Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,040 members, 7,821,582 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:19 PM

The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. (8702 Views)

Three Arguments For God's Existence / My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! / A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by FXKing2012(m): 10:50pm On Jul 16, 2012
Area_boy:

obviously you have nothing better to say.

I guess its ok though. I'm not here to convert anyone. Just that there are only a handful of religionists who can put up a strong argument (a strong philosophical one) why they believe.

I sure have so much to say but my dearest, Ishilove, has advised me to stop arguing wt u guys. I pray u start seeing wt your spiritual eye and stop seeing only wt ur optical eye.
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by FXKing2012(m): 10:52pm On Jul 16, 2012
Ishilove: I am so loving this thread...

Grown asss men calling themselves names. . . Let the fun continue grin

Lol.
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by Ishilove: 2:40am On Jul 17, 2012
FXKing2012:

I sure have so much to say but my dearest, Ishilove, has advised me to stop arguing wt u guys. I pray u start seeing wt your spiritual eye and stop seeing only wt ur optical eye.
Better. . .
There is no point arguing, my dear FXking2012, because it is a vicious circle of endless debates that lead nowhere sad. I jump into these threads just for the heck of it; to shudder at some comments and guffaw at others.

Ignorance is bliss, dear one, and these atheist brothers of ours choose to revel in theirs, seeking an unattainable proof that YHWH, the Most High, exists. My heart bleeds for them sad. They have tried to box Him into the four corners of 'logic' and 'science', completely unaware that our God is 'unboxable'. Though these people choose to deny our God, He still loves them with an everlasting love. Though they spit on His name, it dosen't He is not at work in their lives. His grace is suffecient for them.

Instead of arguing with them, dear one, let us pray for them, that God reveal Himself to them, just as He revealed Himself to us. Argument aint gonna convert nobody. "Not by power, not by might, but by my Spirit", remember?
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by Ishilove: 2:42am On Jul 17, 2012
FXKing2012:

Lol.
Abi na? It is very amusing
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by FXKing2012(m): 5:58am On Jul 17, 2012
Ishilove:
Better. . .
There is no point arguing, my dear FXking2012, because it is a vicious circle of endless debates that lead nowhere sad. I jump into these threads just for the heck of it; to shudder at some comments and guffaw at others.

Ignorance is bliss, dear one, and these atheist brothers of ours choose to revel in theirs, seeking an unattainable proof that YHWH, the Most High, exists. My heart bleeds for them sad. They have tried to box Him into the four corners of 'logic' and 'science', completely unaware that our God is 'unboxable'. Though these people choose to deny our God, He still loves them with an everlasting love. Though they spit on His name, it dosen't He is not at work in their lives. His grace is suffecient for them.

Instead of arguing with them, dear one, let us pray for them, that God reveal Himself to them, just as He revealed Himself to us. Argument aint gonna convert nobody. "Not by power, not by might, but by my Spirit", remember?

Darling it couldnt have been better said, in fact u have 'oversaid' it. I truly pray these guys look beyond logic and empirical evidence to understand and believe in God. The beautiful thing is God is so gracious that He is willing to forgive and accept them once they repent.
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by FXKing2012(m): 2:10pm On Jul 18, 2012
atheism is dead and buried![b][/b]
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by Areaboy2(m): 2:39pm On Jul 18, 2012
FXKing2012: atheism is dead and buried![b][/b]

well, that is your opinion. dunno why you make such a big deal out of it. No one has ever forced you to be one. That cannot be said about religion undecided
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jul 18, 2012
Area_boy:

well, that is your opinion. dunno why you make such a big deal out of it. No one has ever forced you to be one. That cannot be said about religion undecided

I wonder why you dont take this stance about religion?
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by Enlightened1: 9:05pm On Jul 18, 2012
Omg!!! Crazy shit going on here. How can folks in their right thinking sense say there is no God?? Now I know this surely is the end time. The bible says it is only the fool that says there is no God.

@ghostofsparta.. I enjoyed your post on the Ancient Yoruba Diety. You promised ishilove you will open a thread on it, please when will you do that? I am waiting in anticipation for the thread. God bless you all
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by Areaboy2(m): 9:35pm On Jul 18, 2012
Enlightened1: Omg!!! Crazy shit going on here. How can folks in their right thinking sense say there is no God?? Now I know this surely is the end time. The bible says it is only the fool that says there is no God.

@ghostofsparta.. I enjoyed your post on the Ancient Yoruba Diety. You promised ishilove you will open a thread on it, please when will you do that? I am waiting in anticipation for the thread. God bless you all

do me a favour can?

Go read about the Egyptian god Horus.

Come back with your report
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by FXKing2012(m): 9:53pm On Jul 18, 2012
Enlightened1: Omg!!! Crazy shit going on here. How can folks in their right thinking sense say there is no God?? Now I know this surely is the end time. The bible says it is only the fool that says there is no God.

Pls enlighten them a little bit more cos they sure do need it.
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by cyrexx: 9:57pm On Jul 18, 2012
FXKing2012:
Pls enlighten them a little bit more cos they sure do need it.

you this guy, i thought you vowed you will not bother with atheists again.
Now if they descend on your religion, you start screaming respect our religion.
Na wa o.
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by FXKing2012(m): 10:24pm On Jul 18, 2012
cyrexx:

you this guy, i thought you vowed you will not bother with atheists again.
Now if they descend on your religion, you start screaming respect our religion.
Na wa o.

And thatz why I'm asking enlightened1 to do it, I aint got their time no more.
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by Enlightened1: 12:25am On Jul 19, 2012
@ Area_Boy.
I read about Horus the egyptian god.. It doesn't make any sense to me? Is that the god you worship? Oh well everybody have the right to worship what they want. Good luck!!
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by FXKing2012(m): 9:06am On Jul 19, 2012
After thinking long and hard about it, I've come to the conclusion that atheism is the biggest problem of this world. Without atheists this world would have been by far a much better one.
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by Kay17: 9:08am On Jul 19, 2012
And what happened to inequality?

Or intolerance ethnic/religious?

Or poverty?
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by Nobody: 9:58am On Jul 19, 2012
Area_boy:

do me a favour can?

Go read about the Egyptian god Horus.

Come back with your report

Do you know anything about him? Beyond the tiny bit you were able to skim on your skeptic webpages? undecided
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by Areaboy2(m): 11:08am On Jul 19, 2012
davidylan:

Do you know anything about him? Beyond the tiny bit you were able to skim on your skeptic webpages? undecided

LOL!! certainly nothing to do with skeptics. Because the religion died doesnt mean it never existed in that way.

By the way even the Hindu god Krishna and the Greek god Attis

all virgin birth, betrayed and killed, rose again on the third day, performed miracles. Christians yell "plagiarism" to muslims where as even they have done the same.

The concept isn't new. and this has nothing to do with skeptic website. Historians will confirm this.

Find a hindu friend and ask him about Krishna. Since we cant get any old religion Egyptian or Greek undecided
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by Nobody: 11:16am On Jul 19, 2012
Area_boy:

LOL!! certainly nothing to do with skeptics. Because the religion died doesnt mean it never existed in that way.

By the way even the Hindu god Krishna and the Greek god Attis

all virgin birth, betrayed and killed, rose again on the third day, performed miracles. Christians yell "plagiarism" to muslims where as even they have done the same.

The concept isn't new. and this has nothing to do with skeptic website. Historians will confirm this.

Find a hindu friend and ask him about Krishna. Since we cant get any old religion Egyptian or Greek undecided

I think you shld go back and study first because each time you folks post all these obvious gotcha nonsense, it exposes u all for the intellectual lightweights and cerebrally lazy individuals u are. U do know that Krishna was the 8th incarnation of his mother and was concieved from the hairs of her head right? Ure also aware that there are no original documents to support your claims right?

There is far far less evidence to support these gods ever existing YET atheists put more faith in those myths than in the bible. Odd.
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by Areaboy2(m): 11:20am On Jul 19, 2012
davidylan:

I think you shld go back and study first because each time you folks post all these obvious gotcha nonsense, it exposes u all for the intellectual lightweights and cerebrally lazy individuals u are. U do know that Krishna was the 8th incarnation of his mother and was concieved from the hairs of her head right? Ure also aware that there are no original documents to support your claims right?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH. you've just fcked yourself over!!!!

Show me ONE ORIGINAL document that proves Jesus.

That is the whole point!!! they are all claims. why do we show preference over one than the others?
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by Nobody: 11:24am On Jul 19, 2012
Area_boy:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH. you've just fcked yourself over!!!!

Show me ONE ORIGINAL document that proves Jesus.

That is the whole point!!! they are all claims. why do we show preference over one than the others?

Dumb. Apparently u didn't need any document to push the Krishna myth but here u are bleating piteously for one document for Jesus?
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by Areaboy2(m): 11:27am On Jul 19, 2012
davidylan:

Dumb. Apparently u didn't need any document to push the Krishna myth but here u are bleating piteously for one document for Jesus?

It is important we all learn how to read and understand! dont come here beating your chest like a champ when you're contradicting your own line of reason.

i say again

THEY ARE ALL CLAIMS. THAT IS THE WHOLE POINT.
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by Nobody: 11:33am On Jul 19, 2012
Area_boy:

It is important we all learn how to read and understand! dont come here beating your chest like a champ when you're contradicting your own line of reason.

i say again

THEY ARE ALL CLAIMS. THAT IS THE WHOLE POINT.

A point based on what research? Because an uneducated areaboy says so?
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by Areaboy2(m): 11:46am On Jul 19, 2012
davidylan:

A point based on what research? Because an uneducated areaboy says so?

Not at all, I've never claimed fact. Neither do I believe any of those claims.

I'll try to reiterate my point, hopefully you'll get it this time

With NO hard evidence, a claim or myth should be left as what it is. Why give preference to one over the other?
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jul 19, 2012
Area_boy:

Not at all, I've never claimed fact. Neither do I believe any of those claims.

I'll try to reiterate my point, hopefully you'll get it this time

With NO hard evidence, a claim or myth should be left as what it is. Why give preference to one over the other?

and somehow you figured out that the existence of Christ has no hard evidence to back it up?
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by Areaboy2(m): 6:21pm On Jul 19, 2012
davidylan:

and somehow you figured out that the existence of Christ has no hard evidence to back it up?

with all the conflicting stories we have in the bible, I think i find it difficult to believe he existed. but again that is besides the point.

Did he do what they claim he did? was he born of a virgin? did he walk on water? did he resurrect on the third day? is he the son of god?

No evidence for these just as there's none for the other silly gods that share similar stories in one way or the other
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jul 19, 2012
Area_boy:

with all the conflicting stories we have in the bible, I think i find it difficult to believe he existed. but again that is besides the point.

Did he do what they claim he did? was he born of a virgin? did he walk on water? did he resurrect on the third day? is he the son of god?

No evidence for these just as there's none for the other silly gods that share similar stories in one way or the other

Until you are willing to show us these contradictions, u cowards are better off keeping quiet
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by Areaboy2(m): 6:56pm On Jul 19, 2012
davidylan:

Until you are willing to show us these contradictions, u cowards are better off keeping quiet

lol. you have started again! ok I want you to clarify a few things for me

1) on what day did Jesus die?
2) How many people went to his tomb on the third day and what did they see?
3) was Jesus ever in Egypt or not?
4) how many times did the cock crow for peter to deny him
5) How did Judas die
6) under what Roman ruler was Jesus born
7) What were the last words from Jesus on the cross
8 ) what happened on the way to the cross
9) what happened as soon as Jesus died
10) did one thief mock Jesus or the both of them on the cross
I can go on and on.

and please refer to as much of the 4 gospels as you answer these
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by FXKing2012(m): 10:06pm On Jul 19, 2012
Area_boy:

5) How did Judas die
I can go on and on.

All these are of absolutely no importance, what is important is to accept JESUS as your Lord and Saviour. Trust me it aint no fun being an area boy in hell.

1 Like

Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jul 19, 2012
Area_boy:

5) How did Judas die
I can go on and on.

the typical dishonest game atheists play. Why did areaboy abandon the other thread where his "contradiction" was being explained in detail only to pop up here demanding answers to 10 AT ONCE?
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by Kay17: 1:41am On Jul 20, 2012
FXKing2012:

All these are of absolutely no importance, what is important is to accept JESUS as your Lord and Saviour. Trust me it aint no fun being an area boy in hell.

BUT the bible has to be true and inerrant, for the Message of Jesus to crystallize.
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by cyrexx: 2:29am On Jul 20, 2012
Kay 17:

BUT the bible has to be true and inerrant, for the Message of Jesus to crystallize.

Nice reply,
so the fact that the bible contains some untrue statements and errors and contradictions is a valid proof that the message of Jesus might be untrue and error.
VERY NICE!
But wait, apologists will defend it ignoring all these errors...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Jehovah’s Witness And Hitler Germany: What The Watchtower Never Says / Why Didnt You Go To Church Today? / Who Created God Or How Did God Come Into Existence?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.