Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,565 members, 7,770,471 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 10:58 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 (307409 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (273) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Papa50000: 5:30pm On Jul 19, 2012
Anyone going to Massachusetts? I'm traveling August.

Congrats @walex leadzeal SJames kpolli dr_dolittle.

God is on the throne.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by WARYZ(m): 5:38pm On Jul 19, 2012
I got to the embassy around 9am,i sat 4 a lil while,and it was time 4 the 10am pple to go in.we were checkd as usual and we enterd the embassy,the man on counter 3 was denying everybody,while the man on counter 1 was issuing every1.i prayed to God to giv me dat man on counter 1,and so he did
this was how it went down
me;howdy
vo;am good and you?
me;cool sir
vo;(staired at is pc 4 over 50 seconds b4 throwing the 1st question)what are you going to do in the u.s
me;to study political science at opsu,and the reason y am studying political science is cuz politics in nigeria is creumbling and we need young bloods to make nigeria a better place in the nearest future
vo;ok good,how many schools did you apply to?
me;actually i wanted to apply to 2 skools,but i ended up applying to 7
vo;how did u end up attending 3 high skools,and y did u choose igbogbo model college
me;(i just divert the question)well igogbo is a government skool which is also a bording skool
vo;ok how did u get into igbogbo model cllge
me;i wrote some tests just like every other person and i passed them very well(na lie o,na runz i use enter the skool oo)
vo;so just anybody can get into the skool?(looking kinda suprised)
me;yes sir
vo;wat does ur dad do
me;my dad doesnt work anymur,he his very very old
vo;so how will he pay ur fees
me;i dont liv with my parents again,i av been living with my grandma 4 a long time now,nd she wiil be responsible 4 the tuition
vo;ur grandma(looking kinda disgusted)
me;yes sir,she has her company,but actually her husband which is my grandpa owned the company but he died and she took over the company.she has 39 houses.
vo;ok cool(started typing 4eva,and i was worried and begging God 4 him to let d man grant me)uhhmm ok go to lekki on tuesday 2 pick up you visa,nd dnt 4get u should travel less dan 30 days to ur resumption date.
me;thank you(as i 1 dey commot,hin just call me again like say hin make mistake giv me the visa.omo i fear die,hin just start to dey type again,4 almost 1 min precisely)
vo;ok bro you are good to go
me;thank you
It was God all the way though,and guess what,i didnt even take my statement of acct,cuz it is a fixed acct deposit receipt and my uncle didnt have time to go to the bank to collect the receipt,so it was God.And by the way,this was my third trial.my dad got his visiting visa on monday,hin com dey talk say make we go 2geda after the ramadan period,na so i tell am say my skool go resume b4 ending of ramadan oo, grin grin grin grin grin grin.i no fit ever travel with dat my old man,him to dey disturb,looooooooll,but i still luv him loads.and by the way i applied for undergraduate studies making me the 1st undergraduate student who got his visa in this month of july.
i thank errybody on this trend for making me get the visa 2day,i started posting on this trend in 2009(me sef don tey o)but i left after i was denied visa the 1st time which was august 4and the second time which was august 24 both 2011.i luv and thank you all for you help and God will grant erry1 pursuing their visas,will get it in Allahs name,LET ME EAR YOU SAY A BIG...............(ANSWER THAT PART) wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by ebyadieze: 5:39pm On Jul 19, 2012
kpolli:

24 months

24months? Where did that come from? I-20 is 36months and program is 22momths but you have said 24months, I do not understand the relationship.
Please clarify.

Cheers.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Papa50000: 5:43pm On Jul 19, 2012
Congrats WARYZ
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by ebyadieze: 5:46pm On Jul 19, 2012
dr_dolittle:

Hey! Please be advised. Whatever you input must tally with what you have on your form I-20.

Therefore, duration or length of stay= 36 months(according to your I-20)

For accommodation, the answer is 'your school address on your I-20' since you do not have a place yet.

Peace!

Thanks a lot DR_Dolittle!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by deevick246(m): 5:52pm On Jul 19, 2012
Congratulations WARYZ. I know say u been don te for this thread cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by ebyadieze: 5:53pm On Jul 19, 2012
kpolli:

Mine said 36 too but I Filled in 24 months too

In the end na 24 months them go give am. . .

But Kpolli, do you not think that this is rather confusing? What they will give you should affect the real thing that you should fill on the form. I need the information that is required to be filled on the form to avoid an form of uncertainty or intention to overstay.

Please help!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by WARYZ(m): 5:54pm On Jul 19, 2012
Papa50000: Congrats WARYZ
THANKS BRO
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 5:55pm On Jul 19, 2012
Freddieyankee:

@ jullie55 .... Here is my email free feel to

If it's necessary for these people to write you personally, it will be better they make the move first by asking you. I'm curious about how many cases you've replied to with your email. Moreover, for transparency why not advice them here so that many others like us learn too.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by WARYZ(m): 5:55pm On Jul 19, 2012
deevick246: Congratulations WARYZ. I know say u been don te for this thread cheesy cheesy cheesy
SO U STILL REMEBER ME SEF grin ;DI BE OLD MAN 4 HERE O,BT YOUNG IN REAL LIFE grin grin grin,THANKS ANYWAY
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by ebyadieze: 5:56pm On Jul 19, 2012
yankison:

Why can't someone just answer my damn question.

Hello, the information is required under the Previous US Travel Section of the form, the 3rd question.

Hope that helps.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 6:00pm On Jul 19, 2012
This is great WARYZ. Congrat! I do say never say die. Going many times isn't sign of desperation but rectification of loopholes.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Freddieyankee(m): 6:15pm On Jul 19, 2012
imperiouxx:

If it's necessary for these people to write you personally, it will be better they make the move first by asking you. I'm curious about how many cases you've replied to with your email. Moreover, for transparency why not advice them here so that many others like us learn too.

Oga imperious.... If you start from page 2 you would seem me advising people on here and it more complicating when everyone is leaving comment at at time.... And mind na free I dey reply them I no charge anybody.... So feel free to ask ur questions
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Freddieyankee(m): 6:18pm On Jul 19, 2012
WARYZ: THANKS BRO

Congrats man... I feel ur lie and believe if you really wanna pass the interview you must lie one way or the other... Welcome to new life....
Nepa no dey take light for here so no bother bring mosquito net lol .... Just joking. Congrats once again
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Mystiqme: 6:25pm On Jul 19, 2012
WARYZ:
i thank errybody on this trend for making me get the visa 2day,i started posting on this trend in 2009(me sef don tey o)but i left after i was denied visa the 1st time which was august 4and the second time which was august 24 both 2011.i luv and thank you all for you help and God will grant erry1 pursuing their visas,will get it in Allahs name,LET ME EAR YOU SAY A BIG...............(ANSWER THAT PART) wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink
Chai! I remember this guy form like 2010 or thereabouts. Congrats ooo.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Mystiqme: 6:36pm On Jul 19, 2012
Guys, I am having problems booking a flight on wakanow.com. Am I the only one or is it a general problem?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by BeeMe: 6:39pm On Jul 19, 2012
dr do little-
Abeg no vex, I do not understand what PM means? Do you mean that I should send u an e-mail?
king1 00
Thanks for your help. Concerning home ties, when is the most appropriate time to present my parents' property documents? Is it when Im asked what they do for a living?
sndrmtns
Thanks. Concerning changing of school being a big 'red flag', it should not be. I got a cheaper, and equally good school. That is their wahala o! There is nothing I can do about that!
BeeMee
Thanks a lot. What type of proofs do you suggest. The only strong point for me is the relevance of my course to Nigeria for now.
Can the VOs be questioned? Even Obama cannot change their decision.
Philolos
Thanks a lot.I pray I get through with this cos a lot has gone into it. You are right though. Its well!

One more thing please, when filling reason for previous denials on the DS 160, do I fill the most recent, or all previous interviews attended?
Thanks guys, I appreciate your responses...look forward to more

Do u have your current appointment letter showing that u r employed with a good job?
that was wat i used for mine and with the help of my company letter, i got it one dial 2 yrs ago.

i read computer science and got admission to harvard for a program, my company backed me up for support with the intention that i will come back and teach the rest pf the staff the java program i was going to learn so they could improve on their software. na so i dodge grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jul 19, 2012
Congrates WARYZ... This was sure a Miracle.. Congrates once more.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bobell: 6:46pm On Jul 19, 2012
WARYZ: I got to the embassy around 9am,i sat 4 a lil while,and it was time 4 the 10am pple to go in.we were checkd as usual and we enterd the embassy,the man on counter 3 was denying everybody,while the man on counter 1 was issuing every1.i prayed to God to giv me dat man on counter 1,and so he did
me;howdy
vo;am good and you?
me;cool sir
vo;(staired at is pc 4 over 50 seconds b4 throwing the 1st question)what are you going to do in the u.s
me;to study political science at opsu,and the reason y am studying political science is cuz politics in nigeria is creumbling and we need young bloods to make nigeria a better place in the nearest future
vo;how did u end up attending 3 high skools,and y did u choose igbogbo model college
me;(i just divert the question)well igogbo is a government skool which is also a bording skool
me;i wrote some tests just like every other person and i passed them very well(na lie o,na runz i use enter the skool oo)
me;yes sir
vo;wat does ur dad do
me;i dont liv with my parents again,i av been living with my grandma 4 a long time now,nd she wiil be responsible 4 the tuition
me;yes sir,she has her company,but actually her husband which is my grandpa owned the company but he died and she took over the company.she has 39 houses.
vo;ok cool(started typing 4eva,and i was worried and begging God 4 him to let d man grant me)uhhmm ok go to lekki on tuesday 2 pick up you visa,nd dnt 4get u should travel less dan 30 days to ur resumption date.
me;thank you(as i 1 dey commot,hin just call me again like say hin make mistake giv me the visa.omo i fear die,hin just start to dey type again,4 almost 1 min precisely)
me;thank you
It was God all the way though,and guess what,i didnt even take my statement of acct,cuz it is a fixed acct deposit receipt and my uncle didnt have time to go to the bank to collect the receipt,so it was God.And by the way,this was my third trial.my dad got his visiting visa on monday,hin com dey talk say make we go 2geda after the ramadan period,na so i tell am say my skool go resume b4 ending of ramadan oo, grin grin grin grin grin grin.i no fit ever travel with dat my old man,him to dey disturb,looooooooll,but i still luv him loads.and by the way i applied for undergraduate studies making me the 1st undergraduate student who got his visa in this month of july.
WARYZ: I got to the embassy around 9am,i sat 4 a lil while,and it was time 4 the 10am pple to go in.we were checkd as usual and we enterd the embassy,the man on counter 3 was denying everybody,while the man on counter 1 was issuing every1.i prayed to God to giv me dat man on counter 1,and so he did
me;howdy
vo;am good and you?
me;cool sir
me;yes sir
vo;wat does ur dad do
me;thank you
me;howdy
vo;am good and you?
me;cool sir
me;yes sir
vo;wat does ur dad do
me;thank you

Congrat 2u..and say a big Amen,Amen,Amen to your prayer oooooo cos am also going for UG I knw I'll surely give my own testimony as well Insha ALLAH Bikudirotillahi...Amen.congrat 2u once again.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 6:48pm On Jul 19, 2012
obusco4lyfe: pt1 page what?

Omo this question hard oooo
But by going thru the first 70 pages, u wud get enuff to get u thru the whole process
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by obusco4lyfe(m): 6:54pm On Jul 19, 2012
kpolli:

Omo this question hard oooo
But by going thru the first 70 pages, u wud get enuff to get u thru the whole process
omo ur reply hard'ooo
Anyhw sha i wil go thru it
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by ahmedgafar7(m): 7:08pm On Jul 19, 2012
Olami1224: Congratulations on your Visa. Please i would like to have a full details of all documents you used, the step by step processing, every necessary thing to do. i just finished my HND and i want to proceed with my career in USA. sodiqonas@yahoo.com is my mail, i'll like to here from you. a "brief is TO List" total costs and every necessary details will be appreciated.

Thanks
I need that too pls send it to ahmedgafar01@yahoo.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jul 19, 2012
Obusco and kpolli no go kill person for here oh grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by yankison(m): 7:14pm On Jul 19, 2012
@waxryzz

Prahhh u made it . U resuming spring I guess ?

For reading this alone I don collect my F-1 .

I salute the way u twisted the dad part , AND wat is igbogbo college?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 7:20pm On Jul 19, 2012
me;howdy
vo;am good and you?
me;cool sir
me;yes sir
vo;wat does ur dad do
me;thank you

Congrats bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by phy: 7:39pm On Jul 19, 2012
dr_dolittle: Bros relax...You can't do that here in Naija cos Nigerian banks dont issue such.Just ask someone you know in the US to help you issue a cheque to them with the details properly inputted on the cheque just as the school instructed.If you do online banking, transfer the equivalent amount of the expenses which the person you are sending has accrued...but you can do this after the person has helped you send the cheque o.

@obusco4lyfe, dr_dolittle: Please Nigerian bank issues cashier's check. I have done it before and in fact it is going to be issued with a check of their corresponding bank. Check Access Bank if you want to, and you'll pay some charges.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by seunshrek(m): 7:41pm On Jul 19, 2012
I'm so glad I stummbuled on this topic yh...I'm planiing if having a masters program after my nysc. So I need all the help to go bout that...firstly kingly send me materials on GRE and Toelf...anuybody? @seunshrek@yahoo.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Allohrandy(m): 7:43pm On Jul 19, 2012
me;howdy
vo;am good and you?
me;cool sir
me;yes sir
vo;wat does ur dad do
me;thank you
my brother, congratulation o. I am truly happy for you because you deserve it. Anyway, thank God for your success. Getting visa is only thru hard work and God help
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 7:51pm On Jul 19, 2012
Freddieyankee:

Oga imperious.... If you start from page 2 you would seem me advising people on here and it more complicating when everyone is leaving comment at at time.... And mind na free I dey reply them I no charge anybody.... So feel free to ask ur questions

I'm a newbie here and good to hear no money is parted giving your advice. To ask you my questions .....Yes sir! I will but dem plenty.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by feloonline(m): 8:01pm On Jul 19, 2012
obusco4lyfe: dts d issue, i dnt hv any1 2 do it 4 me in such a short tym....d sch deadline is Aug 1st
go to Cotonu and pay there. Now
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by seedord247(m): 8:46pm On Jul 19, 2012
Welcome to USA for those of you that got the ticket. cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by justwise(m): 9:09pm On Jul 19, 2012
imperiouxx:

Thank you!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (273)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Need Help With Direction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.