Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,527 members, 7,826,980 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:10 AM

The burning cold - Literature (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The burning cold (47273 Views)

Story:lost In A Cold World(an Emotional Story) / Jos, December And Cold. / UNYIME-IVY KING – “burning Hurt” Akwa Ibom’s Bestfemale Literary Fiction Writer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The burning cold by Mynd44: 10:32pm On Nov 30, 2012
brokoto: hmmm, Mynd has an . . . Complex? Ok o.
Oya reason am like this: since you always see my replies almost immediately you update dont you think it means that i'm following this your story religiously? I dont usually have a problem saying nice things but i just thought that its not your style, i reckoned you were the type that likes reverse psychology and sarcasm. Good story you've got here. . .
Hey not that I want y'all to go all praising and all but...... I get worried na. I am still human

I update as I type and I type with my phone so you get what I mean
Re: The burning cold by Mynd44: 10:35pm On Nov 30, 2012
Okay I am off that phase now. Don't like and don't praise.
Re: The burning cold by Nobody: 10:46pm On Nov 30, 2012
Mynd_44: Okay I am off that phase now. Don't like and don't praise.

lol. Dont worry i'm your biggest fan. So far as you de type i go de jack am. No worry yaself
Re: The burning cold by ijebabe: 6:51am On Dec 01, 2012
Waiting for the next update cheesy
You're doing a good job please carry on.
I tend to do my review with you privately, my bad smiley
Re: The burning cold by Mynd44: 7:42am On Dec 01, 2012
ijebabe: Waiting for the next update cheesy
You're doing a good job please carry on.
I tend to do my review with you privately, my bad smiley
Yeah meet me in the bedroom babe
Re: The burning cold by dubem3(m): 9:01am On Dec 01, 2012
*sniffing*
I de suspect something ooh
Somebody leave our Nobel laureate in anticipation alone ooh
Re: The burning cold by Mynd44: 9:35am On Dec 01, 2012
dubem3: *sniffing*
I de suspect something ooh
Somebody leave our Nobel laureate in anticipation alone ooh
Close your eyes
Re: The burning cold by dubem3(m): 7:37pm On Dec 01, 2012
Mynd_44:
Close your eyes
SMH
Re: The burning cold by Mynd44: 7:39pm On Dec 01, 2012
dubem3:
SMH
I hope it falls off
Re: The burning cold by IZUKWU(m): 11:03am On Dec 02, 2012
Mynd, wetin be your own sef, nothing to read. Upload now!
Re: The burning cold by Mynd44: 11:07am On Dec 02, 2012
IZUKWU: Mynd, wetin be your own sef, nothing to read. Upload now!
Today.
Re: The burning cold by IZUKWU(m): 11:16am On Dec 02, 2012
Mynd_44:
Today.
am waiting . But you know you are good,we must not always that, following the thread religiously should infer that.
Re: The burning cold by Mynd44: 12:57pm On Dec 02, 2012
IZUKWU: am waiting . But you know you are good,we must not always that, following the thread religiously should infer that.
I have heard. Lemme sleep first but my the end of today, there will be an update.
Re: The burning cold by ijebabe: 1:16pm On Dec 02, 2012
Ur doing very well babe. I know its not easy and there are others un this section and others who don't update their threads as often as you do.
Keep it up smiley
Re: The burning cold by dubem3(m): 2:38pm On Dec 02, 2012
*Picking my teeth*
*twisting my legs using the azonto format*
smiley
Re: The burning cold by Mynd44: 2:49pm On Dec 02, 2012
dubem3: *Picking my teeth*
*twisting my legs using the azonto format*
smiley
slaps him
Re: The burning cold by dubem3(m): 2:50pm On Dec 02, 2012
Mynd_44:
slaps him
Breaks both his legs at the knees
Re: The burning cold by Mynd44: 3:16pm On Dec 02, 2012
dubem3:
Breaks both his legs at the knees
You want make I use you do the sixth person?
Re: The burning cold by dubem3(m): 4:58pm On Dec 02, 2012
Mynd_44:

Re: The burning cold by dubem3(m): 4:58pm On Dec 02, 2012
Mynd_44:

sixth person for wetin?
Re: The burning cold by Mynd44: 6:14pm On Dec 02, 2012
dubem3:

sixth person for wetin?
Just watch me na
Re: The burning cold by dubem3(m): 6:54pm On Dec 02, 2012
Mynd_44:
Just watch me na

Bear in mind that 'I NEVER SCARE'
Re: The burning cold by Mynd44: 6:57pm On Dec 02, 2012
dubem3:

Bear in mind that 'I NEVER SCARE'
okay oo
Re: The burning cold by Mynd44: 5:30pm On Dec 04, 2012
"six souls?" I asked without thinking about the implications. Okay collect the soul then.

He just stood there under the moonlight looking. The pendant on his chest glowing and attracting me in a repulsive way. All of a sudden, they clearing was charged with energy. I turned to see mum and her friends also standing and watching the guy.

"well, there is a sixth soul to reap here and I must deliever that soul before I leave" And he said it without flinching. Not an ounce of emotion. In fact, I might as well say he was enjoying himself.

I heard mum's voice call me in my head

"come son"

And I felt myself pulled to her side not by a hand but I just drifted to her side. The look on her friends and her's was not fear, not anger, they were just waiting. Watching what will happen.

"What's happening mum?"I whispered.

The reaper heard and move away from where he stood.

"you have not learnt the act of talking without anyone else hearing have you? I can see you mother is keeping things from you"

I felt mum's hands on my shoulder.

She looked at me and said

"Don't worry. You see he and his master always have a list and he must collect the soul of whoever is on that list."

The reaper interupted

"Yes son. See if I am told to bring 4 souls, it has to be four. No more no less else there will be a tilt in the balance"

I was not more confused.

"so who is the sixth soul you want?" I asked

The prayer warrior answered.

"he is sworn to secrecy. He can't answer"

the reaper interrupted again

"You are right. Everyone has a time, date and venue to die but I can't tell but at this venue tonight, someone else dies"

With this, he bent down to pick up a log and I saw mum's had burst into flames as her cloth changed as started turning gray.

The reaper attempted to stand with the log in his hand and I saw him hurled against a tree by an invisible force with third member of mum's company floating towards him.

He was now fixed against a tree trunck and floating in mid hair as though someone nailed him there. He was hanging there unable to move and he was struggling. Swearing and cursing.

I heard him release a ripling curse but the energy barely left his tongue as the witch went towards him.

She spoke in words which drove energy in every direction and made the little grasses on the floor burn at their tips

"Listen to me O servant of the Grim, there is no soul here for you and you will go back to your master"

He stopped struggling with the force holding him to the tree and answered.

"what are you going to do witch?"

At this point, My mum called her name out loud

"Calm down sister. No need to for this. He is merely a messenger. It will be unwise to attack him like this"

"But he clearly threatened us with death" she replied.

Mum answered; "He did not, he only said what he has been sent and we know that he is not going to tell us who it is but for him to be here, the time for that soul to go is near. Let him down and lets see what happens"

Suddenly, he fell from his position and just as he was about to hit the ground, his fall was broken and the he was left to fall.

He got up and straightened his cloth. He looked up at mum and then his gaze passed to me and he said

"your mother is both wise, powerful and beautiful"

The prayer warrior answered

"watch your mouth reaper or else it will be your soul that will need reaping"

He walked and stood some meters from the prayer warrior and answered

"Reapers can't reap themselves. Someone else will reap me".

He looked towards me and said

"it might even be you lil man"

Now my mum spoke but this time with her mouth and it was loud and clear.

"Sisters, we came to save my son and we have done that. Now lets go and leave him to his reaping"

he let out a little smile and was not even concerned.

Mum turned to leave grabbed my hand and her sister's followed. We had barely made it to the end of the clearing when I felt a sudden burst of energy come from behind me.

Before I could turn, mum had already spoke a curse that made a shield suddenly appear around us.

I turned and saw the reaper holding a long whip. It was not made of hide but it glowed. He was in the process of swinging the whip when I turned as though he wanted to flog someone with it.

He released the whip and I saw it fly in the sky but not towards us. I went towards a hidden corned and it hooked onto something I did not notice before.

The Cat. With the whip around it's neck it let out a sound and then changed into an human being.

"please don't kill me" was the first and only thing I heard come from the mouth as the reaper pulled the whip and the head came off.

Immediately the head was off, the pendant gave one last glow and just turned off as the reaper called

"Six!!"
The whip fizzled out into the air, he looked at me and said

"My work here is done. See you soon boy"

And with that, he vanished into air........
Re: The burning cold by prettiest1(f): 6:02pm On Dec 04, 2012
I've been following this thread this while without commenting,
I must say, u're doing so well. But more update needed.
Re: The burning cold by Mynd44: 6:04pm On Dec 04, 2012
prettiest1: I've been following this thread this while without commenting,
I must say, u're doing so well. But more update needed.
How pretty are you?

**wink**
Re: The burning cold by ijebabe: 7:25pm On Dec 04, 2012
Nice. Don't delay too long smiley
Re: The burning cold by Nobody: 8:17pm On Dec 04, 2012
Hmmm. I knew it! The way that cat kept coming into the picture. Nice one there. . .wink
Re: The burning cold by IZUKWU(m): 8:55pm On Dec 04, 2012
Come on mynd, this is too small,it barely wet my appetite!
Re: The burning cold by Mynd44: 9:10pm On Dec 04, 2012
IZUKWU: Come on mynd, this is too small,it barely wet my appetite!
Too small? It is the same size as the rest
Re: The burning cold by dubem3(m): 7:59am On Dec 05, 2012
If this isn't the best series for the year, am wondering what the best would be like...abi na 'sky fall'?
Re: The burning cold by dubem3(m): 8:09am On Dec 05, 2012
Mynd well done oh jare!
I wonder what you are thinking.when.ur writing these stuff.

But this remindz me,we used to have that nairaland witch nah,abi? She should come and vet this write up oh lets know where we stand with this mind guy.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (22) (Reply)

Blind Love / Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story / Chimamanda Adichie And Her Husband Welcomed A Daughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.