Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,793 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:34 PM

Relationship Mistakes You Made. - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Relationship Mistakes You Made. (23339 Views)

Silly Relationship Mistakes Every Single Lady Regrettably Commit / 5 Relationship Mistakes I Made In My Life—no 5 Is Over My Dead Body / Relationship Mistakes You Must Avoid In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Relationship Mistakes You Made. by cindyrella(f): 2:30pm On Jul 11, 2012
One mistake i made was holding on to something that was already dead.. I learned the hard way. cry
Re: Relationship Mistakes You Made. by Holiday: 2:31pm On Jul 11, 2012
beblessed: Dating in my office. Hated myself when it ended and immediately changed my work place. Many colleagues knew about it.

such a terrible thing to do....always ends in regrets
Re: Relationship Mistakes You Made. by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jul 11, 2012
ujchief: Worse mistake... Believing that girls are sane enough to know whats best for them.
She told me a guy approached her and is serious about marrying her. I was in my finals at uni, so i couldnt give her the guarantee and assurances of a live-long relationship. She claimed the guy was serious about mariage, so i believed she knew what was best for her. We agreed to part ways for good so she can get maried, how wrong was i!
The guy man wanted some action, and the only way to get it was to play the mariage card to displace me. Two yrs later, shes stil as single as i am, and the guy man has left for good. She must hav learnt her bitter lesson by now.

One mistake for the ladies is believing that ujchief knows what's best for you.
Re: Relationship Mistakes You Made. by Basildon1(m): 2:32pm On Jul 11, 2012
ujchief: Worse mistake... Believing that girls are sane enough to know whats best for them.
She told me a guy approached her and is serious about marrying her. I was in my finals at uni, so i couldnt give her the guarantee and assurances of a live-long relationship. She claimed the guy was serious about mariage, so i believed she knew what was best for her. We agreed to part ways for good so she can get maried, how wrong was i!
The guy man wanted some action, and the only way to get it was to play the mariage card to displace me. Two yrs later, shes stil as single as i am, and the guy man has left for good. She must hav learnt her bitter lesson by now.
Sorry...had to LOL!
Re: Relationship Mistakes You Made. by 4wardever(m): 2:32pm On Jul 11, 2012
shymmex: You can't really learn from other people's mistakes in relationships because people are different... You learn from your own mistakes..

Applying other people's experience(s)/mistake(s) to your relationship, will make it fail before it starts...

Go into every relationship with a clear mind, set out your objectives, and treat everything that happens as an isolated case..

Actually, it is MUCH better to learn from other people's mistakes not ours cos not everyone can survive to tell their own mistakes. grin grin
Despite some of the misleading/outrageous posts stated here, there are still some valuable ones I have learnt from; @ Sex Kills, well done bruv.

@ shymmex, I get your drift that we should not carry stereotypes but I think our mistakes really are a reflection of the principles we applied and since principles are universal, it can be applied anywhere and by anyone. However, it is our personal experiences that are unique.

1 Like

Re: Relationship Mistakes You Made. by kittykat1(f): 2:33pm On Jul 11, 2012
shymmex:

Hmmmmm....How can it be a mistake when I just found out today, huh? grin

I've got loads of love to give. wink

Spreading love is shymmex' thing. kiss

Lots of love? I have not noticed it yet. When I do then I wld know if its a mistake or not.
Re: Relationship Mistakes You Made. by Saraha1(f): 2:33pm On Jul 11, 2012
Hmmm
Re: Relationship Mistakes You Made. by Aigirl(f): 2:35pm On Jul 11, 2012
My gr8est mstak is stickin2 one guy,no bakup,no insurance,he knew it,tuk advntage of it,evn whn i find d guts2leave him,it stil hurts,nxt time,im a get bakups,insurnces etc.

2 Likes

Re: Relationship Mistakes You Made. by Brite02(m): 2:36pm On Jul 11, 2012
sharp_shap: I never expected the unexpected! I was waiting for the impossible. She dumped me at the momenT when I was so deeply in love
that baaaaaaaad, the unexpected happened grin not even the impossible.. cheesy
Re: Relationship Mistakes You Made. by Brite02(m): 2:37pm On Jul 11, 2012
Aigirl: My gr8est mstak is stickin2 one guy,no bakup,no insurance,he knew it,tuk advntage of it,evn whn i find d guts2leave him,it stil hurts,nxt time,im a get bakups,insurnces etc.
keeping backups back fires... my 1 cent
Re: Relationship Mistakes You Made. by kittykat1(f): 2:43pm On Jul 11, 2012
Brite02: keeping backups back fires... my 1 cent

Na lie o! Always have a back up. Ask 190 I'm go tell u
Re: Relationship Mistakes You Made. by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jul 11, 2012
kitty kat:

Lots of love? I have not noticed it yet. When I do then I wld know if its a mistake or not.

Love is an emotion..

Soon come, though. grin

Holla @ the king of love. kiss
Re: Relationship Mistakes You Made. by honeric01(m): 2:49pm On Jul 11, 2012
Aigirl: My gr8est mstak is stickin2 one guy,no bakup,no insurance,he knew it,tuk advntage of it,evn whn i find d guts2leave him,it stil hurts,nxt time,im a get bakups,insurnces etc.

LOL i wish you good luck with backups o, when you get in trouble, that's when you'll know that it sucks because none of them is going to vouch for you since you are not committed to any of them.
Re: Relationship Mistakes You Made. by swtchicgurl: 2:54pm On Jul 11, 2012
cindyrella: One mistake i made was holding on to [size=14pt]something that was already dead[/size].. cry

and what was that? shocked
Re: Relationship Mistakes You Made. by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jul 11, 2012
4wardever:
Actually, it is MUCH better to learn from other people's mistakes not ours cos not everyone can survive to tell their own mistakes. grin grin
Despite some of the misleading/outrageous posts stated here, there are still some valuable ones I have learnt from; @ Sex Kills, well done bruv.

@ shymmex, I get your drift that we should not carry stereotypes but I think our mistakes really are a reflection of the principles we applied and since principles are universal, it can be applied anywhere and by anyone. However, it is our personal experiences that are unique.

The bolded part correlates what I was trying to say... Applying other people's solution(s)/experience(s) to your relationship isn't the best thing to do, to be honest... It's better when you understand the person you're dealing with, and deal with the peculiar problems in your relationship as isolated cases..

That's why communication is very important in relationships
Re: Relationship Mistakes You Made. by habayommy: 2:56pm On Jul 11, 2012
Years back I was given admission into one of the fed uni but i refuse to go because she didn't pass her UME dat year. I wud hv been a grad @ 21. This is the most mumustic mistake hv ever made.

sad sad sad
Re: Relationship Mistakes You Made. by Freiburger(m): 2:58pm On Jul 11, 2012
^^ a very hard decision.
Re: Relationship Mistakes You Made. by obimind(m): 2:58pm On Jul 11, 2012
tobechi20: Öne mistake i made in a relationship is ENTERING A RELATIONSHIP.

I realised it is best to keep out of a relationship until one is ready to settle down.
I share ur schl of thought. U're right!

1 Like

Re: Relationship Mistakes You Made. by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jul 11, 2012
I love this thread.
My biggest mistake was accepting her back. She cheated, and because I love everything about her, I thought I could forgive her, so we could move on. I was totally wrong. I broke up with her yesterday
Re: Relationship Mistakes You Made. by swtchicgurl: 3:00pm On Jul 11, 2012
habayommy: I was given admission into one of the fed uni but i refuse to go because she didn't pass her UME dat year. This most mumustic mistake hv ever made.

sad sad sad

If you really did that, then you're right about the emboldened!
shocked lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Relationship Mistakes You Made. by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jul 11, 2012
habayommy: I was given admission into one of the fed uni but i refuse to go because she didn't pass her UME dat year. This most mumustic mistake hv ever made.

sad sad sad
That's what i call "mumucombobulated". sad

1 Like

Re: Relationship Mistakes You Made. by swtchicgurl: 3:02pm On Jul 11, 2012
sexkillz:
That's what i call "mumucombobulated". sad

i couldn't agree more! sad
Re: Relationship Mistakes You Made. by klaus3011(m): 3:04pm On Jul 11, 2012
dating idowuogbo cry cry cry...i am responsible for the bitterness and hatred she has towards all men tongue tongue tongue...i am sure she still wants me back though grin grin grin
Re: Relationship Mistakes You Made. by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jul 11, 2012
habayommy: Years back I was given admission into one of the fed uni but i refuse to go because she didn't pass her UME dat year. I wud hv been a grad @ 21. This is the most mumustic mistake hv ever made.

sad sad sad

na wa o. cheesy
Re: Relationship Mistakes You Made. by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jul 11, 2012
The mistake i made was i made her my One,and Only,she left me despite that.now my life is better with numerous lovers that know each others.it works for me.

1 Like

Re: Relationship Mistakes You Made. by xavier3(m): 3:08pm On Jul 11, 2012
I have read lots of replies here; filled with regrets, hurt and what stance to take to prevent the past from repeating itself and avoiding being hurt. but people forget one thing
nobody can learn from everybody's mistakes, because relationship problems differ and partners differ as such it would be disastrous if you put everyone's experience to heart and say this is the route to take because of the past.
people carryover the baggage of the previous relationship to the next by taking on a different stance or attitude as a result of their past encounters.
what if the next guy/girl is the right one and your busy holding reservations because you don't want to be heart broken. A heartache would end up occurring and the cycle and trend will go on and on and on.
Its easy to say and hard to do but one can still try. That's why there is such a thing called "giving someone the benefit of the doubt"

3 Likes

Re: Relationship Mistakes You Made. by badmrkt(m): 3:09pm On Jul 11, 2012
i did a lota of shiits in the name of mistakes.the fact that i allowed my emotion played a smart one on me makes me feel like an as-hole.
i confined my lil heart into my ex's and she used it as a pawn on the chess board.i did the best thing i could do,so i turned my back on her.
Re: Relationship Mistakes You Made. by oayombo: 3:09pm On Jul 11, 2012
Starting a new relationship a week after she dumped me. I've learnt to let wounds heal since then.

1 Like

Re: Relationship Mistakes You Made. by kittykat1(f): 3:12pm On Jul 11, 2012
shymmex:

Love is an emotion..

Soon come, though. grin

Holla @ the king of love. kiss

I have hollad and no response
Re: Relationship Mistakes You Made. by obimind(m): 3:13pm On Jul 11, 2012
Phems: I key in2 relationship with her to help her out of heartbreak frm her ex,

believing it wud b 4 a short period.

She became addicted to me n wont let me go....

i regretted d step i took!

very difficult to say bye,...cos i don wanna break her heart again but i have to go 'cos i dont LOVE her!
Rubbish!!! Girls now hav an elastic(kpomo) hrt.The earlier u get to know abt dis fact, the better for u.

1 Like

Re: Relationship Mistakes You Made. by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jul 11, 2012
habayommy: Years back I was given admission into one of the fed uni but i refuse to go because she didn't pass her UME dat year. I wud hv been a grad @ 21. This is the most mumustic mistake hv ever made.

sad sad sad
u be mumu true true.ur mumu na in HD.

1 Like

Re: Relationship Mistakes You Made. by badmrkt(m): 3:23pm On Jul 11, 2012
dorothy111: I love this thread.
My biggest mistake was accepting her back. She cheated, and because I love everything about her, I thought I could forgive her, so we could move on. I was totally wrong. I broke up with her yesterday
she must have used juju on you. . .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Nnaemeka Ikerionwu Of Cfrmagazine Weds Chinenye Roselyn Onedibe (Photos) / The 8 Weirdest Things Every Girl Wants A Guy To Do In Bed / How To Stay Safe When Meeting A Nigerian Guy You Met Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.