Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,218 members, 7,815,256 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:42 AM

Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? (45138 Views)

Dead Body Of Colonel Samaila Inusa Killed By Kidnappers (Photos) / First Day At Work, Ambode Goes After Fashola’s Loyalists, Sacks Fashola’s Sister / After Fashola,who Is Next In Lagos State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jul 20, 2012
2rut: Gov Fashola was wrong to arrest a senior Army officer. A disgrace to entire arm forces and citizens of Nigeria. He should have used more civilized approach colonel in Nigeria army represents entire nation while Gov Fashola represents entire Lagos state. Anyway, Gov fashola is lucky; a flag officer will command his aides de camp to double up fashola

Common, stop making foolish comments. Do you think the SSS officers and mopol would stand and watch while a general or his ADC harms the governor?
Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by vanstanzy(m): 1:37pm On Jul 20, 2012
jaybee:

This picture is taken on board a flight. so i don't know what you are insinuating.

Which of the flights? Is it the ill-fated DANA flight from Abj. to Lag. that crashed awhile ago. Then the three ladies at the background must be the air hostesses, and the white guy at the background too, the pilot. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin. Chairman look the picture well again, before u comment. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by immjy: 2:06pm On Jul 20, 2012
LASMA Should be careful, life has no duplicate......xpect more from an angry soldiers.
Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by EMPERORZIMUS: 3:17pm On Jul 20, 2012
My governor,ill advice since the khaki bois are going gaga, create khaki lane 4 dem as u did 4 brt. Lol naija go beta.
Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by ooua: 3:39pm On Jul 20, 2012
The colonel deserved what he got. Its only Nigeria that public servants are proud to break the laws of the land and not ashamed. How can Nigeria as a nation go forward when those who are expect to know better behave this way. I cry for Nigeria
sad

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by ekeneval: 4:16pm On Jul 20, 2012
In the good old days soldiers were not seen any how. They were the brave men fighting for the nation. But today they have turned out to be looters of the public service, terror personified and hustle @ the filling station. Take the streets and see what they are doing to the masses; dancing on our faces in broad day light. The soldiers should go back to the barracks and save their faces else the civilians will rise up against them. We are in a democratic regime not military era.
Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jul 20, 2012
It is true Nigerian Army lacked discipline. It is a shame it's made up of touts!
Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by NovusHomo(m): 4:47pm On Jul 20, 2012
The long and short of it all is this: give a little power to a Nigerian, his head will swell whether na Fashola o, Colonel o, LASMA o, army recruit o. Na wah!

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by gudnex22(m): 4:54pm On Jul 20, 2012
Eko Ile: Why is lagos still part of the sorry mess called Nigeria?
because Lagos is also a big big sorry mess

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by chatterly: 5:12pm On Jul 20, 2012
For all those commenting here,a point to note,from what we can see Fashola DID NOT arrest the colonel and i dont think he has any power of arrest (legally that is)the body language displayed is that of disappointment i.e i thought you shld know better.And he aptly said that he has reported the issues to the higher quarters which is the right thing to do.Regarding the issue of a colonel being superior to a Governor ,that is clearly a Typical Naija beer parlor rant,how can?.If so why would Admiral Murtala Nyako,former chief of Naval staff and a distinguished one at that be the civilian governor of Adamawa state and he fought tooth and nail to get that seat.Abi he was demoted !!!!!!!
Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by tpia5: 5:15pm On Jul 20, 2012
that is clearly a Typical Naija beer parlor rant

whoever takes some of these nlers serious, does so at his/her own risk.
Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by yankidelta(m): 7:42pm On Jul 20, 2012
::Andrew:::
fashola was very lucky it wasnt my dad he met grin grin

That col. is a cool one. Bloody civilians grin grin grin grin

Who your papa be and wetin I'm for do?
Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jul 20, 2012
yankidelta:

Who your papa be and wetin I'm for do?

Carry cutlass cut Fashola head now grin
Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by buchai: 7:55pm On Jul 20, 2012
Fashola wil neva 4get dis act either gud or bad d future wl decide who's 2 blame. 2 me evrybodi's opinon counts but let d political future decide 4 him who is ryt n wrong.
Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by alienware(m): 8:03pm On Jul 20, 2012
ndu_chucks:

First of all, I simply stated a undisputed fact that there are some online fools lurking around NL, possibly including you.

You, on the other hand called me stupid. Pray tell, in your infinite wisdom, which one of us stated facts and which one did the insulting.
have you considered suing your brain for non-support ?
Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by ojinku(m): 10:03pm On Jul 20, 2012
::Andrew:::
fashola was very lucky it wasnt my dad he met grin grin

That col. is a cool one. Bloody civilians grin grin grin grin
Na true na. If na ur dad him for lie down 4 ground, crying begging and swearing dat he can't do it againoooooo.
Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by abysirius(m): 11:02pm On Jul 20, 2012
emsquare:

True!
Soldiers are not gods. Are they? If they're in government may be I'll understand and reason with you guys. This is a democratic regime and nobody, I mean no one is above the law. A guy wrote up there and I quote him: he said Fashola was lucky to have met a gentle soldier. Tell me, what would he have done if he had not been a gentle 1? Slap him or ignore him. he had done something silly and I'm sure by now he would have been counting his days in the NA already. Fashola is a governor though but he's bigger than some countries president. May be it's high time they began to check their excesses. When u try it with an helpless civilian, u may get away with it but not with the no 1 citizen of Lagos, a SAN for that matter. Abeg make we leave talk..
Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by GreenJ(m): 1:31am On Jul 21, 2012
To mature NL, are we really in a democratic regime? when people protest against bad govt the next thing you
see are soldiers on the street by the democratic govt. During subsidy protest its the same, so who will tell
the soldiers that we are now in democracy, the same corrupt govt that will bring the Army to keep people quiet
so for them to have their ways, also Fasola is using them for internal security in Lag and some people are
saying we don't see soldiers in town in advance country, when will Naija get there?
Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by SisiKill1: 1:53am On Jul 21, 2012
jaybee:

This picture is taken on board a flight. so i don't know what you are insinuating.

You know what. . .I took another look at the picture and I think you are right!

They are on board the The Presidential Plane. . .I hear the plane is so freaking huge, it is has it's own stadium.

This would explain the outside-y look of the picture.

Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by anyaekekehinde(m): 8:16am On Jul 21, 2012
kefmawin: http://www.kefmawin.com/2012/07/20/governors-arrest-of-senior-military-officer/

The news of the arrest of the colonel by the Lagos state governor seem to have been over celebrated by the media and the general public.
Before making any conclusion or taking any position. We need to look at it the predicament more closely and objectively and then weigh the implication.
First and foremost, it is acknowledged that it was not right for the military officer to have broken traffic rule.
In any case, the governor should have applied some tact in handling the situation.
A colonel in the Nigerian Army deserves to be treated with respect especially in minor cases of traffic matters which is not a genocide or criminal offense.
The senior officer was courteous enough to salute and apologize to the Governor for the breach.
I acknowledge the goodwill and forthrightness of the governor. I truly respect and love him.
However, his action on this matter appears to be an over reaction and tend to portray him as playing to the gallery even though that may not be his intention.
This action could have damaging effect on him and on the entire nation. In view of the current state of the nation, actions capable of creating cold war or bad blood should be handled more professionally.
The governor should have applied tact and diplomacy by just calling the officer to order instead of the arrest for the following reasons:

Exigencies and peculiarity of the military function
The rank of the officer involved who could be a military administrator or even a Head of State in a military rule
The risk and hazard this men go through to ensure the security of the nation within and without
http://www.kefmawin.com/category/current-affairs/
The truth is that the military still appear to me like the most disciplined set of people you can find in this nation
My conclusion is that when a military man is found wanting in any matter that is not criminal, the best step to take is to report him to his superiors within the military who would naturally take appropriate disciplinary measure. This is far better better than trying to use civilians to embarrass them.
These men truly deserve our respect.
Kindly respond by voting on the opinion poll on the link below lets know your opinion
http://www.kefmawin.com/2012/07/20/governors-arrest-of-senior-military-officer/

let that naijababe with deranged mind read this piece. Fashola that is arresting a Colonel must have done worse things in his government or is fashola a saint. Fashola dat is governor wuld hav abused his powers befor except you dont want to be pragmatic in your reasoning. So why will fashole treat this colonel as if he those not commit crime that is worthy of disgrace. Dis is my philosophy, whoever must come to equity must come with clean hands. He should have applied wisdom and tact in dealing with the senior millitary guy. I believe fashola was just executing that traffic law like an homo sapien with a little bit low IQ and sense of Judgement.
Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by antitpiah: 8:20am On Jul 21, 2012
anyaekekehinde:

let that naijababe with deranged mind read this piece. Fashola that is arresting a Colonel must have done worse things in his government or is fashola a saint. Fashola dat is governor wuld hav abused his powers befor except you dont want to be pragmatic in your reasoning. So why will fashole treat this colonel as if he those not commit crime that is worthy of disgrace. Dis is my philosophy, whoever must come to equity must come with clean hands. He should have applied wisdom and tact in dealing with the senior millitary guy. I believe fashola was just executing that traffic law like an homo sapien with a little bit low IQ and sense of Judgement.

You and your obsession with NB. Are you into MILFs?
Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by Sheguama: 12:30pm On Jul 21, 2012
Money wen I get na him I dey bowwo u so Oga Fash. Abeg thread sofly sofly with d military o.
Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by FrankC3: 4:25pm On Jul 21, 2012
Would Fashola had 'arrested' Soyinka or Tinubu or even Bisi Akande for driving on BRT lane?
Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jul 22, 2012
antitpiah:

You and your obsession with NB. Are you into MILFs?

Lord Voldemort, don't feed the troll now! Abi, u wan get rival for trolling ni?
Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by profstar(m): 6:24am On Oct 26, 2012
lacasa: Foolish country Foolish people.
then you yourself must b e a n i*d*i*o*t , are you a nigerian? And you call your fatherland foolish, is like you looking your father in the eye and tell him he's foolish. And how dare you call us foolish, am sure you are immature that's y you handle words carelessly. S t u p i d foolish BOY

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Your First And Second Choice For President In 2023 / 800m Walk: Sowore Shades Buhari & Atiku. Shares His Own Photos / Sowore Discharged, Returns Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.