Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,807 members, 7,817,342 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:35 AM

Grown-Up Kids Kick Their Father Out Of His House! - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Grown-Up Kids Kick Their Father Out Of His House! (17595 Views)

Should I Cut My Father Out Of My Life? / Amazing Photos Of Grown Nigerian Quintuplets & Quadruplets / Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Grown-Up Kids Kick Their Father Out Of His House! by maclatunji: 4:58pm On Jul 10, 2012
Ivynwa: Who is accusing Mac (who is a moslem) of sanctioning polygamy when his religion accepts that?

It is clear that the whole issue affected the woman mentally, someone once narrated to me how the same thing happened to their mother when their father took a second wife and they had to be treating her in a psychiatric hospital. What even gives some men the audacity to turn around and consider their wives "unbefitting" after getting old with them? The children should get medical help for their mother and stop patronizing the native doctors-prophets-and-prophetess that only help in breaking families apart with their crazy divinations and finger pointing.

As per the man the right proverb for him should be "Onye kpatara nku ahuhu si ngwere biara ya ugwo/ He who fetched an ant-ridden firewood invited lizards". What is that other woman still doing in that place? She better find her way and allow this unfortunate family to pull themselves together.

This has been the most rational female response here so far. I am not going to enter religion deeply here but know that my religion doesn't always sanction every case of Polygamy.

Away from the emotional outbursts there is the question: are a man's children allowed to kick him out of his own house under any circumstances?

Sometimes when I say people should not. overfocus on sex, people infer all sorts. Let's face it, the first wife is past it sexually. The man then goes ahead to get a younger wife for obvious reasons, you guys are now screaming, have you forgotten, it is SEX we are talking about here!

A woman should never hold it in her heart that her husband will never marry another woman even if he never will. It is for sanity!

The first wife should have said to her husband: "you have decided to marry that 'useless' girl and I may never forgive you but I have a great right to XYZ of your gratuity and I demand respect for me and my children from you and her moving forward."

This is a pragmatic and sane approach, the husband will get what he deserves.

1 Like

Re: Grown-Up Kids Kick Their Father Out Of His House! by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jul 10, 2012
Re: Grown-Up Kids Kick Their Father Out Of His House! by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jul 10, 2012
Whatever their fathers fault,I still feel it is wrong for a child to raise his hand and manhandle his parent,not to talk of flinging their father and his property out of the house and publicly disgracing/humiliating him.
Re: Grown-Up Kids Kick Their Father Out Of His House! by maclatunji: 6:40pm On Jul 10, 2012
chaircover:

WHATTTTTTT!!!!!!!

Go back and read Biology 101 abegiiiiiiiiiiiiii. Is is not a medical fact that a mans libido decreases as he ages?

. . . . .And how can a woman with that at the back of her head, give her all in all to the marriage/man. You think that if I know that my husband will go and marry another I will invest so much into my marriage? Any spare penny I have will be put to securing my future and that of my kids.

A man who woke up one morning and kicked his wife to the kerb and is frolicking in the arms of another woman is the same man that you want to appeal to his conscience abi?

A man's sex drive decreases, it does not evaporate or disappear. I am not saying you should make it your number one thought that your husband will leave you for another woman but do a little simulation and ask yourself - what would I do in such a situation? If many women do that, those that find themselves in that situation would find themselves coping better.

The man rented another flat for second wife so we cannot say she has been kicked on the kerb. I know it is not pretty but the wife and her kids could have handled it better. The man would have been the one left regretting if they had been patient and persevering. Now, it is a total tragedy.
Re: Grown-Up Kids Kick Their Father Out Of His House! by maclatunji: 6:45pm On Jul 10, 2012
Richvkunt: Whatever their fathers fault,I still feel it is wrong for a child to raise his hand and manhandle his parent,not to talk of flinging their father and his property out of the house and publicly disgracing/humiliating him him.
i

Where did you put this one before that these "lionesses" wanted to devour me? Thank God I survived.
Re: Grown-Up Kids Kick Their Father Out Of His House! by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jul 10, 2012
These are the kind of stories that make women hide their finances from a man. There is no justification for this man's behavior no way to rationalize it. The men are sounding as if at least he didn't drive his 1st wife away so he has tried for her. If only she had known she wouldn't have taken all those BS from him. He never valued her.

Obviously he had always wished he could have someone else. The gratuity money they should be enjoying together he took to rent another house for one lost woman. The sad part is if you hear the amount sef it may make one weep. Mayb the kids feel he should go spend time with his new wife. Bad behavior on their part for throwing their pops things out but I don't think the house belongs to him anyway.

1 Like

Re: Grown-Up Kids Kick Their Father Out Of His House! by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jul 10, 2012
maclatunji: i

Where did you put this one before that these "lionesses" wanted to devour me? Thank God I survived.

I am not sure they have finished with you yet!
Re: Grown-Up Kids Kick Their Father Out Of His House! by dayokanu(m): 7:20pm On Jul 10, 2012
The children are in the wrong here.

people divorce everyday. Women divorce men and men divorce women. it would be heartless to tell the man to continue living with their mother if he doesnt feel like it again. Would it be better if he stayed with her and stabbed or shot her?

The man spent his gratuity he earned the way he wanted, The woman too could have worked and earned her gratuity and spent it on a new boy toy Would it be right for the kids to go to the house of the new Boyfriend and throw her belongings out causing her physical harm in the process?

Nothing is by force in the world. A couple can marry at 12noon and by 3pm one decide he/she isnt interested again. Likewise they can live for 60yrs and still say they are not doing again. Fight no dey inside

2 Likes

Re: Grown-Up Kids Kick Their Father Out Of His House! by EfemenaXY: 7:51pm On Jul 10, 2012
All you guys supporting the man's action here:

Would you hold the same views if the lady (first wife) in question here was your mother, sister or daughter?

Pls answer this honestly.
Re: Grown-Up Kids Kick Their Father Out Of His House! by pendo89(f): 8:24pm On Jul 10, 2012
wow.

all things right and wrong here. I d rather read.
Re: Grown-Up Kids Kick Their Father Out Of His House! by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jul 10, 2012
Richvkunt: I recently witnessed something that shocked me and made me wonder what has happened to the foundation of the family,if a couple of grown up kids could gang up and kick their aged father out of his own house?

The father in this real life story,had struggled all his life to train these four kids up to university level.
He had recently retired as a lower cadre civil servant,in one of the Federal ministries in the country.

In the course of his career as a civil servant he had managed to save up enough money to build a medium level bungalow,where he,his wife and four kids lived.

Now in his retirement,when he should be enjoying the fruit of his labour,his four grown up children and their mother ganged up to kick him out of his house,into the streets.WHY?

Well the reason according to the children,is that the their father recently collected his gratuity money and decided their mother was too old for him and therefore decided to bring in a younger woman as a wife to keep him warm in his old age.The children kicked against this and told their father that he could marry his new sweet sixteen OUTSIDE the house he built,meaning he had to rent a house outside where the new wife would stay.

The father agreed to these terms and conditions and everyone was living happily ever after until the mother of these four grown up kids contracted a strange sickness that almost turned her in to a lunatic who began mumbling and talking to herself.

The drama began,when these four kids who are university graduates decided to take their mother to a herbalist,instead of a psychiatric hospital.
The herbalist informed the stunned children that the cause of their mothers strange illness was their fathers new wife and that through their father the young wife had apparently planted some juju in the house that was affecting the mother and driving her mad.The children were up in arms and without consulting any elders confronted their father over the allegation of the herbalist.The father denied this accusation and insisted on the old wife being taken to a hospital for proper treatment.The children were having none of this and would not allow their father touch his wife.

Anyway last weekend all hell was let lose in the household when the four grown up children kicked their father out of his house,clothes,shoes,books and mattresses were flying through the air,till they rested in an untidy heap outside the house.

Finally the man himself was physically rough handled and pushed out of the house.
All pleas from neighbours for restraint fell on deaf ears.

Shocking situation:mother demented and living with a herbalist.Father thrown out of the house,into the streets.Grown up kids in the house refusing to take their mum for proper medical care.Young wife living in fear for her life.

What is the family turning into?

I love theses guys infact they were supposed to arrest that man.Anyday my dad tries to maltreat my mum,I will make sure i do something he is going to regret to him.He didnt care about the mother of his children but care about one dirty girl.useless man. angry

2 Likes

Re: Grown-Up Kids Kick Their Father Out Of His House! by 2mch(m): 8:30pm On Jul 10, 2012
I most likely would have joined my siblings in doing this. Especially if my father's act in anyway caused my mums illness. We cannot judge these kids. But it is quite obvious that the father does not have any respect in his home. He must have been doing this for a long time. I also doubt he owns the house. undecided. Some people like to take advantage of others, the wife may actually be the one that owns it all, but tradition states the woman should present it like the man owns it. From the outside looking in, it is obvious that there is more to this. grin cheesy. Just a case of children fighting back when they are older. cool

1 Like

Re: Grown-Up Kids Kick Their Father Out Of His House! by armyofone(m): 8:30pm On Jul 10, 2012
dayokanu: The children are in the wrong here.

people divorce everyday. Women divorce men and men divorce women. it would be heartless to tell the man to continue living with their mother if he doesnt feel like it again. Would it be better if he stayed with her and stabbed or shot her?

The man spent his gratuity he earned the way he wanted, The woman too could have worked and earned her gratuity and spent it on a new boy toy Would it be right for the kids to go to the house of the new Boyfriend and throw her belongings out causing her physical harm in the process?

Nothing is by force in the world. A couple can marry at 12noon and by 3pm one decide he/she isnt interested again. Likewise they can live for 60yrs and still say they are not doing again. Fight no dey inside

The man is wrong! how can you treat someone like that? why didn't he share the money? i mean give her some.

Pple divorce everyday but please divorce with some sense and your sanity intact. a woman who has been with you all that long, given you 4 kids that you both raised! now you retire and hook up with a younger woman. How abt sharing the mooney or giving everything to her and start life afresh with your opeke?
What the man did was wrong. We may never know what their mama went through for the children to have acted like that.
no one is saying don't divorce but give that woman what she deserved!

1 Like

Re: Grown-Up Kids Kick Their Father Out Of His House! by hercules07: 8:31pm On Jul 10, 2012
The man should get the Police to kick the crazy kids out of his home, he should also go to the herbalist to get his wife so he can take her to a proper hospital for treatment, once the woman is okay, he should try to do right by her by sharing some of the gratuity with her, she deserves it. The problems between parents should be handled delicately by children, they can decide to shower more affection on their mum but they should not be throwing their father out of his own home, that is an abomination.

1 Like

Re: Grown-Up Kids Kick Their Father Out Of His House! by andyanders: 8:31pm On Jul 10, 2012
The man did wrong by bringing new wife after all these yrs with the mother of his children. The trauma is enough to kill the woman. He got what he wanted

1 Like

Re: Grown-Up Kids Kick Their Father Out Of His House! by armyofone(m): 8:36pm On Jul 10, 2012
Remember the Broderick case?
Remember the Texas dentist case (Suburban madness)?

oh well.
Re: Grown-Up Kids Kick Their Father Out Of His House! by goosebumps: 8:38pm On Jul 10, 2012
@op, what the man did was wrong by all religious and moral standards. his first wife has been with him all this while and after retirement he remembers that she is no longer as young or beautiful as their wedding day forgeting that the trauma of childbirth and raising his children have largely contributed to making her the way she is.
i say he totally deserved what he got.
on the other hand, no well breed child would treat their parents in such a manner regardless of the offence!
Re: Grown-Up Kids Kick Their Father Out Of His House! by gegee(m): 8:38pm On Jul 10, 2012
Abeg na who write this kind nollywood movie
Re: Grown-Up Kids Kick Their Father Out Of His House! by mikolo80: 8:43pm On Jul 10, 2012
UNA GIRLS GO MARRY WRONG HUSBAND COME DE CRY SAY UNA GO THRU THICK AND THIN.IF UNA LIKE NO GIVE UNASELF BRAIN MARRY PESIN WEN GO EVEN DIE FOR YOU OR GET UR OWN INVESTMENTS.
Re: Grown-Up Kids Kick Their Father Out Of His House! by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jul 10, 2012
Re: Grown-Up Kids Kick Their Father Out Of His House! by Ibime(m): 8:57pm On Jul 10, 2012
dayokanu: The children are in the wrong here.

Shuuuuush!!!

The wife is entitled to half of his gratuity.

Im sure the wife woulda earned her own kishi if she wasnt home raising 4 kids.

The man is an eediot. His life is evidence of that. He was a broke ars.e all his life, and the first time he got his hand on a little cash (which Im sure is pocket change to me and you), he decided to waste it all on renting a place for some 16 year old girl (when he already has a house), rather than setting his children up in life or treating his long suffering wife to some rest and relaxation after all the sacrifices she must have made with him over the last 30 odd years.

Why couldnt he cheat discretely on his wife all these years if he needed some "action"? It is in his old age that he wants to behave like a kid, throw his toys out the pram and rub disgrace in his wife's face. There are many great men out there keeping their families intact whilst still enjoying small action on the side. Im sure his wife would not have gone mad even if he was cheating, but the old fool decided to disgrace his whole family by making the matter public.
Re: Grown-Up Kids Kick Their Father Out Of His House! by touchmeder: 8:59pm On Jul 10, 2012
When a man strays and brings in a strange woman all sort of things begin to happen. that's where this man's problems started from.
the bible says break the hedge and the serpent will bite. i rest my case.
Re: Grown-Up Kids Kick Their Father Out Of His House! by occam(m): 9:02pm On Jul 10, 2012
What are four grown up children still doing in the house? The dire economic situation is definitely creating unforeseen social problems in our country. Sadly, in Nigeria we have men of 30yrs still living in their father's house.

If only one or two of the children were financially independent they could have supported the mo andm cut off the useless dad completely from their lives. The dad is a very selfish man and the best way to deal with him is to ignore him. Let him enjoy his "small wife". I bet you in couple of years the girl will get bored and leave him alone.

1 Like

Re: Grown-Up Kids Kick Their Father Out Of His House! by armyofone(m): 9:02pm On Jul 10, 2012
lol, better guy talk grin Ibime, you did a good job, thumb up cheesy. I strongly agree that she was entitled to that gratuity.
don't mind the guy. he sold his soul for 1 round of s.ex.
Re: Grown-Up Kids Kick Their Father Out Of His House! by dayokanu(m): 9:02pm On Jul 10, 2012
Ibime:

Shuuuuush!!!

The wife is entitled to half of his gratuity.

Im sure the wife woulda earned her own kishi if she wasnt home raising 4 kids.

The man is an eediot. His life is evidence of that. He was a broke ars.e all his life, and the first time he got his hand on a little cash (which Im sure is pocket change to me and you), he decided to waste it all on renting a place for some 16 year old girl (when he already has a house), rather than setting his children up in life or treating his long suffering wife to some rest and relaxation after all the sacrifices she must have made with him over the last 30 odd years.

Why couldnt he cheat discretely on his wife all these years if he needed some "action"? It is in his old age that he wants to behave like a kid, throw his toys out the pram and rub disgrace in his wife's face. There are many great men out there keeping their families intact whilst still enjoying small action on the side. Im sure his wife would not have gone mad even if he was cheating, but the old fool decided to disgrace his whole family by making the matter public.

How is the woman entitled to half his gratuity?

Assuming it was the woman who decides to leave would the man too be entitled to half her gratuity?
Re: Grown-Up Kids Kick Their Father Out Of His House! by dayokanu(m): 9:05pm On Jul 10, 2012
armyofone:

The man is wrong! how can you treat someone like that? why didn't he share the money? i mean give her some.

Pple divorce everyday but please divorce with some sense and your sanity intact. a woman who has been with you all that long, given you 4 kids that you both raised! now you retire and hook up with a younger woman. How abt sharing the mooney or giving everything to her and start life afresh with your opeke?
What the man did was wrong. We may never know what their mama went through for the children to have acted like that.
no one is saying don't divorce but give that woman what she deserved!

What more do they need? They already chased the man from the house he built Is that not enough?
Re: Grown-Up Kids Kick Their Father Out Of His House! by armyofone(m): 9:06pm On Jul 10, 2012
nothing like assuming in this case. read the Original post again.

She is entitled to that money.
don't get it twisted.
Re: Grown-Up Kids Kick Their Father Out Of His House! by dayokanu(m): 9:08pm On Jul 10, 2012
armyofone: nothing like assuming in this case. read the Original post again.

She is entitled to that money.
don't get it twisted.

Richvkunt: Well the reason according to the children,is that the their father recently collected his gratuity money and decided their mother was too old for him and therefore decided to bring in a younger woman as a wife to keep him warm in his old age.[b]The children kicked against this and told their father that he could marry his new sweet sixteen OUTSIDE the house he built,meaning he had to rent a house outside where the new wife would stay.
The father agreed to these terms and conditions and everyone was living happily ever after [/b]until the mother of these four grown up kids contracted a strange sickness that almost turned her in to a lunatic who began mumbling and talking to herself.
Re: Grown-Up Kids Kick Their Father Out Of His House! by Sagamite(m): 9:08pm On Jul 10, 2012
Reetarded kids.

Products of a failed education system.

Nigerian "graduate" + religious superstitions + inherent low-quality brain = Total fucktardism.

1 Like

Re: Grown-Up Kids Kick Their Father Out Of His House! by armyofone(m): 9:08pm On Jul 10, 2012
@ Dayokanu

They didn't like the way he treated their old mother.

I'd like to have children who will be defensive for me especially against a guy tongue.
They are boys, i'm sure they know what has been going on in the house without the knowledge of outsiders.

1 Like

Re: Grown-Up Kids Kick Their Father Out Of His House! by dayokanu(m): 9:11pm On Jul 10, 2012
The man was already kicked out of the house he built, What more do they need?

The woman too worked and she has a right to spend her own retirement too anyway she wants.

When the father decided to marry another wife, the children since they were sent to school should find a way to take care of their mom and not to be fighting their father

I repeat no Human should be forced to be in a relationship he doesnt want to be it 6hrs long or 6decades

Would it be better if the man stayed with their mom and killed her at night?
Re: Grown-Up Kids Kick Their Father Out Of His House! by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jul 10, 2012

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Girl Is A Year Old Today! / Twitter Users List What They Consider As 'toxic Femininity' / Nairaland Online Reality Family Show - Season One

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.