Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,859 members, 7,821,000 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:34 AM

Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government (23146 Views)

Deadly Bombings Reported In Nigerian City Where Boko Haram Was Founded- NY Times / Cameroonian Army Claims Boko Haram Leader, Abubakar Shekau Has Been Killed (pix) / Boko-Haram Was Planning To Declare Their Own Country - Tukur (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government by boyendowed(m): 6:26pm On Jul 11, 2012
I wonder what they will say if boko haram succeeds in attacking any US owned institution or organization
Re: Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government by Ngwakwe: 6:28pm On Jul 11, 2012
dayokanu: Even Obama knows that we have a poor and terrible govt in retardeen Jonathan

What a shame

maybe its because of the "Born to rule" mentality in Obama,

Maybe its because Obama is jealous of the SS minority,

maybe its because Obama is a parasite after their oyel.

maybe its because Obama hates the SS

The same foolishness that made you lose your job has started manifesting itself in Nairaland.

Just imagine somebody like you calling people who have opposing views to yours- 40 laptops, because you failed to present a superior argument.

You have become unproductive in life and being frustrated, I advise you to go for rehabilitation.

Just a candid advice.
Re: Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government by Chyz2: 6:28pm On Jul 11, 2012
Beaf:

How does where you live affect the argument? angry

Uhh, maybe because we have our own newspapers and tv stations that lets us know the countries dealings and stance in other countries. Hope hope you do know that. Duh!
Re: Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government by Beaf: 6:31pm On Jul 11, 2012
[size=14pt]
In Kebbi State of northern Nigeria, the average age of marriage for girls is just over 11 years, compared to a national average of 17
[/size]

http://www.unfpa.org/swp/2005/presskit/factsheets/facts_child_marriage.htm

Those statistics are from the UN. What a disgrace!!! angry angry

Failure of state and LG. Failure of the core-Northern elite who are only interested in "born to rule," enslaving their own people and visioucly exploiting Nigeria.
Re: Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government by Cupidkc(m): 6:31pm On Jul 11, 2012
Still On a mission to make Nigeria unstable in 2015.
Re: Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government by Rossikk(m): 6:38pm On Jul 11, 2012
Chyz*:

Uhh, maybe because we have our own newspapers and tv stations that lets us know the countries dealings and stance in other countries. Hope hope you do know that. Duh!

Come on will you shut up there. Goat talking rubbish.
Re: Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government by occam(m): 6:38pm On Jul 11, 2012
"Boko Haram capitalised on popular frustrations with the nation’s leaders, poor government, ineffective service delivery, and dismal living conditions for many northerners".

What is so difficult to understand about this statement? BH took advantage of the abject poverty in Northern Nigeria to advance their cause. With over 11 million kids out of school northern Nigeria is indeed a breeding ground for terrorism. BH is simply using Islam to make recruiting much easier.

Terrorist organisations always thrive in chaotic societies where the leaders have failed to respond to the yearnings of the masses. Read your history book and you'll understand this. Don't just disagree for the sake of it.
Re: Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jul 11, 2012
"Even Obama Praised Me!" ---- Pres. Goodluck Jonathan, Sept.2011.
Re: Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government by lacasa: 6:39pm On Jul 11, 2012
Lmfaooooooooooo grin

Boko is not caused by thee Northerners

Boko is not caused by Islam

Boko is not buhari

Boko is not caused by haters of Gej

Obama don enta trouble for Nairaland be dat ☺º°˚˚°ºoo cool

Hahahhahahahahahahahah!!!

Now, who get sense pass cool
Re: Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government by deandavid(m): 6:39pm On Jul 11, 2012
onatisi:

i had wanted to ask that question.this thing or issue is obvious the north is not developed due to the selfihness of their elites ok that makes the hungry abokis a ready made tool for bh.why is it hard for ppl to understand what obama is saying.this bh problem is as a result of bad leadership ,corruption and worst stndard of living.
if you believe what this white people say abt nigeria, then you believe majority of nigerians lives on less than 2 dollars a day, which is a very BIG LIE.
Re: Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government by cosby07: 6:40pm On Jul 11, 2012
Mr OBAMA thank you we already know your plan,its no longer secret that you are an ANTI-CHRIST,do you want to pass antichrist bill in NIGERIA just as you did in your country all in the name of FREE health care, mark of he beast on the fore head, Stupid man
Re: Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government by Pataki: 6:41pm On Jul 11, 2012
Rewind.........

kingoflag: [size=20pt]"Even Obama Praised Me!" ---- Pres. Goodluck Jonathan, Sept.2011.[/size]

[img]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSXfRMSPnUwCj7RYnklJ9OYMVIOnOtAD5UtuOQ161TcEajeAKLR[/img]
Re: Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government by KayDee4: 6:42pm On Jul 11, 2012
ajobes: yet the messiah are still battling with economics ressession
[size=13pt]Yeah, but you will never hear of uncontrolled and senseless killings happening in their homeland for 1..,2..,3.. years, with no end in sight. [/size]
Re: Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government by Jeejile: 6:42pm On Jul 11, 2012
Mr Obama, u may be right but that's none of ur business. Face ur election cause u have an uphill task.
Re: Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government by bonna4u(m): 6:43pm On Jul 11, 2012
[b][/b]Poverty can’t be blamed for the book haram manance because their bombs have killed more poor persons than rich people. Most of their bombs are detonated in churches and according to GORDONS: "rich man no dey be prayer worrior."
Re: Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government by SisiKill1: 6:45pm On Jul 11, 2012
Pataki: Rewind.........

Bwhahahahaha!! You are so wrong for this!! Hehehehe cheesy cheesy
Re: Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government by dayokanu(m): 6:46pm On Jul 11, 2012
Ngwakwe:
The same foolishness that made you lose your job has started manifesting itself in Nairaland.
Just imagine somebody like you calling people who have opposing views to yours- 40 laptops, because you fail to present a superior argument.
You have become unproductive in life and being frustrated, I advise you to go for rehabilitation.
Just a candid advice.

Bros carry bucket and begin cry put

Like Stereoman said E dey pain me ga ga

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dne5mzMZZw0
Re: Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jul 11, 2012
Re: Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government by Ninapha(f): 6:51pm On Jul 11, 2012
Pataki:
No it is affecting the whole nation. Food prices have increased simply because some of the food products from the north are no longer in steady supply.

There is growing kidnapping business in the East.

There is growing militancy in the South.

There is growing rate of assassination, robbery, and wanton stealing in the West. Fulani herdsmen are busy murdering everyday citizens in the South West.

So tell me are Nigerians not frustrated enough with this poor government? The mere fact that Boko Haram has not landed anywhere in the South West is why Nigeria has not yet gone upside down totally.
in dat case boko boys are plain stupid. Kidnappers kidnap rich pple. Assasins assasinate rich men when then are frustrated boko boys killn even more frustrated ppl. Now if this whole thing is induced by frustration here is list of ppl to kill. IBB, Atiku, Salami, Dangote, Shehu, all past and present northern governors. Then all senators and rep members. All ministers and even themselves. True revolution.
Re: Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government by deandavid(m): 6:51pm On Jul 11, 2012
how can the north be developed, when they don't want to go to school, they can't even speak pigin english, they don't encourage people going there to settle down, did they start killing christians today? No, even before BH islamization agenda has always been there. So OBAMA shouldn't go there at all. Northern elites occupy most juicy positions in this country, yet they refuse to develop their place. And they continue to rankadede dem. Make we dey watch
Re: Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government by Onasa22: 6:52pm On Jul 11, 2012
dayokanu: Even Obama knows that we have a poor and terrible govt in retardeen Jonathan

What a shame

maybe its because of the "Born to rule" mentality in Obama,

Maybe its because Obama is jealous of the SS minority,

maybe its because Obama is a parasite after their oyel.

maybe its because Obama hates the SS

Did Obama refer to the present Govt of the day only? How many years has GEJ ruled the country? How long has Gboko Haram been in existence? Please use your brain
Re: Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government by jamil2(m): 6:53pm On Jul 11, 2012
Obama is a wicked last I cheeked he was shaking jonathon and telling the whole world that he got a good friend( remember jonathon was really making a proud for the visit to the white house and seeing whatever the case might be he obama will back him which the case is different oyinbo no get permanent friend whats matter is how to make money and develop their countries) which up to today AIT is showing that stuff in order to delight the president but unfortunately today the reserve is answer.
Re: Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jul 11, 2012
Re: Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government by wadoski: 6:53pm On Jul 11, 2012
Tattooboy: the prob is GEJ. Why is it so hard for him to resign?
If wishes were horses................GEJ is the reason why BH with covert support of northern muslims have declared a war on Xtians, he is the reason why the north is underveloped inspite of billions of dollars that leave Abuja everyday for their state capitals, he is the reason a poor gate man in one small company marries 4 wives and gives birth to 20 almajiris, he is the reason why more than 50% of teachers in Sokoto state are stark illiterates, he is the reason why parents refuse to send their children to skul and instead send them to one mallam for Koranic education. Sorry pal GEJ is not going to resign and there is nothing u can do about it.
Re: Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government by HAH: 6:57pm On Jul 11, 2012
Some wanted drones but ended with lashes from Obama. Lolllllllllllll
Re: Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jul 11, 2012
jamil!:
Obama is a wicked last I cheeked he was shaking jonathon and telling the whole world that he got a good friend( remember jonathon was really making a proud for the visit to the white house and seeing whatever the case might be he obama will back him which the case is different oyinbo no get permanent friend whats matter is how to make money and develop their countries) which up to today AIT is showing that stuff in order to delight the president but unfortunately today the reserve is answer.

God!

No wonder Patience Jonathan thought to herself--- time after time--- that she was good enough to grab a microphone and address the world via Nigeria!

smh.
Re: Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jul 11, 2012
omo_to_dun: Silly Nigerians! Had you id[i]i[/i]ots taken good care of your country, outsiders wouldn't be meddling in your affairs.

Don't you think if USA took good care of its country - it wouldn't be about $20trillion in the hole, with 15% unemployment rate, and more than 25% of its population on food stamps?

I think USA should worry about its economy which is in the toilet, before telling us what to do..
Re: Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government by dvee2: 7:04pm On Jul 11, 2012
States like Ebonyi, Ekiti, Osun etc are very poor and undeveloped, yet they do not have boko haram. I wonder why?

Anyway, I believe that Obama is actually talking about failure of govt at LG and state levels; the US is not like Nigeria, where people feel that every mention of govt means the FG. The failures that created almajiri's, sharia etc are all at state and LG levels. It is states and LG's that provide schools, not the FG.

ok your disagreement is that you believed obama meant FG represented by GEJ when he said failure of government. If he had said failure of state or local government you would be ok with his statement?
wow i am begining to believe this 40 laptop theory. The next option is to look up my profile and past comment and attack me. I will still comment anyway.this is my take on this - being poor or failure of government is not the only factor causing terrorism,but sure its one of the factors. Also GEJ is not responsible for the frustation poor situation in the north i fully agree with you,but so also is Yardua not responsible for the militancy in the niger delta.but he fully engage it and dealt with it. Lets encourage GEJ to confront these issue in whatever way he can rather than doing nothing and believing its the work of his enemies in the north.
I am not disputing your theory of northern conspiracy,however is there a possibility even remotely that there are other factors which we might overlook because we are completely focus on one lead?
Re: Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jul 11, 2012
shymmex:

Don't you think if USA took good care of its country - it wouldn't be about $20trillion in the hole, with 15% unemployment rate, and more than 25% of its population on food stamps?

I think USA should worry about its economy which is in the toilet, before telling us what to do..
You want to compare The U.S to Nigeria?! undecided

Dude, abeg, spare urself the heartache.
Re: Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government by dayokanu(m): 7:09pm On Jul 11, 2012
See mumu in action

GEJ: What can I do for you ma.

Hilary : Whats your name

GEJ: They call me Jona, Sometimes Azikwe, or Goofluck, Ibos call me Odechuckwu, Yorubas call me Ademumu, Hausas call me Abdul-clueless, Moslems call me RETARDeen. So you choose anyone.

Hillary: Good. What are you core competences

GEJ: Ask Madam Turai, I can cut grass, catch fish, Wash bra and pant, cook and clean even prepare Akpu. Most importantly I obey orders

Hillary: Thats impressive, Oya lemme see how you can obey. Odechukwu shine your teeth

GEJ: [img]http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSUIMNYkQFPJg8jflub7zMYgSKUiuVq5L0S0GfRlonPS6rcfmtJ[/img]

Hilary: (Covers nose) Thats ok. Oya close your teeth. So you sef siddon like mumu dey wait for Drones? Why you mumu like this sef. Is it genetic?

GEJ: Yes ma
Re: Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government by Pataki: 7:16pm On Jul 11, 2012
dayokanu: See mumu in action

GEJ: What can I do for you ma.

Hilary : Whats your name

GEJ: They call me Jona, Sometimes Azikwe, or Goofluck, Ibos call me Odechuckwu, Yorubas call me Ademumu, Hausas call me Abdul-clueless, Moslems call me RETARDeen. So you choose anyone.

Hillary: Good. What are you core competences

GEJ: Ask Madam Turai, I can cut grass, catch fish, Wash bra and pant, cook and clean even prepare Akpu. Most importantly I obey orders

Hillary: Thats impressive, Oya lemme see how you can obey. Odechukwu shine your teeth

GEJ: [img]http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSUIMNYkQFPJg8jflub7zMYgSKUiuVq5L0S0GfRlonPS6rcfmtJ[/img]

Hilary: (Covers nose) Thats ok. Oya close your teeth. So you sef siddon like mumu dey wait for Drones? Why you mumu like this sef. Is it genetic?

GEJ: Yes ma

Re: Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government by solomon111(m): 7:19pm On Jul 11, 2012

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Last Days Of President Jonathan In Aso Rock / Biafra Protesters Attack Rivers Residents / Presidency 2019: There Is Vacancy In Aso Rock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.