Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,217 members, 7,822,105 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:35 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 - Travel (271) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 (308840 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Seunbunmi(m): 7:11am On Mar 15, 2013
Happy buffdae kpoli wishin u longlife lik metuseller nd prosperity. Sori is coming late, at all at all na in bad pass, cheers bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by FBICIA(m): 9:11am On Mar 15, 2013
Anthonymighty:

Yes o...the Interview period is Now....Prospective students will start receiving their visas from now...I wish ya'll the best. The visa is yours, go there prepared, confident and Prayerful. God will do the rest. Any Embassy can be Good/Bad. so be it lagos consulate or Abuja....What will be will be. Favor is what we should pray for. Goodluck
Anthonymighty:

Yes o...the Interview period is Now....Prospective students will start receiving their visas from now...I wish ya'll the best. The visa is yours, go there prepared, confident and Prayerful. God will do the rest. Any Embassy can be Good/Bad. so be it lagos consulate or Abuja....What will be will be. Favor is what we should pray for. Goodluck

Baba OOo°˚˚˚° ! Ur head dey dere walahi.....
I saw the hell you went tru b4 you could get a date from the previous post mhen you are strong!
I just hope my story will have an happy ending like dis make ♍ƺ scale thru all these hurdles.... God dey!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Seunbunmi(m): 9:37am On Mar 15, 2013
Anthonymighty: Touched Down JFK since Monday afternoon...Mehn New York is freaking COLD. Damn! I came out of the airport after immigration and homeland security finished their thing. I was wearing just one Shirt and a Jean, as the breeze blow me, it didnt take up to 5 mins my hands were folding...mehn i quickly opened my bag, carry my Thickest Sweater + Jacket wear. grin grin Because water don dey comot my nose. Its all good sha. I am in South Side Jamaica Ave. NY. Imagine...the same place 50 cent grew up. grin grin...Cant wait for school to resume jare make i run go Boston.

IMPERIOUXX....My man...i got u that stuff...but cant post it down now o...gimme a lil time to settle down fully. wink

KPOLI.....Happy Birthday to you manny. Long Life n H1B grin

Yvete.... wink wink wink

Ooosheee finally finally u don enter ilu nla loL. Congrats mehn, jst try arrange urself well o make uno dey get runnin nose Like my 2yrs old nephew lol. Be safe bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 9:57am On Mar 15, 2013
Anthonymighty: Touched Down JFK since Monday afternoon...Mehn New York is freaking COLD. Damn! I came out of the airport after immigration and homeland security finished their thing. I was wearing just one Shirt and a Jean, as the breeze blow me, it didnt take up to 5 mins my hands were folding...mehn i quickly opened my bag, carry my Thickest Sweater + Jacket wear. grin grin Because water don dey comot my nose. Its all good sha. I am in South Side Jamaica Ave. NY. Imagine...the same place 50 cent grew up. grin grin...Cant wait for school to resume jare make i run go Boston.

IMPERIOUXX....My man...i got u that stuff...but cant post it down now o...gimme a lil time to settle down fully. wink

KPOLI.....Happy Birthday to you manny. Long Life n H1B grin

Yvete.... wink wink wink

WELCOME!!! grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by jchatty(m): 10:03am On Mar 15, 2013
The gurus in the house I say good morning to u all, how has it been? This thread has been a blessing to me and may God bless all of u that have been contributing to this thread. Pls I need people's advice on this, I applied to WIU and they gave me conditional admission due to my low score in toefl (501 PBT), so they ask me to pay $4,500 as part of the first semester school fees or I should rewrite toefl, but at the same time I have registered for GRE though the school did not require GRE but for embassy stuff, so I'm planning of changing school. Pls house I need school that offer engineering course that will not require TOEFL for Nigeria citizen. Thank you.
Pls house advice me whether I shd rewrite d toefl and focus on my WIU. The next toefl test is April 12 and I can stil make up d registration.
Pls house I need your advice. The reason why I tot I shd start all over before is because I have M.Sc here in mechanical and I am going for another M.Sc, which WIU know about and I don't want embassy to know dt I have M.Sc, I hope d school will not in anyway communicate with d embassy?
Thank u.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by oedipus: 10:40am On Mar 15, 2013
Hi guys I really need your help, i'm applying to a college, and i'm having problems filling the application form, I saw this part-»OC CC Datatel #, initial___ enter date___ and I have no idea what this means, I also saw this part where i'm supposed to send my official transcripts in english, again I have no idea what that means, so I was hoping you guys can help out... Thanks and pls no mean comments
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by obowunmi(m): 10:58am On Mar 15, 2013
imperiouxx:

Welcome poppa! Relax first, I will send you my address soon. Cheers!

Anthony Mighty...I'm around area myself - I live in the trump plaza. wink wink

When you settle, you fit show my side.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 12:18pm On Mar 15, 2013
jchatty: The gurus in the house I say good morning to u all, how has it been? This thread has been a blessing to me and may God bless all of u that have been contributing to this thread. Pls I need people's advice on this, I applied to WIU and they gave me conditional admission due to my low score in toefl (501 PBT), so they ask me to pay $4,500 as part of the first semester school fees or I should rewrite toefl, but at the same time I have registered for GRE though the school did not require GRE but for embassy stuff, so I'm planning of changing school. Pls house I need school that offer engineering course that will not require TOEFL for Nigeria citizen. Thank you.
Pls house advice me whether I shd rewrite d toefl and focus on my WIU. The next toefl test is April 12 and I can stil make up d registration.
Pls house I need your advice. The reason why I tot I shd start all over before is because I have M.Sc here in mechanical and I am going for another M.Sc, which WIU know about and I don't want embassy to know dt I have M.Sc, I hope d school will not in anyway communicate with d embassy?
Thank u.
Write you TOEFL and focus on the school you have in mind. I'm in WIU, engineering department. Anything u wanna knw abt the school, let me know.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by jchatty(m): 2:08pm On Mar 15, 2013
yemdeb:
Write you TOEFL and focus on the school you have in mind. I'm in WIU, engineering department. Anything u wanna knw abt the school, let me know.
@ Yemdeb, pls can u add me thru yahoo messenger id: jchatty2, I want to have some gist with on d above subject matter. Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 2:35pm On Mar 15, 2013
obowunmi:

Anthony Mighty...I'm around area myself - I live in the trump plaza. wink wink

When you settle, you fit show my side.
Hallo sir..Where are u at? Trump plaza, New York?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by eduson002(m): 3:52pm On Mar 15, 2013
Gudday people.Quite a while I posted here.The thread is indeed moving on and great things are happening.Bigfrancis and other fall 2013 hopefuls,whatz the update as per admission?.
For me,my choice school offered me a conditional admission for M.sc and am not too happy about it.Reason? They said my GRE score not high enough.
I need the advices of senior members of this thread;imperioux,yvete,ojaP,GboyegaD your advices will shape my decision to accept this offer.What do you guys advice as regard taking a conditional admission to US embassy? Thank all....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by OjaP: 4:15pm On Mar 15, 2013
eduson002: Gudday people.Quite a while I posted here.The thread is indeed moving on and great things are happening.Bigfrancis and other fall 2013 hopefuls,whatz the update as per admission?.
For me,my choice school offered me a conditional admission for M.sc and am not too happy about it.Reason? They said my GRE score not high enough.
I need the advices of senior members of this thread;imperioux,yvete,ojaP,GboyegaD your advices will shape my decision to accept this offer.What do you guys advice as regard taking a conditional admission to US embassy? Thank all....

You are fine. The embassy does not even know if you have a conditional admission or not, most people I know with a low GRE or lower GPA less than 3.0 get that...not a biggie at all. You will only need to maintain a good GPA in the first two quarters or semesters(as the case may be) after which the condition on your admission would be removed.

And may I even ask why you are not happy about it? You better accept the offer sharp sharp before my oga at the top say they won't give you admission again.

Kpolli: Happy belated birthday - sorry this came late...the same oga at the top kept me busy away from Nairaland.

I just hope my oga at the top on NL too won't ban me for this... grin grin TGIF
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 4:43pm On Mar 15, 2013
eduson002: What do you guys advice as regard taking a conditional admission to US embassy? Thank all....

You need to prepare good answers in defense of this conditional admission. Why are you accepting this offer? Make sample answers and have anyone review ...

The VO may not ask, but you need to prepare and PRAY!
Please, do not quote this post.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by olarwarlay(m): 4:54pm On Mar 15, 2013
To everyone who helped during the preparation, I say a very big thank You. To Yvete and Imperiouxx who advised that I take the toefl test, I say God bless You. To @BigFrancis, OjaP, Kpolli, Seunbunmi, Mamacita and everyone else, I say God bless You.
I just saw my Toefl result which I took on the 8th of March, I scored 90/120. Thank You all.
Now, can't wait to nail SAT come May4 by God's grace. wink

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 5:39pm On Mar 15, 2013
olarwarlay: To everyone who helped during the preparation, I say a very big thank You. To Yvete and Imperiouxx who advised that I take the toefl test, I say God bless You. To @BigFrancis, OjaP, Kpolli, Seunbunmi, Mamacita and everyone else, I say God bless You.
I just saw my Toefl result which I took on the 8th of March, I scored 90/120. Thank You all.

By His grace, it will also be fine. My today precious "like" goes to you

@Bigfrancis,

Hope you're doing fine. I can't wait to hear good news from you soon.

@yvete,

angry

@eduson002,

I think those two bosses have done justice to your question.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by eduson002(m): 5:47pm On Mar 15, 2013
OjaP:

You are fine. The embassy does not even know if you have a conditional admission or not, most people I know with a low GRE or lower GPA less than 3.0 get that...not a biggie at all. You will only need to maintain a good GPA in the first two quarters or semesters(as the case may be) after which the condition on your admission would be removed.

And may I even ask why you are not happy about it? You better accept the offer sharp sharp before my oga at the top say they won't give you admission again.

Kpolli: Happy belated birthday - sorry this came late...the same oga at the top kept me busy away from Nairaland.

I just hope my oga at the top on NL too won't ban me for this... grin grin TGIF
. Thanks OjaP.... U know I was hoping 2 get a GA only to get a conditional admit.I wil accept Ȋ̝̊̅† cos its curriculum really fit my career goals. Lady yvete...thanks I will work on that.I also applied to other schs.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 5:59pm On Mar 15, 2013
eduson002: . Thanks OjaP.... U know I was hoping 2 get a GA only to get a conditional admit.I wil accept Ȋ̝̊̅† cos its curriculum really fit my career goals. Lady yvete...thanks I will work on that.I also applied to other schs.my course is Info and Telecom systems.Got d offer 4rm Ohio uni.

But you should be mindful of the outstate tuition you're going to pay with this your no GA admission.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by eduson002(m): 6:11pm On Mar 15, 2013
imperiouxx:

But you should be mindful of the outstate tuition you're going to pay with this no GA admission.
Yes I'm aware,its my choice course...bt if I get better offer 4rm †ђξ other sch I will consider Ȋ̝̊̅† too.Thanks bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 6:14pm On Mar 15, 2013
eduson002: Yes I'm aware,its my choice course...bt if I get better offer 4rm †ђξ other sch I will consider Ȋ̝̊̅† too.Thanks bro.

Fine!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by iamchux(m): 6:18pm On Mar 15, 2013
GboyegaD:

There are quite a number of them. You can apply to University of Massachusetts, Amherst but the cost of living there is on the high side; West Michigan University, Kalamazoo with a regular cost of living like many US cities; and Utah State University, Logan with a fairly low cost of living compared to most towns. You can check many more schools like Florida International University, University of North Texas will waive it for you if you have at least a B3 in English in WAEC/NECO. I would suggest you rewrite the TOEFL though.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 6:26pm On Mar 15, 2013
Hello house, I will like to commend you all for your comments and contribution. My dad happens to be my sponsor and he has just 12million in his account, I want to know if its ok to take to the embassy. I am writing my GRE exam on monday. I want you all to wish me success and not luck. Thanks to bigfrancis for the study materials. God bless you all.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by olsmade(m): 7:38pm On Mar 15, 2013
slimmy05: Hello house, I will like to commend you all for your comments and contribution. My dad happens to be my sponsor and he has just 12million in his account, I want to know if its ok to take to the embassy. I am writing my GRE exam on monday. I want you all to wish me success and not luck. Thanks to bigfrancis for the study materials. God bless you all.
Na 12 million u dey call 'just'. U wan give ur papa hypertension?

on a more serious note, as long as it covers tuition and living expenses for a year, then u r good to go. I hope there z a steady inflow/outflow tho. By that i mean, he didnt just deposit a lump sum in the recent past.

Btw, all d best in your GRE
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by iamchux(m): 8:08pm On Mar 15, 2013
Hello house, juz joined nairaland, so happy to have a forum that can solve issues partaining F-1 visa..I actually have an issue I will pls want the house to help me address. I wrote gre in feb nd got 285 nd have a GPA 2.90(scale of 5) nd I intend apply for my masters in agricultural related courses or biological science...pls I wld like to knw my tendency of been accepted in any college or university in the US...Shld I still try nd apply based on my low GPA nd gre score...Toefl is intact...thanks in anticipation house
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Mamacita007(f): 8:29pm On Mar 15, 2013
olarwarlay: To everyone who helped during the preparation, I say a very big thank You. To Yvete and Imperiouxx who advised that I take the toefl test, I say God bless You. To @BigFrancis, OjaP, Kpolli, Seunbunmi, Mamacita and everyone else, I say God bless You.

olawalay your battery is almost flat. Go and charge your BB lloooolll. May God grant you retentive memory when you write the sat.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Mamacita007(f): 8:34pm On Mar 15, 2013
Anthonymighty: Mamacita Senorita....May God deliver all of us not only me. wink How are you now. Hope you are chilling...Summer on the corner...dont dull grin grin grin

Yes ooo dont dulllll. you're now the latest citizen of boston sorry new york. Cover up well make cold no freeze you like statue of liberty. llooolll
Look for a good church in boston. Dont forget ur 7 days fasting and prayer for this visa. You think ill 4get abi haahaahaa

Yvete: Slap 50 Cent for me![/i] grin
Be careful out there!

he should be careful after slapping 50 cent. llooolll
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by smithjanetstore: 8:48pm On Mar 15, 2013
Baba ooo omo eko fulltime so you finally debe washere padi mi i saw ur interview stuff i was nt easy but u nake the VO down all corrects but na narrow escape you know am having the same pblem of few yrs gap baba i go still need u fulltime on what to do
BEST WISHES
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by fadinus(m): 9:44pm On Mar 15, 2013
yemdeb:
dats d schl am applyng tu as well, let's relate
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bones007: 11:07pm On Mar 15, 2013
House pls help me wit this. My school resume in 19th of august,can I put my appointment date in may?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by GboyegaD(m): 12:03am On Mar 16, 2013
bones007: House pls help me wit this. My school resume in 19th of august,can I put my appointment date in may?

Yes you can. It is within the 120days limit.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by olsmade(m): 4:12am On Mar 16, 2013
iamchux: Hello house, juz joined nairaland, so happy to have a forum that can solve issues partaining F-1 visa..I actually have an issue I will pls want the house to help me address. I wrote gre in feb nd got 285 nd have a GPA 2.90(scale of 5) nd I intend apply for my masters in agricultural related courses or biological science...pls I wld like to knw my tendency of been accepted in any college or university in the US...Shld I still try nd apply based on my low GPA nd gre score...Toefl is intact...thanks in anticipation house

There's only one way to find out. Go for it. U cud try retaking the GRE tho, but u ll av to act fast if u still wanna make fall.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 5:36am On Mar 16, 2013
jchatty: The gurus in the house I say good morning to u all, how has it been? This thread has been a blessing to me and may God bless all of u that have been contributing to this thread. Pls I need people's advice on this, I applied to WIU and they gave me conditional admission due to my low score in toefl (501 PBT), so they ask me to pay $4,500 as part of the first semester school fees or I should rewrite toefl, but at the same time I have registered for GRE though the school did not require GRE but for embassy stuff, so I'm planning of changing school. Pls house I need school that offer engineering course that will not require TOEFL for Nigeria citizen. Thank you.
Thank u.
1) University of Maryland doesn't require TOEFL from Nigerian citizens but, believe you me, the school is very competitive for engineering. GRE is required.
2) University of Illinois (Chicago and Urbana-Champagne campuses) too.

(1) (2) (3) ... (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) (273)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Need Help With Direction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.