself in a planet of androids who can't even comprehend anything beyond what can be seen or the effect felt. Would atheism become redundant?

I have also thought of that, if there were no theists, there wouldn't be atheists from one view and the opposite view that everyone would be unconscious atheists.

For the second, that would an epistemological question.I'm not sure.
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by FXKing2012(m): 7:40am On Jul 14, 2012
Why do atheists always seek for proof in order for them to believe? Dont they know not everything can and must be proven? There are experiences that happen to you and u are sure of it but u really cant explain it in words and cant even prove it to anyone. Can any atheist claim he has never had a personal experience which blew him/her away yet he has no way of proving it to someone else.
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by thehomer: 10:50am On Jul 14, 2012
FXKing2012: Why do atheists always seek for proof in order for them to believe? Dont they know not everything can and must be proven? There are experiences that happen to you and u are sure of it but u really cant explain it in words and cant even prove it to anyone. Can any atheist claim he has never had a personal experience which blew him/her away yet he has no way of proving it to someone else.

Atheists ask for evidence because it is better to believe based on evidence than without or against the available evidence.
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jul 14, 2012
thehomer:

Atheists ask for evidence because it is better to believe based on evidence than without or against the available evidence.

Really? undecided There is just no point debating this clear fallacy. The evidence is clear that majority of the atheists here have no clue what "evidence" they claim to defend.
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by Kay17: 2:53pm On Jul 14, 2012
noetic16:

1.What is the scientific explanation for humans having dreams about future events in graphic details such that the components of the dream had not been encountered by the human, up until the time of the dream and its subsequent manifestation in reality? Hiding your ignorance behind science is quite dumb. One phenomenal fact that we are incapable of assimilating is the ability of dreams to come to reality, on its own it serves as no evidence for anything, but it buttresses the notion that there is a place or realm that is beyond the present limitations of our material world. This realm is a very strong evidence for the existence of God. Hence, I agree with the OP that the essence of dreams attaining reality is a valid argument or evidence for the existence of God.

2. Do you any scientific explanation for Deja vu feelings? To add to the OP, perhaps you should relate the context of deja vu to destiny. Destiny presupposes human limitations in many facets of life including where, how and when we are born and also many other events that happen to us in life. Thus IMO, deja vu is a spiritual phenomenum that correlates with a spiritual realm, hence, a valid submission for the existence of God.

3. Honestly, religious aside, how can you not be fascinated with the universe and the beauty of our existence? What are the chances that humans who have only lived a few decades would have answers to potent question with regards to the origins of the universe? Why do you think that this piece of intelligence could not have been the product of a super-intelligent being?

4. I agree with the OP's argument here, you have not said anything worth pondering over that counters this argument.

5. Have you got any explanation for the origin of life?

What matters is how satisfactory the explanation is. If we instinctively seek the origin of everything, then what's the origin of this superintelligent Creator of the universe
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by FXKing2012(m): 5:04pm On Jul 14, 2012
thehomer:

But these atheists never give u any evidence of whatever it is they believe, so shld they keep demanding evidence?
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jul 14, 2012
FXKing2012:

But these atheists never give u any evidence of whatever it is they believe, so shld they keep demanding evidence?

Please help me ask am.
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by Delafruita(m): 5:49pm On Jul 14, 2012
FXKing2012:

there's plenty of evidence to confirm that christianity is a man-made religion with no divinity attached to it.whats more,its the bible itself that provides these evidence
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by FXKing2012(m): 9:40pm On Jul 14, 2012
Delafruita:
there's plenty of evidence to confirm that christianity is a man-made religion with no divinity attached to it.whats more,its the bible itself that provides these evidence

Pls stop saying there is evidence when u cant even show us any. Show us the evidence for once that the Bible is not God's word.
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by FXKing2012(m): 3:21pm On Jul 15, 2012
It's good to see all these atheists go dumb as a result of their inability to debunk my 5 arguments, I only hope they act smart and turn away fom their dark path to nowhere hell. Jesus loves you!
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by thehomer: 4:03pm On Jul 15, 2012
davidylan:

Really? undecided There is just no point debating this clear fallacy. The evidence is clear that majority of the atheists here have no clue what "evidence" they claim to defend.

What was fallacious about that statement?
Have you ever asked for evidence from me and I refused to present it?
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by thehomer: 4:07pm On Jul 15, 2012
FXKing2012:

Come now this is plainly false as there are links right on this thread demonstrating otherwise. Just follow the links in this quote to see the error of your statement.

ghostofsparta:
Well...
I believe theHomer and areaBoy have done that, which started when you fell into my trap here: https://www.nairaland.com/986687/how-murdered-5-argument-killed#11401149

As for evidence of the Big B*ng theory, check here:
https://www.nairaland.com/989023/evidence-bing-b4ng-theory#11417191

I didn't state I'm going to give evidence of the Big B4ng Theory nor Evolution, I was the first to demand that you show me evidence of an Angel/Jeovah/Allah/ and I'll give you evidence of any of the pagan deities I listed above....I'm still waiting o.
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by FXKing2012(m): 9:15pm On Jul 15, 2012
thehomer:

Come now this is plainly false as there are links right on this thread demonstrating otherwise. Just follow the links in this quote to see the error of your statement.

I've taken time to go thru the links u posted and they are threads started by ghostofspata, and they tell us absolutely nothing about the evidence u so claim. All what he listed a regards the big ba.ng theory do not give us any proof of the theory. And his attempt to debunk my 5 arguments that killed atheism was a total flop and even a disservice to atheism.
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by Nobody: 3:24am On Jul 16, 2012
FXKing2012:

I've taken time to go thru the links u posted and they are threads started by ghostofspata, and [b]they tell us absolutely nothing about the evidence u so claim. All what he listed a regards the big ba.ng theory do not give us any proof of the theory. And his attempt to debunk my 5 arguments that killed atheism was a total flop and even a disservice to atheism.[/b]

Either he is blind, deliberately being dishonest or both... thehomer is an exercise in obfuscation and cheap pettifogging.
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by Ishilove: 4:08am On Jul 16, 2012
FXKing2012:

I've taken time to go thru the links u posted and they are threads started by ghostofspata, and they tell us absolutely nothing about the evidence u so claim. All what he listed a regards the big ba.ng theory do not give us any proof of the theory. And his attempt to debunk my 5 arguments that killed atheism was a total flop and even a disservice to atheism.
Why do you bother arguing,FXKing2012? Why??
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by FXKing2012(m): 7:21am On Jul 16, 2012
davidylan:

Either he is blind, deliberately being dishonest or both... thehomer is an exercise in obfuscation and cheap pettifogging.

lol. . .now u got me laughing in several languages.

1 Like

Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by Areaboy2(m): 9:52am On Jul 16, 2012
FXKing2012: It's good to see all these atheists go dumb as a result of their [b]inability to debunk my 5 arguments, I only hope they act smart and turn away fom their dark path to nowhere hell. Jesus loves you![/b]

Are you serious?? you have just refused to read through them. Even if all of them aren't "conclusive" enough for you, you have to admit more than half of your "5 arguments" r based on flawed ideas. Which makes it pointless to even answer.

It is important to note that a huge percentage of us were not born atheists. but I can bet, near 100% of you lot were born religious. Talk about being closed minded
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by FXKing2012(m): 11:41am On Jul 16, 2012
Area_boy:

Are you serious?? you have just refused to read through them. Even if all of them aren't "conclusive" enough for you, you have to admit more than half of your "5 arguments" r based on flawed ideas. Which makes it pointless to even answer.

It is important to note that a huge percentage of us were not born atheists. but I can bet, near 100% of you lot were born religious. Talk about being closed minded

Jesus loves you and gave His life for u. Think about that!

1 Like

Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by Kay17: 11:50am On Jul 16, 2012
A Greater God is one that neither dies nor is born.
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by Areaboy2(m): 12:15pm On Jul 16, 2012
FXKing2012:

Jesus loves you and gave His life for u. Think about that!

LoL. don't bother. I prolly was more evangelical than you in my days. My search and questioning opened up a whole new field of reason. Now I saved myself from the delusion that is god (Abraham's one to be precise).

At one point, I held on to Christianity for the moral values we can learn from the bible. This fell apart when I read the bible from top to bottom. Morality is not a product of religion (this can be argued in so many different ways) I must confess though, the only inspiring part of the bible in my opinion is the Sermon Jesus gave on the mount.

However, we can equate it to the golden rule. So that throws the whole point of the religion out of the window. I'm an agnostic and will only come back to religion when I see concrete evidence. In absence of that I'm sure I'll keep an open mind to everything else

I'm sure Jesus would love me and you. But that doesn't prove he is god undecided
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by DeepSight(m): 1:54pm On Jul 16, 2012
Area_boy:

LoL. don't bother. I prolly was more evangelical than you in my days. My search and questioning opened up a whole new field of reason. Now I saved myself from the delusion that is god (Abraham's one to be precise).

At one point, I held on to Christianity for the moral values we can learn from the bible. This fell apart when I read the bible from top to bottom. Morality is not a product of religion (this can be argued in so many different ways) I must confess though, the only inspiring part of the bible in my opinion is the Sermon Jesus gave on the mount.

However, we can equate it to the golden rule. So that throws the whole point of the religion out of the window. I'm an agnostic and will only come back to religion when I see concrete evidence. In absence of that I'm sure I'll keep an open mind to everything else

I'm sure Jesus would love me and you. But that doesn't prove he is god undecided

PERFECT!
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by FXKing2012(m): 4:38pm On Jul 16, 2012
Area_boy:

Eh-yah, what a lost soul. May u be found I pray.

1 Like

Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by thehomer: 5:26pm On Jul 16, 2012
FXKing2012:

Hold on for a moment. What do you think evidence for the big bang would look like?
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by thehomer: 5:29pm On Jul 16, 2012
davidylan:

Woah davidylan. Why do you continue with such lies and insults? I've asked you twice recently to show me where you asked for evidence and I didn't provide it. You chose to run away those two times yet you have the guts to come here and tell such lies? I thought you were changing for the better. Or has the delirium worn off?

1 Like

Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by Areaboy2(m): 5:31pm On Jul 16, 2012
FXKing2012:

Eh-yah, what a lost soul. May u be found I pray.

obviously you have nothing better to say.

I guess its ok though. I'm not here to convert anyone. Just that there are only a handful of religionists who can put up a strong argument (a strong philosophical one) why they believe.
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jul 16, 2012
thehomer:

Woah davidylan. Why do you continue with such lies and insults? I've asked you twice recently to show me where you asked for evidence and I didn't provide it. You chose to run away those two times yet you have the guts to come here and tell such lies? I thought you were changing for the better. Or has the delirium worn off?

Na, i chose to get a life... my existence does not consist of responding to illogicality, lies and half-truths.

... and no i have not "lied" as you falsely claim... myself, debosky and FXking2012 have the same opinion of you when it comes to your penchant for avoiding serious questions. Please try again.

and no i have not insulted you, called you names or demeaned you... its a shame you now resort to cheap slander and blackmail. I have only called out your actions for what they are.

1 Like

Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jul 16, 2012
Area_boy:

obviously you have nothing better to say.

I guess its ok though. I'm not here to convert anyone. Just that there are only a handful of religionists who can put up a strong argument (a strong philosophical one) why they believe.

and where is your strong argument for why you dont believe? undecided
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by thehomer: 6:14pm On Jul 16, 2012
davidylan:

Na, i chose to get a life... my existence does not consist of responding to illogicality, lies and half-truths.

... and no i have not "lied" as you falsely claim... myself, debosky and FXking2012 have the same opinion of you when it comes to your penchant for avoiding serious questions. Please try again.

and no i have not insulted you, called you names or demeaned you... its a shame you now resort to cheap slander and blackmail. I have only called out your actions for what they are.

Now you're just being ridiculous. You're simply making an appeal to popularity which doesn't help you.
As I told you before, your presentation of evidence to show your integrity. When you make make claims without supporting them, then you're opening yourself up to being a liar since it is liars that generally make claims that they cannot support. Making a fallacious appeal to popularity makes you come across as either ignorant or deliberately misleading (which is another thing that liars do).
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by Areaboy2(m): 6:19pm On Jul 16, 2012
davidylan:

and where is your strong argument for why you dont believe? undecided

you obviously miss my point with that statement. My claim is that there only exists a deeper philosophical reason why someone will believe in a god or not. Since all other evidence (or lack of it) has been turned upside down.

I'm sure we have had a conversation along those lines before. I'm weary to engage you again mate. We'll just go round in circles with no conclusion. I have a life u know?
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by Ishilove: 6:57pm On Jul 16, 2012
I am so loving this thread...

Grown asss men calling themselves names. . . Let the fun continue grin
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jul 16, 2012
Area_boy:

you obviously miss my point with that statement. My claim is that there only exists a deeper philosophical reason why someone will believe in a god or not. Since all other evidence (or lack of it) has been turned upside down.

But your typical atheist would clearly disagree with you since his "reason" for disbelief is allegedly hinging on scientific evidence to the contrary. Even you have made a half-hearted plug for the superiority of the pseudo-scientific narrative.

Area_boy:
I'm sure we have had a conversation along those lines before. I'm weary to engage you again mate. We'll just go round in circles with no conclusion. I have a life u know?

I agree... same here.
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by FXKing2012(m): 10:45pm On Jul 16, 2012
thehomer:

Hold on for a moment. What do you think evidence for the big bang would look like?

What do u think evidence of God would look like?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Why Didnt You Go To Church Today? / Who Created God Or How Did God Come Into Existence? / Where Will You Worship God Today?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.