Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,701 members, 7,809,664 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:43 PM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (889199 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (432) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 6:10pm On Aug 20, 2014
adanny01: luvinhubby, i need quote of these parts for 2003 Honda accord and waybill to Akwa Ibom state.

1. Tie rod ends
2. Lower ball joint
3. Upper and lower arm bushings
4. Intake Air filter
The sloop brand is a prefered choice
SMS your e-mail address to me.
Check my signature for phone no.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by shamecurls(m): 7:41pm On Aug 21, 2014
@ luvinhubby -How much is the timing belt kit for 2004 honda pilot?

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Ngutor(m): 9:28am On Aug 22, 2014
Good day guys. I ran a scan on my car(2005 Honda Accord I4, EX) and it came up with three codes
41-05: H02S (A/F Sensor) S1 Heater Circuit malfunction Permanent
41-05: H02S (A/F Sensor) S1 Heater Circuit malfunction Temporary
11-01: Right Front Wheel Sensor Open or Short
PLEASE I will need some help on these
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 8:24pm On Aug 22, 2014
Ngutor: Good day guys. I ran a scan on my car(2005 Honda Accord I4, EX) and it came up with three codes
41-05: H02S (A/F Sensor) S1 Heater Circuit malfunction Permanent
41-05: H02S (A/F Sensor) S1 Heater Circuit malfunction Temporary
11-01: Right Front Wheel Sensor Open or Short
PLEASE I will need some help on these
The codes are for Oxygen sensor and ABS sensor.
Although the codes are appear confusing `cos Honda OBD codes are something like P---(four digit numbers), but from your code meanings, it is for Bank 1 sensor 1 and right wheel ABS sensor.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Ngutor(m): 7:34am On Aug 23, 2014
luvinhubby:
The codes are for Oxygen sensor and ABS sensor.
Although the codes are appear confusing `cos Honda OBD codes are something like P---(four digit numbers), but from your code meanings, it is for Bank 1 sensor 1 and right wheel ABS sensor.
Thank you sir. Means I have to replace then?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 7:45pm On Aug 23, 2014
Ngutor:
Thank you sir. Means I have to replace then?
Definetly.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by arinola2: 9:40am On Aug 24, 2014
Hi all,

I would like to introduce a product for all Honda accord/civic users (accord 2003 - 2009).
It is actually a "key cover" that serve quite a number of purpose as shown below;

(1) It protects the panel in the key when it falls down (anti-shock); this ensure it has limited effect on the panel (Its rubber made)
(2) It ensure water droplets on the "lock/unlock" button of the key does not get into the panel.
(3) It make the key looks stylish and very unique (than the regular/factory) key cover.

Its easy to wear. It is worn directly on the regular/factory key cover.
It comes in different color as shown in the attached picture.
Fits Honda accord and civic as mentioned earlier (must be exact shape with 2 or 3 buttons as shown in the picture).

Location; Lagos/Abuja.

Bulk purchase attracts discount.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Marpol: 3:34pm On Aug 27, 2014
Please who has seen a picture of what a shift interlock solenoid for a 2003 Honda Accord V6 looks like.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by turok: 6:33pm On Aug 27, 2014
That is it

Marpol: Please who has seen a picture of what a shift interlock solenoid for a 2003 Honda Accord V6 looks like.

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Vuitton(m): 3:01pm On Aug 28, 2014
Nice thread..

I'm having a problem with my power steering. It started with a leakage from the hose, which I changed. Then I noticed it was still leaking from some lower hose underneath the a/c compressor, so I had to top the fluid every 4 days on average.

However, today, the leakage has extended to the area of the steering rack and I can't drive the car cos of this.

My car is an Accord 02 LX (Baby boy)

The mech says I have to change the whole rack but it seems expensive.. the steering is still smooth when I top the fluid, only that it leaks out after a 10min drive. I feel it's some rubber or seal that is broken and can be fixed along with changing the hose..

Please house, can I get some advice with regards to if the leakage in the steering rack can be fixed and also the price of another.

I plan to personally go to oyingbo 2mr morning to solve the problem..
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by VantagePoint: 8:07am On Aug 30, 2014
My '03 EOD makes this rhythmic, cyclical dull sound in the front wheels when I am on motion. The sound is particularly distinct when on smooth, newly-paved roads.
I have taken it to different mechanics with different explanations; engine seats, wheel hubs .
My dilemma is no one seems to be SURE of the cause, and I don't want to spend money replacing any of these only for the sound to remain. I don't know if ezperienced guys in the house can hazard a guess as to the cause?
Also, on 2 different occasions, my engine jerked while in drive with the brakes applied. This has happened only twice. My mechanic inspected it and could find nothing wrong with it. Any possible explanations, guys?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by OperaMini1(m): 12:18pm On Aug 31, 2014
My '03 EOD steering moves to the left while on motion. I took it to the mechanic, he checked the tie-rods and ball joints, and said they are ok, what then could be wrong?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by mozee: 6:27pm On Aug 31, 2014
Vuitton: Nice thread..
I'm having a problem with my power steering. It started with a leakage from the hose, which I changed. Then I noticed it was still leaking from some lower hose underneath the a/c compressor, so I had to top the fluid every 4 days on average.
However, today, the leakage has extended to the area of the steering rack and I can't drive the car cos of this.
My car is an Accord 02 LX (Baby boy)
The mech says I have to change the whole rack but it seems expensive.. the steering is still smooth when I top the fluid, only that it leaks out after a 10min drive. I feel it's some rubber or seal that is broken and can be fixed along with changing the hose..
Please house, can I get some advice with regards to if the leakage in the steering rack can be fixed and also the price of another.
I plan to personally go to oyingbo 2mr morning to solve the problem..

Change your steering rack
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by mozee: 6:32pm On Aug 31, 2014
OperaMini1: My '03 EOD steering moves to the left while on motion. I took it to the mechanic, he checked the tie-rods and ball joints, and said they are ok, what then could be wrong?

Do a wheel balancing and alignment, and tell them to gauge all your tyres making sure the pressure is all the same.

Cheers
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by mozee: 7:37pm On Aug 31, 2014
luvinhubby:
The vibration when brake is applied is your disc rotors and your brake pads.
The A/C vibration is either your engine mounts, dirty injector nozzles or faulty throttle body sensor.

Hi Luvinhuby,
I have the same problem with my Honda 2003 LX, though I noticed the back engine mount seems to have broken a bit. My car vibrates on D and when the AC is on. You mentioned something about the THROTTLE BODY SENSOR, what is that please?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by adanny01(m): 10:47pm On Aug 31, 2014
OperaMini1: My '03 EOD steering moves to the left while on motion. I took it to the mechanic, he checked the tie-rods and ball joints, and said they are ok, what then could be wrong?

Do wheel balancing and alignment. Also swap your tires.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by OperaMini1(m): 9:56am On Sep 03, 2014
mozee:
Do a wheel balancing and alignment, and tell them to gauge all your tyres making sure the pressure is all the same.
Cheers

adanny01:

Do wheel balancing and alignment. Also swap your tires.

I've done all these, still the problem persists.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by adanny01(m): 1:31pm On Sep 03, 2014

Its possible you have a steering problem, thats when you have excessive play on your steering.

With engine off your steering should not move more than inch. In a quiet place shake you steering vigourously and hear for gaps. The steering pinion and universal joint can cause excessive play.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Toksytoks(m): 2:40pm On Sep 03, 2014
cleaning the throttle body at times aggravates issues. i drive a 2009 Honda accord and i had my throttle body cleaned at oyingbo ( CALLED INJECTOR HEAD ) and and my car idle became disrupted. The car the Rpm became high at almost 2 and wouldn't drop to 1 or below 1 even after waiting for several minutes to allow the engine warm. i had to change the throttle body. i spent 43k on a tokunbo throttle body and my car fuel consumption has almost doubled. when i start the car , i perceive the " incomplete" combustion smell from the exhaust. Another mechanic suggested i change the air sensor.

pannyman:

You should have the throttle body cleaned. All you need is a spray can of carburettor cleaner or injector cleaner and a piece of cloth. The throttle body is at the end of the big hose that leads from the air filter.

Undo the hose from the throttle body and spray inside the throttle body with the cleaner and wait a few minutes before wiping it clean, then couple it back and start your engine.

What's happening is that your engine is starved of oxygen because there is too much dust in the throttle body. Also clean your air filter.

Total cost of this operation should not be more than 1500 naira.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by davo3286: 10:45am On Sep 04, 2014
Toksytoks:
cleaning the throttle body at times aggravates issues. i drive a 2009 Honda accord and i had my throttle body cleaned at oyingbo ( CALLED INJECTOR HEAD ) and and my car idle became disrupted. The car the Rpm became high at almost 2 and wouldn't drop to 1 or below 1 even after waiting for several minutes to allow the engine warm. i had to change the throttle body. i spent 43k on a tokunbo throttle body and my car fuel consumption has almost doubled. when i start the car , i perceive the " incomplete" combustion smell from the exhaust. Another mechanic suggested i change the air sensor.

Guy, throttle body cleaning doesn't aggravate anything. It's either your mech doesn't know jack about throttle body cleaning or he knew but failed to follow proper procedure. I have done throttle body cleaning many times on my vehicles by myself. There is no electrical part inside the throttle body but a butterfly valve which usually get dirty with carbon hence the need to clean. Probably your mech used injector cleaner spray and sprayed too much of the fluid into the opening or he didn't couple the air hoses properly and therefore there is a vacuum leak which I believe was the cause of the high idle speed. What he should have done is allow it to dry after cleaning; couple everything securely and then perform the "Idle Speed Re-learn Procedure". Guy, you just wasted your money and probably you bought a bad throttle body. Did they perform the Idle Relearn Procedure after installation? I guess not.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Vuitton(m): 8:15am On Sep 09, 2014
Good morning Folks..

Ok so I changed my steering rack and the next day timing belt cut for my Accord '02. I changed it and new problems have emerged -

My horn doesn't work (Rewire says it's the airbag)

My car doesn't start instantly as before (instead of 1 sec, it kicks for 2 secs) and then when it wants to change gear from 1 - 2 or 2 - 3 it's does a crazy multiple back and forth jerk (which u can feel physically and see on the dashboard rpm) it's like a multiple revving up and down. This happens when I move wit some speed but if I'm cruising off its doesn't have such spasms.

Suggestions have been made that it's some sensor but I'm yet to see a competent Honda rewire to give me his opinion.

I wish to solve the horn issue asap as it causes me security risk at night when I go home. Thanks house..
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by drumma(m): 12:35pm On Sep 09, 2014
HALLOS TO ALL! been a while, I just sold my 2007 Honda DC and in the quest to upgrade to maybe an 08 or 09 of the same accord, I have been unlucky with getting a lovely ride. Hence I have been thinking of moving to the Infinity models and I do love that FX35 beast because of its mature look and the sense of driving something worthwhile.

My question however is this, coming from the parent company(Nissan), is it really a ride that will be worth the buy, maintenance and rest of mind like my Honda DC gave me? cos for a moment I think I kinda regret selling my accord.

I will appreciate any advise on the FX35 infinity model.

Regards

cc:luvinhubby
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by bimbor(m): 5:38pm On Sep 10, 2014
davo3286:

Guy, throttle body cleaning doesn't aggravate anything. It's either your mech doesn't know jack about throttle body cleaning or he knew but failed to follow proper procedure. I have done throttle body cleaning many times on my vehicles by myself. There is no electrical part inside the throttle body but a butterfly valve which usually get dirty with carbon hence the need to clean. Probably your mech used injector cleaner spray and sprayed too much of the fluid into the opening or he didn't couple the air hoses properly and therefore there is a vacuum leak which I believe was the cause of the high idle speed. What he should have done is allow it to dry after cleaning; couple everything securely and then perform the "Idle Speed Re-learn Procedure". Guy, you just wasted your money and probably you bought a bad throttle body. Did they perform the Idle Relearn Procedure after installation? I guess not.

How is the idle relearn procedure performed?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by davo3286: 7:55pm On Sep 10, 2014
bimbor:

How is the idle relearn procedure performed?

It's quite simple. Although, every brand has its own procedure. This is for Honda. You must perform the idle learn procedure whenever you disconnect or replace your battery or after cleaning or replacing intake manifold and/or the throttle body or doing certain other jobs or even disconnecting the TPS harness for instance or when you replace sensors. Now, this is my understanding of the procedure and how I have been doing it. You can get more precise method on the web.

IDLE LEARN PROCEDURE
1. Allow the engine to cool then make sure all electrical components e.g. A/C, lights, defogger, etc. are turned off.

2. Put the gear in "P" or "N"

3. Turn the ignition to "ON", wait for 2seconds then start the engine.

4. Step on the throttle, raise it to 3000rpm and hold it there until you hear the radiator fan come on or until the engine coolant or your temperature gauge reaches 90deg C.

5. After the radiator fan comes on, release the throttle (fully closed) and allow the engine to idle for 5mins. Do not turn on any electrical devises or systems during this 5mins period. Please note that if the radiator fan comes on again within the 5mins, do not count the period or time during which it's on as among the 5mins. For instance, lets say the engine had been idling for 3mins then the radiator fan comes on for say 2mins. Do not count the 2mins during which the fan was on.

After this procedure the car engine should idle far below 1000rpm...somewhere between 600 to 800rpm (I'm not sure of the exact speed though...maybe around say + or - 750rpm) depending on the health of your engine.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by micklplus(m): 10:00am On Sep 11, 2014

Any response house?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by pipolad(m): 1:49pm On Sep 11, 2014
My 03 accord gives this occasional jerk when I've been on the road for about 20mins (esp during hot weather). what amazes me is that when I shut off the engine and restart, the jerk goes away....

Pls advice house!
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by shamecurls(m): 7:24pm On Sep 11, 2014
micklplus:

Any response house?

Go do wheel Balancing and alighnment. Also, make sure ur tyres re in good condition.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by olajide8(m): 9:12pm On Sep 12, 2014
@luvin its been a while abi? YES- I need your help- (price) how much, can I get gear sensors "the 2 of them" - I changed my gear oil sometime ago and since then it has affected my gear, I didn't mind because I changed the sensors once and it still did the same thing, I was told the gear oil again- I guess the gear oil didn't work for my car- I have been towing (driving)the car around like that - but I guess its time I changed it - how much do they cost? Please- thanks
- 2003 honda/EOD
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by shoppyanno(m): 4:28pm On Sep 13, 2014
Hello folks, pls which is the recommended engine oil for EOD 2004 model & Civic 2007
Which of the engine oils in Nigeria can be used for the servicing?
Similarly, which Transmission Oil shld be used for both cars.
I'll appreciate if you give a brand name one can get around
Thanks in anticipation of your prompt reply
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by danaz(m): 5:54pm On Sep 13, 2014
Pls i nd hlp.i drive a honda academy 96 model..i notice it drinks fuel alot unusually. now my mechanic says i nd to fix a certain ' indomie ' to reduce the fuel consumption.pls i nd to knw if its true..the engine is 2.2 l capacity.can i replace with a 1.8l or 1.6l honda engine..im auto ignorant..pls i nd hlp
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by inze(m): 6:38pm On Sep 13, 2014
danaz: Pls i nd hlp.i drive a honda academy 96 model..i notice it drinks fuel alot unusually. now my mechanic says i nd to fix a certain ' indomie ' to reduce the fuel consumption.pls i nd to knw if its true..the engine is 2.2 l capacity.can i replace with a 1.8l or 1.6l honda engine..im auto ignorant..pls i nd hlp

What your mechanic referred to as "indomie" is your catalyst converter usually in your rear-exhaust. You might need to replace that to have your fuel economy back.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kuss: 10:39pm On Sep 14, 2014
please house how much does honda odyssey 1998 engine and transmission cost i need urgent answers
thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (432) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.