Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,208 members, 7,815,219 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:11 AM

Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? (45137 Views)

Dead Body Of Colonel Samaila Inusa Killed By Kidnappers (Photos) / First Day At Work, Ambode Goes After Fashola’s Loyalists, Sacks Fashola’s Sister / After Fashola,who Is Next In Lagos State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by EkoIle1: 10:41pm On Jul 19, 2012
Sky Blue:

They do it because they have the gun. They are nothing but bullies. Stop trying to paint a picture of valiant gallantry that does not exist. When it comes to civillian interaction, the Nigerian military tends to be nothing more than common bullies. Yes, they are so gallant that they cut qeueus, extort money, and break traffic laws to get ahead. Very valiant. Sing it to the ignorant please.

Well said, but that poster is a troll and you are getting trolled. Quit wasting your time on trolls.
Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by jumpmasta(m): 10:48pm On Jul 19, 2012
tonyx4x44: I hate nigerian soldiers with passion! The believe they are above all laws and norms
u are an idiot
Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by GenOrumov: 10:51pm On Jul 19, 2012
This is the foolishness that exists in the Nigerian society. Even soldiers that are regarded as disciplined beings always act in a disorganized and uncivilised manner. It is only in Nigeria that you will see an individual being punished for wrong doing and you will see the colleagues of the offender run riot or declare strike just because their fellow member was rightly punished. This is one of the mentalities that is dragging Nigeria backward.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by Fopening: 10:52pm On Jul 19, 2012
BRF should not task this incident to what happen to there leader, it should be treat with different approcah & to be careful about it. Afterall, no country survive without their forces.
Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by tpia5: 10:58pm On Jul 19, 2012
Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by tpia5: 10:58pm On Jul 19, 2012
It is only in Nigerian that you will see an individual being punished for wrong doing and you will see the colleagues of the offenders run riot or declare strike just because their fellow member was rightly punished. This is one of the mentalities that is dragging Nigeria backward.

true talk.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by tribalism(m): 11:03pm On Jul 19, 2012
lagos is part of nigeria, so i'll make my contribution based on that. in nigeria certain category of persons are above the law and am sure LASMA officials know better. when the man in the car confidently took the car key from the driver, the LASMA officials should have made effort to find out who he is first. am not saying that is right but in nigeria we play safe.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by Ardedaryor(m): 11:03pm On Jul 19, 2012
no own is above d law jooor, but its quite an interestin story.....
Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by Sunofgod(m): 11:09pm On Jul 19, 2012
tribalism: lagos is part of nigeria, so i'll make my contribution based on that. in nigeria certain category of persons are above the law and am sure LASMA officials know better. when the man in the car confidently took the car key from the driver, the LASMA officials should have made effort to find out who he is first. am not saying that is right but in nigeria we play safe.

Fashola has created a power struggle between the army and lastma . . .

Lives will most certainly be lost before this one is resolved.

Fashola ia a sucker to publicity!

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jul 19, 2012
Ardedaryor: no own is above d law jooor, but its quite an interestin story.....

Tu parle anglais?
Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by alienware(m): 11:18pm On Jul 19, 2012
omayyi :
o tell that to those who have never been to lagos. Lagos is one giant disorganised mess. There, people don't actually "live" they just "exist" . congestion, traffic, smelly environment, extortive rents etc, are all features of lagos. One giant sh1t hole, lag. So quit forming as if we are talking of Paris or Cape town here.
Thank you bro ! too many loosers on the streets of lagos, you need to take a walk on their streeet and see....... lots of touts and rogues. i wonder what is in lagos except for the filth and squalid congestion
Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by logica(m): 11:18pm On Jul 19, 2012
Do you guys arguing with these nitwits know you speaking with "soldiers" and their wards? Any creature with just a single brain cell will not speak on the side of these f00ls.

I just find it funny they think the era of the Babangidas and Abachas would last. It's long gone and never to return. This is the era of information where even a Secondary School kid can build an IED from browsing the Internet (not to talk of more deadly weapons). Was it not the same "Nigerian Army" that was unable to put an end to the rebellion in the creeks that the government had to beg them with "amnesty"? Were those creek boys in the Army? The "Army" should realize they are just an arm; a part of the body. If the arm tries to fight the body, it will be cut off.
Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by serrajay(m): 11:19pm On Jul 19, 2012
the truth is that those soldiers are powerful,and can only be controlled by their superior. that is the way Nigeria has been. the first step is to make every citizen equal
Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by Nobody: 11:22pm On Jul 19, 2012
alienware: Thank you bro ! too many loosers on the streets of lagos, you need to take a walk on their streeet and see....... lots of touts and rogues. i wonder what is in lagos except for the filth and squalid congestion

Let's know where you reside before you murder english..shiooorrrr!
Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by plato7: 11:25pm On Jul 19, 2012
[quote author=omayyi ]o tell that to those who have never been to lagos. Lagos is one giant disorganised mess. There, people don't actually "live" they just "exist" . congestion, traffic, smelly environment, extortive rents etc, are all features of lagos. One giant sh1t hole, lag. So quit forming as if we are talking of Paris or Cape town here.so why the hate village boy
]
Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by Nobody: 11:30pm On Jul 19, 2012
True talk.fashola gra-gra is too much.
ndu_chucks: Fashola should thread very carefully. Smart leaders keep the Army on their side at all times, at all costs.
Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by olumidazz: 11:40pm On Jul 19, 2012
I thought by now they would have rolled armoured tanks to alausa with colonel united kingdom bello in command instead of cheap demonstration, oloshious and oloribukuous people
Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by dayokanu(m): 11:48pm On Jul 19, 2012
Can they show the same anger and frustration on Boko Haram in Yobe?
Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by alienware(m): 12:07am On Jul 20, 2012
Julieccentric:

Let's know where you reside before you murder english..shiooorrrr!
what do u mean shiooorrr ? You are so narrow minded when u walk your earings knock together.
Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by igboboy1(m): 12:13am On Jul 20, 2012
Eko Ile:

All you have to offer is your re...tarded igbotic cave man rubbish and you can shove it inside your backward igbotic a.....as

small boy learn to deliver your point in a civilized manner....

Just because Oke was frolicking with your momsie last night does not mean oke is okechukwu(igbo). Oke could have been okeoluwa (which is not igbo)...take a chill pill dear mr ACN media minister,lagos branch grin

3 Likes

Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by Ganys: 12:25am On Jul 20, 2012
tonyx4x44: I hate nigerian soldiers with passion! The believe they are above all laws and norms
Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by Ganys: 12:26am On Jul 20, 2012
Those Currupt Politician that swindle your Money abroad, Are they BELOW the law? cry
Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by logica(m): 12:33am On Jul 20, 2012
Ganys:
Those Currupt Politician that swindle your Money abroad, Are they BELOW the law? cry
Swindle? Oh OK, you mean "embezzle". Anyway, what do politicians have to do with this? We are speaking of soldiers here. When we want to talk about politicians, you can show face. By the way, speaking of which are most of the lead politicians not retired soldiers? The Obasanjos, the Babangidas, etc?
Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by Onlytruth(m): 12:45am On Jul 20, 2012
One really gets the true sense of how BAD things are back home when one reads this type of opinion, and realizes that majority of those in the corridors of power in Nigeria actually think like this. sad

ndu_chucks: Fashola should thread very carefully. Smart leaders keep the Army on their side at all times, at all costs.

So, we are basically fked because our soldiers must be appeased, even if they s.hit in the streets, and if you don't let them do that then you are not smart? sad
So, who is smart in Nigeria: a man who insists on the law, or another who support lawlessness simply because soldiers are involved?
I cannot REMOTELY connect these Nigerian army men with the quality of the men we had in army in the 60s. How things have changed!
Quite sad. sad
Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by Onlytruth(m): 12:53am On Jul 20, 2012
In any case, I think time has come to relocate military barracks to remote areas. We don't need soldiers living in cities. The US soldiers I see sometimes while on high-speed subway trains all pay fares and are very calm and civil. Again whenever in uniforms, they are always either on their way going home from camp (barracks), or on their way to the barracks. Otherwise they are never in uniforms! They don't wear uniforms to travel around while running errands. I could be wrong about this because I hardly see them (their barracks are far away)!
We are under a civilian government; when will the barracks be relocated to remote areas?
Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by wisdomolusola: 1:10am On Jul 20, 2012
Nuisance who took laws into their hands. Let them come to the North and finish their undone task. Marafucker! God punish the Devil and enemies of PEACE in our Land. Carry on BRT
Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by Detongue: 1:43am On Jul 20, 2012
Reptyle:

So those two mumu soldiers in the picture stood by and allowed their faces to be captured on photo...dem oga go use dem do scapegoat grin

unknown soldiers[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by femmy2010(m): 1:56am On Jul 20, 2012

Even if they claim to be above the law?
Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by nduchucks: 2:23am On Jul 20, 2012
Onlytruth: One really gets the true sense of how BAD things are back home when one reads this type of
So, we are basically fked because our soldiers must be appeased, even if they s.hit in the streets, and if you don't let them do that then you are not smart? sad
So, who is smart in Nigeria: a man who insists on the law, or another who support lawlessness simply because soldiers are involved?
I cannot REMOTELY connect these Nigerian army men with the quality of the men we had in army in the 60s. How things have changed!
Quite sad. sad

Eze, mechionu gi. Why did you ignore all the posts where I refused to condone the actions of the soldiers who violated traffic laws?

They need to find ways to enforce the laws without resorting to publicly humiliating the very few Army officers who violate them. It makes common sense. We all agree that violating any law is bad and should not go unchecked.

If I were you, I wouldn't disparage our fine officers because of the actions of a few bad apples. These officers have fought on our behalf and some died in the process, when they go out and represent us in peace keeping and other operations. Many return without limbs and others return as decorated heros.

Most of you online fools and warriors will never come closed to making 0.0005% of the sacrifices made by most of the fine Army officers you are villifying here. Egbe ndi Israeli piafuka gi isi to all of una.

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by lagcity(m): 3:14am On Jul 20, 2012
indisciplined vagabonds. you correct them for their wrongs, then they do more wrong. angry
Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by Nobody: 3:31am On Jul 20, 2012
they Should look for an outskirt land outside Lagos to build Barracks becos Soldiers cannot mingle with society.
Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by Nobody: 3:34am On Jul 20, 2012
What will ur DAD do slap Fashola for telling him to obey the laws. Is that not wat soldiers are for to protect the law and its people..bloody civilians my a...s..s.. common boko Haram they cant even fight them...mscheew
::Andrew:::
fashola was very lucky it wasnt my dad he met grin grin

That col. is a cool one. Bloody civilians grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Thousands Troop Out To Support President Muhammadu Buhari In Kaduna [PHOTOS] / Obaseki: We Fought Edo Local Godfather, We'll Fight Real One Disturbing Nigeria / Your First And Second Choice For President In 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.