Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,874 members, 7,828,114 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:18 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 - Travel (267) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 (308959 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) ... (273) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 6:07pm On Mar 10, 2013
elkharpone: lolzzz that question is kinda crazy oh

For real my brother, it isn't..... Those are words of regret and my feelings. cry

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by RedReact: 6:25pm On Mar 10, 2013
Yvete: First, we should not expect reward from helping anyone. If you belive that there's a God, blessings will come to you somehow.

Like Kpolli said, not everybody deserves help. I advised a guy on this thread to trash his I-20s and start all over, but he ignored me. I'm not mad because he WILL be back here disappointed grin grin

Self-absorbed mothafu.c.kas like that guy on the canada thread piss me off! When he got his visa, everyone was congratulating him, he never showed up again. Fastforward to 2013, he's stuck in the US and now he remembers the Canada thread complaining about the US. In sum, attitude says a lot about a person. I'm not surprised. They will always hit a roadblock in life anyways.

My sister, that is life o. Sometimes, people make decisions based on what they see others do. Why go to USA first or disturb others when you had never sat down and planned or envisioned about your reason for going there.
Honestly speaking, what the guy did is the secret behind the undoing of some million people out there; doing something because everybody is doing it.
Keep doing your good work and kindly encourage my brother imperiouxx o; he doesn't deserve this at all. I really feel bad about this issue because I put myself in his place all the time. I only read comments here and don't comment because I am not going to US schools nor applying for visa, but the advice given here always motivate me one way or the other.
May God bless you all.

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by OjaP: 6:27pm On Mar 10, 2013
I am a silent follower of the Canada thread and won't act as if I am ignorant of all that happened between Imperiouxx and the guy in question.

What I have learned:

- Many people just want to leave Nigeria by all means.

- Most people get US visa without even knowing what their short/long term goal is.

- Many people want to come to the USA because they hear life is good in the USA.

- Many people come here purposely because of the green card.

Like I have always been saying, there is more to you getting the 2 years Visa. What one's plan should be is getting a good job upon graduation which could possibly be a direct path to becoming a permanent resident. I honestly understand where "that guy" on the Canadian thread was coming from. We all have different plans and strategies. Who knows, maybe going to Canada will be the best for him later in life. With the way/manner he highlighted his points about the H1B and PR, he seems to know what he wants and going for it. I wouldn't blame him on that, life is all about choice.

His fault: I wasn't expecting him to tackle Imperiouxx the way he did. That shows that human beings atimes could be ungrateful...I am not surprised anyways. This dude forgot this thread ever since he got his Visa and his next post was on the Canadian thread asking how he could transfer to Canada...SmH. I will only tell Imperiouxx to ignore him and not let that bother him at all. Such is life jare.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 6:33pm On Mar 10, 2013
Thank you OjaP.... You always get it right.

I told Imperiouxx that its not everyone that applies for a student visa wants to be a student.
Just because a person came into the US on F1 visa does not mean that they are still International students (echo the Med. school situation that was discussed here). Anyone can do whatever they please. My issue with the guy is his attitude. Why did you come to the US without a plan? If you want a quick green card, you need to pay the price.

Networking with the right people open doors for professional development. Do not underestimate your classmate in Grad school because you just never know. If there's a jobless graduate on this thread, I'll keep my eyes open for that person. In my department, working professionals are advised to post available jobs in their companies for students to intern/interview with. Every week, we get messages with about 3-5 job postings for those that are unemployed. Keep an open mind.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by RedReact: 6:39pm On Mar 10, 2013
@ojaP, you have actually nailed the point.
But what actually gave him the assurance that he would get the that PR over there in Canada?
Just encourage my dear friend, imperiouxx, because the guy hurt my feelings yesternight. I was just imagining how it would go in imperiouxx's mind for seeing such comment.
So pathetic that human beings can do that to their fellow.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by OjaP: 7:05pm On Mar 10, 2013
Yvete and RedReact:

You guys are so on point. I strongly believe prospective applicants back home should by now know what life is here....it is definitely not as straight as a gun.

The road to getting a H-1B is rough, that of getting a green card is rougher. Need I say more?

May GOD help us all.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Anthonymighty(m): 7:09pm On Mar 10, 2013
Yvete: First, we should not expect reward from helping anyone. If you belive that there's a God, blessings will come to you somehow.

Like Kpolli said, not everybody deserves help. I advised a guy on this thread to trash his I-20s and start all over, but he ignored me. I'm not mad because he WILL be back here disappointed grin grin

Self-absorbed mothafu.c.kas like that guy on the canada thread piss me off! When he got his visa, everyone was congratulating him, he never showed up again. Fastforward to 2013, he's 'stuck' in the US and now he remembers the Canada thread complaining about the US. In sum, attitude says a lot about a person. I'm not surprised. They will always hit a roadblock in life anyways.

Most of the people that are active on this thread are still in Nigeria. Not asking questions, but helping out. Only one person sends out GRE materials when a bunch of people have it on their computers. It just crazy!

I knew you were hurt thats why I quoted you from December. You're very emotional, Imperiouxx smiley

i solidly concur...imperiouxx is emotional... grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Anthonymighty(m): 7:42pm On Mar 10, 2013
[quote author=OjaP]Yvete and RedReact:

You guys are so on point. I strongly believe prospective applicants back home should by now know what life is here....it is definitely not as straight as a gun.

The road to getting a H-1B is rough, that of getting a green card is rougher. Need I say more?

Yes Say More.... grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by webstradamus: 8:06pm On Mar 10, 2013
imperiouxx:

In fact, is it as big as going to court? To me, that's not necessary.

Hey webs, how are you doing? Call me when you get chance my brother.

Just chilling here bro ... spring break mode activated! Will beep you soon
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 8:50pm On Mar 10, 2013
imperiouxx: Quick questions please:

Why do we care to help some people on this thread when they are in need of help? Why can't everyone just overlook his/her colleague in trouble time? Is it everyone that deserves help?

These questions baffle me since yesterday morning.

Imperiouxx needs to learn from me... cool

Not everyone deserves it... Question answered
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by smithjanetstore: 9:15pm On Mar 10, 2013
@Anthonymight yoruba and igbo na the samething we gather ni ..(with God all things are possible the visa is yours already...tell that to your cousin) i gbadun this talk like mad GOD bless u one luv

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 9:24pm On Mar 10, 2013
Yvete: Thank you OjaP.... You always get it right.

I told Imperiouxx that its not everyone that applies for a student visa wants to be a student.
Just because a person came into the US on F1 visa does not mean that they are still International students (echo the Med. school situation that was discussed here). Anyone can do whatever they please. My issue with the guy is his attitude. Why did you come to the US without a plan? If you want a quick green card, you need to pay the price.

Networking with the right people open doors for professional development. Do not underestimate your classmate in Grad school because you just never know. If there's a jobless graduate on this thread, I'll keep my eyes open for that person. In my department, working professionals are advised to post available jobs in their companies for students to intern/interview with. Every week, we get messages with about 3-5 job postings for those that are unemployed. Keep an open mind.

Yvete it is time we had that talk... wink

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by olarwarlay(m): 10:10pm On Mar 10, 2013

Why do we care to help some people on this thread when they are in need of help? Why can't everyone just overlook his/her colleague in trouble time? Is it everyone that deserves help?

@imperiouxx - even though i haven't seen the Canada thread, I think i have an idea what could have transpired btw you guys 'coz of the little i have seen some pple do on this thread. All i'll say is "Just keep up the good work" because i believe there is a reward for everything.

The fact that he said what he said doesn't mean everyone is like that and just imagine what this thread would look like without pple like YOU, Yvete, Kpolli, Bigfrancis21, OjaP, Mamacita, Webstradamus, Anthonymighty and all other gurus i can't mention now. For someone like me, this is the best place where i feel loved as a Nigerian because you all have been of immense help to myself and some other pple. Let all who criticize or talk silly keep doing that.
I have always said this, would say it now and will always say GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Dot1(m): 11:03pm On Mar 10, 2013
@Olarwarlay
How was ur test of friday?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bodeplot: 11:04pm On Mar 10, 2013
bigfrancis21 can u pls send the barron materials that u av for GRE sir..wud appreaciate..snd to amaraozigbu@yahoo.com..one luv
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 11:14pm On Mar 10, 2013
kpolli: Yvete it is time we had that talk... wink

Kpolli ain't playing games this year! grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Seunbunmi(m): 11:39pm On Mar 10, 2013
Anthonymighty: soonest...lol...what about you

Fall semester bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by olarwarlay(m): 12:19am On Mar 11, 2013
Dot1: @Olarwarlay
How was ur test of friday?

It was okay, though I ran outta time like twice on the speaking section.... Still, I tnk God.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 12:56am On Mar 11, 2013
Yvete:

Kpolli ain't playing games this year! grin

At all oooh, wud pm u now... I can't carry last

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by webstradamus: 1:37am On Mar 11, 2013
kpolli:

At all oooh, wud pm u now... I can't carry last

Can I join the talk? I dey find work too O!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 3:02am On Mar 11, 2013
webstradamus: Can I join the talk? I dey find work too O!

Lolz ... You will not carry last just like Kpolli. smiley

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by OjaP: 3:17am On Mar 11, 2013
Yvete:

Lolz ... You will not carry last just like Kpolli. smiley

I dey find work too ma. smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by webstradamus: 4:25am On Mar 11, 2013
^^^
Wrong thread!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Reckless1: 6:26am On Mar 11, 2013
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 8:01am On Mar 11, 2013
4X4: hello all paintings and sculpture for sale at very cheap prices.

I hope they're urs!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 8:19am On Mar 11, 2013
bodeplot: bigfrancis21 can u pls send the barron materials that u av for GRE sir..wud appreaciate..snd to amaraozigbu@yahoo.com..one luv
Sent.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 9:20am On Mar 11, 2013
Oga Imperiouxx, just keep going and ignore whoever it s that annoyed you. Such is life. In fact I no longer get surprised when such things happen to me.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by winbyforce: 12:42pm On Mar 11, 2013

Imperiouxx, I believe Ronakoks has already apologised. You should let it slide and keep being good.Errare humanum est
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bodeplot: 1:03pm On Mar 11, 2013
bigfrancis.... thanks so much
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by jchatty(m): 3:59pm On Mar 11, 2013
@ Bigfrancis and any other person that can be of help.
Sup Bigfrancis, hw r u doing? pls can u send me the gre and TOEFL materials.Send them to juliusakin.mechengr@yahoo.com.
Thanx.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 4:59pm On Mar 11, 2013
Hello please, i am trying to schedule an appointment on the usa visa site but i have been getting the error message below. i have tried several times but it wont go, i have gone tru every single tin i filled in one by one and even filled a new d 160 form but still the same. pls has anyone experienced this and who can help out please.

Please enter valid CEAC Barcodes
All applicants scheduling an appointment must have entered their correct CEAC barcode. The applicants listed below have entered CEAC barcodes that do not match the personal information entered in this system. Please edit your records below to ensure that the names entered match the data in the CEAC form.
christopher medupin DS-160 Confirmation Number: *

God bless

(1) (2) (3) ... (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) ... (273)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Need Help With Direction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.