Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,682 members, 7,854,888 topics. Date: Sunday, 09 June 2024 at 09:30 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 - Travel (265) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 (309595 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) ... (273) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 12:32pm On Mar 08, 2013
GboyegaD: Hello house, can someone please help me with the company that sends transcripts from Nigeria to Universities abroad?
Regards,

It's either ur school sends it to ur school abroad or they give it to u and u send as if it comes from ur school.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Karpurt: 1:49pm On Mar 08, 2013
I discovered that most U.s.a Universities and colleges accept
Enrolment deposit like $1000,$2000,$7000 from international
Students after the acceptance of such student and the form I-20
Will not be issue until deposit is paid. So please international
Students or anyone that knows anything about this admission stuff
let's hear from you and if possible list the universities and
Colleges in united state that doesn't accept enrolment deposit and
Issue the form I-20 to accepted students.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by mrswagger: 2:48pm On Mar 08, 2013
Karpurt: I discovered that most U.s.a Universities and colleges accept
Enrolment deposit like $1000,$2000,$7000 from international
Students after the acceptance of such student and the form I-20
Will not be issue until deposit is paid. So please international
Students or anyone that knows anything about this admission stuff
let's hear from you and if possible list the universities and
Colleges in united state that doesn't accept enrolment deposit and
Issue the form I-20 to accepted students.

No ooooo, @karpurt, do ur research very well. 70% of the schools in USA don't ask for deposit compared to UK Universities dt require a large sum of money to be deposited before Visa documents will be given to you.

What dey do in USA universities is dt they will give u ur admission letter and form i-20 after u hv showed proof of financing ur studies for 1year wth ur Bank statement.

Then after u hv gotten ur visa and traveled to USA, when u r doing ur registration in school, before u start classes u will then be required to pay 10% of ur tuition fee or even more.

Then the remaining tuition will be paid installmentally. Hope u undastand bro.... Cheers....

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Karpurt: 3:12pm On Mar 08, 2013
@mr swagger, I can understand your points but can you please do
me a favour by listing some of these universities you know won't
accept enrolment deposit. Thanks
But I'm female not male.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by olarwarlay(m): 4:31pm On Mar 08, 2013
i hail ooo....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 5:16pm On Mar 08, 2013
Karpurt: @mr swagger, I can understand your points but can you please do
But I'm female not male.

Which ones have demanded full enrollment deposits from you?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by mrswagger: 6:22pm On Mar 08, 2013
But I'm female not male.
ferdimako:

Which ones have demanded full enrollment deposits from you?

@frankurt oh sorry I thought u were a guy. My bad!! Lol!!!

check dis schools out;

Eastern Michigan university
Northern Michigan University
Southern arkansas University
Southeast missouri state university
Cameron university
East carolina university
Kentucky state university
Western illinois university
Northern illinois university
Texas state university
Northwest missouri state university
Louisiana state university.

But please make sure u get their email from their website and mail dem. Because some schools change their policy for tuition deposit.

So make sure u confirm from dem first before u make conclusions and start applying to the schools.. Cheers dear...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by mrswagger: 6:24pm On Mar 08, 2013
But I'm female not male.

@frankurt oh sorry I thought u were a guy. My bad!! Lol!!!

check dis schools out;

Eastern Michigan university
Northern Michigan University
Southern arkansas University
Southeast missouri state university
Cameron university
East carolina university
Kentucky state university
Western illinois university
Northern illinois university
Texas state university
Northwest missouri state university
Louisiana state university.

But please make sure u get their email from their website and mail dem. Because some schools change their policy for tuition deposit.

So make sure u confirm from dem first before u make conclusions and start applying to the schools.. Cheers dear...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by justwise(m): 6:53pm On Mar 08, 2013
Chevron Nigeria scholarship now on.

Its free to apply and end on March 29, 2013.

https://www.nairaland.com/1219400/chevron-nigeria-scholarship-application-now

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by eduno: 7:05pm On Mar 08, 2013
please what are the names of the gre test centers in lagos. i need it to fill my form.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by omoyankee3(m): 8:58pm On Mar 08, 2013
This is a good thread with tons of info for people seeking to study in the US. I know it can sometimes be an herculean task getting a US student visa, but with information like those on this thread and with persistence, you will surely get the visa.

And about paying for tuition, there are some schools that give you full scholarships and you don't have to pay a dime, but you still have to show proof of sponsorship.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by smithjanetstore: 9:29pm On Mar 08, 2013
@OjaP]

he has OND
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by smithjanetstore: 9:37pm On Mar 08, 2013
@Anthonymighty oshe oshe ori e wa nbe good idea washere i tought you said u be omo eko fulltime , EKO ONI GBAJE OO ATI ILE YORUBA LAPAPO
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by mrswagger: 11:27pm On Mar 08, 2013
omo-yankee:
This is a good thread with tons of info for people seeking to study in the US. I know it can sometimes be an herculean task getting a US student visa, but with information like those on this thread and with persistence, you will surely get the visa.

And about paying for tuition, there are some schools that give you full scholarships and you don't have to pay a dime, but you still have to show proof of sponsorship.

@Omo-yankee. Wht skul gives FULL scholarship... Is it undergraduate or masters.. Because most skuls in US give FULL scholarship to masters students only.. Pls shed more light as I intend going for undergraduate dis fall...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by eduno: 1:59am On Mar 09, 2013
urgent response needed: please what are the names of the gre test centers in lagos? i need it to fill my form.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by winbyforce: 4:51am On Mar 09, 2013
edun.o:
urgent response needed: please what are the names of the gre test centers in lagos? i need it to fill my form.
FIRST LOGIC,Oba Akran Ikeja.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 5:36am On Mar 09, 2013
edun.o:
please what are the names of the gre test centers in lagos. i need it to fill my form.
Its in the GRE information bulletin nau. Download it from the ETS website. There you'll see all the countries, states and places where the GRE is written.

@Ferdimako:
Yes I have my official GRE hardcopy result with me now.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 5:54am On Mar 09, 2013
ferdimako:

No Ibo?
There are so many Igbo people living in the US more than other tribes. I guess finding a qualified Igbo teacher in the US wasn't a problem at all for them.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 5:56am On Mar 09, 2013
Adroitbabz:

Will appreciate the TOEFL materials too (adroitbabs@yahoo.com). Thank you sir!
Sent.
ardewharle: Pls i need help with d latest toefl materials..my email: mail.adewale@)yahoo.com any help will be appriciated
Sent.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 5:59am On Mar 09, 2013
richiebaba: @bigfrancis21 Pls can u help me forward d cracking the GRE 2013 to richieontyme@yahoo.com
Sent.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 6:10am On Mar 09, 2013
nifty: @bigfrancis can you pls send me the gre materials to niftyguy4u@yahoo.co.uk
Sent.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Dot1(m): 7:08am On Mar 09, 2013
Hello peeps. Pls i sat 4 GRE test in december & uptil nw av nt been sent d hardcopy of my result. Pls, hw long does it take dem 2 send hardcopy or wud i av 2 request mysef? Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by eduno: 8:13am On Mar 09, 2013
Its just the state and state code I saw in the bulletin oo. Ill check again sha

bigfrancis21:
Its in the GRE information bulletin nau. Download it from the ETS website. There you'll see all the countries, states and places where the GRE is written.

@Ferdimako:
Yes I have my official GRE hardcopy result with me now.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 8:38am On Mar 09, 2013
bigfrancis21:
There are so many Igbo people living in the US more than other tribes. I guess finding a qualified Igbo teacher in the US wasn't a problem at all for them.

Okay.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 11:00am On Mar 09, 2013
Dot1: Hello peeps. Pls i sat 4 GRE test in december & uptil nw av nt been sent d hardcopy of my result. Pls, hw long does it take dem 2 send hardcopy or wud i av 2 request mysef? Thanks
Is your address traceable? What type of address did you use?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 11:49am On Mar 09, 2013
bigfrancis21:
I used my house address which is at meiran. Since my test comes up 18th of march, can I call prometric to change my address?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Heryorh: 11:51am On Mar 09, 2013
bigfrancis21:
Done.
@bigfrancis can you pls send me the
gre materials to auz307@yahoo.com
Thankz a lot bross
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Dot1(m): 1:28pm On Mar 09, 2013
bigfrancis21:
I used my postal address
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bodeplot: 1:32pm On Mar 09, 2013
Bigfrancis21..please bro can u help me snd Barron GRE 2013 materials to amaraozigbu@yahoo.com..thanks in advance brod@
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Adroitbabz: 8:20pm On Mar 09, 2013
omo-yankee:

Sir could you please enlighten me on some of the schools that gives full or partial scholarships for masters program. Your response will be appreciated.....Thanks in anticipation!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Adroitbabz: 8:30pm On Mar 09, 2013
bigfrancis21:
Sent.

Sent.

Sir just checked my mail but did not find the TOEFL Materials, would appreciate it if you can resend it....
Adroitbabs@yahoo.com. Thank you!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by mytym(m): 9:16pm On Mar 09, 2013
ferdimako:

It's either ur school sends it to ur school abroad or they give it to u and u send as if it comes from ur school.

Also you can send it vial Global Credential Evaluators Inc. or Global Evaluation Service (www.gceus.com)
You can try fermadiko's idea, buh most schools in the US base their result on a scale of 4 i.e CGPA is 4.00 so u might need to convert/evaluate
your transcript.

(1) (2) (3) ... (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) ... (273)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Which Country In Africa Has The Most Beautiful Women?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.