Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,033 members, 7,810,839 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:42 PM

Have You Met A Celebrity? - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Have You Met A Celebrity? (13141 Views)

When U Get Married To A Celebrity Branch Manager, Lol (Photo) / Ever Met A Super Jealous Woman? Check Out The World's Most Jealous Woman / Have You Met This Handsome Nigerian/chinese Guy, Chen Emmanuel? (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Met A Celebrity? by Nobody: 10:10am On Jul 10, 2012
I met Paw Paw at Teslim Balogun stadium at Surulere during a friendly match between Nigeria & (can't remember right nw.). Met Rolling Dollars along Awolowo Road at Falomo. I even shake hands with him. Met Rita Domnic at Ikota Shopping Complex a few time......, just to mention a few.
Re: Have You Met A Celebrity? by Leefem: 10:16am On Jul 10, 2012
Re: Have You Met A Celebrity? by chucky234(m): 10:24am On Jul 10, 2012
Baba Dee sat next to me in Dana airline back from Abuja but I didn't give a poo about the guy,look too unkept to me.

Met senator Ganiu Solomon at MMA recently,used to mingle with 2face,Faze and Blackface way back in 5th Ave.,Festac town and still see Blackface trekking everyday.

I have met almost all the nollywood celebs except Mr. Ibu and Nkem Owoh

I know Sound Sultan way back in Satellite,the guy used to dress like village boy wearing headwarmer in hot afternoon.

Met the whole '96 Olympics team players at the national stadium in 1996, almost help Amechi Muanorgo push his Toyota starlet around 711 Road in Festac years back.

Used to visit Shola Fosudo office named MIDAS at community road in Satellite town,Lai Ashadele live next to my friend's house at Union Bank estate in Satellite town.

At the moment I am the manager of the hottest rapper in Colombia,MC Dementor.

On the international stage,met Kelvin Little,Usher,Akon,Brick and Lace in Lagos.

Does that not make me a celeb?
I am a celeb,you can apply to meet me oooo
Re: Have You Met A Celebrity? by fesse(f): 10:25am On Jul 10, 2012
I met Jesus Christ ........ the greatest celebrity that ever lived

Usher Raymond @ Port Harcourt Liberation Stadium
Joe, Akon, @ Port Harcourt too.
Sisqo @ Lagos
Tyra Banks, Jerry Springer (last year).

Genny, Ini-Edo, Stephanie, Nkem Owo, Chinew Owo, RMD, Patience Ozokwu, Emeka Ike, Pete Edochie, Sam Dede, Prince Uche, Bimbo Akintola, Omotola, Grace Amah, Joke Silva, Emeka Osai, etc

Dora Akunyili, Dame Patience, Diezani Alison-Maduekwe, Ngozi Okonjo Iweala, Labaran Maku, Abba Moro, Nasiru Arab, Shamsudeen Usman, Magnus Kpagul, etc

Tuface, Asa, Omawumi, Faze, Nigga raw, Wande coal, Jodie,
Julius Agwu, Bright, AY, I go-die, Elenu, Lekpasous-Boss,
Re: Have You Met A Celebrity? by Nobody: 10:34am On Jul 10, 2012
Not one-on-one interaction, but being in exclusive party with most of Naija's A-list music celebrities. Thanks to my former company's end-of-year parties

2008 - 9ice, Olu Maintan, P-square
2009 - Banky W (economic meltdown)
2010 - Dr Sid, Wande Coal
2011 - Dbanj, Tuface, Shasha, Shina Peters, Naeto C

2012 - most likely Whizkid, but I no dey there again.
Re: Have You Met A Celebrity? by lacasa: 10:53am On Jul 10, 2012
floriana: I met Jack Bauer and taught him a few things about intelligence gathering and crime bursting.

grin
Re: Have You Met A Celebrity? by chuckdee4(m): 10:57am On Jul 10, 2012
Met Majek Fashek when i was a kid, before he started taking drugs (To think i was scared of him).

Mama Gee lived in our are back in teh day and used to gist with my mumsie (Surulere massives).

Met John Fashnu at Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport, the guy no send, he was carrying his bags himself and what not, it was until he stepped out baggage claim that the typical house boys in agbada's jumped all over his willy.

Went clubbing with Genevieve and a few of her friends back in my uni days, she wasn't that famous then and i stupidly did not realise who she was, i for tap more current if to say i know. grin

Saw Vincent Enyeama at Lagos International airport, that guy is kindda small for a goalie. Makes him even more impressive giving how good he is

Speaking of small, saw Jim Iyke at Southern Fried in Abuja, damn that dude is short, tv does him way too much justice

Sol Campbell used to frequent the supermarekt i used to work in during my college days, got his autograph, easy going dude

Also met one half of Mary Mary, the one with the gap teeth, got her autograph and chatted with her for a bit, still during my supermarket days

Met Christine Ohuruogu at the supermarket as well.
Re: Have You Met A Celebrity? by Nobody: 11:15am On Jul 10, 2012
I met 2face during last year's BET 2011 award at Beverly center, I tried talking to him, he lied to me he was coming back to talk to me. But he left. He just came out Louis Vuitton store. I met Anichebe, Melchiot, Larry King, Chris Brown, Suntana, Nelly, Will.i.am, busta rhyme but he ignored me, don't listen to his song any longer, Akon, Magic Johnson, Drake, Venus Williams, De Game, all real madrid players at ucla last year when they were in LA, Andy Murray, Micah Richards. My brother they plenty. If u live in LA, go to Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills, you will see any of them that comes around. U know when paparazzi full everywhere. Also Bramble in LA. If 2face is reading this, I know he will remember.
Re: Have You Met A Celebrity? by ypzilanti: 11:16am On Jul 10, 2012
afam4eva:
Everyone that has met 2face have all said the same thing. It's his humility and friendliness that makes him one of the most respected celebrities in Nigeria. Almost every you ask will always name 2face as a role model. That's why i laugh when i see people like Muna disrespecting Mode 9. Only humble people go places and are respected.

I agree I have not met him, but two of my friends have, and they said exactly same thing. The guy is too humble. I think he is the the most loved musician in Nigeria.
Re: Have You Met A Celebrity? by Hoodrat(m): 11:16am On Jul 10, 2012
Last year cocacola festival in Krakow I had the chance to meet Kanye west and kid cudi backstage,I met david gueta in ibiza,craig colton of ex factor at a cassino Poland party the guy is pretty reserved and fun to be around we talked for about 15 minutes. Ive met coldplay, red hot chilli peper,wiz khalifa in paris and mario baroloteli in Krakow walking down the city centre with a polish hoe. In 2010 when wizkid was still coming up i met him during one of his shows in la guliano ibadan with YQ, wizkid is very outspoken guy but omo the guy like drink nor be small. I met eddy remedi twice in 2002/2004 when he used to drive around in Opel car well he and kenny saint brown scammed i and my guy with their bogus talent hunt competition which never yield a result till date. Ive met Azadus, dagrin,2face,bigiano,terry G, General pype.
Re: Have You Met A Celebrity? by uyogabie(f): 11:38am On Jul 10, 2012
Shook hands with Buba Marwa and his wife,also Joseph Sanusi,ex Gov.of CBN.seen Rochas Okorocha,Kanayo O.Kanayo,Onyeka Onwenu.I used to live with a catholic Bishop in the south and was opportuned to meet some Governors like Rotimi Amaechi,Omeiha and Peter Odili.
Re: Have You Met A Celebrity? by ypzilanti: 11:57am On Jul 10, 2012
I am very good friends with one very famous person. But don't want to mention the name. Only when we go out and fans beckon do I remember the person's fame. In fact it seems hilarious sometimes, but I get where the fans are coming from. It's a reminder that famous people are humans like us too...you just happen to see them on TV, but some people see them everyday doing everyday things. Not that this diminishes their value, but it makes them normal and ordinary to the people who know them well.

I have met the usual Nollywood and Naija music fare casually at parties and concerts, but would like to share the most striking memories, cause no matter how objective you are, you can be star stuck too.

Once saw Olikoye Ransome Kuti when I was younger, he looked familiar but I could not remember where I had seen him. By the time I realized, I blurted 'good morning, Sir' he just smiled and waved, then got into one horrible looking beat down car and drove off. Im sure he was used to that type of reaction.

I was leaving a bar once and ran into JJ Okocha walking in as I was walking out. I was star struck and shocked...I said 'whats up JJ?' he replied 'I dey jare...how you dey my guy?'. It was more like, I never expected to see him there. If I had seen him at a party, I may not have been that shaken. I am a huge fan.

Segun Arinze struck up a conversation with me at a fast food restaurant, one day. Just chit chat about bad service...I'm not a fan, but I was distracted by the fact that he was same guy I watched on TV as a kid. I remember feeling sorry for him somehow cause this was supposed to be a normal conversation and all that was going on in my mind was an assessment of him...not in a bad way...just very curious.

I guess the money compensates for people who prejudge you before they even know you.
Re: Have You Met A Celebrity? by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jul 10, 2012
I've also met Dagrin,and Yq, they came to Isabo carnival at surulere ever b4 he bcame a hit.met dj jimmy,yaw,baba dee,at V-bar at citymall,tuface also.met anta laniyan,and all Wale adenuga crew,they came to shoot at city mall.once pushed car for one celebrity called ken years back. Met kelvin ikeduba,and some other known yoruba artiste at Big treat,abeokuta.kelvin was awesome..jide kosoko comes to my street often,he drives Armanda jeep
Re: Have You Met A Celebrity? by chucky234(m): 12:11pm On Jul 10, 2012
chuckdee4: Met Majek Fashek when i was a kid, before he started taking drugs (To think i was scared of him).

Mama Gee lived in our are back in teh day and used to gist with my mumsie (Surulere massives).

Met John Fashnu at Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport, the guy no send, he was carrying his bags himself and what not, it was until he stepped out baggage claim that the typical house boys in agbada's jumped all over his willy.

Went clubbing with Genevieve and a few of her friends back in my uni days, she wasn't that famous then and i stupidly did not realise who she was, i for tap more current if to say i know. grin

Saw Vincent Enyeama at Lagos International airport, that guy is kindda small for a goalie. Makes him even more impressive giving how good he is

Speaking of small, saw Jim Iyke at Southern Fried in Abuja, damn that dude is short, tv does him way too much justice

Sol Campbell used to frequent the supermarekt i used to work in during my college days, got his autograph, easy going dude

Also met one half of Mary Mary, the one with the gap teeth, got her autograph and chatted with her for a bit, still during my supermarket days

Met Christine Ohuruogu at the supermarket as well.

Guy why you come go leave that supermarket nah, na your only gateway to meeting celebs oooo
Re: Have You Met A Celebrity? by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jul 10, 2012
Some two years back, a company organised an event/award night for RMD. I was hired to find out everything about him(the research was too much), I mean his biography, autobiography and every other thing about him, I then compiled everything and put designed a powerpoint presentation slide show. At the event I saw, Denrele,Nnkem owoh,Alex osifo,Pete edochie, alariwo of africa and so so so many of them etc etc. Alariwo was the MC, when it came my turn to do the presentation, to my surprise Alariwo called a young lady (Ronke Ashiru who is kinda popular now with her show on TVC) to read it, I was like OMG, I was purposed to read that, but the girl couldn't read well so I took over, staired at my finely designed slides and read it to everyone. RMD said, who wrote all these, how did the person get this things about me, then Alariwo pointed to me. I had some argument with Alariwo and he really pissed me off, I almost gave him zidane's kind of headbutt.

Denrele is too too lousy, playing with girls after the event, dishing out his mobile number anyhow, saying bla bla bla, jumping around and wanting everyone to notice him. I got some "well done young man" from few of the famous celebrities.

30 minutes after the event, I took my laptop, projector and myself out of the place with my balance of 50k.
Re: Have You Met A Celebrity? by sashaa(f): 12:40pm On Jul 10, 2012
dasparrow:

What I am curious to know is which one is smash and which one is vast? I know one is dark skinned and the other light skinned or yellow as Nigerians will say. So the dark skinned one is who? the light skinned one is who?

smash=yellow
vast=black
Re: Have You Met A Celebrity? by Babycake(m): 2:51pm On Jul 10, 2012
Ive_seen_Obasanjo@Unilag_in_2006.Met_Jedi_inmy_Church.DesmondElliot_wayback2001@HavanaHospital,Surulere.
Re: Have You Met A Celebrity? by Alfoasegh: 2:58pm On Jul 10, 2012
I'm always meeting Gov. Rotimi Amaechi everywhere I go -NTA Road, Choba, Trans-Amadi, Mater Misericordiae Catholic Church, Ikwerre road, Hotel Presidential, Shell IA Complex, just name it ....everywhere! Something tells me I'm going to be a Governor or President some day.
Re: Have You Met A Celebrity? by Afam4eva(m): 3:04pm On Jul 10, 2012
Babycake: Ive_seen_Obasanjo@Unilag_in_2006.Met_Jedi_inmy_Church.DesmondElliot_wayback2001@HavanaHospital,Surulere.
But he was not a celebrity in 2001.
Re: Have You Met A Celebrity? by sashaa(f): 3:06pm On Jul 10, 2012
Waje- she was a praise n worship singer in my church bfor she became waje.
Taribu west- saw him in a church
olu jacobs- saw him on traffic on 3rd mainland bridge
still...thnkn of others
Re: Have You Met A Celebrity? by Afam4eva(m): 3:10pm On Jul 10, 2012
sashaa: Waje- she was a praise n worship singer in my church bfor she became waje.
Taribu west- saw him in a church
olu jacobs- saw him on traffic on 3rd mainland bridge
still...thnkn of others
Is the church in Lagos, Enugu or Onitsha?
Re: Have You Met A Celebrity? by Exponental(m): 3:22pm On Jul 10, 2012
Many priviledged people have met me!
Re: Have You Met A Celebrity? by Exponental(m): 3:24pm On Jul 10, 2012
Many priviledged people have met me!
Do u know kaffy n obafemi martins attended d same secondary school.......kaffy was a yr ahead shaaa!!!
Re: Have You Met A Celebrity? by mojounited(m): 3:28pm On Jul 10, 2012
Met most of Newcastle United players @St James' Park aka Sports Direct Arena cool
Also met Obafemi Martins and Asamaoh Gyan @ncl (both briefly)...

Errrm...#thinking
Re: Have You Met A Celebrity? by baslone: 3:32pm On Jul 10, 2012
Seen,met a lot. . . .lost count

Plantation without Faze - Bad guy things. . .Sharp corner somewhere behind KOMO's house at Ipaja- "97/98.

KC PRESH(around "02)- One 4ked up hotel-REX in orile iganmu.

ARTQUAKE(around "02)- the light complexion member, at iya elewa aganyin(mashed beans) joint

CHOC BOIZ- Jaggo lives on ma former street,Ice prince use to squat but now lives in the next compound

Zeez, Minus 2, 2phat-If you have ever rocked Bariga, Local Champs all the way

General pype- Through his manager

Mr Latin- Fighting Area Boiz at Berger traffic the evening Gbenga Adegboye died

Foluke Daramola- they came to borrow a "house" on ma street for a movie

Okey Bakassi- Invited me on stage and dissed ma baggy jeans(will never forgive for the embarrassment)

Jedi- Almost crying at the Galleria, his laptop was removed from his car.

Jimmy Jatt- Paid him 25k on behalf of my department for a show, got a 40k receipt(DJ Shina turned same deal down.

Basket mouth- In a bar, at the galleria, finished 5sticks of London white in less than 30

Ayo Badmos- Wedding at LTV, Thought I was pulling his legs when I asked for an autograph
Re: Have You Met A Celebrity? by missojugo(f): 3:39pm On Jul 10, 2012
aktunde: People I have met
1. Clarus and giringory (of new masquerade)
2. Natty (Also in the New Masquerade)
3. Baba suwe
4. Baba latin
5. Luku-luku
6. Dejo
7. Tunfulu
8. Ibu (john Okafor)
9. Opebe
10. Voltron
11. Super-Ted
12. Spider Man
13. Danger mouse
14. Sani Abacha (he still spoke with me last night)

Abi all these people no be celerity?

My observations about them

number 1 - 9 on the list is that these people are too handsome. They are ladys' men. Look at the way babes are struggling just to get autographs. While dinning with Voltron (10 on the list), I asked if he could help us tackle boko haram problem. He said unfortunately no, because he is no more the defender of the universe, and that is why I do not see him on TV again. Matter of fact, he said he had been looking for one of the five lions who came to Nigeria and was kidnapped by my guys in ND. In a night club where I met super Ted (11 on the list) he expressed his dissatisfaction over how he came to Unilag and he saw ladies close to 30 years old having several teddy bears on their bed. He said those teddy bears are so big that he (super Ted) felt intimidated. Bad enough, those ladies did not even recognize him. I felt sorry for him super Ted. Spider man (12 on the list) snobbed me all through. I don't know why. As for danger mouse, we met at DC. He is now broke, but very friendly. He told me he got bankrupt because of speeding tickets because according to him, he has paid close to 10 million dollars in speeding ticket from the early 1980s till date. Abacha (14 on the list). He appears very gentle now. While talking over the phone, he said he know he would be going to hell fire, and he know there is no food there. So, he told me he still found his way of stealing some yams into hell. He was asking if I could get someone to help him bring palm oyel which he can use to eat the yams he roasted with the heat in hell fire, and some fura denunu to step it down. I think his credit finished along the line as I got disconnected all of a sudden.

Those are the great celebrities I have met. I am looking forward to seeing more thou

LMAO..
Re: Have You Met A Celebrity? by ijebabe: 3:44pm On Jul 10, 2012
Besides the ones mentioned already grin the odd ones I can remember are Paulo Coelho (Author) and Fabio Cannavaro (Former Italian football captain).
I am not allowed to mention the rest cheesy
Re: Have You Met A Celebrity? by aliciab: 5:35pm On Jul 10, 2012
who is a celebrity.i think this whole celebrity thing is overrated.dont get me wrong.i appreciate people who have and are still doing great and amazing things in various spheres of life.but this new crazy celebrity madness i dont understand.somebody participates in a reality show. he becomes a celebrity somebody is a socialite,automatically he or she is a celebrity.give me a break.why dont we rather celebrate the men and women who are doing doing extraordinary things each day.
Re: Have You Met A Celebrity? by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jul 10, 2012
Alfoasegh: I'm always meeting Gov. Rotimi Amaechi everywhere I go -NTA Road, Choba, Trans-Amadi, Mater Misericordiae Catholic Church, Ikwerre road, Hotel Presidential, Shell IA Complex, just name it ....everywhere! Something tells me I'm going to be a Governor or President some day.

I also saw him @ PH airport one evening like that.
Re: Have You Met A Celebrity? by BUSHMAN1: 6:04pm On Jul 10, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin yes i have met KING AMADIOHA!
Re: Have You Met A Celebrity? by Aryyor: 6:07pm On Jul 10, 2012
Dec. 2010 - I met Pastor Kumuyi in Air France plane; Paris-Lagos. I still beat myself till date why I did not take a pic with him. He is an epitome of humility and carries that aura of peace around him. He bent forward a little as he replied to my greeting with 'How are you? God bless you'.

Met Donald Duke and Jerry Gana in domestic flights.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Amber Rose And Dbanj Chilling Together Kokolet 10th Year Anniversary,pictures / Omotola Jalade-ekeinde Strikes An Arousing Pose! / SHOCKER! Will Smith's Son To Cut His Own Manhood

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.