Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,457 members, 7,770,136 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 05:19 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 (307402 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (273) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 2:40pm On Jul 20, 2012
kpolli:

Again
Bros u don play with ur family for 2yrs, its time to leave

This is what I was about telling him before I slept off on computer and woke up in the middle of the night with my right hand stiff in one position for like 3 to 4 mins grin grin grin. Laugh too much here now o. Play with your people when you have being saying you wanna study in US and these people preventing you. Now wey dem say ok go let see what you wanna do, you say again PLAY with your family first before going and shift my study till next year. Think twice brother, US education is not for half boil o! You see me forget sleep while on computer, you go no say no be small boy matter.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by walex57(m): 2:42pm On Jul 20, 2012
Imperiouxxxxxx ooooooo....abeg na owo si mi nah...mo fe gbo voice e...and the link for the other stuff you never send am...abeg call me...i know you are reading this....omo this thread is now a part 3....na waa ooo...with this one this thread don dey become a serial thread ooo......
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 2:43pm On Jul 20, 2012
walex57: Imperiouxxxxxx ooooooo....abeg na owo si mi nah...mo fe gbo voice e...and the link for the other stuff you never send am...abeg call me...i know you are reading this....omo this thread is now a part 3....na waa ooo...with this one this thread don dey become a serial thread ooo......

ok. Just woke up now ni jo.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 2:50pm On Jul 20, 2012
@Mystiqme: So I have been on this thread since 2010 and I have been following up throughout my GRE and TOEFL process, through my application process and through my spring rejects but I finally had my interview last Friday and this is how it went down.
It was pretty short (about 3 mins) as I told God I wanted the previous day and out of my over 20 documents, only 2 were requested by the VO.
I was at the Lagos embassy and about 4 VOs were interviewing:the African-American on Counter 1,one white guy on 2,one elderly guy on 3, and one other guy on the last counter.
The guy on C2 refused all the women that came for visiting(Did he think they were pregnant undecided). Anyway my token number was 174 and when i saw 173 on C2, I don dey fear but I don dey prepare my mind for a difficult interview even though I was sure I would make it.Suddenly C1 flashed 174 and I walked up to him on jelly legs. It seemed I had forgotten everything I had rehearsed. Anyway....
The Interview
Me: Good morning
VO: Pass your documents, please.
Me: I passed them. He scrutinized them and at the same time was looking at my face. Maybe he dey look this small boi wey dey go do PhD. huh
VO: Did you take the GRE?
Me: Yes I took it (I passed him my scores).
VO: Do you have your transcript?
Me: Yes, I do. I pass am.
VO: Looked at my transcript and asked 'What is ecology?' I guess this question came up because I studied Botany and I am going for a PhD in Ecology.
Me: I don already dey blow answer afterall na my turf na, but he stopped me and asked:
VO: What is the difference between Botany and Ecology?
Me: Botany is basically the study of plants while Ecology is the study of plants in their environment..both biotic and abiotic. Short like that, I no sabi talk too much wink
VO: So what will this degree do for you?
Me: Well, I already work here as a ...... so it will enable me get promoted more rapidly in my place of work.
As I was answering the last question He was already tearing the green ticket.
VO: Alright, I am granting you your Visa, go and collect it on Wednesday at Ikeja.
Me: In a small voice..thank you. I was trying to hide a smile but I was not successful. grin
All the best guys, I will try to be available to answer any questions. Cheers!

I must say a big congrats to you, Mystiq wink. I just graduated from college recently, this month actually, and i plan to do my masters immediately in the same engineering next year in America. Would the fact that I dont have a job already or I dont have strong ties to my home country affect me during my interview process? Please what other evidence of home ties can I present? Would evidence of a plot of land serve as to that purpose please? Any suggestions?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 2:54pm On Jul 20, 2012
Please House, which US embassy has more rejects, Abuja or Lagos? Which one is more advisable to go to for a successful student visa interview process?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Freddieyankee(m): 3:20pm On Jul 20, 2012
imperiouxx:

I'm a newbie here and good to hear no money is parted giving your advice. To ask you my questions .....Yes sir! I will but dem plenty.

Bring it on bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Freddieyankee(m): 3:22pm On Jul 20, 2012
GboyegaD:

What kind of post should be opened please? Helpful threads shouldn't be opened but bashing and silly threads should right?

First of all ask yourself if Nigeria is a place to live... Nonsense no go get visa make u use ur life do better thing
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 3:28pm On Jul 20, 2012
Freddieyankee:

Bring it on bro

grin grin grin LWKDM ooo grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by ebyadieze: 3:42pm On Jul 20, 2012
bigfrancis21: @Mystiqme: So I have been on this thread since 2010 and I have been following up throughout my GRE and TOEFL process, through my application process and through my spring rejects but I finally had my interview last Friday and this is how it went down.
It was pretty short (about 3 mins) as I told God I wanted the previous day and out of my over 20 documents, only 2 were requested by the VO.
I was at the Lagos embassy and about 4 VOs were interviewing:the African-American on Counter 1,one white guy on 2,one elderly guy on 3, and one other guy on the last counter.
The guy on C2 refused all the women that came for visiting(Did he think they were pregnant undecided). Anyway my token number was 174 and when i saw 173 on C2, I don dey fear but I don dey prepare my mind for a difficult interview even though I was sure I would make it.Suddenly C1 flashed 174 and I walked up to him on jelly legs. It seemed I had forgotten everything I had rehearsed. Anyway....
The Interview
Me: Good morning
VO: Pass your documents, please.
Me: I passed them. He scrutinized them and at the same time was looking at my face. Maybe he dey look this small boi wey dey go do PhD. huh
VO: Did you take the GRE?
Me: Yes I took it (I passed him my scores).
VO: Do you have your transcript?
Me: Yes, I do. I pass am.
VO: Looked at my transcript and asked 'What is ecology?' I guess this question came up because I studied Botany and I am going for a PhD in Ecology.
Me: I don already dey blow answer afterall na my turf na, but he stopped me and asked:
VO: What is the difference between Botany and Ecology?
Me: Botany is basically the study of plants while Ecology is the study of plants in their environment..both biotic and abiotic. Short like that, I no sabi talk too much wink
VO: So what will this degree do for you?
Me: Well, I already work here as a ...... so it will enable me get promoted more rapidly in my place of work.
As I was answering the last question He was already tearing the green ticket.
VO: Alright, I am granting you your Visa, go and collect it on Wednesday at Ikeja.
Me: In a small voice..thank you. I was trying to hide a smile but I was not successful. grin
All the best guys, I will try to be available to answer any questions. Cheers!

Hello Misty,

When you say you passed the documents, what documents are you referring to? I suppose the following:
- International Passport
- DS-160
- SEVIS Payment Receipt
- MSV Payment Receipt
- Passport photographs
- I-20

Please let me know what other documents qualify for the documents to pass on to them when they ask for it.

Cheers.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 4:35pm On Jul 20, 2012
moroh: Guys, a wakanow agent just told me that EgyptAir would not carry students on one way flights o...so make una take caution ooo. lipsrsealed

How did they say it?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 4:39pm On Jul 20, 2012
BEAUTYBOX9JA: how do i send it to the consular general?email or postmail?I need an address pls and thx a lot

check the www.ustraveldocs.com/ng site
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 4:41pm On Jul 20, 2012
BEAUTYBOX9JA: tuition,book and exam costs 60k-65k,cant remember the exact amt.Ill get back to you as soon as i get the number and full addy.
Cheers

That cost ooo, Toefl is not that hard for u to need lessons naaa
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 4:42pm On Jul 20, 2012
bigfrancis21: Please House, which US embassy has more rejects, Abuja or Lagos? Which one is more advisable to go to for a successful student visa interview process?

Bros, we are not a statistics company, we can not tell
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 4:45pm On Jul 20, 2012
ebyadieze:

Hello Misty,

When you say you passed the documents, what documents are you referring to? I suppose the following:
- International Passport
- DS-160
- SEVIS Payment Receipt
- MSV Payment Receipt
- Passport photographs
- I-20

Please let me know what other documents qualify for the documents to pass on to them when they ask for it.

Cheers.

Yes those are the documents you pass to the VO at first
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 4:46pm On Jul 20, 2012
kpolli:

Bros, we are not a statistics company, we can not tell

I can tell him. Na both consulate reject well well. I don't know which one fit grant sef grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 4:51pm On Jul 20, 2012
Dear all,

I know this myt sound negative but am going to give this advice anyway. . .
All these "I just finished Uni, I wanna go do my masters next year in USA, how do I achieve this?" Makes it sound as if you are desperate to escape (sorry to say). . .
First do your nysc (during my interview I was asked if I had done this). . .

Secondly, gain some working experience b4 you go for your masters. . . It makes you employable when u get ur degree . . . Most employees look down on Masters holders with no work experience cos you can't be employed as a graduate trainee but fact is u still need to be trained. . . So don't rush out yet, don't be desperate. . .

Probably this myt be why some of u r rejected but u won't be told so. . .

Yes there are exceptions but most of u wud be rejected (sad truth)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Mystiqme: 4:52pm On Jul 20, 2012
kpolli:

How did they say it?
Live chat...
kpolli:

Please tell them oo. I even see some people organising people to write it for them. undecided
kpolli: Dear all,

I know this myt sound negative but am going to give this advice anyway. . .
All these "I just finished Uni, I wanna go do my masters next year in USA, how do I achieve this?" Makes it sound as if you are desperate to escape (sorry to say). . .
First do your nysc (during my interview I was asked if I had done this). . .

Secondly, gain some working experience b4 you go for your masters. . . It makes you employable when u get ur degree . . . Most employees look down on Masters holders with no work experience cos you can't be employed as a graduate trainee but fact is u still need to be trained. . . So don't rush out yet, don't be desperate. . .

Probably this myt be why some of u r rejected but u won't be told so. . .

Yes there are exceptions but most of u wud be rejected (sad truth)
Again well said.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jul 20, 2012
moroh: Guys, a wakanow agent just told me that EgyptAir would not carry students on one way flights o...so make una take caution ooo. lipsrsealed

U re right man.. I confirmed dat as well.. Wud b goin with qatar sha..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by drdolittle1: 6:25pm On Jul 20, 2012
Freddieyankee:

Bring it on bro

LMAO!!! grin grin grin Bros leave me alone oo!! Why are you making me laugh so much here? grin I guess you don't know Lord Imperiouxx so well. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by WARYZ(m): 6:54pm On Jul 20, 2012
Dotman01:
U want to defer ur admission 4 spring again? O boi dnt try it
OK THANKS BROS,I GO DEY PLAN HOW TO BUY MY TICKET NEXT WEEK,ANY IDEA WHERE I CAN GET THE CHEAPEST FLIGHT?AND I WILL LIKE TO TRAVEL WITH A NIRALANDER PLS WHO WANTS TO TRAVEL BY BEGINNING AUGUST,CUZ I DNT WANNA TRAVEL WITH MY DAD OO
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by WARYZ(m): 6:57pm On Jul 20, 2012
leadzeal:

U re right man.. I confirmed dat as well.. Wud b goin with qatar sha..
WHEN WILL YOU BE TRAVELLING AND HOW MUCH IS QATAR AIRLINE TICKET TO NEWYORK?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by WARYZ(m): 6:59pm On Jul 20, 2012
PLEASE EVERY1,I KEEP SEEING THE MESSAGE "YOU HAVE 1 NAIRALAND PM" PLEASE PPLE HOW DO I CHECK MY PM'S?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by drdolittle1: 7:35pm On Jul 20, 2012
WARYZ: PLEASE EVERY1,I KEEP SEEING THE MESSAGE "YOU HAVE 1 NAIRALAND PM" PLEASE PPLE HOW DO I CHECK MY PM'S?

Go to the email with which you registered your profile on nairaland. If you know the person to be a genuine nairalander, then respond.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jul 20, 2012
WARYZ: WHEN WILL YOU BE TRAVELLING AND HOW MUCH IS QATAR AIRLINE TICKET TO NEWYORK?

I will be leaving early second week august, won't like to give an exact date in dis place.. And just a moment I checked kayak.com, only 1 seat remaining sha. It's abt 1113.. Can't wait to get a very low price, can't take d risk.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 8:09pm On Jul 20, 2012
Please House, which US embassy has more rejects, Abuja or Lagos? Which one is more advisable to go to for a successful student visa interview process?
Also, does the fact that one had applied for the US visa lottery before and later went for the student visa interview mar one's chances of getting the visa? In other words will the visa lottery record reflect on their system once your name is keyed in during the student visa interview process?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by BEAUTYBOX9JA: 9:05pm On Jul 20, 2012
No thats the cost of his o cos he went for classes and all.I think for just registration for the test is way cheaper.Still working on getting the number and addy.Unfailingly tomorrow...
kpolli:

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by WARYZ(m): 9:55pm On Jul 20, 2012
dr_dolittle:

Go to the email with which you registered your profile on nairaland. If you know the person to be a genuine nairalander, then respond.
thanks bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by WARYZ(m): 9:57pm On Jul 20, 2012
leadzeal:

I will be leaving early second week august, won't like to give an exact date in dis place.. And just a moment I checked kayak.com, only 1 seat remaining sha. It's abt 1113.. Can't wait to get a very low price, can't take d risk.
ok cool bro,u too gbaski
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by WARYZ(m): 10:02pm On Jul 20, 2012
bigfrancis21: Please House, which US embassy has more rejects, Abuja or Lagos? Which one is more advisable to go to for a successful student visa interview process?
Also, does the fact that one had applied for the US visa lottery before and later went for the student visa interview mar one's chances of getting the visa? In other words will the visa lottery record reflect on their system once your name is keyed in during the student visa interview process?
it doesn't matter if u av done d visa lottery mur dan 30times,although they will know oo,but it matters less.and 2go to the embassy dat is close to your ouse. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by yomifola(m): 10:30pm On Jul 20, 2012
Kazeem baba,itz ur guy on point. No 4 get me wen u get der ooo,well shaaa,as 4me i dey go 4 2ND TERM ode sure bajeeee
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kelly4top: 11:48pm On Jul 20, 2012
HI ALL, I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO BOOK APPOINTMENT FOR MY MOTHER WHO WANTS TO TRAVEL FOR VISIT TO USA BY AUGUST BUT ONLY DECEMBER DATES ARE AVAILABLE FOR ABUJA SO I BOOKED OCTOBER FOR LAGOS EMBASSY. PLEASE HOW DO I GET AN EARLIER DATE FOR HER COS AM SCARED OF CANCELLING THE OCTOBER DATE COS I MIGHT NOT GET BETTER DATE AGAIN. OR DO YOU ADVISE ME TO RISK CANCELLING IT? I OPTED IN FOR THE SYSTEM AUTOMATIC EARLIER DATE BUT OVER 1 WEEK NOW NO IMPROVEMENT.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by GboyegaD(m): 12:23am On Jul 21, 2012
Chi-town Base:

i kno say didnt say dey shudnt come i just mean they have a good finacial background or source that dey can always fall back on, becos na so person tell me when i dey come but i kno understand until i reach Chi-Town na him i understand say without ur money in ur pocket mehn u are on ur own.......But Thank GOD Today My story Made History...but not everyone might be that lucky and blessed like me so its just a warning ahead of time....like the bible says he who as an ear let him hear.....

Abeg, encourage us with your story bro.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (273)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Need Help With Direction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.