Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,940 members, 7,821,295 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:04 AM

The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. (8701 Views)

Three Arguments For God's Existence / My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! / A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by Nobody: 2:43am On Jul 20, 2012
Kay 17:

BUT the bible has to be true and inerrant, for the Message of Jesus to crystallize.

Including translation errors due to problems with endangered semitic languages in which several of the bible books where written? I note the typical atheist game is to set impossible standards for what they do not believe in.
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by Nobody: 2:43am On Jul 20, 2012
cyrexx:

Nice reply,
so the fact that the bible contains some untrue statements and errors and contradictions is a valid proof that the message of Jesus might be untrue and error.
VERY NICE!
But wait, apologists will defend it ignoring all these errors...

You didnt even stop for 2 secs to engage your brain before yelling "nice"?
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by cyrexx: 3:24am On Jul 20, 2012
davidylan:

You didnt even stop for 2 secs to engage your brain before yelling "nice"?

LOL,
dont you think you're refering to yourself? Did you even stop for one second to engage your brain before asking that?
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by Nobody: 11:08am On Jul 20, 2012
cyrexx:

LOL,
dont you think you're refering to yourself? Did you even stop for one second to engage your brain before asking that?

huh? I'm not the one with the brainless response to Kay17's illogicality right?

1 Like

Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by noetic16(m): 12:52pm On Jul 20, 2012
cyrexx:

Nice reply,
so the fact that the bible contains some untrue statements and errors and contradictions is a valid proof that the message of Jesus might be untrue and error.
VERY NICE!
But wait, apologists will defend it ignoring all these errors...

The fact that certain babies in Asia are born deformed, means that all babies born in Asia are deformed. You lack the intellectual prowess to reason constructively.

1 Like

Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by Kay17: 2:04pm On Jul 20, 2012
davidylan:

Including translation errors due to problems with endangered semitic languages in which several of the bible books where written? I note the typical atheist game is to set impossible standards for what they do not believe in.

Isn't that a fatal flaw?? The so called Creator communicates to his creation with another tribe's language? The almighty God's message has to be bogged down by mistranslations?? Who is god trying to communicate with??
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jul 20, 2012
Kay 17:

Isn't that a fatal flaw?? The so called Creator communicates to his creation with another tribe's language? The almighty God's message has to be bogged down by mistranslations?? Who is god trying to communicate with??

What is the "fatal flaw"? Did the English language exist 2000 yrs ago? So you expect the creator to have somehow created a separate english bible way ahead of the existence of the language so as to avoid translation errors? Laughably stup[i]i[/i]d non argument

3 Likes

Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by noetic16(m): 2:21pm On Jul 20, 2012
^^^

Perhaps Kay should apply some element of objectivity in his responses. This attempt at Christian-bashing is quite porous.
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by Ishilove: 2:32pm On Jul 20, 2012
You just can't help but love this davidylan character cheesy
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by Kay17: 4:36pm On Jul 20, 2012
davidylan:

What is the "fatal flaw"? Did the English language exist 2000 yrs ago? So you expect the creator to have somehow created a separate english bible way ahead of the existence of the language so as to avoid translation errors? Laughably stup[i]i[/i]d non argument

Of course, Hebrew isn't also the only language in the world. It still doesn't take away the flaw, since God is helpless and is unable to free the Bible from these flaws.
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jul 20, 2012
Kay 17:

Of course, Hebrew isn't also the only language in the world. It still doesn't take away the flaw, since God is helpless and is unable to free the Bible from these flaws.

Much of the bible isnt even written in hebrew. Try aramaic or greek.

To your claims - what exactly do you mean by "God is helpless"? Did you kinda expect Him to come drop the bible down in pristine form? Wasnt it written and translated multiple times by humans... many of whom were not even christians?
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by Kay17: 6:13pm On Jul 20, 2012
It goes against reason to believe a perfect Creator is the maker of an imperfect work. Also fatal for your almighty to resign to the impossibility of communcating with his Creation only thru the flawed bible.

Also the flaws in the Bible simply prove that it is just another work of man, just like the numerous holy books available.
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by cyrexx: 6:45pm On Jul 20, 2012
noetic16:

The fact that certain babies in Asia are born deformed, means that all babies born in Asia are deformed. You lack the intellectual prowess to reason constructively.

you dont need to throw insult to make your point.
Anyway, asia makes no claim that it has hundred percent accuracy of healthy babies born,
whereas, can we say the bible makes no claim that all scripture is given by the inspiration of a perfect God that we can depend on?
Pls no insults, just ignore if my question if it makes no sense to you. Thanks

1 Like

Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jul 20, 2012
Kay 17: It goes against reason to believe a perfect Creator is the maker of an imperfect work. Also fatal for your almighty to resign to the impossibility of communcating with his Creation only thru the flawed bible.

Also the flaws in the Bible simply prove that it is just another work of man, just like the numerous holy books available.

Why? Because YOU think a perfect being should create only perfect things? Is that a statement of fact or a conjecture based on your own limited reasoning?
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by Kay17: 7:05pm On Jul 20, 2012
davidylan:

Why? Because YOU think a perfect being should create only perfect things? Is that a statement of fact or a conjecture based on your own limited reasoning?

Isn't the Creation/work a mirror of the Creator?? Does a product/artpiece betray the skill and expertise of the maker??

Its Reason, a realm you are not so familiar with.

1 Like

Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by Ishilove: 7:21pm On Jul 20, 2012
Kay 17:

Isn't the Creation/work a mirror of the Creator?? Does a product/artpiece betray the skill and expertise of the maker??

Rotfl!! cheesy cheesy
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jul 20, 2012
Kay 17:

Does a car's mechanical faults betray the skill and expertise of the maker?
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by Seun(m): 9:37pm On Jul 20, 2012
davidylan: Does a car's mechanical faults betray the skill and expertise of the maker?
Yes. If a car model has a high incidence of mechanical faults, who do you blame?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by cyrexx: 9:43pm On Jul 20, 2012
Seun:
Yes. If a car model has a high incidence of mechanical faults, who do you blame?

religion apologists blame the car model while the non-religious blame the "imaginary" maker. meanwhile each party accuse each other of delusion.

1 Like

Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jul 20, 2012
Seun:

What does it mean to have a "high incidence of mechanical faults"?

My question is quite simple - if my car develops engine problems BECAUSE i drove it while the water gauge was reading empty... is that the fault of the maker or does that betray his skill?
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by Seun(m): 11:22pm On Jul 20, 2012
davidylan: My question is quite simple - if my car develops engine problems BECAUSE i drove it while the water gauge was reading empty... is that the fault of the maker or does that betray his skill?
That's a different question, but I'll answer it too. If the maker made the driver as well as the car, he will be twice to blame.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by FXKing2012(m): 11:45pm On Jul 20, 2012
Kay17 and cyrexx remind me of a chicken with bird flu being taken to the slaughterhouse to be killed but still fighting for its life. Davidylan is killing them both!

1 Like

Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by Kay17: 11:50pm On Jul 20, 2012
davidylan:

Does a car's mechanical faults betray the skill and expertise of the maker?

The more perfect the car/design, the better the maker. And in the Bible case, it being caught in the pit of misunderstandings, mistranslation, deliberate tampering, contradictions only point at a more human maker down on Earth.
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by savcy(m): 12:05am On Jul 21, 2012
angry angry

Wrong. Christianity was imported to Africa. Our forefathers were pagans. Some of our forefathers were actually atheist or agnostics. This is because some of them went against the oracles or gods f the village. My grandmother was born into paganism but did not believe in it. Atheism is worldwide. Christianity is imported[/quote]

angry angry
The OP stated that pple makes it seem like xtianity was d only form of religion(as regards d topic) that was imported. Meaning he appreciated d fact dat xtianity was imported. Also, None of fore-fathers were pagans! They all had ds spiritual appeal!
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by FXKing2012(m): 12:12am On Jul 21, 2012
savcy: angry angry

Wrong. Christianity was imported to Africa. Our forefathers were pagans. Some of our forefathers were actually atheist or agnostics. This is because some of them went against the oracles or gods f the village. My grandmother was born into paganism but did not believe in it. Atheism is worldwide. Christianity is imported

angry angry
The OP stated that pple makes it seem like xtianity was d only form of religion(as regards d topic) that was imported. Meaning he appreciated d fact dat xtianity was imported. Also, None of fore-fathers were pagans! They all had ds spiritual appeal!

at bolded shows that our fore-fathers were highly religious, pls stop contradicting yourself. And I stand by my word that atheism was imported to Africa and communism helped propagate it.
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by savcy(m): 12:14am On Jul 21, 2012
Seun:
That's a different question, but I'll answer it too. If the maker made the driver as well as the car, he will be twice to blame.

Seun,ur arguement holds no water. You are obviously deluded in ur ignorance. God owes u no explanation. Accept the truth for what it is. Evn wit 50PhDs u canot understand God. :-@
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by FXKing2012(m): 12:21am On Jul 21, 2012
savcy:

Seun,ur arguement holds no water. You are obviously deluded in ur ignorance. God owes u no explanation. Accept the truth for what it is. Evn wit 50PhDs u canot understand God. :-@

GBAMMM!!!
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by savcy(m): 12:32am On Jul 21, 2012
Seun:

Atheism is an attempt to ridicule the name of God,and deny the reality of His existence. All of ur afore-mentioned facts concurs with d reality of a God. Our 17th/18th century fathers were ignorant of d existence of a place called Germany. Did it take away the reality of the existence of Germany? Even the so-called evolutionists agrees(albeit unintentionally) with the existence of a Supreme and Sovereign Being. Cause and Effect.
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by Nobody: 12:54am On Jul 21, 2012
Seun:

apologies but that makes zero sense.

why is the car maker to blame? Did he not write a manual that the driver is given the first time he picks up the car? Is the maker responsible for making the driver take all precautions necessary to maintain the car in tip top shape? Is the maker responsible for reckless driving?

1 Like

Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by Nobody: 12:59am On Jul 21, 2012
Kay 17:

The more perfect the car/design, the better the maker. And in the Bible case, it being caught in the pit of misunderstandings, mistranslation, deliberate tampering, contradictions only point at a more human maker down on Earth.

By what standard of perfection do you judge the car and hence the skill level of the maker? undecided YOUR own brainless rhetorical standards?
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by cyrexx: 7:06am On Jul 21, 2012
savcy:

Atheism is an attempt to ridicule the name of God,and deny the reality of His existence. All of ur afore-mentioned facts concurs with d reality of a God. Our 17th/18th century fathers were ignorant of d existence of a place called Germany. Did it take away the reality of the existence of Germany? Even the so-called evolutionists agrees(albeit unintentionally) with the existence of a Supreme and Sovereign Being. Cause and Effect.

no sir, atheism is no attempt to ridicule God. it is bold rejection of what makes little or no sense to us. Christianity has successfully demonized every other thing that contradicts its belief system.

Our forefathers may wrongly deny the existence of Germany, but increased knowledge has made it unreasonable to doubt the existence of Germany now. so, as knowledge increases knowledge about Germany becomes better and better.
However as knowledge increases, what we attribute to God is being explained rationally without plugging the "God of the gaps". so as knowledge increases, the "God of the gaps" recedes more and more

If you invoke cause and effect to describe all that exist, (which must include God, since you claim he exists) then, you cant leave God out of your argument, except you mean that He is not in existence.

cheers
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by Kay17: 9:25am On Jul 21, 2012
savcy:

Why bother saying God exists??

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Four Reasons Why Spells (charms) Don't Work For You / Jehovah’s Witness And Hitler Germany: What The Watchtower Never Says / Why Didnt You Go To Church Today?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.