Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,290 members, 7,815,502 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:32 PM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (108) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (891083 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (433) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by jarkbauer: 4:07pm On Apr 05, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

what is the RPM reading when Engine is idling? Does your vehicle come with DRL? Is the DRL functional?

Finally get a multimeter and set voltage to DC 20V range, hold rpm at 0.8 (800RMP) place terminals on battery (do not disconnect terminals) check readings. Post information here.

Do not replace anything until you have answered these questions.

When it happened to a friend's Camry tiny light, they told him a diode was bad. and they put an external diode after a while the diode got burnt so he just changed the alternator and the problem was fixed. What is DRL. I am very interested in this too
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by connkg(m): 5:16pm On Apr 05, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

9am tomorrow.

Thank you!
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:33pm On Apr 05, 2017
igbsam:

Engine doesn't smoke, neither does it rattle. The issue is the engine that lays inside the bonnet of that car is a 2003 v6 Engine belong to Honda Odyssey. Thanks to Kazeem and my brother who went replacing the engine that came with it while i was away cos the previous one had its timming chain snapped and without knowledge on how vehicles work, he kept trying to start it which ended up bending almost all valves and to cover his doing without him having enough cash, kazeem advised he replaced it with odessey's engine which is cheaper compared to the actual EOD engine since he doesn't have the cash to do it so i won't find out. but guess what, it was glaring and i found out. Who no go recognize his engine of so many years when he sees it. He opened up. I was mad at him, but still na my blood. i forgave him. That was 2yrs ago. The car does run well though with a little hiccups, only some of its wires have been chopped off, some sockets are missing which i'm not comfortable with. I still had to drive it like that. He'll be rounding up his Service In October and he loves the car like mad, so i want to pass it to him as a gift for making the family proud.

Oga Gazzuzz the car has been to your workshop before sometime last year for a scan. You even complemented on the engine and all the kazeems out there. I even told you when i'm ready, i'd bring it to your heavenly car workshop for a thorough replacement. The car does a hard start sometimes reason for my coming to your workshop and you advised i change all wires that has been chopped off and misconnected while i'll be replacing the engine.

Lest i forget, yes the engine shifts properly, but when it wants to change to gear 3, it starts to jerk and goes back to 2. or it shifts to 3 after a severed jerk like it wants to stop. I was told its because the engine in it.

want to enjoy car, return original engine back.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by OlugbengaE: 5:48pm On Apr 05, 2017
Customs don seize my friends car oooo
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:14pm On Apr 05, 2017
slegdehammer:
God bless you Mr gazzuzz..the car is 4 cylinder(2005) accord..it is cable throttle..

T
GAZZUZZ:

[color=#990000]Focus on these two codes
P2646 HONDA Rocker Arm Oil Pressure Switch Circuit Low Voltage

Faulty Variable Valve Timing and Lift Electronic Control (VTEC) / Rocker Arm Oil Pressure Switch

P0122 Throttle Position Sensor/Switch A Circuit Low Input.

A little more description of your engine type will help. V6 or 4cylinder? Electronic throttle body or throttle cable?

The other 2 codes are faulty O2 sensors on Bank 1 sensor1 and Bank 1 sensor 2.

This is DIY only if you are good with tools.

[/color]

Learn to use the quote function.

TPS fault will cause transmission shift issues, Vtech/rocker arm codes will cause limp mode issues.

O2 sensors codes will cause a hole in your pocket (High fuel mileage)

Note, it is possible all these devices are functioning properly, but have bad electrical contact. Do not buy any part, until you are sure the devices are bad.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by igbsam(m): 7:39pm On Apr 05, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

want to enjoy car, return original engine back.

Exactly what i want to do my oga. Have an idea how much i should budget for this alongside the re-wiring ? Want to take the car back to its default state and na your mechanical clinic i want the operations done!
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by igbsam(m): 7:40pm On Apr 05, 2017
OlugbengaE:
Customs don seize my friends car oooo

Ah!!! Wetin happen ?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:19pm On Apr 05, 2017
igbsam:

Exactly what i want to do my oga. Have an idea how much i should budget for this alongside the re-wiring ? Want to take the car back to its default state and na your mechanical clinic i want the operations done!

It is over 400k. I still think it is better to sell vehicle as it is.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by OlugbengaE: 10:30am On Apr 06, 2017
Check engine light on after cleaning maf sensor

Gazzuzz
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:20am On Apr 06, 2017
OlugbengaE:

Gazzuzz

What did you use to clean it? shocked

This is what I use.

Scan to reveal codes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by sholarb(m): 11:43am On Apr 06, 2017
OlugbengaE:

Gazzuzz

Ensure maf connector/plug is clean and properly plugged in. Happened to me once...plugged it properly then disconnected battery negetive terminal for few seconds and code cleared.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by OlugbengaE: 12:39pm On Apr 06, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

What did you use to clean it? shocked

This is what I use.

Scan to reveal codes

Codes cleared after removing the negative terminal for few minutes.

I used same cleaner abro even though youtubers recommend CRC MAF sensor cleaner.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by walemetro: 1:25pm On Apr 06, 2017
i had the exact same thing happen with my 05 honda element. stopped going into reverse and only drive would work. flushed and changed recommended gear fluid. only made it worse started stalling in drive too. end of the day...had to get a new tranny (gear)
otunbakolawole:
hello house,

I religiously serviced my honda accord gear recently with the Honda recommended ATF , only to drive it maybe thrice all over a distance of 100km. Last night, i noticed the green light on the D started to blink, this morning, it doesnt engage in reverse gear, the drive works, anybody experienced this? I hope no be new gear this car want to demand @ this critical time? Any advise on what i should
do

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by toluxa1(m): 1:46pm On Apr 06, 2017
Great work you guys are doing here! Can anyone here recommend a very good Honda mechanic in Abuja please. There are way too many half baked mekos.
1. I have been having issues with the "leg" of my Honda Pilot for while. Spent over 50k to change this and that, but I still keep hearing all sought of sounds in front and back.

2. There is an issue I have had with my 2003 Pilot since I started using it, changing from gear 1 to 2 always Jack's but others are smooth. One time I changed the gear oil and it reduced (still wasn't smooth) but it's back again.

3. My check engine light is permanently on and once I get to a particular speed it begins to blink. It also vibrates at around that speed untill I either reduce my speed or increase it pass that speed.

What are the most likely solutions to these issues and I'll also appreciate the contact of a competent Mechanic in Abuja.

Cheers all
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:13pm On Apr 06, 2017
toluxa1:
Great work you guys are doing here! Can anyone here recommend a very good Honda mechanic in Abuja please. There are way too many half baked mekos.
1. I have been having issues with the "leg" of my Honda Pilot for while. Spent over 50k to change this and that, but I still keep hearing all sought of sounds in front and back.

2. There is an issue I have had with my 2003 Pilot since I started using it, changing from gear 1 to 2 always Jack's but others are smooth. One time I changed the gear oil and it reduced (still wasn't smooth) but it's back again.

3. My check engine light is permanently on and once I get to a particular speed it begins to blink. It also vibrates at around that speed untill I either reduce my speed or increase it pass that speed.

What are the most likely solutions to these issues and I'll also appreciate the contact of a competent Mechanic in Abuja.

Cheers all

+234 703 458 1213 mike
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Muyesky(m): 10:31am On Apr 07, 2017
Muyesky:
Hello everyone, my 2005 honda accord makes the cracking sound/noise whenever I start it in the morning and thereafter gets bad to normal after some few minutes. This also happens when the car is parked for several hours. Was advised to change the adjuster, which I did. All to no avail.

Please I need assistance on the issue raised
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by honmusa(m): 1:54pm On Apr 07, 2017
Obaluf0n:

Thank you.
15k, I thought it cost muh more than that?
Don't quote me ,it is jsut as assumption.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by honmusa(m): 1:55pm On Apr 07, 2017
Obaluf0n:

Thank you.
15k, I thought it cost muh more than that?
Don't quote me ,it is just an assumption.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Malawian(m): 9:59pm On Apr 09, 2017
pls, what causes the car to jut forward like when it is getting into second gear.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by honmusa(m): 10:05pm On Apr 09, 2017
Malawian:
pls, what causes the car to jut forward like when it is getting into second gear.
new gear loading !!?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by honmusa(m): 10:05pm On Apr 09, 2017
Malawian:
new gear loading !!!
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Malawian(m): 10:14pm On Apr 09, 2017
honmusa:

new gear loading !!!
any solution now? it started after fixing the vtech.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by honmusa(m): 6:24am On Apr 10, 2017
Malawian:
any solution now? it started after fixing the vtech.
Try to scan it first
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:32am On Apr 10, 2017
Malawian:

your description of the problem is incorrect. Engine is in limp mode.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Namzy(m): 2:11pm On Apr 10, 2017
Honda accord 2004 i4 Car jerks from gear one to 2 no codes (no d light flashing no check engine light) car has been scanned by sophisticated equipment yet no codes. You have to gently ease into gear 2 by doing that jerk is minimal. Jerking also is noticed more when entering gear 2 on hilly Road. All other gears engage smoothly and funny enough after the jerking started car started have smooth acceleration after entering gear 2. Jerking has been on for about 5 months. Atf fluid still clear and I changed it when it started and I'm using atf z1
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by bigwizzy001(m): 8:53am On Apr 11, 2017
Luvinhubby, Gazzuzz and other engineers in the house. Please bail me out o.

I want to revive my honda halla that has been parked for close to 5 years cuz of its transmission issues. When the gear started acting funny, my mechanic said I should buy another one which I did. He fixed it and put abro fluid(not knowing abro is a killer fluid for Honda gear). The Kazeem even encouraged me not to use another ATF other than Abro. My car only became normal for a period of 2 months and the gear started acting weird again. When I called him, he said I needed to change the gear again so I had to park the car since then (2012) as I have access to some other cars. I'm now trying to bring it back to life so I called another mechanic 6 days ago. He tried starting it but the engine didn't come up. He checked the fuel pump and washed the tank as the petrol inside it has "expired"(that's the grammar he used). We
fixed the tank 2 days ago, fuelled it and replaced all the nozzles and the car got ignited. The engine is working normally but the transmission issue still remain which I need your advise on how to normalise it. Below are the symptoms I noticed before parking the car 5 years ago:

1. It takes the car approximately 7-10 mins to move after shifting the gear stick to D

2. The car runs great only on a level road. It retards and come to a halt whenever there's any elevation on the road. It couldn't climb hills or go further whenever the road is getting higher. It became so embarrassing that I would have to park for some times before I would be able to go further.

A friend said the mechanic should wash the gear sensors and change the gearbox but I want to be prudent in my spending.

Please what do I do?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Namzy(m): 9:08am On Apr 11, 2017
bigwizzy001:

I want to revive my honda halla that has been parked for close to 5 years cuz of its transmission issues. When the gear started acting funny, my mechanic said I should buy another one which I did. He fixed it and put abro fluid(not knowing abro is a killer fluid for Honda gear). The Kazeem even encouraged me not to use another ATF other than Abro. My car only became normal for a period of 2 months and the gear started acting weird again. When I called him, he said I needed to change the gear again so I had to park the car since then (2012) as I have access to some other cars. I'm now trying to bring it back to life so I called another mechanic 6 days ago. He tried starting it but the engine didn't come up. He checked the fuel pump and washed the tank as the petrol inside it has "expired"(that's the grammar he used). We
fixed the tank 2 days ago, fuelled it and replaced all the nozzles and the car got ignited. The engine is working normally but the transmission issue still remain which I need your advise on how to normalise it. Below are the symptoms I noticed before parking the car 5 years ago:

1. It takes the car approximately 7-10 mins to move after shifting the gear stick to D

2. The car runs great only on a level road. It retards and come to a halt whenever there's any elevation on the road. It couldn't climb hills or go further whenever the road is getting higher. It became so embarrassing that I would have to park for some times before I would be able to go further.

A friend said the mechanic should wash the gear sensors and change the gearbox but I want to be prudent in my spending.

Please what do I do?
Change the gear oil ist
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:05am On Apr 11, 2017
bigwizzy001:

Please what do I do?

Replace gear. Good luck finding 1 that is less than 300,000miles cheesy convert car to manual if you want to enjoy it, finding a functional transmission will be a herculean task.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by SmartchoicesNG: 11:07am On Apr 11, 2017
Convert to manual.... You'll enjoy your vehicle fully.

Contact Gazzuzz... He'll do a good job.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:11am On Apr 11, 2017
SmartchoicesNG:

Contact Gazzuzz SmartchoicesNG ... He'll do a good job.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by bigwizzy001(m): 11:22am On Apr 11, 2017
Namzy:

Change the gear oil ist

Noted but i still need to ask, will ATF DW-1 be good for Honda halla automatic transmission?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by bigwizzy001(m): 11:24am On Apr 11, 2017
SmartchoicesNG:

Contact Gazzuzz... He'll do a good job.

Like how much will it cost me to convert to manual transmission? thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (433) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.