Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,170 members, 7,821,971 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government (23149 Views)

Deadly Bombings Reported In Nigerian City Where Boko Haram Was Founded- NY Times / Cameroonian Army Claims Boko Haram Leader, Abubakar Shekau Has Been Killed (pix) / Boko-Haram Was Planning To Declare Their Own Country - Tukur (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government by princeada: 11:02am On Jul 12, 2012
Now her come fishing of the sponsors.

CAN President finally invited .From the horses mouth

IBB,ATIKU,CHIROMA prepare your days are numbered.
Re: Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government by mathskill: 11:15am On Jul 12, 2012
Mr.chippychappy:
If that's the case then the youth down south should also become tyrants : raid the CBN mint , Vandalize oil pipelines , destroy embassies , kidnap europeans and americans AFTER ALL the southerners are frustrated and are under poor governance too.
As if they've not been doing it.
Re: Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government by member479760: 12:11pm On Jul 12, 2012
na them ruled this country more than 30 yias after the rejection of whiteman rule without things to show for their own people.
Re: Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government by maclatunji: 12:16pm On Jul 12, 2012
israel ben-zion:
Highest display of ignorance about Nigeria's affairs!

Jihad is their ultimate goal, 2015 d short-term trophy.

Define Jihad?
Re: Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government by Mrchippychappy(m): 12:45pm On Jul 12, 2012
mathskill: As if they've not been doing it.

Well then we would have to do it BIGGER
Re: Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government by mathskill: 1:08pm On Jul 12, 2012
Mr.chippychappy:

Well then we would have to do it BIGGER
ur cup of tea
Re: Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government by Kobojunkie: 1:28pm On Jul 12, 2012
Akiika: You all can make all the noise you like, but President Obama made his assessment based on facts, not on some stupid religious or ethnic sentiments you guys use day in day out. Seriously, it's a shame that bling bling pastor Oritsajafor will be making stupid unguarded statements like that. Let your dumb clueless president deal with the "so-called terrorism", the terrorism that only started when a weak southerner became president. So you expect US to deploy troop in the North? no way!...If people have jobs, they will not be lured with money by politicians to wreck havoc on defenseless people.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government by rayopt(m): 2:36pm On Jul 12, 2012
it is time nigerians separate themselves from this stricken frustrations...
just checked this interesting piece. go to http://hypemarket..com/ to view this and subscribe for this book.
it contains 500 business you can do in nigeria
Re: Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government by JikanHauwa: 3:44pm On Jul 12, 2012
uneeking: My Dear Brothers and Sisters, here is some food for thought. I accidentally stumbled on this information only today. If this is true, Nigeria is definitely in grave danger. All those calling for GEJ's head may be falling into a long planned trap. Please read the information here carefully:http://newsrescue.com/boko-haram-a-cia-covert-operation-americas-destabilization-plots-against-nigeria-greenwhite-coalition/#ixzz1yUDFebna. May the Almighty God save Nigeria from its friendly enemies in Jesus name, Amen
Has any of you bothered 2 read the link dis gentleman posted? Pls do with a critical mind refute it,if you think it's worth refuting. Ad hominem against him the poster is no answer 2 d point raised in d article.
Re: Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government by mpumalanga: 3:48pm On Jul 12, 2012
Beaf: 85% of Nigeria's indigenious oil blocks are illegally owned by core-Northerners numbering less than a 100. These men make more than twice as much money per annum than the entire Niger Delta [/b]put together.

The oil wells owned by the late Mai Deribe from [b]Bornu
, make billions EVERY DAMN DAY. The man even has gold plated walls in his house.
What state is the capital of boko haram again?

Where were the elites in south south like David west,Ogbumedia,Clark and others
when the northerners were sharing those wells?some like David west are very vocal
today criticizing the president which makes me to think that their strength and wisdom
can only be used to fight in-groups but they can give out and loose out everything they have to out-groups.

The core north will always demand more and it will be given to them because the know the language
Nigerians understands and it is not their fault.
Re: Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government by Nebeuwa(m): 4:02pm On Jul 12, 2012
Why was this statement attributed to President Obama? Just because it was from someone from his administration does not mean he believes this assessment. However, this might be the information that he gets from the U.S. Assistant Secretary for the Bureau of African Affairs.

I can say that the United States (in particular Democrats) do not want to see any conflict in Nigeria before the elections. A conflict in Nigeria would cause the rise of global oil prices and Americans do not like to see high oil prices.
Re: Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government by Bella3(f): 10:47pm On Jul 12, 2012
Long live Nigeria!
Where bokoharam terrorizes us everyday and we sit shining teeth and expect Goodluck to go and invent nuclear weapons! ;DLong live Nigeria!
Where bokoharam terrorizes us everyday and we sit shining teeth expect Goodluck to go and invent nuclear weapons!
Long live Nigeria
Re: Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government by ayolack(m): 11:00pm On Jul 12, 2012
keifer sutherland a.k.a jack bauer we currently needs you in Nigeria our country in order to assist us in this scenario of Boko Haram in Northern part of our country, Nigeria. Please USA released that he may assist us , we are all brothers in the lord.
Re: Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government by Crayola1: 6:32pm On Jul 13, 2012
nagoma:

Yar Adua is not there to solve the problem of the criminal and terrorist uprising of BH. We have been informed that GEJ is now the President and that is why we are asking him to come to our aid ( actually do his work) by containing these criminals using the vast resouces ( security network, media, advisors, money, wisdom, knowledge etc ) at his disposal. I didn't say that he started BH, but what i said isthat , he refused or failed to contain the problem. This ( security) is the least I can request from my president. Crayola is an American ( he has the green card and can work in American fast food joints) I suggest you look at your President's ( Obama) statement more closely and advise him appropriately if he is wrong.

How very childish of you, answer phsyics's question? Is the North the only people in poverty or neglected by the Nigerian government?
Re: Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government by twkalio(m): 4:58pm On Jul 16, 2012
I strongly believe that boko haram is politically motivated and not stemmed from poverty&bad governance. I could be wrong, but its plain for all to see that these bh attacks became frequent after the emergence of gej as head of state. I dont disagree entirely with mr obama, but i humbly ask mr president to get better intel on the organisation-philosohy e.t.c
Re: Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government by twkalio(m): 5:03pm On Jul 16, 2012
ayolack: keifer sutherland a.k.a jack bauer we currently needs you in Nigeria our country in order to assist us in this scenario of Boko Haram in Northern part of our country, Nigeria. Please USA released that he may assist us , we are all brothers in the lord.
Ode, u no go school ni?
Re: Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government by roselynbas(f): 4:25pm On Aug 28, 2012
'Beware the leader who bangs the drums of war in order to whip the citizenry into a patriotic fervor, for patriotism is indeed a double-edged sword. It both emboldens the blood, just as it narrows the mind. And when the drums of war have reached a fever pitch and the blood boils with hate and the mind has closed, the leader will have no need in seizing the rights of the citizenry. Rather, the citizenry, infused with fear and blinded by patriotism, will offer up all of their rights unto the leader and gladly so. How do I know? For this is what I have done. And I am Caesar." (Julius Caesar).

Does this not depict what is happening in Nigeria?
Re: Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government by roselynbas(f): 4:25pm On Aug 28, 2012
roselynbas: 'Beware the leader who bangs the drums of war in order to whip the citizenry into a patriotic fervor, for patriotism is indeed a double-edged sword. It both emboldens the blood, just as it narrows the mind. And when the drums of war have reached a fever pitch and the blood boils with hate and the mind has closed, the leader will have no need in seizing the rights of the citizenry. Rather, the citizenry, infused with fear and blinded by patriotism, will offer up all of their rights unto the leader and gladly so. How do I know? For this is what I have done. And I am Caesar." (Julius Caesar).

Does this not depict what is happening in Nigeria?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Otedola In Trouble With Love Child’s Mum / Saraki Hired Uboh, Convicted Credit Card Fraudster, To Smear EFCC-SaharaReporter / Inuwa Bwala Resigns As Sheriff’s Spokesperson Over PDP Crisis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.