Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,506 members, 7,770,268 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 08:21 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 (307407 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (273) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by yankison(m): 9:15am On Jul 20, 2012
emmanuelkim: am filling a new ds-160 form in Passport/Travel Document Type what should i put, is it others then i put F1 or i should put regular?

If u are not a diplomat and carrying Green Ecowas passport then you Have a regular passport.

Hope u ok
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by yankison(m): 9:24am On Jul 20, 2012
Chi-town Base:

i kno say didnt say dey shudnt come i just mean they have a good finacial background or source that dey can always fall back on, becos na so person tell me when i dey come but i kno understand until i reach Chi-Town na him i understand say without ur money in ur pocket mehn u are on ur own.......But Thank GOD Today My story Made History...but not everyone might be that lucky and blessed like me so its just a warning ahead of time....like the bible says he who as an ear let him hear.....

Not possible to tarvel all the way from Nigeria and not have money in pocket . If can get to buy ticket then surely there will be money to cater urself abroad . Or coz there is no money now ppl dat already gotten their visas shud go return it or we shud stop pursuing dreams coz there is no money? .

No fight o , I salute ur advise but if u had yield to d same advise u shud not be there .lol bros I beg seems u using free internet .
No wahala.they will make it like u did . Likewise Me .

For those who don't have money . Try use ur c of O loan money from bank here before travelling . Long term o .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 9:35am On Jul 20, 2012
WARYZ: Nairalanders,y do u thinks they don't give you your i20 immediately after u av been issued your visa?hope say I go collect am on collection day sha?

They would return it when giving u ur passport
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 9:37am On Jul 20, 2012
emmanuelkim: MR IMPERIOUXX, DR LITTLE AND WALEX PLEASE CAN I ASK MY ADMISSION OFFICER TO ADD TO MY I-20 THAT THE SCHOOL NEED ME AS URGENT?

PLEASE ALSO I HAVE EMAIL MY INTERNATIONAL ADMISSION OFFICER TO SEND ME ANOTHER I-20, SHE HAS NOT REPLY, AND THIRDLY IN MY LAST DS-160 FORM PLEASE I PUT NOT EMPLOYED B4 SHOULD I CHANGE THE STATUS TO SELF EMPLOYED OR EMPLOYED IN MY NEW DS-160, SINCE I AM WORKING WITH MY DAD IN HIS COMPANY OR SHOULD I JUST LEAVE IT LIKE THAT

THEN THE VO ASK ME WHY AM I GOING FOR UNDERGRADUATE AND SWITCHING FIELD ENTIRELY FROM AGRICULTURE EDUCATION TO BIOTECH, PLEASE I NEED ANSWER OOOOOOOO

VO :WHY ARE U GOING FOR UNDERGRADUATE AND SWITCHING FIELD ENTIRELY FROM AGRICULTURE EDUCATION TO BIOTECH

WHAT ABOUT THIS ANSWER:NIGERIA IS REVISITING AGRICULTURE AND WANT TO INVEST A HUGE RESOURCE ON IT, BIOTECH IS ANOTHER FIELD BUT IT HAS AN APPLICATION TO AGRICULTURE, THAT IS WHAT AM REALLY INTERESTED IN, I WANT TO HELP TO IMPROVE THE AGRICULTURAL SECTOR, STUDYING THIS COURSE WILL HELP NIGERIA IN TERM OF IMPROVING THE SEE AND LIVES OF OUR FARM ANIMAL TO PRODUCE GOOD YIELD AND ALSO FIGHT AGAINST RESISTANCE

PLEASE I THINK THIS IS WELL CONSTRUCTED?

PLEASE HELP TO IMPROVE IT FOR ME.

Na u go find cure for AIDS?? grin grin grin

So if he now asks u, why undergraduate instead of Masters what would you say? cos since u stated that Biotech is part of Agric then u r entitled to apply for masters for biotech direct.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 9:40am On Jul 20, 2012
WARYZ: answer 1-no am resuming on the 15th of august,bt am tryna defer my addmission 2 spring so I can av ample time 2 play with my family b4 leaving,pls nairalanders which lie can I lie 2 d skool on reasons y I wanna defer again 4 the FOURTH time,any Ideas please?
Answer-igbogbo model college na government secondary skool 4 ikorodu lagos state E.g kankon model college.
Well all d same thanks.

Again
Bros u don play with ur family for 2yrs, its time to leave
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kenniology(m): 9:50am On Jul 20, 2012
Pls,i just finishd from a school of nursing nd i av ma registerd nurse cert(rn)...i wud lik 2 go 4 ma degree n probably specializ in canada, pls wat process wil i follow? Mind u am a fresher i dont knw anyfin bout visa bla bla stuffs...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by yankison(m): 10:00am On Jul 20, 2012
[quote author=WARYZ]I got to the embassy around 9am,i sat 4 a lil while,and it was time 4 the 10am pple to go in.we were checkd as usual and we enterd the embassy,the man on counter 3 was denying everybody,while the man on counter 1 was issuing every1.i prayed to God to giv me dat man on counter 1,and so he did
this was how it went down
me;howdy
vo;am good and you?
me;cool sir
vo;(staired at is pc 4 over 50 seconds b4 throwing the 1st question)what are you going to do in the u.s
me;to study political science at opsu,and the reason y am studying political science is cuz politics in nigeria is creumbling and we need young bloods to make nigeria a better place in the nearest future
vo;ok good,how many schools did you apply to?
me;actually i wanted to apply to 2 skools,but i ended up applying to 7
vo;how did u end up attending 3 high skools,and y did u choose igbogbo model college
me;(i just divert the question)well igogbo is a government skool which is also a bording skool
vo;ok how did u get into igbogbo model cllge
me;i wrote some tests just like every other person and i passed them very well(na lie o,na runz i use enter the skool oo)
vo;so just anybody can get into the skool?(looking kinda suprised)
me;yes sir
vo;wat does ur dad do
me;my dad doesnt work anymur,he his very very old
vo;so how will he pay ur fees
me;i dont liv with my parents again,i av been living with my grandma 4 a long time now,nd she wiil be responsible 4 the tuition
vo;ur grandma(looking kinda disgusted)
me;yes sir,she has her company,but actually her husband which is my grandpa owned the company but he died and she took over the company.she has 39 houses.
vo;ok cool(started typing 4eva,and i was worried and begging God 4 him to let d man grant me)uhhmm ok go to lekki on tuesday 2 pick up you visa,nd dnt 4get u should travel less dan 30 days to ur resumption date.
me;thank you(as i 1 dey commot,hin just call me again like say hin make mistake giv me the

What year did you finish high skool , .

Congrats again
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by BEAUTYBOX9JA: 10:35am On Jul 20, 2012
My brother was recently denied a student F-1 visa to study aeronautical science at Embry Riddle Aeronautical university in the US.We contacted the school and they drafted a letter of appeal and sent to us but we asked them to send it directly to the embassy.Please is this a good move,how effective is this and the school wants to know to whom the letter should be addressed(and the email address).Please anybody with an answer should help asap.Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kelly4top: 10:44am On Jul 20, 2012
Please can I get an august date for Lagos or abuja appointment booking?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 10:48am On Jul 20, 2012
kenniology: Pls,i just finishd from a school of nursing nd i av ma registerd nurse cert(rn)...i wud lik 2 go 4 ma degree n probably specializ in canada, pls wat process wil i follow? Mind u am a fresher i dont knw anyfin bout visa bla bla stuffs...

Go to the Canada thread
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 10:50am On Jul 20, 2012
BEAUTYBOX9JA: My brother was recently denied a student F-1 visa to study aeronautical science at Embry Riddle Aeronautical university in the US.We contacted the school and they drafted a letter of appeal and sent to us but we asked them to send it directly to the embassy.Please is this a good move,how effective is this and the school wants to know to whom the letter should be addressed(and the email address).Please anybody with an answer should help asap.Thanks

US Consulate General
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by FindOut(m): 11:21am On Jul 20, 2012
kpolli:

US Consulate General

US Consular General you mean smiley

Guys, please someone needs some advice here.

Intend applying for Spring (January)2013.

-B.Sc. microbiology, CGPA 3.48/5.00.

-Already started online application process for 2 schools (Uni of Cincinnati* Environmental Health- Industrial Hygiene* & Kent state Uni *MPH*). Should complete by next week & submit. Supporting documents will be submitted later.

-Studying hard for GRE, making progress, intend taking it b4 end of August.

-Applied for transcript at uni, shld be ready in about 3-4 weeks.

-Will contact schools today to see if i can apply for Ph.D straight (+M.S. Combined) *to increase chances of getting funding*

Questions:

1) Considering the time for decisions, Visa processing etc, is a January start date still feasible/possible? *yeah i kno its a bit risky*

2) Does anyone have any info aspa these two schools especially as regards graduate scholarships/GA, RA e.t.c.

2b) Is TOEFL really necessary

3) Any other info that could be of benefit?

Thanks everyone. Cheers.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by yomifola(m): 11:22am On Jul 20, 2012
At beautybox, na US consulate ooo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by temi0601: 11:33am On Jul 20, 2012
Hello house, plz I was told that F1 student visa will pay some cash at the embassy before his /her interview. I don't know how true it is and if yes, how much are they collecting? Coz I will be going 4 my interview soon.
In addition, a freind of mine went for F1 student visa last two weeks and he was denied just because the white man ask him that why did you choose this school? And he was short of word. Pls what is the best answer to give coz I want to learn from this question.

I need your reply very fast. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by stuhporh: 11:33am On Jul 20, 2012
Mystiqme:
Imperiouxx's GRE materials sent.
Please i need same GRE MATERIALS... Please send to mwmartinpaul@gmail.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by stuhporh: 11:38am On Jul 20, 2012
Mystiqme:
Imperiouxx's GRE materials sent.
please send to me aswell teeyreal@yahoo.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 11:45am On Jul 20, 2012
temi0601: Hello house, plz I was told that F1 student visa will pay some cash at the embassy before his /her interview. I don't know how true it is and if yes, how much are they collecting? Coz I will be going 4 my interview soon.
In addition, a freind of mine went for F1 student visa last two weeks and he was denied just because the white man ask him that why did you choose this school? And he was short of word. Pls what is the best answer to give coz I want to learn from this question.

I need your reply very fast. Thanks

You don't pay anything. . . Your friend should have a reason for picking that school, their standard of education, affordability, environment, facilities, etc. . .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by stuhporh: 11:49am On Jul 20, 2012
hallengray:
me too pls. hallengray@yahoo.com
same here please, mwmartinpaul@gmail.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 11:54am On Jul 20, 2012
Guys, a wakanow agent just told me that EgyptAir would not carry students on one way flights o...so make una take caution ooo. lipsrsealed
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by stuhporh: 12:16pm On Jul 20, 2012
imperiouxx:

@machine,

Did the material I called ''the sweetest'' go or bounce?
please do me a material please... teeyreal@yahoo.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jul 20, 2012
GboyegaD:

What kind of post should be opened please? Helpful threads shouldn't be opened but bashing and silly threads should right?

Is it not okay for Afam again? His chance to be the president and steal as he likes.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by collyno200(m): 12:38pm On Jul 20, 2012
pls I really need information on how to register for GRE and TOEFL in Nigeria.I dont have anybody abroad that could help me with the registration.I have been studying and all is now set for me to register and write the test as soon as possible as I would need to apply for my masters november this year.Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by AnythinCanHapen: 12:51pm On Jul 20, 2012
seedord247: @Anythincanhapen. .

Your username should be my answer to you . . .

I will never tell anybody not to come, and if you check my comment very well, I'm giving advice based on

pple experience and mine. And regarding the prison stuff . . Only me and few other guys on here will know

what am talking about . .pls i nor scare pple oooooooo . ejooooooooo. Mi ole gba california dey calabar oo. grin

Regarding the prison experience,u and your guys don enter there before? grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by BEAUTYBOX9JA: 12:56pm On Jul 20, 2012
how do i send it to the consular general?email or postmail?I need an address pls and thx a lot
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by BEAUTYBOX9JA: 1:13pm On Jul 20, 2012
I know a place off salvation busstop at opebi.Its called Lights height or sometin like that,my brother registered and had toefl lessons there and he scored high...If you want i can get the address and phone number
collyno200: pls I really need information on how to register for GRE and TOEFL in Nigeria.I dont have anybody abroad that could help me with the registration.I have been studying and all is now set for me to register and write the test as soon as possible as I would need to apply for my masters november this year.Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by ebyadieze: 1:34pm On Jul 20, 2012
kpolli:

24 months is more feasible than 22 months. . . Ok put 36 months but when they ask you how long is ur program, hope u can defend ur ans

Ok Kpolli. Thanks, I will stick with your 24months.

Regards,
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by rowlandoo: 1:39pm On Jul 20, 2012
@wartxyz

When did you finish high school and did u fill any other school above high school on ur application . Seems *
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by collyno200(m): 1:59pm On Jul 20, 2012
BEAUTYBOX9JA: I know a place off salvation busstop at opebi.Its called Lights height or sometin like that,my brother registered and had toefl lessons there and he scored high...If you want i can get the address and phone number
sure i need it.please get the address n number.how much did your brother pay for his
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by BEAUTYBOX9JA: 2:11pm On Jul 20, 2012
tuition,book and exam costs 60k-65k,cant remember the exact amt.Ill get back to you as soon as i get the number and full addy.
Cheers
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Drpak: 2:16pm On Jul 20, 2012
imperiouxx:

I'm a newbie here and good to hear no money is parted giving your advice. To ask you my questions .....Yes sir! I will but dem plenty.
. @imperious , baba pls kindly send me d GRE and toefl materials. Akinbamikayode@yahoo.com. THANKS
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by walex57(m): 2:38pm On Jul 20, 2012
emmanuelkim: MR IMPERIOUXX, DR LITTLE AND WALEX PLEASE CAN I ASK MY ADMISSION OFFICER TO ADD TO MY I-20 THAT THE SCHOOL NEED ME AS URGENT?

PLEASE ALSO I HAVE EMAIL MY INTERNATIONAL ADMISSION OFFICER TO SEND ME ANOTHER I-20, SHE HAS NOT REPLY, AND THIRDLY IN MY LAST DS-160 FORM PLEASE I PUT NOT EMPLOYED B4 SHOULD I CHANGE THE STATUS TO SELF EMPLOYED OR EMPLOYED IN MY NEW DS-160, SINCE I AM WORKING WITH MY DAD IN HIS COMPANY OR SHOULD I JUST LEAVE IT LIKE THAT

THEN THE VO ASK ME WHY AM I GOING FOR UNDERGRADUATE AND SWITCHING FIELD ENTIRELY FROM AGRICULTURE EDUCATION TO BIOTECH, PLEASE I NEED ANSWER OOOOOOOO

VO :WHY ARE U GOING FOR UNDERGRADUATE AND SWITCHING FIELD ENTIRELY FROM AGRICULTURE EDUCATION TO BIOTECH

WHAT ABOUT THIS ANSWER:NIGERIA IS REVISITING AGRICULTURE AND WANT TO INVEST A HUGE RESOURCE ON IT, BIOTECH IS ANOTHER FIELD BUT IT HAS AN APPLICATION TO AGRICULTURE, THAT IS WHAT AM REALLY INTERESTED IN, I WANT TO HELP TO IMPROVE THE AGRICULTURAL SECTOR, STUDYING THIS COURSE WILL HELP NIGERIA IN TERM OF IMPROVING THE SEE AND LIVES OF OUR FARM ANIMAL TO PRODUCE GOOD YIELD AND ALSO FIGHT AGAINST RESISTANCE

PLEASE I THINK THIS IS WELL CONSTRUCTED?

PLEASE HELP TO IMPROVE IT FOR ME.

Well I don't know much about agric or biotech either...but i know the VO has no right to deny you based on what you wanna study...Just try as much as possible to show you have a genuine reason for choosing such course and the school....know more technical terms about biotech...firstly define biotech and use the definition to link it to why u wanna study biotech and it's prospects in Nigeria for you...all the best buddy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (273)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Need Help With Direction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.