Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:38 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 (308461 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (273) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by GboyegaD(m): 12:28am On Jul 21, 2012
[quote author=AnythinCanHapen][/quote]

I do not think he is scaring them rather, he is preparing their minds.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by GboyegaD(m): 12:33am On Jul 21, 2012
yankison:

Not possible to tarvel all the way from Nigeria and not have money in pocket . If can get to buy ticket then surely there will be money to cater urself abroad . Or coz there is no money now ppl dat already gotten their visas shud go return it or we shud stop pursuing dreams coz there is no money? .

No fight o , I salute ur advise but if u had yield to d same advise u shud not be there .lol bros I beg seems u using free internet .
No wahala.they will make it like u did . Likewise Me .

For those who don't have money . Try use ur c of O loan money from bank here before travelling . Long term o .

I laff at your comment. Ticket money na the smallest of money because e no reach pay one semester rent in most cases. I think his comment is just a challenge to help you prepare for the worst and not to scare you.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by GboyegaD(m): 12:42am On Jul 21, 2012
AnythinCanHapen:

Regarding the prison experience,u and your guys don enter there before? grin

And how would this help you?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by GboyegaD(m): 12:47am On Jul 21, 2012
Freddieyankee:

First of all ask yourself if Nigeria is a place to live... Nonsense no go get visa make u use ur life do better thing

Hey Freddie,
Are you refering to me or Afam who I was responding to?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kelly4top: 12:52am On Jul 21, 2012
PLEASE REPLY HI ALL, I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO BOOK APPOINTMENT FOR MY MOTHER WHO WANTS TO TRAVEL FOR VISIT TO USA BY AUGUST BUT ONLY DECEMBER DATES ARE AVAILABLE FOR ABUJA SO I BOOKED OCTOBER FOR LAGOS EMBASSY. PLEASE HOW DO I GET AN EARLIER DATE FOR HER COS AM SCARED OF CANCELLING THE OCTOBER DATE COS I MIGHT NOT GET BETTER DATE AGAIN. OR DO YOU ADVISE ME TO RISK CANCELLING IT? I OPTED IN FOR THE SYSTEM AUTOMATIC EARLIER DATE BUT OVER 1 WEEK NOW NO IMPROVEMENT.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 1:00am On Jul 21, 2012
kelly4top: PLEASE REPLY HI ALL, I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO BOOK APPOINTMENT FOR MY MOTHER WHO WANTS TO TRAVEL FOR VISIT TO USA BY AUGUST BUT ONLY DECEMBER DATES ARE AVAILABLE FOR ABUJA SO I BOOKED OCTOBER FOR LAGOS EMBASSY. PLEASE HOW DO I GET AN EARLIER DATE FOR HER COS AM SCARED OF CANCELLING THE OCTOBER DATE COS I MIGHT NOT GET BETTER DATE AGAIN. OR DO YOU ADVISE ME TO RISK CANCELLING IT? I OPTED IN FOR THE SYSTEM AUTOMATIC EARLIER DATE BUT OVER 1 WEEK NOW NO IMPROVEMENT.

Wait. . . It wud automatically pick a new date soon once its available, its not immediate
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by walex57(m): 2:35am On Jul 21, 2012
leadzeal:

U re right man.. I confirmed dat as well.. Wud b goin with qatar sha..
Abeg guy when will u be leaving with qatar...i made a reservation for turkish airline on the 11th to NY then from there i'll connect to CA
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 2:43am On Jul 21, 2012
dr_dolittle:

LMAO!!! grin grin grin Bros leave me alone oo!! Why are you making me laugh so much here? grin I guess you don't know Lord Imperiouxx so well. grin

grin grin You see me dey laugh in tongue too grin grin I want ask him how e fit help me apply for a degree in US nau. grin grin

GboyegaD:

Hey Freddie,
Are you refering to me or Afam who I was responding to?

grin grin The guy dey real funny no be small grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by WARYZ(m): 4:03am On Jul 21, 2012
yomi fola: Kazeem baba,itz ur guy on point. No 4 get me wen u get der ooo,well shaaa,as 4me i dey go 4 2ND TERM ode sure bajeeee
bro wassap,trust me,I go try all my best 2 keep u in mind,although things go dey choked oo,but I go dey theif my bro fone use hail u sometimes grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by ChitownBase: 4:19am On Jul 21, 2012
GboyegaD:

I laff at your comment. Ticket money na the smallest of money because e no reach pay one semester rent in most cases. I think his comment is just a challenge to help you prepare for the worst and not to scare you.

@ Gboyega you got it right bruh....as for yakinson you will face the reality when u come here...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Square65: 5:05am On Jul 21, 2012
Freddieyankee:

First of all ask yourself if Nigeria is a place to live... Nonsense no go get visa make u use ur life do better thing

GboyegaD dem don advise u say make u go get your visa oooo grin

Mr Fred, it's gd to take your time to understand the terrain of where you are
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 5:33am On Jul 21, 2012
Square65:

GboyegaD dem don advise u say make u go get your visa oooo grin

Mr Fred, it's gd to take your time to understand the terrain of where you are

He asked me to start asking him questions on how I can start schooling in US too nau and he has been on this thread since the beginning of second thread if not the first thread sef. grin grin Can't just stop laughing.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by emmanuelkim: 5:35am On Jul 21, 2012
HELLO HOUSE MY FRIEND WAS SUPPOSE TO BOOK FOR AUGUST BUT NO DATE WAS AVAILABLE, AFTER TRICKLE UP ANDCANCEL AND RE-SCHEDULE IT WENT TO OCTOBER, AND I WAS TOLD THAT, THAT IS THE LAST CHANCE FOR HER TO CANCEL IT, SO WE BOOOK OCTOBER, BUT WHEN I CALL MY SCHOOL IN US, I SPOKE TO THE INTERNATIONAL ADVISOR AND SHE TOLD ME THAT SPRING START IN JANUARY 2013 AND THAT OCTOBER IS TOO EARLY FOR HER,HOUSE WHAT WILL I DO, AND I CANNOT CANCEL THE APPOINTMENT TO RE-SCHEDULE ANOTHER DATE,

YET I BOOK ANOTHER IN OCTOBER IN ABUJA, BUT HEARING THIS I HAVE CANCEL IT AND WILL BE TAKING MY OTHER FRIEND TO JANUARY 2 2013
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 5:46am On Jul 21, 2012
kpolli:

Na u go find cure for AIDS?? grin grin grin

So if he now asks u, why undergraduate instead of Masters what would you say? cos since u stated that Biotech is part of Agric then u r entitled to apply for masters for biotech direct.

@emmanuelkim,

Answer this question, then we go from there.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 6:02am On Jul 21, 2012
@All GRE and TOEFL materials request,

It's all done. All those with gmail id won't get the material I called ''This is the sweetest'' which simulates the real test condition and questions. This is because I just got 4 MAILER-DAEMON failure notice. I'm still surprise about how smartmachine got this particular material sent to gmail ooo. I have been sending this whole bunch for long but never delivered to gmail before. Cheers!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by FindOut(m): 6:13am On Jul 21, 2012
imperiouxx: @All GRE and TOEFL materials request,

It's all done. All those with gmail id won't get the material I called ''This is the sweetest'' which simulates the real test condition and questions. This is because I just got 4 MAILER-DAEMON failure notice. I'm still surprise about how smartmachine got this particular material sent to gmail ooo. I have been sending this whole bunch for long but never delivered to gmail before. Cheers!

Oga Imperiouxx, abeg, TOEFL materials & GRE materials please (U've sent me ''cracking the new GRE'' some months ago tho)
aobalog@live.com
Thanks.

& I asked some questions earlier. Havnt gotten a reply yet. Will post them again.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by FindOut(m): 6:16am On Jul 21, 2012
Guys, please someone needs some
advice here. Intend applying for Spring
(January)2013.

-B.Sc. microbiology, CGPA 3.48/5.00.

-Already started online application
process for 2 schools (Uni of Cincinnati* Environmental Health: Industrial
Hygiene* & Kent state Uni *MPH*).
Should complete by next week &
submit. Supporting documents will be submitted later.

-Studying hard for GRE, making
progress, intend taking it b4 end of
August.

-Applied for transcript at uni, shld be ready in about 3-4 weeks. -Will contact schools today to see if i
can apply for Ph.D straight (+M.S.
Combined) *to increase chances of
getting funding*

Questions:

1) Considering the time for decisions,
Visa processing etc, is a January start
date still feasible/possible? *yeah i kno
its a bit risky*

2) Does anyone have any info aspa
these two schools especially as regards
graduate scholarships/GA, RA e.t.c.

2b) Is TOEFL really necessary

3) Any other info that could be of
benefit? Thanks everyone. Cheers.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by hariyoh: 7:04am On Jul 21, 2012
@imperiouxx, please forward the GRE and tofel materials to hariyoh@yahoo.com. And please let me have your YIM, I want to chat with. Thanks and remain blessed. Wishing you all round in your academics.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by emmanuelkim: 8:19am On Jul 21, 2012
imperiouxx:

@emmanuelkim,

kpolli:

Na u go find cure for AIDS?? grin grin grin

So if he now asks u, why undergraduate instead of Masters what would you say? cos since u stated that Biotech is part of Agric then u r entitled to apply for masters for biotech direct.

[color=#990000][/color]

IF HE ASK ME NOW WHY UNDERGRADUATE AND NOT MASTER, WHAT I WILL TELL HIM, IT IS SIMPLE, BIOTECHNOLOGY IS A COURSE WITH DIVERSE FIELD, OFF WHICH IT HAS IT APPLICATION IN AGRICULTURAL SCIENCE, GOING FOR UNDERGRADUATE IN BIOTECH WILL HELP ME TO KNOW MORE ABOUT THE CONCEPT AND IT PRACTICAL APPLICATION, NOT ONLY AGRICULTURE BUT BIOTECHNOLOGY AT LARGE

AND IF IT WARRANT 4 ME TO FIND THE CURE TO AID, THEN I WILL HAVE TO FIND IT, AFTER ALL OTHERS FIND SOLUTIONS THAT LEAD TO THE CURE OF ONE OR TWO DISEASES SO MINE WOULD BE AN EXCEPTION
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by phy: 8:26am On Jul 21, 2012
Find Out!:
Guys, please someone needs some
advice here. Intend applying for Spring
(January)2013.

August.

-Applied for transcript at uni, shld be ready in about 3-4 weeks. -Will contact schools today to see if i
getting funding*

Questions:

its a bit risky*

- January is very realistic provided you can meet up with your requirements timely.
- I don't know anything about the two schools, however, usnews ranking and the schools' websites could give you info that can guide your decision. For GA and RA stuff you may start checking the school websites and you can start making your inquiries from your dept ASAP. Note that GA and RA positions aren't automatic and your field is kind of competitive for such positions.
- TOEFL is not compulsory especially for graduate student. If they require it, write a strong letter to the requesting for a waiver, if they dont waive it, then you have to write it. For GRE, you may not have a choice on that.
- Do your research to find schools or programs that meet your need.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by FindOut(m): 8:36am On Jul 21, 2012
phy:

- January is very realistic provided you can meet up with your requirements timely.
- I don't know anything about the two schools, however, usnews ranking and the schools' websites could give you info that can guide your decision. For GA and RA stuff you may start checking the school websites and you can start making your inquiries from your dept ASAP. Note that GA and RA positions aren't automatic and your field is kind of competitive for such positions.
- TOEFL is not compulsory especially for graduate student. If they require it, write a strong letter to the requesting for a waiver, if they dont waive it, then you have to write it. For GRE, you may not have a choice on that.
- Do your research to find schools or programs that meet your need.

Thank you so much for your response. I shall act on ur advice accordingly.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by FindOut(m): 9:37am On Jul 21, 2012
@Imperiouxxx, thanks sooo much. I got the materials. Will send to my laptop (using a fone to browse)later & unzip them there. Tho some of the mails be like say na another language o.lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by freeR1: 10:25am On Jul 21, 2012

August.

getting funding*

Questions:

its a bit risky*

benefit? Thanks everyone. Cheers.[/quote]

If you are really interested in funding, I think you should target August (Fall). Schools financial year begin in August and this is when money for funding is budgeted for. Larger part of that money is used up at this period, which makes getting funds in spring and summer a bit difficult (not impossible)so due to your CGPA ie your are not that strong (blv me, your transcript is like d most important doc considered), I suggest you consider fall or try for spring, if you don't get funds, differ till Fall and re-apply for funds.
Answers to the other questions would be on the schools website, you would see stuff like toefl is waived for students from countries where english is there official language, so you can free toefl if that's the case. Before applying for GA, RA etc, check for Profs that share your research interest, mail them, tell them about your interest (some won't reply) but the koko is write your SOP and GA essay if required like you are directing it to them, much focus on your research area and what you have done to guarantee ur success in it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by freeR1: 10:44am On Jul 21, 2012
kpolli: Dear all,

I know this myt sound negative but am going to give this advice anyway. . .
All these "I just finished Uni, I wanna go do my masters next year in USA, how do I achieve this?" Makes it sound as if you are desperate to escape (sorry to say). . .
First do your nysc (during my interview I was asked if I had done this). . .

Secondly, gain some working experience b4 you go for your masters. . . It makes you employable when u get ur degree . . . Most employees look down on Masters holders with no work experience cos you can't be employed as a graduate trainee but fact is u still need to be trained. . . So don't rush out yet, don't be desperate. . .

Probably this myt be why some of u r rejected but u won't be told so. . .

Yes there are exceptions but most of u wud be rejected (sad truth)

I totally agree with the finish your NYSC suggestion but the other part, not really. It all depends on your plan and God's favor. If you are a top student, after your masters, Yankee Coys can employ you straight and apply for 5yrs work visa for you. If this happens the your experience would be better valued than the nigerian one. Some people without being top also get employed nd get der work visas after MSc. The koko is, have infos, you don't av to marry white babe to change status, there are a lot of visa categories we have no idea abt. So the plan is simple, go to school, finish, try to get a job and get your work visa (never say impossible)!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by FindOut(m): 10:54am On Jul 21, 2012
free R1:

August.

getting funding*

Questions:

its a bit risky*

If you are really interested in funding, I think you should target August (Fall). Schools financial year begin in August and this is when money for funding is budgeted for. Larger part of that money is used up at this period, which makes getting funds in spring and summer a bit difficult (not impossible)so due to your CGPA ie your are not that strong (blv me, your transcript is like d most important doc considered), I suggest you consider fall or try for spring, if you don't get funds, differ till Fall and re-apply for funds.
Answers to the other questions would be on the schools website, you would see stuff like toefl is waived for students from countries where english is there official language, so you can free toefl if that's the case. Before applying for GA, RA etc, check for Profs that share your research interest, mail them, tell them about your interest (some won't reply) but the koko is write your SOP and GA essay if required like you are directing it to them, much focus on your research area and what you have done to guarantee ur success in it.

hmm... Thank you so much. You are right, most schools grant funding (& even admission) only for Fall. I intend to still try though & like you said, if there's no funding & the fees are more than my folks can afford, then I'll defer till fall, apply to even more schools & hopefully, i'll get the best.

I'll be concluding NYSC in October, and though I have a flair for enterpreneurship, the Nigerian job market situation is VERY depressing. & man pikin dey grow older each day. So, that's why i've decided to still try for January & see what comes out of it.

Thanks again.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by lanrypaddy: 1:18pm On Jul 21, 2012
I wish †̥ use this opportunity †̥ thank frieddie Fø̲̣̣я̅ his call yesterday, Ʊ are such a 9ce buddy. Pls Ȋ̝̊̅§ there anybody in the house who will be going Fø̲̣̣я̅ his/ her interview at Lagos embassy early August? Please let's get together here first. Anybody in the ous dat has any information 4 M̶̲̥̅ƺ regarding the interview should please Pray Fø̲̣̣я̅ Ʊя̲̅ boi as I g̲̅ø̲̣̣̥ 4 M̶̲̥̅Ɣ interview early next month August.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by lanrypaddy: 1:31pm On Jul 21, 2012
Hello to you all,
Please friends kindly help me out because I have scheduled my US Visa interview at Lagos embassy here in Nigeria and I want to know my possibilities of getting Visa. My details is as follows:
I am a graduate of University of Ilorin here in Nigeria, I graduated with B.Sc. in Plant Biology second class upper and undergraduate percentage is 76.2%. I graduated in October 2010 and did NYSC till october 2011. Since then I have been applying to institutions(local and abroad) for my masters.I gained admission into Obafemi Awolowo University (M.Sc. Botany), University of East London (M.Sc. Bioscience)and another conditional offer in UK university. My Uncle who has been living in US for long told me to apply to CCSU which is in the country he lives about 45min drive from his house in Connecticut. I applied to the school and I was given admission in May 2012 and now I get CCSU Form I-20 with major in M.Sc. Biology/ General Bioscience. I did TOEFL and scored 78/120 but my school inform me that I do not need GRE for admission. My mother is my sponsor and she has sufficient funding in her bank account. On M̶̲̥̅Ɣ sevis online receipt, M̶̲̥̅Ɣ uncle's address Ȋ̝̊̅§ on it because he paid Fø̲̣̣я̅ M̶̲̥̅ƺ when I told him I couldn't pay the fee here in Nigeria. Hope the VO won't query M̶̲̥̅ƺ much on this and what can I say if asked?
Can anybody kindly tell me how my VI might look like and my possibilities of getting VISA despite low TOEFL score, no GRE, my Uncle living in US(though I have planned to deny knowing his whereabout in the US but I will just say I have Uncle over there if asked). What are the possible questions I might be ask by the VO and what should my response be like? What are the documents I should take along with me and how should I appear at the Lagos embassy on the day?
If I were ask that how many institution did I applied to? can I tell the VO about the local and UK institutions wont it have any bad effect as I applied to only CCSU in US and 2 in UK. please friends kindly help me out because my interview is fast approaching by early next month (August).
Expecting to hear from you soon. Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by obusco4lyfe(m): 2:35pm On Jul 21, 2012
@house i nid suggestions pls, my school requested i get a proof of medical emergency evacuation insurance coverage....hw do i go abt dt?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 2:40pm On Jul 21, 2012
Find Out!:
@Imperiouxxx, thanks sooo much. I got the materials. Will send to my laptop (using a fone to browse)later & unzip them there. Tho some of the mails be like say na another language o.lol

Another language ke? na only english and yoruba I fit talk o and I no fit write the yoruba well sef. It might be computer misrepresentation because it took long before it could be sent. Lemme know which ever don't open when ever you try to unzip them.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 2:46pm On Jul 21, 2012
obusco4lyfe: @house i nid suggestions pls, my school requested i get a proof of medical emergency evacuation insurance coverage....hw do i go abt dt?

Some school can be mean at times. This their policy tight small o. Wait till you get your visa then get the insurance done if you have secured their I-20.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 2:50pm On Jul 21, 2012
lanrypaddy: I wish †̥ use this opportunity †̥ thank frieddie Fø̲̣̣я̅ his call yesterday, Ʊ are such a 9ce buddy. Pls Ȋ̝̊̅§ there anybody in the house who will be going Fø̲̣̣я̅ his/ her interview at Lagos embassy early August? Please let's get together here first. Anybody in the ous dat has any information 4 M̶̲̥̅ƺ regarding the interview should please send Pray Fø̲̣̣я̅ Ʊя̲̅ boi as I g̲̅ø̲̣̣̥ 4 M̶̲̥̅Ɣ interview early next month August.

If you are waiting to be given info in your mailbox, you'll wait till eternity and at last you are scammed of your belongings. Why not read from the previous pages and get the info refine yourself.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by rowlandoo: 2:50pm On Jul 21, 2012
Do anyone one know the available dates now at abuja consulate?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (273)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Need Help With Direction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.