Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,747 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:42 PM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (893854 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (434) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 11:45am On Mar 18, 2015
mayorall:

Am happy for that. Will send you message to know how many minutes you spent but don't underrate the journey sir.

Left Ibadan (NNPC at General Gas) at 9:30AM, got to Ikire 9:45 (inclusive of slight traffic intrigues on the road).

Headed straight to Ife (go there at 10:11AM), passed Moro, the road used to be good, it is now very horrible. I got to Osogbo at few minutes to 11AM. Saw a Tundra type truck and a 'hummer bus' I got to Gbongan with; we got to Osogbo at the same time.

On my way back I'll ply the Gbongan route to Ife, then on my way back to Ibadan from Ife, I'll be stopping at Ikire to grab a few bottles at DeCool or Heritage then see Babe and head continue my drive to Ibadan.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by mayorall(m): 12:43pm On Mar 18, 2015
9jacrip:

Left Ibadan (NNPC at General Gas) at 9:30AM, got to Ikire 9:45 (inclusive of slight traffic intrigues on the road).

Headed straight to Ife (go there at 10:11AM), passed Moro, the road used to be good, it is now very horrible. I got to Osogbo at few minutes to 11AM. Saw a Tundra type truck and a 'hummer bus' I got to Gbongan with; we got to Osogbo at the same time.

On my way back I'll ply the Gbongan route to Ife, then on my way back to Ibadan from Ife, I'll be stopping at Ikire to grab a few bottles at DeCool or Heritage then see Babe and head continue my drive to Ibadan.

Well done boss. You used 1hour 15 minutes. 1:30minutes isn't too small for a learner and my car quality too. Your analysis showed I over-speed as a learner. I used 1:15 mins too while coming back.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 1:20pm On Mar 18, 2015
mayorall:

Well done boss. You used 1hour 15 minutes. 1:30minutes isn't too small for a learner and my car quality too. Your analysis showed I over-speed as a learner. I used 1:15 mins too while coming back.

Learner keh?

Car quality? Engine and tranny being in top shape is the koko.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ujuesther: 9:16pm On Mar 18, 2015
Hello Friends,

I am not very vast in this area but I want to know when it will become necessary to change my Gear oil.

I also want to know the prescribed ATF for Honda 2002 Model as I just got one Oando Gear Oil.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by bashexyz: 2:03pm On Mar 20, 2015
My Honda Accord 2007 DC(I4) doesnt accelerate beyond 3000RPM after i washed the engine few weeks back. And my steering vibrates when in idle and gets worse when i turn on the A.C, Changed engine seat, spark plugs and air filter still same thing. Any suggestions of a good mechanic who can fix it.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by abuhubaidah: 2:58pm On Mar 20, 2015
bashexyz:

My Honda Accord 2007 DC(I4) doesnt accelerate beyond 3000RPM after i washed the engine few weeks back. And my steering vibrates when in idle and gets worse when i turn on the A.C, Changed engine seat, spark plugs and air filter still same thing. Any suggestions of a good mechanic who can fix it.
run a scan on the vehicle or bring it to our workshop at Alagomeji...call me on 08099421303
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Inception(m): 4:18pm On Mar 20, 2015
ujuesther:
Hello Friends,

I am not very vast in this area but I want to know when it will become necessary to change my Gear oil.

I also want to know the prescribed ATF for Honda 2002 Model as I just got one Oando Gear Oil.

Remedy for the destruction of your transmission.
use only honda atf (DW1) for your transmission, or else it will pack up(i assure you that)
contact luvinhubby for it . i think it sells for about 3k /quart
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 4:41pm On Mar 20, 2015
bashexyz:

You should not wash or have washed your engine, not at all.

From experience, the throttle body sensor must have been damaged.

Run a scan.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by mayorall(m): 4:47pm On Mar 20, 2015
bashexyz:

I guess your compressor is drawing your engine. Off the AC/compressor and feel the difference.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by yayoxus: 11:32pm On Mar 20, 2015
Guys I seriously need ur help. My Honda civic coupe 98 shakes which looks like its the fault of engine seat/mount because even the gear hand shakes. I changed fuel pump, fuel filter, injector sensor and even nossles but all in vain. My mechanic said I should come so they can check the inner shaft. But my mind is not at rest. Pls enlighten me of the possible cause.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by turok: 12:25pm On Mar 23, 2015
My honda 95 is blinking D4
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by igbsam(m): 7:53am On Mar 24, 2015
How much can I get a compressor for my 2003 Honda Accord. My AC is no longer getting cold and I was told the compressor is bad. meanwhile, I want to know....is it repairable ? If you have someone within lagos that is an expert in Car AC/Compressor. Pls do let me know.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by mayo47(m): 1:22pm On Mar 24, 2015
Please my Honda DC refuses to start when I buy fuel, I only manage to start it after continuous pumping of the throttle. What could be the problem?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:44am On Mar 26, 2015
bashexyz:

Your car is in limp mode, disconnect all sockets connecting vtec and crank sensor, clean water off and allow to dry, problem should be solved.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:46am On Mar 26, 2015
mayo47:
Please my Honda DC refuses to start when I buy fuel, I only manage to start it after continuous pumping of the throttle. What could be the problem?

The problem "could" be a lot of things.... Low fuel pressure could be a more likely culprit, but In diagnosing a fault, its best going about it methodically, not throwing parts at a problem. 08023251039 if you are in lagos.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:47am On Mar 26, 2015
yayoxus:
Guys I seriously need ur help. My Honda civic coupe 98 shakes which looks like its the fault of engine seat/mount because even the gear hand shakes. I changed fuel pump, fuel filter, injector sensor and even nossles but all in vain. My mechanic said I should come so they can check the inner shaft. But my mind is not at rest. Pls enlighten me of the possible cause.

You seem to love changing parts...... Is your car rough idling?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:52am On Mar 26, 2015
9jacrip:

The best way to measure fuel consumption is to factor in the number of km covered. E.g mayorall uses a 2.0liter accorrd which should give him a 10liter-100km. Meaning a full tank of 60liters should average 600km (highway driving). City driving will average 12l-100km.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:54am On Mar 26, 2015
9jacrip:

You should not wash or have washed your engine, not at all.

From experience, the throttle body sensor must have been damaged.

Run a scan.

I doubt the throttle body is damaged. It is a sealed unit.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 8:03am On Mar 26, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

I doubt the throttle body is damaged. It is a sealed unit.

Bro, my engine was washed, car became messed up, gear reved very high before switching and even with a very tough bang.

Ran a scan and we discovered the sensor on the throttle body had been killed so the entire thing was swapped and regulated with a scanner.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:30am On Mar 26, 2015
9jacrip:

Bro, my engine was washed, car became messed up, gear reved very high before switching and even with a very tough bang.

Ran a scan and we discovered the sensor on the throttle body had been killed so the entire thing was swapped and regulated with a scanner.

"You said a sensor on the throttle body." I still maintain that the throttle body is a sealed unit (electronic throttle body), water might be able to get into the sockets but certainly not inside the throttle body. The sensor on your throttle body is called map (manifold absolute pressure) if that gets bad there would be a lot of hesitation loss of power and black smoke from the exhaust. The map can be sold differently for as low as 2k.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 1:38pm On Mar 26, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

"You said a sensor on the throttle body." I still maintain that the throttle body is a sealed unit (electronic throttle body), water might be able to get into the sockets but certainly not inside the throttle body. The sensor on your throttle body is called map (manifold absolute pressure) if that gets bad there would be a lot of hesitation loss of power and black smoke from the exhaust. The map can be sold differently for as low as 2k.

There is nowhere in my post that I stated water got into the T.body as a whole.

I said, from what happened to my car (accord 04), after engine wash the car was entirely messed up which made me think it was transmission for sometime but it was the 'Throttle Position Sensor' that gor wetted and needed replacement.

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:28pm On Mar 26, 2015
9jacrip:

I said, from what happened to my car (accord 04), after engine wash the car was entirely messed up which made me think it was transmission for sometime but it was the 'Throttle Position Sensor' that gor wetted and needed replacement.

I see, thats a tps for a cable type of throttle body, you didn't have to replace whole throttle body you could have bought just the tps, if I was your mechanic, i Would have even fixed that part.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by oroagba: 9:36pm On Mar 26, 2015
Advice needed. My Odyssey 1999 appears to be shorting engine oil, though I'm not absolutely sure the mechanic bought the required extra 1liter (to make 5L) during the last oil change. Also, water in radiator reduces and I have to put water like once a week. Is there a connection between the two? Radiator issue has been on for several months but there is no apparent leakage. Finally, I've seen advice on this thread that ABRO ATF is ok for powersteering, is this correct pls?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by saintrise: 1:24am On Mar 27, 2015
Get someone to use abro and flush the engine sensor...my Honda accord 2003 started have such funny issues after the engine was washed....flush d engine sensor with abro or fuel...
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by oroagba: 4:07am On Mar 27, 2015
saintrise:
Get someone to use abro and flush the engine sensor...my Honda accord 2003 started have such funny issues after the engine was washed....flush d engine sensor with abro or fuel...

I did had the engine washed sometimes last year, and several lights remained on on the dashboard immediately after. HoWeber, everything went back to normal the following morning. I can't really recall if the issues started then.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by oluwaleokey: 6:41am On Mar 27, 2015
hello Gents
Glad to join this wonderful and informative thread
Have a 2001 honda accord baby boy (manual gear), lost my first engine in the hands of quake road side mechanics after many trials on the engine timing belt, well, to cut the long story short... i bought a new engine but it has not served up to three months the engine started acting funny, when i accelerate on a neutral gear (warming) the rpm metre is restricted, i mean it never passes number 3, jerks the engine sort of.
on highway, i cant accelerate more than 120 besides if you waste time in selecting gear 2 to 3, it would jerk (irritating frustrating).
one mechanic said its an in built police sensor inside the engine but i was scared to permit them work on it coz me never enjoy my new tukunbo engine.
recently, a friend introduced me to obd scan machine.
i bought and ran the scan and got the following result:

"current fault" P0335 - power train crankshaft position sensor A circuit

"current fault" P0172 - power train system too rich (Bank 1)

"current fault" P0141 - power train O2 sensor heater circuit (bank 1 sensor 2)

"pending fault" P0505 - power train idle control system

Misfire: complete
fuel system: complete
components: complete
Reserved: Not avail
Heated Catalyst: Not avail
Catalyst: incomplete
Evaporative Sys: incomplete
Secondary air sys: not avail
A/C Refrigerant: not avail
02 sensor: incomplete
02 sensor heater: complete
EGR system: incomplete

i have no clue about the result, please guru in the house help put me through.
i appreciate
thank you
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 10:08am On Mar 27, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

I see, thats a tps for a cable type of throttle body, you didn't have to replace whole throttle body you could have bought just the tps, if I was your mechanic, i Would have even fixed that part.

No parts retailer was willing to remove/sell the tps, they claimed it would render the throttle body unmarketable, so I had to buy the entire brick.

Although they had the new/china made tps but they failed to work.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:16am On Mar 27, 2015
9jacrip:

No parts retailer was willing to remove/sell the tps, they claimed it would render the throttle body unmarketable, so I had to buy the entire brick.

Although they had the new/china made tps but they failed to work.

Keep the old parts they might be useful in the future.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 10:21am On Mar 27, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Keep the old parts they might be useful in the future.

Yup, all stashed in the store.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by rosebase(f): 1:24pm On Mar 27, 2015
1) it's so hard to shifting the gear lever on my honda bulldog, sometimes I use my two hands to shift it which is abnormal.
2) my ignition do off on motion whenever I slow down, until I restart it.
3) what is the normal tire gauge for travelling lets say from lagos to ibadan?

thanks guys
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:15pm On Mar 27, 2015
rosebase:
1) it's so hard to shifting the gear lever on my honda bulldog, sometimes I use my two hands to shift it which is abnormal.
2) my ignition do off on motion whenever I slow down, until I restart it.
3) what is the normal tire gauge for travelling lets say from lagos to ibadan?

thanks guys

1. Gear lever might need replacement (8,000)

2. Description not clear.

3. Its written on the drivers door.
But I guess its 30psi- 33psi
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by fearless2014: 5:52pm On Mar 27, 2015
9jacrip:

Throttle body rarely gets bad, what spoils is the sensor for cable & actuator for cableless.
The problem is getting the genuine sensors & that is why folks resort to the toks.
Contact luvinhubby (08029255299), he stocks oem parts, got my Honda genuine coolant/antifreeze from him.

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (434) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: 3KINGZ18

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.