Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,974 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:13 AM

Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? (45133 Views)

Dead Body Of Colonel Samaila Inusa Killed By Kidnappers (Photos) / First Day At Work, Ambode Goes After Fashola’s Loyalists, Sacks Fashola’s Sister / After Fashola,who Is Next In Lagos State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by ayobase(m): 9:33am On Jul 20, 2012
Reptyle:

So those two mumu soldiers in the picture stood by and allowed their faces to be captured on photo...dem oga go use dem do scapegoat grin

Picture is not as dramatic as motion picture.
Its easily denied since it depicts nothing!
Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by dasparrow: 9:42am On Jul 20, 2012
@Post

If soldiers cannot observe the law of the land, then they have no right to purnish civilians who break the law. Its that simple. Why does everything in our beloved country have to be so unorganized? So, soldiers are now taking out their frustrations on other non military officers? Nigeria will hail thee. Backward ever, forward never.
Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by Okijajuju1(m): 9:57am On Jul 20, 2012
I said this on the post where Fashola did that thing that this will not go down easy!

Fashola just made LASTMA an endangered specie... grin
Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by mrperfect(m): 9:59am On Jul 20, 2012
Glad there is peace now.
Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by Nobody: 10:09am On Jul 20, 2012
nipeks001: They should dealt with accordingly.NOBODY IS ABOVE THE LAW.
that does nt mean,dat mere task force should arrest an army colnel..damn rubish
Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by Demdem(m): 10:13am On Jul 20, 2012
agabasam:
that does nt mean,dat mere task force should arrest an army colnel..damn rubish

If he doesnt want that then he should limit his lawlessness in his barracks. No one, even a General is above the law.
Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by Ufeolorun(m): 10:31am On Jul 20, 2012
You go to some of their facilities and you might see some basic stuff not functioning and no one to fix it. Normally we should have the best engineers in our military but noway! you will amazed at the shocking incompetence within.
They only go about denigrating the whole essence of service
Shior
Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by alienware(m): 10:50am On Jul 20, 2012
ndu_chucks:

Eze, mechionu gi. Why did you ignore all the posts where I refused to condone the actions of the soldiers who violated traffic laws?

They need to find ways to enforce the laws without resorting to publicly humiliating the very few Army officers who violate them. It makes common sense. We all agree that violating any law is bad and should not go unchecked.

If I were you, I wouldn't disparage our fine officers because of the actions of a few bad apples. These officers have fought on our behalf and some died in the process, when they go out and represent us in peace keeping and other operations. Many return without limbs and others return as decorated heros.
"MOST OF YOU ONLINE FOOLS" and warriors will never come closed to making 0.0005% of the sacrifices made by most of the fine Army officers you are villifying here. Egbe ndi Israeli piafuka gi isi to all of una.
why will u call people online fools ? People should learn to say their opinion without insulting people here & as for u, u are so stupid that u stared at an orange juice box because it says concetrate. Don't insult anybody here or else........
Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by 2rut: 10:51am On Jul 20, 2012
Gov Fashola was wrong to arrest a senior Army officer. A disgrace to entire arm forces and citizens of Nigeria. He should have used more civilized approach colonel in Nigeria army represents entire nation while Gov Fashola represents entire Lagos state. Anyway, Gov fashola is lucky; a flag officer will command his aides de camp to double up fashola
Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by Sobams07: 10:52am On Jul 20, 2012
Everybody dey blame soja una no even ask y d soja no allow d taskforce carry key of d moto mayb d car get mechanical problem if no b so person go just go pack 4 middle of road does taskforce self i 2 know dey worry dem soja no like cheating

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by Watchit1: 11:02am On Jul 20, 2012
I don't know how people reason, a solder is a solder by virtue of training and gun in his possession, and same time they still human being, or as they be solder if the same is shut with gun, would they not die,

NO be the same so call bloody civilians are drafted and train to be what so ever abeg let not spoil this conutry any further, the lawless is the foundation of our problem, if the people who people look up to are the one braking the law, what do expect of the people under them, any little opportunity individual would get is to do what the leader do
And to spoil the whole thing a solder, even an officer who is assumed trained and disciplined. No NO, let called spade a spade, and then they came out like they are retaliating against the govern, No it is a disgrace to the profession,
Military is highly regarded, committed discipline profession, not just area boys in military uniform, When an officer is err, he take correction and the discipline like a solder, anyway that is what you see when you have wrong people in a wrong place

Let lend our to condemn wrong together and applaud that which together as well with this we will make progress, divided we fall, together we make progress
Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by 2rut: 11:03am On Jul 20, 2012
To arrest a senior army officer is a big slap on Nigeria arm forces.Gov fashola is not a police officer.he should take note and querry the officer on duty. Pls remember fela vs soldiers (Zombie na zombie all over the world).Fashola take note you may not survive the war?
Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by jaybee(f): 11:07am On Jul 20, 2012
Sisi_Kill: Oh just look at them!!

Our Pride and Joy!!

Aren't they precious?

Shhhhhhhhssshh. . .don't wake them up

Hush li'l babies don't you cry
momma's gonna buy you a machine gun car
and if that machince gun car don't start
Momma's gonna buy you a BRT Bus.
So you can drive on the BRT lane

This picture is taken on board a flight. so i don't know what you are insinuating.
Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by FBS: 11:10am On Jul 20, 2012
2rut: Gov Fashola was wrong to arrest a senior Army officer. A disgrace to entire arm forces and citizens of Nigeria. He should have used more civilized approach colonel in Nigeria army represents entire nation while Gov Fashola represents entire Lagos state. Anyway, Gov fashola is lucky; a flag officer will command his aides de camp to double up fashola
For where? undecided Bet only for naija? SMH!
Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by Okijajuju1(m): 11:13am On Jul 20, 2012
jaybee:

This picture is taken on board a flight. so i don't know what you are insinuating.

Niqqa say what?!!!!!!!!!!!!! shocked

Are you a Politician?! Abi you think say we never enter plane before?!

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by Urine: 11:16am On Jul 20, 2012
Having read through all the comments, its obvious this country is doomed. So its okay for some set of people to be above the law? We deserve the type of leaders we get. No sensible person should dream of occupying political office in this country.
Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by Phrankin(m): 11:17am On Jul 20, 2012
Iolo: Why are our journalists like this?
Since when did a lieutenant become a "top military official".

Rids the reporter and story of any credibility even if likely true.
exactly what i was thinking.
Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by charles424(m): 11:39am On Jul 20, 2012
Let's all get one thing in our head I mean the civillians here passing comments...the senior officer here never complain or disrespect the Gov Fashola,he came down from his vehincle and appologise to the Gov,what else do you all want??
This show he never show himself as above the law...why not let the sleeping dog lies?
The democracy you are all cracy about did they learn their lesson??if not fashola,okorocha?who else,is it bankole?lawan farook or the northern elders who are sponsoring boko haram?Tell me the divident of democracy that you see all around the country? My people enough of bad comments on our military,they will sort out things themselves.
Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by Nobody: 11:53am On Jul 20, 2012
jaybee:

Whaaaaaaaaaat!?! Gaddem!!! Not from you of all people.
Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by Okijajuju1(m): 11:53am On Jul 20, 2012
charles424: Let's all get one thing in our head I mean the civillians here passing comments...the senior officer here never complain or disrespect the Gov Fashola,he came down from his vehincle and appologise to the Gov,what else do you all want??
This show he never show himself as above the law...why not let the sleeping dog lies?
The democracy you are all cracy about did they learn their lesson??if not fashola,okorocha?who else,is it bankole?lawan farook or the northern elders who are sponsoring boko haram?Tell me the divident of democracy that you see all around the country? My people enough of bad comments on our military,they will sort out things themselves.

You need to seriously shut the fhcuk up!!

Nuff said!! angry

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by bonna4u(m): 11:54am On Jul 20, 2012
Sobams07: Everybody dey blame soja una no even ask y d soja no allow d taskforce carry key of d moto mayb d car get mechanical problem if no b so person go just go pack 4 middle of road does taskforce self i 2 know dey worry dem soja no like cheating
Exactly my thought. No one in his right senses would just park his vehicle in the middle of the road. Some of those lasma guy do bully and intimidate road users at times due to the small power given to 'em by Lagos State Govt.
That said though, I am not in any way supporting the act of these soldiers since they could've settled the matter in a more civilized way.
Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by 2old4that(m): 12:19pm On Jul 20, 2012
lacasa: Foolish country Foolish people.

Exactly!

What's wrong wit someone trying to maintain the law. I see no wrong in what Fashola did.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by andrewza: 12:22pm On Jul 20, 2012
AT OP

Regardless of the why it seems your military is only loyal to its self. If this had taken place in RSA they would have been suspended pending a trail. Last time the SANDF had solders challenge the law in the streets they lost there jobs. And not even a (civilian) court order could get them back in.

There is no place in a organized military for unruly solders. Solders like that will get people killed in a war.
Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by nduchucks: 12:31pm On Jul 20, 2012
alienware: why will u call people online fools ? People should learn to say their opinion without insulting people here & as for u, u are so stupid that u stared at an orange juice box because it says concetrate. Don't insult anybody here or else........

First of all, I simply stated a undisputed fact that there are some online fools lurking around NL, possibly including you.

You, on the other hand called me stupid. Pray tell, in your infinite wisdom, which one of us stated facts and which one did the insulting.
Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by 2Mekus: 12:42pm On Jul 20, 2012
When did Lagos State Taskforce on Environmental and Special Offences (Enforcement) Unit become Federal Road Safety Corps, Police or the so-called LASTMA to arrest motorists? The problem is that every single area-boy in Lagos State-owned uniform sees himself as authority on the road and thus has the power to arrest other road users. You need to see some of them behave even worse than soldiers and yet they have the guts to arrest other traffic offenders.

Fashola need to curb the excesses of those boys by educating them properly on the limitation of their duties. They are worse than soldiers and police combined.
Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by kefmawin: 12:45pm On Jul 20, 2012
http://www.kefmawin.com/2012/07/20/governors-arrest-of-senior-military-officer/

The news of the arrest of the a colonel by the Lagos state governor seem to have been over celebrated by the media and the general public.
Before making any conclusion or taking any position. We need to look at it the predicament more closely and objectively and then weigh the implication.
First and foremost, it is acknowledged that it was not right for the military officer to have broken traffic rule.
In any case, the governor should have applied some tact in handling the situation.
A colonel in the Nigerian Army deserves to be treated with respect especially in minor cases of traffic matters which is not a genocide or criminal offense.
The senior officer was courteous enough to salute and apologize to the Governor for the breach.
I acknowledge the goodwill and forthrightness of the governor. I truly respect and love him.
However, his action on this matter appears to be an over reaction and tend to portray him as playing to the gallery even though that may not be his intention.
This action could have damaging effect on him and on the entire nation. In view of the current state of the nation, actions capable of creating cold war or bad blood should be handled more professionally.
The governor should have applied tact and diplomacy by just calling the officer to order instead of the arrest for the following reasons:

Exigencies and peculiarity of the military function
The rank of the officer involved who could be a military administrator or even a Head of State in a military rule
The risk and hazard this men go through to ensure the security of the nation within and without

The truth is that the military still appear to me like the most disciplined set of people you can find in this nation
My conclusion is that when a military man is found wanting in any matter that is not criminal, the best step to take is to report him to his superiors within the military who would naturally take appropriate disciplinary measure. This is far better better than trying to use civilians to embarrass them.
These men truly deserve our respect.
Kindly respond by voting on the opinion poll on the link below lets know your opinion

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by ikpoba1: 12:53pm On Jul 20, 2012
Dear all,

By the time soldiers are through with LASTMA terrorising Lagos. You will know the soldiers are UNKNOWN soldiers. If you love your life, better keep off the scene.
Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by jaybee(f): 1:02pm On Jul 20, 2012
2rut: Gov Fashola was wrong to arrest a senior Army officer. A disgrace to entire arm forces and citizens of Nigeria. He should have used more civilized approach colonel in Nigeria army represents entire nation while Gov Fashola represents entire Lagos state. Anyway, Gov fashola is lucky; a flag officer will command his aides de camp to double up fashola

2rut: To arrest a senior army officer is a big slap on Nigeria arm forces.Gov fashola is not a police officer.he should take note and querry the officer on duty. Pls remember fela vs soldiers (Zombie na zombie all over the world).Fashola take note you may not survive the war?

What Gov. Fashola did is in perfect order. Governor is not supposed to look at somebody's face before arresting the person(s). it could have been any other person. decides he did hot take the officer into custody; he reprimanded him when he discovered that he is an officer. Governor Fashola is the chief security officer in Lagos State. if hr has the power to order arrest, the he can as well arrest. no ultravires there.

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by barnaby04(m): 1:21pm On Jul 20, 2012
ndu_chucks: Fashola should thread very carefully. Smart leaders keep the Army on their side at all times, at all costs.

SORRY BROS, NOT AT THE HEIGHT OF INDISCIPLINE WOULD ANYONE TOLERATE SUCH, DISCIPLINE IS THE HALLMARK OF THE MILITARY WORLD OVER, WHY MUST WE CELEBRATE OR CONDONE INDISCIPLINE IN NIGERIA BY THOSE THAT KNOWS THE IMPLICATIONS OF FLAUNTING RULES AND ORDERS BETTER IN THE SOCIETY?
Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by kefmawin: 1:24pm On Jul 20, 2012

The news of the arrest of the colonel by the Lagos state governor seem to have been over celebrated by the media and the general public.
Before making any conclusion or taking any position. We need to look at it the predicament more closely and objectively and then weigh the implication.
First and foremost, it is acknowledged that it was not right for the military officer to have broken traffic rule.
In any case, the governor should have applied some tact in handling the situation.
A colonel in the Nigerian Army deserves to be treated with respect especially in minor cases of traffic matters which is not a genocide or criminal offense.
The senior officer was courteous enough to salute and apologize to the Governor for the breach.
I acknowledge the goodwill and forthrightness of the governor. I truly respect and love him.
However, his action on this matter appears to be an over reaction and tend to portray him as playing to the gallery even though that may not be his intention.
This action could have damaging effect on him and on the entire nation. In view of the current state of the nation, actions capable of creating cold war or bad blood should be handled more professionally.
The governor should have applied tact and diplomacy by just calling the officer to order instead of the arrest for the following reasons:

Exigencies and peculiarity of the military function
The rank of the officer involved who could be a military administrator or even a Head of State in a military rule
The risk and hazard this men go through to ensure the security of the nation within and without
http://www.kefmawin.com/category/current-affairs/
The truth is that the military still appear to me like the most disciplined set of people you can find in this nation
My conclusion is that when a military man is found wanting in any matter that is not criminal, the best step to take is to report him to his superiors within the military who would naturally take appropriate disciplinary measure. This is far better better than trying to use civilians to embarrass them.
These men truly deserve our respect.
Kindly respond by voting on the opinion poll on the link below lets know your opinion
Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by redsun(m): 1:27pm On Jul 20, 2012
Nigerian soldiers are barbaric zombies that constantly thinks that in a war zone,hence their inherent animalistic behaviour.And they have been getting away with because nigeria is a rogue state where common sense and basic societal laws are not upheld.
Re: Soldiers Go Wild After Fashola’s ‘Humiliation’ Of Colonel? by redsun(m): 1:28pm On Jul 20, 2012
jaybee:

I bet those pot bellied muderfuckers were snoring.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Buhari Has No Problem Shaking Hands With Females (photos) / Adekunle Akinlade Emerges APC Ogun Governorship Candidate / Leaked Tapes: Tinubu Calls Igbos 'Awon Okoros'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.