Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:27 AM

Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government (23151 Views)

Deadly Bombings Reported In Nigerian City Where Boko Haram Was Founded- NY Times / Cameroonian Army Claims Boko Haram Leader, Abubakar Shekau Has Been Killed (pix) / Boko-Haram Was Planning To Declare Their Own Country - Tukur (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government by John4p(m): 12:27am On Jul 12, 2012
Since our dear jonathan has failed us,i think foregin bodies should come in,let Nigeria be divided or let us return to those good old days of millitary rule.....

Re: Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government by Nobody: 12:28am On Jul 12, 2012
all4naija: I am always watching your comments. They are indirectly in support of Northerners agenda, even when they are wrong!

How am I supporting Northern agenda? FYI, I'm not a fan of Northern Nigeria - but I'm against look at problems from the surface...

USA can NEVER, I repeat NEVER help Nigeria... We've to solve our problems ourselves...

Obama's stance showed that USA is definitely backing the Northern agenda by asserting that Boko Haram is a result of "Frustrations & Poor Government."... USA definitely has an agenda, and I wouldn't be surprised if they're indirectly behind Boko Haram...

We all know Al Qaeda/Muslim Brotherhood = CIA... They're allegedly fighting them in Afghanistan - but using the same al qaeda to do their dirty work in Libya and Syria..
Re: Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government by ebere1712: 12:30am On Jul 12, 2012
Those americans have made a terrible mistake. The Nigerian government wouldn't be trying to keep boko territory. We would even pay them to declare their sharia state and stay there. This is not Syria. Everybody to his father's house.
Re: Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government by Nobody: 12:31am On Jul 12, 2012
Can any Americophile on this thread tell me why USA always know about Boko Haram's suicide bombings before everyone? grin
Re: Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government by Nobody: 12:32am On Jul 12, 2012
If Farouk Abdulmutallab had succeeded, what would Obama and indeed Americans say?

This is a very hot slap on President Goodluck's face. His friends are beginning to dump him. This is just the beginning.

The west can never be trusted when it comes to affairs concerning Africa. Rwanda and others are very good examples.
Re: Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government by Nobody: 12:32am On Jul 12, 2012
shymmex:

How am I supporting Northern agenda? FYI, I'm not a fan of Northern Nigeria - but I'm against look at problems from the surface...

USA can NEVER, I repeat NEVER help Nigeria... We've to solve our problems ourselves...

Obama's stance showed that USA is definitely backing the Northern agenda by asserting that Boko Haram is a result of "Frustrations & Poor Government."... USA definitely has an agenda, and I wouldn't be surprised if they're indirectly behind Boko Haram...

We all know Al Qaeda/Muslim Brotherhood = CIA... They're allegedly fighting them in Afghanistan - but using the same al qaeda to do their dirty work in Libya and Syria..
Raise my brow! You are speculating as well.
Re: Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government by Detongue: 12:33am On Jul 12, 2012
Was it poverty and frustation dat led to 9/11. Obama pls get ur facts right b4 commenting
Re: Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government by nduchucks: 12:35am On Jul 12, 2012
Almost 3 years ago, I complained that the poor Northerners and Almajiris were the most marginalized Nigerians. One dummy, DapoBear, on his 7th post on NL attacked me here and summarily dismissed the need for well meaning Nigerians to challenge their government for these atrocities.

People like Beaf and PhysicsQED would rather blame the demise of these marginalized Nigerian on Governors/LG chairmen from the North and hide under the phrase “charity begins at home”

These so-called enlightened people conveniently ignore the fact the Federal ministries of Education, Works, and Interior alone, have been run by Southerners who have spent (stolen) over $89.89 billion over the past 15 or so years. They ignored these same poor Northerners.

The marginalization of these Northerers by the government aided and enabled by the lack of protests from people like Beaf, PhysicsPHD, Dapobear, is now biting the whole nation in the butt, in the form of BH. These three musketeers are government enablers in these atrocities, to say the least, and they represent the useless Nigerian youths.

Obama has now told you people the truth which you continue to reject because you prefer the tribal based interpretation of events.

The only way to redeem yourselves is to join hands with well meaning Nigerians and chase PDP out of Abuja in 2015. Enough is enough
Re: Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government by Nobody: 12:36am On Jul 12, 2012
all4naija: Raise my brow! You are speculating as well.

How am I speculating?

Libya: Rebel Leader Abdel Hakim Belhadj

Abdel Hakim Belhadj is a rising star in the Libyan leadership and standing for election, but his past ties to jihadi groups have sparked controversy - along with his claims of being tortured at the behest of US and British intelligence agencies under the programme known as rendition.

In August 2011 he stood victorious inside Col Muammar Gaddafi's Bab al-Aziziya compound after fighters from his Tripoli Brigade broke through the defences of the ousted leader's fortress.

But the victory was a long time coming for the staunch anti-Gaddafi fighter, who spent seven years in the city's notorious Abu Selim prison, where he says he was regularly tortured.

He says he and his wife, Fatima Bouchar, were handed to the Gaddafi regime by the CIA after being arrested in Thailand and transported via UK-controlled Diego Garcia.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-14786753

Syria

Members of al-Qaeda have infiltrated Syrian opposition groups, and likely executed recent bombings in the nation’s capital and largest city, the United States’ top intelligence official said Thursday.

The remarks by Director of National Intelligence James R. Clapper are the most definitive to date from a senior Obama administration official on al-Qaeda’s efforts to insert itself into the Syrian uprising.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/al-qaeda-infiltrating-syrian-opposition-us-officials-say/2012/02/16/gIQA9LDJIR_story.html
Re: Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government by Nobody: 12:37am On Jul 12, 2012
wadoski: Listen Mr this is not about GEJ ok? Even if what Obama said is true which I dont really accept, you must understand whatever frustration he is talkling about did not start with GEJ. He is only 2 yrs in power and independent Nigeria is 52 yrs old. You and Obama shud not give me that s**t about frustration, BH is about jihad and religion.
Why do we blame or insult the US president when it is actually the greed and irresponsibility of our government that's causing the disgrace and hardship? If an american representative makes a public declaration on a certain issue, it is most likely based on emperical premises. And i think what we should do is to examine our situation and task our young minds to think up viable solutions out of this ordeal.
P.S: a stitch in time saves nine; or as the yoruba will say ''OGUN ÀWÍTÉLÈ KÌÍ PA ARO....TÓ BÁ GBÓN !!
Re: Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government by nagoma(m): 12:47am On Jul 12, 2012
PhysicsQED:

This is the worst and most pitiful explanation I've seen for boko haram. As if poverty is exclusively a northern Nigerian phenomenon. Where is the rest of the terrorism in all of the other poor parts of Africa?

Why can't people just admit that they're just violent and dumb fanatics, period?( The real original BH has basically admitted that and i wish the President has the balls to bring those criminals to face the music. Your problem is that you will never rest until all northern Muslims, the millions of them are declared terrorists and BH which is not so.)

A decline from WHAT? ( this dumb question cannot be asked by a living person in 2012 even if he is non Nigerian living in Siberia.)

There was nothing significant to decline from to start with. This argument makes no sense, and as someone already mentioned, the bokos started getting more violent under Yar Adua.

Re: Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government by Nobody: 12:48am On Jul 12, 2012
shymmex:

How am I speculating?

Libya: Rebel Leader Abdel Hakim Belhadj

Syria

This is what you said 'We all know Al Qaeda/Muslim Brotherhood = CIA... They're allegedly fighting them in Afghanistan - but using the same al qaeda to do their dirty work in Libya and Syria..'
Re: Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government by overloved(m): 12:49am On Jul 12, 2012
Billyonaire: Is it true that Obama is black ?

no. he is green
Re: Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government by Nobody: 12:50am On Jul 12, 2012
overloved:

no. he is green
He's black and white!
Re: Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government by cap28: 1:50am On Jul 12, 2012
more lies from the wall street puppet.

al qaeda is a creation of US intelligence.

boko haram = al Qaeda splinter group trained, armed and financed by the United States govt.

Just as Al Qaeda was used to overthrow Qadaffi in Libya Boko Haram will be used to completely destabilise and destroy Nigeria.
Re: Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government by Nnamdi99(m): 1:57am On Jul 12, 2012
Henrick007: obama i beg help us call jack bauer oooo we need dat guy very badly, because d way he dey take stop bomb even nuclear weapon for 24 season film i bliv say dat guy fit help stop boko haram
guy just b serious for once if u dont have any tin 2 say just b quiet...mttteeeeeeeeeeeewww
Re: Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government by cap28: 1:58am On Jul 12, 2012
the nigerian govt backed and supported the overthrow of Qadaffi using US trained Al Qaeda terrorists, now they are facing Boko Haram terrorist elements who are threatening the stability of their own govt, if that is not nemesis i dont know what is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gai862lgPac
Re: Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government by Nobody: 2:05am On Jul 12, 2012
cap28: the nigerian govt backed and supported the overthrow of Qadaffi using US trained Al Qaeda terrorists, now they are facing Boko Haram terrorist elements who are threatening the stability of their own govt, if that is not nemesis i dont know what is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gai862lgPac
Really an armature comment!
Re: Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government by PhysicsQED(m): 2:11am On Jul 12, 2012
nagoma:
( The real original BH has basically admitted that and i wish the President has the balls to bring those criminals to face the music. Your problem is that you will never rest until all northern Muslims, the millions of them are declared terrorists and BH which is not so.)

I don't have an issue with the Northern muslims or the Northern christians or the Northern pagans, but what disgusts me is the desperate attempt to place the blame for the savagery and brainlessness of boko boys on "the fisherman" or on economic conditions existing elsewhere in Africa by some people from the North.

( this dumb question cannot be asked by a living person in 2012 even if he is non Nigerian living in Siberia.)

There was nothing dumb about the question.

When you can explain what deterioration there was in the bokos' living standard or livelihood that wasn't there previously, maybe you'll actually have a point with all this "rapid decline" stuff. How can people who are already at their lowest point, before GEJ came on, somehow experience a rapid decline as soon as he is elected, but when you ask what this rapid decline is no one can give a straight answer? It's annoying.
Re: Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government by Nobody: 5:38am On Jul 12, 2012
wadoski: Listen Mr this is not about GEJ ok? Even if what Obama said is true which I dont really accept, you must understand whatever frustration he is talkling about did not start with GEJ. He is only 2 yrs in power and independent Nigeria is 52 yrs old. You and Obama shud not give me that s**t about frustration, BH is about jihad and religion.
Re: Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government by Crayola1: 6:06am On Jul 12, 2012
PhysicsQED:

I don't have an issue with the Northern muslims or the Northern christians or the Northern pagans, but what disgusts me is the desperate attempt to place the blame for the savagery and brainlessness of boko boys on "the fisherman" or on economic conditions existing elsewhere in Africa by some people from the North.

There was nothing dumb about the question.

When you can explain what deterioration there was in the bokos' living standard or livelihood that wasn't there previously, maybe you'll actually have a point with all this "rapid decline" stuff. How can people who are already at their lowest point, before GEJ came on, somehow experience a rapid decline as soon as he is elected, but when you ask what this rapid decline is no one can give a straight answer? It's annoying.

You're asking too much from him. You are speaking to a very biased individual and asking him to for once in his life face the issue at hand and not use the his beliefs about Southern Nigerians (passed down from generation to generation no doubt) to color his thought process. Its impossible.

The fact that he claims that BH is the sole responsibility of GEJ when this thing has legs that stretch back to the Yardua administration and by some accounts even further back yet GEJ is the only guilty party, tells you all you need to know about Nagoma.
Re: Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government by Claumy2(m): 6:25am On Jul 12, 2012
What the man said to a reasonable extent is true. When the so called leaders are busy looting the economy of this country thereby subjecting the citizens to abject poverty and frustration.
Re: Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government by Ivynwa(f): 6:37am On Jul 12, 2012
The world seems not to have realized yet that the religious wars that reared its head in the middle East is threatening to erupt in full force in Nigeria. They are sitting arms akimbo watching and even laughing at us while we make fools of ourselves. Are they waiting to see kwashiokored children (as it was in the case of the Biafran secession war) or thousands/millions dead (as it was in the case of the Rwandan Genocide) before realizing that religious genocide is taking place in Nigeria? We don't want any sob/pity stories of "we should have acted in time enough to save them" in the future, isn't that the line that was used to explain away Rwandan Genocide and console the affected Rwandans after the world watched on while they got slaughtered off?

Hundreds of bodies strewn all over the land in Plateau state, mothers & wives weeping for their slaughtered children & husbands yet nobody/no world organisation is giving Nigeria attention. Are these wasted lives worthless? In Nigeria it's now a case of "if you are unlucky to have any of your family become a victim of this foolishness----sorry, go and bury your dead". Are all these victims being slaughtered weekly in these bombings/religious &tribal feuds not siblings, mothers and fathers of human beings. If the US govt know for real that they stand for human rights as they have been carrying themselves, what prevents them and the United Nations from seriously wading into this matter as we don't seem to be able to help ourselves with the way we are condoning, talking, chit chatting, quarrelling and even tribal-hating on top of this evil like it's nothing. The US govt attributing these bombings and killings to frustrations and poor government sounds like the reasons they are giving why they should turn their back on Nigeria and its wahala.
Re: Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government by nagoma(m): 7:01am On Jul 12, 2012
Crayola1:
You're asking too much from him. You are speaking to a very biased individual and asking him to for once in his life face the issue at hand and not use the his beliefs about Southern Nigerians (passed down from generation to generation no doubt) to color his thought process. Its impossible.
The fact that he claims that BH is the sole responsibility of GEJ when this thing has legs that stretch back to the Yardua administration and by some accounts even further back yet GEJ is the only guilty party, tells you all you need to know about Nagoma.

Yar Adua is not there to solve the problem of the criminal and terrorist uprising of BH. We have been informed that GEJ is now the President and that is why we are asking him to come to our aid ( actually do his work) by containing these criminals using the vast resouces ( security network, media, advisors, money, wisdom, knowledge etc ) at his disposal. I didn't say that he started BH, but what i said isthat , he refused or failed to contain the problem. This ( security) is the least I can request from my president. Crayola is an American ( he has the green card and can work in American fast food joints) I suggest you look at your President's ( Obama) statement more closely and advise him appropriately if he is wrong.
Re: Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government by Solozzo(m): 7:13am On Jul 12, 2012
I am amazed at how some Nairalanders have displayed ignorance. Look at where terrorism, civil unrest are breeding today and you find that they are mainly in countries where there are no jobs, a lot of suffering, low level of education. If Islamism is the main cause of boko haram why are there no terrorism Saudi Arabia , Dubai or Qatar This is a wake up call for our govt to call for national unity and start working for the people. This civil unrest would continue. BH is only one of them. In fact it all started with the Niger delta, Massob, and there is another group brewing in iboland already. These groups are merely venting their frustration in being in a country that is corrupt , inefficient and negligent.
Re: Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government by owobokiri(m): 8:24am On Jul 12, 2012
omo_to_dun: @shymmex

Truth be told, only a rich nation can afford to feed its people. Nigeria is nothing but an unfortunate kakistocracy; even worse, the citizens of Nigerians are no better than the incompetent fools in government, for when the citizens who are daily clamoring and advocating for a better government find themselves in the corridors of power, they become that which they have always vilified and execrated.

I read somewhere on this site a couple of days ago that there are two types of Nigerians:

1) Those who are stealing and,
2) those waiting for the opportunity to commence stealing

That simple? You need to get a grip! Frustration is over flowing. If i havent met a Nigerian before, reading what you have up there, my impression would be that this is a country of over 100 million robbers. That is a 'fat' lie. We dont have robbery DNAed in our system. We just have the misfortune of dealing with a very flawed political system. Because the system is flawed, it allows only flawed characters near power.

Jonathan wasnt even the best governor during his time. But it was the lameduck that got the presidency! Why? The corrupt characters that were in charge knew very well that they needed the services of a fellow corrupt character to protect them when they are gone, so they recruited one. We have his type everywhere in this country and in ALL countries of the world. Difference is that in other climes, the system ensures that his type wont get near power.

There are millions of well mannered Nigerians willing to serve the country honestly. I have met some in government offices doing their jobs without seeking bribes. But how can they get to the top where they can be influential and be seen if the system post 1966 was constructed to allow crooked minds only?

Lots of decent characters dont even vote in this country not to talk of standing for elections because they dont want to see their good names soiled. In essence, its only when you have a major political shake-up in this country and you ar able to create a system that rewards merit that you start to see decent citizens coming up to sacrifice for the state! Their inaction at the moment doesnt mean that the country is bereft of such quality.

@thread

while lots of Nigerians are worried that foriegn agents maybe involved, Jona is busy inviting the FBIs, CIAs and M15s after every attack. Nigerias presidency need to up their game. This is far too complex than we think. Your supposed best friend might be a Brutus.
Re: Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government by mathskill: 9:01am On Jul 12, 2012
The truth is always bitter.Obama's words are not laced with sentiments,emotion,hatred,stereotyping nor prejudice like you southerner's.He is speaking obviously after briefing from state department officials especially from their embassy in Nigeria,under secretary of state for Africa and most likely the CIA.So he is objective and straight to the point.Definatly you southerners wont like what he said cos it goes contrary to your myopic mind setting which is shaped by the southern press.Moreover what he said was exactly what former American president Clinton said and you can't claim they are BH sympathizers in whatever way you wish given the fact they are infact christians.So take the bitter truth and if you cant handle it go hug transformer.
Re: Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government by fesse(f): 9:26am On Jul 12, 2012
Detongue: Was it poverty and frustation dat led to 9/11. Obama pls get ur facts right b4 commenting

My exact question. Am suspecting America of being behind this Boko madness.
Who are responsible for the Northerners frustration?
Re: Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government by tribalism(m): 10:20am On Jul 12, 2012
@Rossikk
blame blame blame. loosers syndrome.
@Akika
you are now obama's agent.
in any case, obama may be correct but certainly not referring to GEJ.
Re: Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government by Mrchippychappy(m): 10:35am On Jul 12, 2012
If that's the case then the youth down south should also become tyrants : raid the CBN mint , Vandalize oil pipelines , destroy embassies , kidnap europeans and americans AFTER ALL the southerners are frustrated and are under poor governance too.
Re: Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government by tribalism(m): 10:49am On Jul 12, 2012
@mathskil
mark today, one day the obama's assertion and your post will combine to come against you.
am sure obama will not lay bare his innermost thoughts. he's got maradonic skills upstairs.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Another one from IPOB Bureau Of Statistics, Lies and Delusion / Nnamdi Kanu's Surety, Enyinnaya Abaribe Appears Before Abuja High Court / Atiku Overrules Aide, To Attend Presidential Debate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.