Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,059 members, 7,810,953 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:22 PM

Have You Met A Celebrity? - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Have You Met A Celebrity? (13145 Views)

When U Get Married To A Celebrity Branch Manager, Lol (Photo) / Ever Met A Super Jealous Woman? Check Out The World's Most Jealous Woman / Have You Met This Handsome Nigerian/chinese Guy, Chen Emmanuel? (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Met A Celebrity? by Nobody: 7:10am On Jul 10, 2012
braveheart2012: I have met the following celebrities:

1) Renee Zellweger (she bumped into me while jogging in New York and apologized profusely)
2) Jay Z (at an NBA Draft party at his club 40/40)
3) Beyonce (in front of my office building before she went on stage for an outdoor concert with NBC)
4) Sean Paul (at a restaurant in downtown NY)
5) John Legend (at a restaurant around midtown Manhattan)
6) the Black Eyed Peas (at an industry party my ex-gf dragged me to)
7) Lauryn Hill (at a friend's party in a Brooklyn bar)
cool Chaka Khan (walking the red carpet at some award show at a downtown hotel)
9) Baby Face (in the elevator at the W Hotel at Times Square)
10)Taye Diggs (he was standing in front of me in line for a Broadway show, "Spring Awakening"wink

I haven't met many Nigerian celebrities because I haven't lived in Nigeria since 2000 and I don't attend Nigerian events in the US. However, I have known Sasha since she was a little child and I know the Skuki guys from my childhood church. I saw Genevieve in the BA lounge at MMIA about three years ago (but I didn't go up to her to "meet" her).

Wow. New York is the place huh? Lol.
Re: Have You Met A Celebrity? by kaze4blues(m): 7:10am On Jul 10, 2012
Av met olamide nd a few of other yollywood celebs. Not a one-on-one basis though
Re: Have You Met A Celebrity? by aktunde(m): 7:12am On Jul 10, 2012
People I have met
1. Clarus and giringory (of new masquerade)
2. Natty (Also in the New Masquerade)
3. Baba suwe
4. Baba latin
5. Luku-luku
6. Dejo
7. Tunfulu
8. Ibu (john Okafor)
9. Opebe
10. Voltron
11. Super-Ted
12. Spider Man
13. Danger mouse
14. Sani Abacha (he still spoke with me last night)

Abi all these people no be celerity?

My observations about them

number 1 - 9 on the list is that these people are too handsome. They are ladys' men. Look at the way babes are struggling just to get autographs. While dinning with Voltron (10 on the list), I asked if he could help us tackle boko haram problem. He said unfortunately no, because he is no more the defender of the universe, and that is why I do not see him on TV again. Matter of fact, he said he had been looking for one of the five lions who came to Nigeria and was kidnapped by my guys in ND. In a night club where I met super Ted (11 on the list) he expressed his dissatisfaction over how he came to Unilag and he saw ladies close to 30 years old having several teddy bears on their bed. He said those teddy bears are so big that he (super Ted) felt intimidated. Bad enough, those ladies did not even recognize him. I felt sorry for him super Ted. Spider man (12 on the list) snobbed me all through. I don't know why. As for danger mouse, we met at DC. He is now broke, but very friendly. He told me he got bankrupt because of speeding tickets because according to him, he has paid close to 10 million dollars in speeding ticket from the early 1980s till date. Abacha (14 on the list). He appears very gentle now. While talking over the phone, he said he know he would be going to hell fire, and he know there is no food there. So, he told me he still found his way of stealing some yams into hell. He was asking if I could get someone to help him bring palm oyel which he can use to eat the yams he roasted with the heat in hell fire, and some fura denunu to step it down. I think his credit finished along the line as I got disconnected all of a sudden.

Those are the great celebrities I have met. I am looking forward to seeing more thou

2 Likes

Re: Have You Met A Celebrity? by Nobody: 7:15am On Jul 10, 2012
I haven't met much celebrities. I have bumped into Ryan Giggs, his wife and two children several times (the guy na waka waka) at Hardman boulevard Manchester.

Shaun wright Phillips at GAP store in Manchester

JME(boy better know) at MacDONALD restaurant

Obafemi Martins on an airfrance plane.

Kenny Ogungbe and Kenny best(saint) Brown at MMIA

Mukina (Several times in my dreams)

Mr Ibu at MMIA

Salawa Abeni at sisters party

MayD at a family friend politician's house before he became a popular face on tv

I wanna meet dame and Jonathan....
Re: Have You Met A Celebrity? by wales(m): 7:15am On Jul 10, 2012
I met the number one celebrity JESUS !
Re: Have You Met A Celebrity? by komek(m): 7:18am On Jul 10, 2012
iykak47: If i start de mention names of celebrities/stars wey i don jam it go take the whole day ooh. I have met Lawrence Anini twice, some years ago i also shook hand with Chijioke Ejiogu alias Arugo monkey, fomer Enyimba goalkeeper presently with our own heartland. Am eager to meet Farouk Lawal, baba latin and Sikiraotu Sindodo.

Before i forget we 'mobbed' Yakubu Aiyegbeni last friday who is in Guangzhou China for his retirement benefits.
this guy U̶̲̥̅̊ make M̶̲̥̅ƹ laugh sote tears D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ commot for my eyes. Nice one
Re: Have You Met A Celebrity? by freecocoa(f): 7:19am On Jul 10, 2012
So nobody has met OBJ yet?

I'm looking forward to meeting him soon.
Re: Have You Met A Celebrity? by BabaEleko(m): 7:20am On Jul 10, 2012
I have met Clifford Orji and Pastor King.

@achukwunet. . . . . . Please nahhhh.
Re: Have You Met A Celebrity? by Nobody: 7:21am On Jul 10, 2012
wales: I met the number one celebrity JESUS !

And you're still here?

saxywale: Shaun wright Phillips at GAP store in Manchester

Whoa. That's impressive.
Re: Have You Met A Celebrity? by Nobody: 7:22am On Jul 10, 2012
freecocoa: So nobody has met OBJ yet?

I'm looking forward to meeting him soon.

Anyone that has met him is not around to tell the tale.
Re: Have You Met A Celebrity? by freecocoa(f): 7:23am On Jul 10, 2012
Anyone met the Devil yet?
Re: Have You Met A Celebrity? by freecocoa(f): 7:24am On Jul 10, 2012
ogugua88:

Anyone that has met him is not around to tell the tale.
Okay then,I'll tell you the tale soon.
Re: Have You Met A Celebrity? by freecocoa(f): 7:30am On Jul 10, 2012
Yomieluv: I've met most celebs,and the up,and coming ones.D'banj,yahoozee crooner,busta rhymes,p-square,tuface,9ice,dj zeez's father lives in ma hood,he comes there often.just name them.this is possible,cos i'm the immediate younger brother of one of the best Djs In town-DJ CWITCH.
By "in town" you mean your village right? Cos na there witch fit be DJ.cheesy
Re: Have You Met A Celebrity? by Nobody: 7:31am On Jul 10, 2012
Dangote once met me inside elevator.

1 Like

Re: Have You Met A Celebrity? by semid4lyfe(m): 7:31am On Jul 10, 2012
Hmmmmm. . . .isn't there a difference between seeing someone and actually meeting him or her? undecided

I met Frank Edoho in 2009 when I went with a friend to Ultima studios for the WWTBAM Tv game show. The guy actually bumped into me coming out of the convenience and was so apologetic afterwards.

Saw Lilian Bach in 2010 when she came to the Ecobank branch on Allen to transact some business. When she came through the glass security door and walked into the banking hall, the place became deathly quiet and everyone turned to look at her as she were a ghost. Till today, I haven't seen anyone else pull that kinda effect. Damn! That woman is beautiful and I think the camera actually detracts from her beauty.

Met Gordons last year at a wedding reception I attended in which he was the MC. Chatted with him for like 5mins and he was cool & so down to Earth. Didn't know until then that he walked with a slight limp.
Re: Have You Met A Celebrity? by Nobody: 7:32am On Jul 10, 2012
Jarus: Dangote once met me inside elevator.

Lol.

semid4lyfe: [i]Hmmmmm. . . .isn't there a difference between seeing someone and actually meeting him or her? undecided

Big difference!
Re: Have You Met A Celebrity? by Nobody: 7:36am On Jul 10, 2012
freecocoa: By "in town" you mean your village right? Cos na there witch fit be DJ.cheesy
its spelt "cwitch",but pronounced "switch".
Re: Have You Met A Celebrity? by Nobody: 7:37am On Jul 10, 2012
Atedo Peterside - inside elevator and we talked for couple of minutes

John Fash - used to stay in my VI side few years back

Olu Jacobs - That one na my neighbour. We dey meet for estate residents association meeting

Molade Okoya-Thomas - very jovial and humble man, met at clinic, was joking that small boy like me no dey get bp like him.
Re: Have You Met A Celebrity? by Nobody: 7:42am On Jul 10, 2012
^^^ Please tell Olu Jacobs we don tire for him Igwe roles. For him next film, make he play armed robber or p.imp.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Met A Celebrity? by aminho(m): 7:48am On Jul 10, 2012
floriana: I met Jack Bauer and taught him a few things about intelligence gathering and crime bursting.
Re: Have You Met A Celebrity? by swtchicgurl: 7:51am On Jul 10, 2012
I've seen at close range but didn't to talk to a few like: J J Okocha, Babangida, Tope Alabi, 2 face, and a few others i can't remember their names.

Besides, they're places where u can easily meet some of these celebs.

People should start worrying more about when and how to meet me.
cool
Re: Have You Met A Celebrity? by Nobody: 7:52am On Jul 10, 2012
sizzlers: i like dat, u hav enuf evidence to prove it, odas should follow suit lol.
why should i snap with a celeb?they are mortals,and not celestial as pple view them..well i dislike that arrogant boy jim iyke,he's a sucker.i met him at a party.

1 Like

Re: Have You Met A Celebrity? by yuzedo: 7:55am On Jul 10, 2012
I've met lots and lots of celebs & politicians,foreign & local, I'm not tripped. The only person who I almost fainted when I met her was Jada Fire!! shocked
. . Anybody wey sabi who she be, RESPECT!!!! grin wink
Re: Have You Met A Celebrity? by Nobody: 7:56am On Jul 10, 2012
I have seen mercy johnson,the parents lives at isashi,in ojo very close to my woman's house..omotola jolade too,she lives within that vicinity then.AY@Shoprite,fred amata@MMA,So many at hiphop award lastyear.
Re: Have You Met A Celebrity? by Nobody: 8:00am On Jul 10, 2012

1 Like

Re: Have You Met A Celebrity? by freecocoa(f): 8:02am On Jul 10, 2012
Yomieluv: its spelt "cwitch",but pronounced "switch".
Oh okay na,no blame me the thing be me like CEE WITCH,but i still never hear of this your brother before sha cheesy.
Re: Have You Met A Celebrity? by ugosly(m): 8:08am On Jul 10, 2012
I,ve met so many celebrities in Nigeria that I,v lost count but the one I remember with glee in my heart was the day I bounced Ali Baba at one of my organizations,s seminar in Abuja...he was to MC an evening event, in the same hall as ours,after our own event...he was so impatient and almost became unruly...I had to ask him out of the hall.. The guy was like''meee''..and I was like...''with all pleasure,it is indeed an honour to bounce you Ali Baba''...the guy was so furious but I know even look im face. But thinkin back now,I kinda feel bad for doin that even though he deserved wat he got at the moment.
Re: Have You Met A Celebrity? by ugosly(m): 8:13am On Jul 10, 2012
yuzedo: I've met lots and lots of celebs & politicians,foreign & local, I'm not tripped. The only person who I almost fainted when I met her was Jada Fire!! shocked
. . Anybody wey sabi who she be, RESPECT!!!! grin wink
Badt guyyyyy!

1 Like

Re: Have You Met A Celebrity? by slimghost(m): 8:16am On Jul 10, 2012
Yes naa! Met Clifford Orji sometime last year. Awesome fellow.
Re: Have You Met A Celebrity? by Nobody: 8:16am On Jul 10, 2012

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

SHOCKER! Will Smith's Son To Cut His Own Manhood / Yvonne Nelson Denies Dating Dammy Krane / Bbnaija Angel Goes Stark Naked, Shows Her Private Part To Whitemoney & Queen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.