Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,286 members, 7,818,969 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:11 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 - Travel (269) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 (308731 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by smithjanetstore: 10:10pm On Mar 12, 2013
@Yvete mogbe na wetin i do u self u dey take me rub am bigtime, Hope he does not send TOEFL materials when they ask for GRE. this is bullshit
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Mamacita007(f): 10:11pm On Mar 12, 2013
lloooll person dey vex
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 10:18pm On Mar 12, 2013
smithjanetstore: @Seunbunmi 120$ its very expensive but i dont really have any idea why dont you tell ur school to send it via dhl they accepts payment on delivery i hope b4 the arrival of ur i-20 u go don run up and down to get the cash now, less i forget let me give another advice u might use other shipping method not EXPRESS that will be cheaper aswell but the delivery procedure migth last for couple of weeks while EXPRESS is for few days

People should be editing b4 posting.Nobody wey no sabi type jagara jagara ooooo.U read better thing and u come dey type anyhow.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by smithjanetstore: 10:26pm On Mar 12, 2013
VEX BIGTIME
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 3:20am On Mar 13, 2013
ardewharle: guys pls help with the toefl material..dis is my third request..abeg HELP cry embarassed cry....mail.adewale@yahoo.com ardewharle@hotmail.com mail.adewale@gmail.com
Sent.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 3:27am On Mar 13, 2013
bodeplot: bigfrancis.... thanks so much
Barrons sent. Please refer to the images on page 211 of this thread on the extraction process.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 4:15am On Mar 13, 2013
jchatty: @ Bigfrancis and any other person that can be of help.
Sup Bigfrancis, hw r u doing? pls can u send me the gre and TOEFL materials.Send them to juliusakin.mechengr@yahoo.com.
Thanx.
Sent.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Raiders: 4:25am On Mar 13, 2013
Hi folks, I am a silence follower of the thread..I am currently a F1 grad student in the States and I have been in the states since fall 2011; I will be graduating this Semester..I am planning to get marry to my African American girlfriend immediately I graduated and we don't plan on settling in Nigeria when we get marry so I am currently planning to change my status from F1 to Permanent Residence.. I heard the process of changing status to Permanent resident through marriage is long and stressful and A Nigerian I asked told me that I have to go back to Nigeria for my girlfriend to file for me..so I would like to know if anyone in this thread has experience in changing status from F1 to Permanent Resident that would advice me on the processes and procedure to change status to Permanent Resident..
P.S= I am not getting married to my girlfriend for immigration purpose; we have been dating for about 15 months and we are genuinely in love. Her parents and my parents has agreed on us getting married by june...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 4:39am On Mar 13, 2013
@Smith: Have a seat!

@Seunbunmi: Ready yet? grin

@Adolite: You're a smartie! Nigerian girls don't know cos' they slacking. Haha!

@Raiders: You may want to visit an Immigration Attorney. You can change your status from F1 to perm resident even as a student.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by OjaP: 4:48am On Mar 13, 2013
Raiders: Hi folks, I am a silence follower of the thread..I am currently a F1 grad student in the States and I have been in the states since fall 2011; I will be graduating this Semester..I am planning to get marry to my African American girlfriend immediately I graduated and we don't plan on settling in Nigeria when we get marry so I am currently planning to change my status from F1 to Permanent Residence.. I heard the process of changing status to Permanent resident through marriage is long and stressful and A Nigerian I asked told me that I have to go back to Nigeria for my girlfriend to file for me..so I would like to know if anyone in this thread has experience in changing status from F1 to Permanent Resident that would advice me on the processes and procedure to change status to Permanent Resident..
P.S= I am not getting married to my girlfriend for immigration purpose; we have been dating for about 15 months and we are genuinely in love. Her parents and my parents has agreed on us getting married by june...

You are posting in the wrong thread, this is strictly for students seeking F-1 Visa. Nonetheless, I will try to answer your question.

- You don't have to go back to Nigeria for your gf to file for you. You will simply be adjusting status from here (AoS).
- You need to file forms I-130, 1485, 131 and I-765.
- Gather all supporting documents that can show you are legally married and not for immigration purpose.

I would love to explain more but this is not the right thread for that. The link below will explain further.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=9c8aa6c515083210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=9c8aa6c515083210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD

Goodluck!!!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 5:27am On Mar 13, 2013
Raiders: Hi folks, I am a silence follower of the thread..I am currently a F1 grad student in the States and I have been in the states since fall 2011; I will be graduating this Semester..I am planning to get marry to my African American girlfriend immediately I graduated and we don't plan on settling in Nigeria when we get marry so I am currently planning to change my status from F1 to Permanent Residence.. I heard the process of changing status to Permanent resident through marriage is long and stressful and A Nigerian I asked told me that I have to go back to Nigeria for my girlfriend to file for me..so I would like to know if anyone in this thread has experience in changing status from F1 to Permanent Resident that would advice me on the processes and procedure to change status to Permanent Resident..

My advice, go to naija to marry her or sign prenup....

Plus why ur parents no go gree? Just kidding grin grin grin grin cheesy

I don't think the process is long tho... I remember there being a guy in thread 1 who immediately got married as soon as he got to usa and he changed status then...

As our master in this field Prof OjaP (I dunno how he became a pro) said "follow the link"
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by OjaP: 5:49am On Mar 13, 2013
kpolli:

My advice, go to naija to marry her or sign prenup....

Plus why ur parents no go gree? Just kidding grin grin grin grin cheesy

I don't think the process is long tho... I remember there being a guy in thread 1 who immediately got married as soon as he got to usa and he changed status then...

As our master in this field Prof OjaP (I dunno how he became a pro) said "follow the link"

Hahaha, I am not a pro oooo. I just believe all hustlers must have researched/know the way/path to green card in America. Through marriage? Through job? Through business? Through assylum? Pick anyone wey you want.........lol

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 6:13am On Mar 13, 2013
OjaP:

Hahaha, I am not a pro oooo. I just believe all hustlers must have researched/know the way/path to green card in America. Through marriage? Through job? Through business? Through assylum? Pick anyone wey you want.........lol

lol.... true talk my brother
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Seunbunmi(m): 7:23am On Mar 13, 2013
Yvete: @Smith: Have a seat!

@Seunbunmi: Ready yet? grin

Yes I'm fully ready cheesy. I've decided to transfer to NCTC. My fall i-20 is ready from Murray, normally they are suppose to send it to me through UPS but they said they have new policy that i have to pay for fedex for the shipping which fedex is charging me 120dollars . I will pay that today and start NCTC application.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Adolite(m): 7:47am On Mar 13, 2013
Seunbunmi:

Yes I'm fully ready cheesy. I've decided to transfer to NCTC. My fall i-20 is ready from Murray, normally they are suppose to send it to me through UPS but they said they have new policy that i have to pay for fedex for the shipping which fedex is charging me 120dollars . I will pay that today and start NCTC application.

yeah is better you pay the 120$ and within 3 days you will receive your admission packages.

Yvete:

@Adolite: You're a smartie! Nigerian girls don't know cos' they slacking. Haha! Yvete, yetty yetty u have come again..hmmmmm grin grin grin

@Raiders: You may want to visit an Immigration Attorney. You can change your status from F1 to perm resident even as a student.
Yeah is possible but with the help of Immigration Attorney will make it more easier .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Isobutylene: 12:50pm On Mar 13, 2013
OjaP:

this cracked me up.....laughed hard my colleagues at the research institute thought I've gone mad! grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 3:10pm On Mar 13, 2013
Seunbunmi:

Proud of ya! grin
Anyways, NCTC is a good start. Though its a 100% commuter campus, small town, nothing going on, but its cheaper for starters compared to HCCS. After a semester there, you should be able to decide to come out to HCCS or anywhere else in the US.
Hey, if you need help with finding accomodation or mobility around town, I can introduce you to a couple of Nigerians to help out. Holla when you get here!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by effyfortune: 3:31pm On Mar 13, 2013
Pls house any available date dis march cos I suPpose to resume by 26 of march
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Seunbunmi(m): 5:01pm On Mar 13, 2013
Yvete:

Proud of ya! grin
Anyways, NCTC is a good start. Though its a 100% commuter campus, small town, nothing going on, but its cheaper for starters compared to HCCS. After a semester there, you should be able to decide to come out to Houston or anywhere else in the US.
Hey, if you need help with finding accomodation or mobility around town, I can introduce you to a couple of Nigerians to help out. Holla when you get here!

Thanks godmother cheesy grin. I know i can always count on you, i will surely do that, thanks once again.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by AndreOgara(m): 12:28am On Mar 14, 2013
I agree. I had an exam yesterday for one of my courses that I take online and it was even more boring than listening to the actual lectures online. I was all alone in a huge lab! damn...
Yvete:

Pretty good. Got one take home exam left - due midnight. Learned never to take an online class again (zero motivation plus boredom with slow monotonous professor videos) angry Hope you did alright.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by princeRomeo(m): 1:23am On Mar 14, 2013
OjaP:

you're on point grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by princeRomeo(m): 1:27am On Mar 14, 2013
Yvete:

Proud of ya! grin
Anyways, NCTC is a good start. Though its a 100% commuter campus, small town, nothing going on, but its cheaper for starters compared to HCCS. After a semester there, you should be able to decide to come out to Houston or anywhere else in the US.
Yvete thought HCCS was cheaper How much is their school fee's per semester?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 3:15am On Mar 14, 2013
Andre Ogara: I agree. I had an exam yesterday for one of my courses that I take online and it was even more boring than listening to the actual lectures online. I was all alone in a huge lab! damn...

Lolz. Where was everyone else? Seems like you enrolled in a hybrid class.

@ Prince: HCCS is not the cheapest. Its a well reputed CC and very diverse with over 20-something campuses plus distance Ed.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 3:21am On Mar 14, 2013
Guess who turns 20 today? grin
Happy Birthday to my in-law, Kpolli. You have just one more year to be officially legal.

Wish you a totally cool, really fun-tastic, majorly awesome and rocking year ahead! Enjoy that pink cake on your profile, courtesy of Nairaland!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by fittty(m): 5:44am On Mar 14, 2013
Yvete: Guess who turns 20 today? grin
Happy Birthday to my in-law, Kpolli. You have just one more year to be officially legal.

Wish you a totally cool, really fun-tastic, majorly awesome and rocking year ahead! Enjoy that pink cake on your profile, courtesy of Nairaland!

Waitee, is kpoli really Twenty years? shocked I doubt it. Lemme ask my Oga ontop...

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 6:52am On Mar 14, 2013
Yvete: Guess who turns 20 today? grin

Thanks dear.....

fittty:

Waitee, is kpoli really Twenty years? shocked I doubt it. Lemme ask my Oga ontop...

Lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by jchatty(m): 7:27am On Mar 14, 2013
@ Big Francis, thank you very much for the GRE+TOEFL package that you sent to me. I really apprec8. GBU
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by jchatty(m): 7:39am On Mar 14, 2013
The gurus in the house I say good morning to u all, how has it been? This thread has been a blessing to me and may God bless all of u that have been contributing to this thread. Pls I need people's advice on this, I applied to WIU and they gave me conditional admission due to my low score in toefl (501 PBT), so they ask me to pay $4,500 as part of the first semester school fees or I should rewrite toefl, but at the same time I have registered for GRE though the school did not require GRE but for embassy stuff, so I'm planning of changing school. Pls house I need school that offer engineering course that will not require TOEFL for Nigeria citizen. Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by GboyegaD(m): 7:49am On Mar 14, 2013
jchatty: The gurus in the house I say good morning to u all, how has it been? This thread has been a blessing to me and may God bless all of u that have been contributing to this thread. Pls I need people's advice on this, I applied to WIU and they gave me conditional admission due to my low score in toefl (501 PBT), so they ask me to pay $4,500 as part of the first semester school fees or I should rewrite toefl, but at the same time I have registered for GRE though the school did not require GRE but for embassy stuff, so I'm planning of changing school. Pls house I need school that offer engineering course that will not require TOEFL for Nigeria citizen. Thank you.

There are quite a number of them. You can apply to University of Massachusetts, Amherst but the cost of living there is on the high side; West Michigan University, Kalamazoo with a regular cost of living like many US cities; and Utah State University, Logan with a fairly low cost of living compared to most towns. You can check many more schools like Florida International University, University of North Texas will waive it for you if you have at least a B3 in English in WAEC/NECO. I would suggest you rewrite the TOEFL though.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 8:57am On Mar 14, 2013
jchatty: The gurus in the house I say good morning to u all, how has it been? This thread has been a blessing to me and may God bless all of u that have been contributing to this thread. Pls I need people's advice on this, I applied to WIU and they gave me conditional admission due to my low score in toefl (501 PBT), so they ask me to pay $4,500 as part of the first semester school fees or I should rewrite toefl, but at the same time I have registered for GRE though the school did not require GRE but for embassy stuff, so I'm planning of changing school. Pls house I need school that offer engineering course that will not require TOEFL for Nigeria citizen. Thank you.

Pay 4K5 or rewrite TOEFL? O boy, redo that thing.Do CBT and pull off 90 or 100.That school makes sense,which major were u admitted? Why another school?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by FBICIA(m): 9:52am On Mar 14, 2013
Hello house av been following this thread for a year but I don't post.............
Av gone tru dis thread from part 1 to 3 and I will Be going for my interview 21st of march next week thursday 7:30 AM at lagos consular office.

I want to the situation of lagos embassy nw asin hope its not tense? because everybody blamed ♍ƺ for choosing lagos 4my interview.

Also, I want to ask dis question, am going 4my masters in bus Admin and management After a ist degree in Urban Planning and I will come back an manage my late dad business which is real estate and Development. I av my (sponsor) mum finanacial statement with 9M plus as march 1st so is it necessary I take. The coy Registration certificate to the embassy since it is nt the coy that is sponsoring me

(1) (2) (3) ... (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Need Help With Direction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.