Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,229 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:09 AM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (105) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (889363 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) ... (432) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by didymario7(m): 8:34pm On Mar 11, 2017
adanny01:

In addition to what GAZZUZZ suggested, i think you should do oil pressure test to be sure oil pump works. If this is bad, your engine will be dead soon if you continue driving.

Thanks bro. I appreciate this. Still searching for good Honda mechanic.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by uchlukez(f): 11:12pm On Mar 13, 2017
@luvinghubby, do you have original Honda engine oil 0w-20?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by tushbobo(m): 2:45pm On Mar 14, 2017
tushbobo:
My ogas... Please my honda eod 2005's V6 engine rattles and drags at lower gears... It also rattles when stationary. At higher gears, the rattling and dragging is still present but reduced. What could be the cause?? If you were standing in front of the car, the noise seems to come from the left of the engine... Thanks in advance.

My ogas still waiting for a response. Thanks.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:15pm On Mar 14, 2017
tushbobo:

My ogas still waiting for a response. Thanks.

isolate the source of the rattle. Top or bottom? Is there a buildup of sludge in the engine?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by okesuku: 10:05pm On Mar 15, 2017
Pls where can I get a reliable Honda mechanic in Abuja. My Honda Ex 2003 4 cylinder engine takes a lot of fuel , the gear transmission is not smooth..It jerks when changing gear, and there is a noticeable vibration when I accelerate...
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by scripted(m): 5:11am On Mar 16, 2017
if you're in Lagos, call 09030846334 Kento AutoCare services
didymario7:

I have had my fair share of terrible mechanics in d past. Could u Pls recommend a good Honda mechanic who can move around??
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by okesuku: 9:00am On Mar 16, 2017
okesuku:
Pls where can I get a reliable Honda mechanic in Abuja. My Honda Ex 2003 4 cylinder engine takes a lot of fuel , the gear transmission is not smooth..It jerks when changing gear, and there is a noticeable vibration when I accelerate...
I am in Abuja
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by femorra(m): 8:29pm On Mar 16, 2017
Hello all, i have a problem with my Honda Accord 2003, it runs fine with no issues but every time i buy fuel the car dies when i start the engine at the filling station. this happens only when i buy fuel. i can park it for 3 days and it will start once. but when i buy fuel it will start and quench like 4 times. pls help
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:36am On Mar 17, 2017
femorra:
Hello all, i have a problem with my Honda Accord 2003, it runs fine with no issues but every time i buy fuel the car dies when i start the engine at the filling station. this happens only when i buy fuel. i can park it for 3 days and it will start once. but when i buy fuel it will start and quench like 4 times. pls help

evap purge control solenoid stuck open.

If your engine is V6 it will look like the first picture.

4cylinder you will have to search a bit but you will find it.

Replace part and you will be fine 100per

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kingreign(m): 6:51am On Mar 17, 2017
okesuku:
I am in Abuja
07034581213, call me
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by searchng4love: 12:22pm On Mar 17, 2017
numen:
My Maintenance Tips:

1.) Change Engine Oil every 3000km (I use Mobil)
2.) Use Oando's Dexron II for the Gear Box (Abro will knock your gear) - (already mentioned)
3.) While driving be mindful not to always turn the steering to the last possible angle(helps the shaft)
4.) If you have an open roof, periodically clean the drainage hole to avoid water leaking into the car
5.) Vibrating Sound infront of the car? Check your engine sitting(already mentioned)
6.) Your single pipe radiator which used to work might not be the cause of your current over-heating...Check your water pump!
7.) Your car is not accelerating according to pedal pressure? Timing Belt might be the culprit.

Just my 2cents guys. Hope this helps someone. I luv this thread like I luv my Honda.
This oil change intervals is all shades of wrong.. honda prescribed 10000 miles if I remember correctly
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:52pm On Mar 17, 2017
searchng4love:

This oil change intervals is all shades of wrong.. honda prescribed 10000 miles if I remember correctly

8. Don't post false information on Nairaland.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by searchng4love: 1:16pm On Mar 17, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

Correct it
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Flyingman(m): 11:57pm On Mar 19, 2017
My people, how una dey? Abeg I need some advice from the gurus. I took my car (2008 accord coupe) for a spray job with no issues. Only to get it back with a difficult issue. The 'D' light blinks from the moment I turn the key to ignition and when driving. The car shift perfectly. Scanned it with my low cost scanner and it came up with no error codes, tried with a good scanner and got U0122 - FCAN something something which I believe is the VSA or so. What could possibly make the D-light blinks? I only asked the electrician to fix my fog light.
Checked the tranny oil and it's intact.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:08am On Mar 20, 2017
Flyingman:
My people, how una dey? Abeg I need some advice from the gurus. I took my car (2008 accord coupe) for a spray job with no issues. Only to get it back with a difficult issue. The 'D' light blinks from the moment I turn the key to ignition and when driving. The car shift perfectly. Scanned it with my low cost scanner and it came up with no error codes, tried with a good scanner and got U0122 - FCAN something something which I believe is the VSA or so. What could possibly make the D-light blinks? I only asked the electrician to fix my fog light.

a rodent ate somthing
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by AutoElectNG: 11:16am On Mar 20, 2017
Flyingman:

U = Network Code (wiring Bus)
0 = Generic OBD Code defined by SAE
1 = Fuel and Air Metering
22 = Specific Code for the Exact problem of this ride, we need to consult the code books to tell us what/which circuit and component is at fault
which yields the following information:

(SAE definition): Lost Communication With Vehicle Dynamics Control (VDC) Module
Honda Definition: F-CAN malfunction - ECM/PCM to VSA modulator control unit)

In summary:
Wiring Fault

To fix requires access to vehicle wiring diagram, get a mechanic who is comfortable with electrical/electronic issues and troubleshooting that follows manufacturer guidelines for a fit and proper fix

Tip: Quick-Fix since you said the vehicle just came back from the spray shop

They might have:

1. damaged the 2 pin connector shown in the picture above
OR
2. failed to reconnect firmly after completing the work you gave them.

Untrained mechanics/auto service professionals do not realize just how important it is to pay attention to wires and connectors (electrical and electronics)

Was this vehicle involved in an accident?

If that don't work, then you will have to pay for more heavy duty troubleshooting!

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Flyingman(m): 8:58pm On Mar 20, 2017
AutoElectNG:

U = Network Code (wiring Bus)
0 = Generic OBD Code defined by SAE
1 = Fuel and Air Metering
22 = Specific Code for the Exact problem of this ride, we need to consult the code books to tell us what/which circuit and component is at fault
which yields the following information:

(SAE definition): Lost Communication With Vehicle Dynamics Control (VDC) Module
Honda Definition: F-CAN malfunction - ECM/PCM to VSA modulator control unit)

In summary:
Wiring Fault

To fix requires access to vehicle wiring diagram, get a mechanic who is comfortable with electrical/electronic issues and troubleshooting that follows manufacturer guidelines for a fit and proper fix

Tip: Quick-Fix since you said the vehicle just came back from the spray shop

They might have:

1. damaged the 2 pin connector shown in the picture above
OR
2. failed to reconnect firmly after completing the work you gave them.

Untrained mechanics/auto service professionals do not realize just how important it is to pay attention to wires and connectors (electrical and electronics)

Was this vehicle involved in an accident?

If that don't work, then you will have to pay for more heavy duty troubleshooting!

Oh God, are people this dumb? Do you believe I spent my whole Saturday with the mumu electrician troubleshooting this issue. Just popped up my hood and went straight to this location. Found out the wiring harness from the right side of the engine compartment wasn't connected to the left that's leading to the ECU/PCM. Connected the long 2 pin connector(C201) and the blinking is gone. Thanks so much. I truly appreciate.

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Flyingman(m): 9:01pm On Mar 20, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

a rodent ate somthing

I was thinking towards this direction after several attempts to let him know it's his fault. Thank God it's okay now. Appreciate sir.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by AutoElectNG: 9:26pm On Mar 20, 2017
Flyingman:

Oh God, are people this dumb? Do you believe I spent my whole Saturday with the mumu electrician troubleshooting this issue. Just popped up my hood and went straight to this location. Found out the wiring harness from the right side of the engine compartment wasn't connected to the left that's leading to the ECU/PCM. Connected the long 2 pin connector(C201) and the blinking is gone. Thanks so much. I truly appreciate.

Happy to help.

Sure do deserve a beer!

What do you think?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 8:25am On Mar 21, 2017
AutoElectNG:

Happy to help.

Sure do deserve a beer!

What do you think?

Two bottles if you ask me. cool

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by endy231: 5:26pm On Mar 21, 2017
I seriously need help with my Honda CRV 04. When i am driving, sometimes i observe that the car is not moving as fast as it should be when i throttle down ( its like something is holding the tyre back) when i stopped to observe the tyres. i noticed that the front right tyre was very very hot compared to the other tyres.
I took to car to a mechanic, i was introduced to and the guy said the master break was bad, i had to change that only to discover that the same issue happened again.
latest discovery is that, each time i notice the dragging and put off the ignition and put it back on, the dragging disappears and the car is free to drive well. This dragging doesnt happen everyday. i have been using the car that way, but scared that one day the ignition off and on trick might fail me.
advice needed please.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Flyingman(m): 7:36pm On Mar 21, 2017
AutoElectNG:

Happy to help.

Sure do deserve a beer!

What do you think?

You deserve a crate man lol
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nas00(m): 8:08pm On Mar 21, 2017
endy231:
I seriously need help with my Honda CRV 04. When i am driving, sometimes i observe that the car is not moving as fast as it should be when i throttle down ( its like something is holding the tyre back) when i stopped to observe the tyres. i noticed that the front right tyre was very very hot compared to the other tyres.
I took to car to a mechanic, i was introduced to and the guy said the master break was bad, i had to change that only to discover that the same issue happened again.
latest discovery is that, each time i notice the dragging and put off the ignition and put it back on, the dragging disappears and the car is free to drive well. This dragging doesnt happen everyday. i have been using the car that way, but scared that one day the ignition off and on trick might fail me.
advice needed please.

grin grin

Sorry, OP, make I laff small first.

How did you measure the differential temperature of the tyres?
Remember when driving, tyres are normally expected to heat up.

But seriously, I think you should consider fuel system or electrical issues.

How does your car behave at idle?
While experiencing this retarded acceleration, has your engine ever shut off on its own OR jerked?

Misfires should be ruled out.

You need to SCAN THE CAR to find out.

Cheers!
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:27am On Mar 22, 2017
endy231:
advice needed please.

faulty ABS pump.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Qasimak1: 6:56pm On Mar 23, 2017
depair:

what is the cost and can we have the pix
yes you can have the pix and the price is #280,000
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by PrinceBYC: 7:43pm On Mar 23, 2017
Dear Experts in the house, pls my 08 accord threw up the following codes. P0172, P1009, P0137, P0456. What do I need to fix and/or replace. Kindly advise me.

N.b the catalyst was evacuated last month as it was adjudged blocked, to save my engine.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:00am On Mar 24, 2017
PrinceBYC:
Dear Experts in the house, pls my 08 accord threw up the following codes. P0172, P1009, P0137, P0456. What do I need to fix and/or replace. Kindly advise me.

N.b the catalyst was evacuated last month as it was adjudged blocked, to save my engine.

P0172 system too rich bank1 (check o2 sensor, fix p1009 code)

P1009 HONDA Variable Valve Timing Control Advance Malfunction(check VVTI actuator on timing chain cover, you could have a sludge problem that has clogged the strainers, or a failed actuator)

P0137 o2 sensor, bank1 sensor2 circuit low voltage (check harness of O2 sensor replace sensor if faulty)

P0456 evaporative emission, small Leak detected (search for leaks this is the least of your problems)
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Olisa4all: 5:01pm On Mar 24, 2017
Got an Aux adapter for my 2006 Honda Accord, after being excited and all that I can play any song straight from my phone I got the dreaded Alternator Whine sound when the vehicle is on, can't even hear the songs clearly, does anyone have a solution?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Kjnwancaro: 5:48pm On Mar 24, 2017
Olisa4all:
Got an Aux adapter for my 2006 Honda Accord, after being excited and all that I can play any song straight from my phone I got the dreaded Alternator Whine sound when the vehicle is on, can't even hear the songs clearly, does anyone have a solution?

By Aux adapter do you mean car MP3 you plug on the cigar socket? If that's it then the device Is probably faulty.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Olisa4all: 6:10pm On Mar 24, 2017
Kjnwancaro:

By Aux adapter do you mean car MP3 you plug on the cigar socket? If that's it then the device Is probably faulty.

Not that, an actual aux adapter you connect to the back of the head unit and use the cd/Xm button to switch, got it off ebay.
P.S
I just found a solution online which involves opening up the adapter, will try it and revert

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by bubsykay: 6:29pm On Mar 24, 2017
Hi everyone, Please what do you think about 2004 model Honda Civic for personal use in Nigeria? Is it a great car considering maintenance and durability? heard the parts are expensive...... Please advice
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by justbazick: 9:25am On Mar 25, 2017
Does anyone have an idea the cost of fuel pump complete module for 2008 honda crv. Asking for a friend.

(1) (2) (3) ... (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) ... (432) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.