Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,909 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:12 PM

Have You Met A Celebrity? - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Have You Met A Celebrity? (13143 Views)

When U Get Married To A Celebrity Branch Manager, Lol (Photo) / Ever Met A Super Jealous Woman? Check Out The World's Most Jealous Woman / Have You Met This Handsome Nigerian/chinese Guy, Chen Emmanuel? (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Met A Celebrity? by dayokanu(m): 6:31pm On Jul 10, 2012
Met 2face, We even took a picture together.

I didnt call him 2face, I called him Ini-rap. That was the name he used to bear when he used to sing in secondary school in Benue he was shocked that anyone knew that name

He was like "My broda, You are from wayyyy back" ,

I thought he was a tall guy, he couldnt be more than 5ft10. I used to think he was well over 6ft
Re: Have You Met A Celebrity? by mikedaniel76gmailcom(m): 7:48pm On Jul 10, 2012
Af met quite a few.
Ah met mikel obi one on one in jos, he is a pretty shy dude.
Ah met ma homie jim iyke in kano, he is a pretty shy guy on one on one level too,
But a loud mouth on set.
I met ritaa dominic in london, she was almost dyin for me. Lols!!
Re: Have You Met A Celebrity? by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jul 10, 2012
yuzedo: I've met lots and lots of celebs & politicians,foreign & local, I'm not tripped. The only person who I almost fainted when I met her was Jada Fire!! shocked
. . Anybody wey sabi who she be, RESPECT!!!! grin wink

..You be correct guy,where and how did you meet her..shes da bomb..that girl crack na crackers...
Re: Have You Met A Celebrity? by chic2pimp(m): 8:28pm On Jul 10, 2012
Met my favourite Basketball player of all Time Hakeem Olajuwon a few years back during a vacation summer vacation to the states .......Must say it was an absolute pleasure meeting The Dream.

We chatted for a while and I had my picture taken with him. He also autographed my shirt to boot.
Hakeem(Or Dream as I kept calling him although I did through the Name Hakeem here and there) was so humble and down to earth.

The most striking thing however was his height. He was shorter than I expected. Was expecting the dude to be a freakish 7" something tall but he was not more than 6"10 and half inches tall. Still was an absolute delight meeting the one and only Dream.
Re: Have You Met A Celebrity? by Afam4eva(m): 8:47pm On Jul 10, 2012
gbosaa:

..You be correct guy,where and how did you meet her..shes da bomb..that girl crack na crackers...
Bad boyz. Na for that kain area una dey dey star struck.
Re: Have You Met A Celebrity? by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jul 10, 2012
thanks to Darule media House, partners with Cross River State Government Carnival Organizing Commitee.... i met almost all foreign and local artist that have performed on the podium of Calabar Stadium... Akon, Wyclef, Keri Hilson, women of faith, Tuface, P-square, Mohitz crew, and many i cant even remember. i met Eedris at a show in BSU... he smoked all night, went high and could not perform again....
Re: Have You Met A Celebrity? by Jerrygotswagg(m): 9:59pm On Jul 10, 2012
i met with michael jackson last three months, saw lady gaga and rihanna , even saw president obama, #sorry just woke up and no light
Re: Have You Met A Celebrity? by Jboy66(m): 11:14pm On Jul 10, 2012
I have met shaibu Amodu he even gave me 1k to buy drugs when i lied dat i was not fyn lol coz he was ma coach in edo state i have okocha,kanu,victor ikpeba,taribo west,osazee odemwingie,yakubu aiyegbeni 2face banky w gordons and including my humble gov comrade aliu oshomole...
Re: Have You Met A Celebrity? by Nobody: 9:18am On Jul 11, 2012
ndidibabe: I have met three celebs; Usher, Tuface and Asa and so many of these guys most Nigerians refer to as celebs; Frank Edoho, Face, Banky W, Funke Akindele, Benjamin and Adora of PF, Pastor Chris, P square, Dbanj and Wande Coal , kate Henshaw, Funmi Iyandan' Segun Odegabami, Femi Kuti, Jayj Okocha, Kanu, Odemwengwie, Catherine Edoho, Iyanya, Praize, Chindima, AY, Ali baba, Basket mouth, Dan Foster, Genevive, ArT Alade, Ill Bliss e.tc Just too many of them!
there iz a lot of diffrence btween met and seen ooo...
Re: Have You Met A Celebrity? by Afam4eva(m): 9:25am On Jul 11, 2012
deejay_harry1: there iz a lot of diffrence btween met and seen ooo...
In the case of this thread "met" and "seen" mean the same thing.
Re: Have You Met A Celebrity? by papagiddy(m): 10:12am On Jul 11, 2012
met Prophet TB joshua face 2 face in 2008.he prayed for me!
Re: Have You Met A Celebrity? by chuckdee4(m): 10:45am On Jul 11, 2012
chic2pimp: Met my favourite Basketball player of all Time Hakeem Olajuwon a few years back during a vacation summer vacation to the states .......Must say it was an absolute pleasure meeting The Dream.

We chatted for a while and I had my picture taken with him. He also autographed my shirt to boot.
Hakeem(Or Dream as I kept calling him although I did through the Name Hakeem here and there) was so humble and down to earth.

The most striking thing however was his height. He was shorter than I expected. Was expecting the dude to be a freakish 7" something tall but he was not more than 6"10 and half inches tall. Still was an absolute delight meeting the one and only Dream.

O boy that 6'10 sef no be joke o
Re: Have You Met A Celebrity? by sashaa(f): 12:44pm On Jul 11, 2012
afam4eva:
Is the church in Lagos, Enugu or Onitsha?
O town
Re: Have You Met A Celebrity? by sashaa(f): 12:48pm On Jul 11, 2012
Smash bracket- used to chat with him
Re: Have You Met A Celebrity? by Afam4eva(m): 1:08pm On Jul 11, 2012
sashaa:
O town
I guess that's Onitsha because i know she grew up in Enugu and Onitsha.
Re: Have You Met A Celebrity? by sashaa(f): 8:49pm On Jul 11, 2012
afam4eva:
I guess that's Onitsha because i know she grew up in Enugu and Onitsha.
yea, u are right
Re: Have You Met A Celebrity? by achukwunet(f): 11:41pm On Jul 11, 2012
Jenams: do u xpect him τ̅o be crackin jokes & openin his teeth wit u? Abeg eeee

I met Smash Bracket and he was fun. He was cracking jokees wherever he could with his manager and Vast. They truly are a funny trio.
Van Vicker is just......bleeeeh lipsrsealed
Re: Have You Met A Celebrity? by Nobody: 11:50pm On Jul 11, 2012
chic2pimp: Met my favourite Basketball player of all Time Hakeem Olajuwon a few years back during a vacation summer vacation to the states .......Must say it was an absolute pleasure meeting The Dream.

LOL so 6'10 is not much?

How tall are you? cheesy
Re: Have You Met A Celebrity? by Nobody: 1:29am On Jul 12, 2012
alicia b: who is a celebrity.i think this whole celebrity thing is overrated.dont get me wrong.i appreciate people who have and are still doing great and amazing things in various spheres of life.but this new crazy celebrity madness i dont understand.somebody participates in a reality show. he becomes a celebrity somebody is a socialite,automatically he or she is a celebrity.give me a break.why dont we rather celebrate the men and women who are doing doing extraordinary things each day.

It's not new lol. The definition of celebrity is someone who is famous or well-known. There are A-class celebs, like Rihanna in the US or Paul and Peter Okoye in Naija, and then you have low-class (D, K, Z lol) reserved for has-beens and reality peeps. The word "celebrity" is appropriate.

Giving honor to people who do extraordinary things is different than someone being called a celebrity for being a successful musician or actor.
Re: Have You Met A Celebrity? by braveheart2012(m): 2:02am On Jul 12, 2012
ogugua88:

Wow. New York is the place huh? Lol.

New York, LA or Atlanta. You'll run into celebrities all the time if you live in any one of those cities and go to swanky, trendy restaurants, bars and clubs. I would have met even more celebrities in New York if I didn't spend almost all my time working. They really are a dime a dozen in New York and that doesn't even include reality TV stars who are just very VERY ordinary people in real life.

I just remembered another one. I met Channing Tatum at a friend's party right after his first big movie. He was just a very ordinary white guy then. I remember him saying he was in the middle of permanently moving to LA.
Re: Have You Met A Celebrity? by baslone: 9:48am On Jul 12, 2012
That Smash Bracket guy go dey waka about a lot o! Plenty people to meet am! shocked
Re: Have You Met A Celebrity? by kay9(m): 4:11pm On Jul 12, 2012
If evrybody was like me, this thread wouldnt exist; i dunno mehn, i never really learnd the art of givin a rat's a$$ who person seating next to me was. I admit it could ('could' o!) be a nice experience hangin out with a famous personality, but hey he/she's just HUMAN; nothn to go 'gaga' about...
But evrybody cant be like me na, so wadahell. Variety makes the world spin.
-
Anyhows, i met OBJ during my service year in Twon Brass, Bayelsa. We all lined up to welcome him and his political paparazzi (including Madam ''Notice-me'' Ruth Benemisia-Opia); they'd come to commission the LNG plant... Funny i'd forgotten all about it. Mehn, Obj don ''wizened'' o. Couple of us got handshakes shaa grin
-
Met Kanayo O. Kanayo once in a birthday party in P.h; as 'up-n-comin' wey i be na, i greet am ''good evening, sir'' grin We didnt talk enuf for me to form an opinion though.
-
And yes, i've also met Mike ''Ori-ihe-di-mma''!!! Was like eons ago, was an itsy bitsy likkle bomboi then. We all swarmed around him chanting ''mike-mike, mike-mike, mike-mike...'' Lol grin
Seriously anybody that remembers Mike-Mike here must be a real ''nwaafo'' from waaaaaaaayyyy back! wink
Re: Have You Met A Celebrity? by nikkyshyne(f): 10:58pm On Jul 12, 2012
I have met quite a number. Took pictures with most of them too grin
•I met Basket mouth back then at my Real estate firm.
•Met kanoyo O. Kanayo at my office building.
•Met with ID Ogungbe and Kenny saint Ogungbe(formerly Brown). ID has been to my house sef. Met kenny at a wedding.
•Saw Desmond Elliot at Tanterlizers, Lekki 1 the other day and he called me himself and collected my number telling the lady beside him "we can use her". Till today, I never hear from am angry
•Saw Inyanya at Lekki phase 1 too and he noticed I was starring at him, he just came over and gave me a handshake. He's got soft palms.
•Saw Don Jazzy at Genesis Delux with is funny looking trousers.
•Saw Tonto dike at Tanterlizers, lekki 1.
•Saw Ini Edo from afar.
•Saw Tinubu at the commissioning of an Estate at Ikorodu owned by LSDPC when he was still governor. Looks like he's got small head undecided

O yes, I can't forget my Rhythm unplug experience at Jos during my Nysc dayz...
•Banky W sang at me and I touched his sweaty face grin
•Faze gave me a handshake. He's got hard palms.
•Saw P-square, MI, Soundsultan, from afar.

Pretty much it. Hope the celebrities I see later on are international grin
Hope to meet Trey Songz.
Re: Have You Met A Celebrity? by lepasharon(f): 1:14am On Jul 13, 2012
hmmm...where do you lot be going to meet all these celebs?..I need to broaden my horizons undecided
Re: Have You Met A Celebrity? by 404eater(m): 8:57pm On Aug 28, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
Nope. I'm not enthusiastic about meeting any.

Not interested.

Even when I saw Omotola during the Nigerian Reunion @ Orlando last year, I was just like "whatever".

I knew IT!!! I saw you there. Must say, you look much better in pictures.
Your nemesis platy was there also, she reported seeing you hiding yourself when they had the african performers by the poolside.

No wonder you had to hide yourself
Re: Have You Met A Celebrity? by achukwunet(f): 5:54am On Sep 13, 2012
Baba_Eleko: I have met Clifford Orji and Pastor King.

@achukwunet. . . . . . Please nahhhh.

I don't accept foolish requests
Re: Have You Met A Celebrity? by DICKtator: 1:12pm On Sep 13, 2012
nikkyshyne: I have met quite a number. Took pictures with most of them too grin
•I met Basket mouth back then at my Real estate firm.
•Met kanoyo O. Kanayo at my office building.
•Met with ID Ogungbe and Kenny saint Ogungbe(formerly Brown). ID has been to my house sef. Met kenny at a wedding.
•Saw Desmond Elliot at Tanterlizers, Lekki 1 the other day and he called me himself and[b]collected my number [/b]telling the lady beside him "we can use her". Till today, I never hear from am angry
•Saw Inyanya at Lekki phase 1 too and he noticed I was starring at him, he just came over and gave me a handshake. He's got soft palms.
•Saw Don Jazzy at Genesis Delux with is funny looking trousers.
•Saw Tonto dike at Tanterlizers, lekki 1.
•Saw Ini Edo from afar.
•Saw Tinubu at the commissioning of an Estate at Ikorodu owned by LSDPC when he was still governor. Looks like he's got small head undecided

O yes, I can't forget my Rhythm unplug experience at Jos during my Nysc dayz...
•Banky W sang at me and I touched his sweaty face grin
•Faze gave me a handshake. He's got hard palms.
•Saw P-square, MI, Soundsultan, from afar.

Pretty much it. Hope the celebrities I see later on are international grin
Hope to meet Trey Songz.
can only imagine how not so long it took you to give him. i mean without hesitation.
Can i also have your number?

on a personal note, i have met, Kel,rooftop mcs,Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde(hmnmm........) among others
grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

SHOCKER! Will Smith's Son To Cut His Own Manhood / Yvonne Nelson Denies Dating Dammy Krane / Bbnaija Angel Goes Stark Naked, Shows Her Private Part To Whitemoney & Queen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.