Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,956 members, 7,825,000 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (894982 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (434) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:10am On Apr 09, 2015
eginaP:
I have a budget of N650,000. Is it possible to get a good Nigeria used EOD. "Tokunbo will be appreciated too"

Nigerian used possibly V6.

But Toks
[img]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT_KBAVSrvKixscjYWu_Hozfc7rbAe09PvV89n33ZnTR8qSzSM6IARktLIFnw[/img]

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by igbsam(m): 7:35am On Apr 09, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

At 10-11v engine will still run, does not mean alternator ok.

please enlighten us more ? what do you think could be the suspect ? I took d car for scanning and everything came out okay. Just some sensor O2 error which has been corrected, but problem still persist. Could it be that enough voltage isn't goinf in from the alternator to the battery ?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 6:18am On Apr 10, 2015
Benz4pimp:
Where driving my baby boy 1999,I notice that when I get to the level of gear 3,the car fails to move fore a while then it suddenly picks up and same thing happens when I want to over take,it like the gear returns and suddenly picks but does not move.please what is the solution?
- Burnt ATF
- Faulty gear solenoid (flat switch)
- Your gear is singing 'oh lord i'm coming home'. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:59am On Apr 10, 2015
luvinhubby:

- Burnt ATF
- Faulty gear solenoid (flat switch)
- Your gear is singing 'oh lord i'm coming home' . cheesy
grin grin grin grin
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by sniperwolf(m): 10:17pm On Apr 10, 2015
I noticed that the gear oil of my 2006 Honda Civic is leaking after it was allegedly repaired by a mechanic. Who can help me fix this and how much
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Toludo(m): 3:11pm On Apr 11, 2015
Does anyone know how much it costs to buy a Brand new tyre for Honda Pilot 2006 Model and a New Battery, I will be awaiting your feedbacks. Thank You
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by afeez20(m): 7:02pm On Apr 11, 2015
hello luvinhubby
please i live in uk @ the moment and i've been checking threads about what and what not on honda.i plan to buy Honda accord 2003 model
it is a 2.0 i-vtec sport 4D......please whats the fuel economy in respect with the I-VTEC nd Sport specification,and peculiar problem with this model of honda..it comes in RHD can it easily be converted witout future problem any idea of the conversion price
luvinhubby:
Check your power steering oil containers, it's often neglected by car owners & technicians. When dirty, it pushes dirt into the pump causing damage and failure.
More tips coming.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ikeyman00(m): 10:22pm On Apr 11, 2015
@@@

its a very strong and reliable

as long as the thermostat and oxygen sensor are not tempered nothing to worry for heaven sake

but by the way the clearance fee at lagos should be considered as well

so i guess its either this is your car in UK or u got it cheap to off set the premium charges u might incur
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by rainmaker12(m): 3:23am On Apr 13, 2015
Miroslavklose:
Guys, i really need your help and advice, especially from the experienced folk.

My car is 2007 Accord 2.4l American spec.

Its a 2014 California imported to Nigeria.

Just started driving it in March from previous user.

I think the fuel economy is very very poor.

Car drives very very smooth. No single issue.

No single check light.

I scanned the car myself and checked everything with the best scanners. NO SINGLE FAULT anywhere.

The car is still in factory mode and no mechanic has touched or changed any setting put therein by Manufacturer. So its not about thermostat or any thing else

I've changed air filter
I've changed factory plugs with the original G power platinum plugs cost 4000 naira to buy

I'm supposed to be getting city drive 20-22 mpg
highway 25-26mpg but with my highway/city drive, I get 15mpg which people in Nigeria can say 4 miles per litre or 6.3 km per litre.

I do 18miles per day from home to office via 3rd Mainland bridge (9 miles from home and another 9miles from Island to home). see the outcome below

This Morning yesterday 2/4/2015, I refilled the tank

The gauge was at half tank

I checked the miles and it was exactly 148 Miles

I refilled the tank back with 35 litres on the fuel dispensing
metre

Last week, It was 138miles =35litres

This week in which there was very little traffic and i drove
alot of high ways like 8 miles non stop to Church and another
8 miles non stop from church, i achieved 148miles =35litres

This is still crazy.

I need your help before i go mad completely with the car.

Please suggest way out of this mess

Thanks
Check ur tank, it's leaking. Had smiler experience, until I checked under the car after a strenuous day and found out. That's definitely d ish.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Mrcharming(m): 11:37am On Apr 14, 2015
Pls, wat engine oil and ATF can I use for 2010 Honda Accord. Tx.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 8:52pm On Apr 14, 2015
Mrcharming:
Pls, wat engine oil and ATF can I use for 2010 Honda Accord. Tx.
Check your oill cap, but most likely 5W-20, for the ATF, use ATF-DW1 from Honda.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 8:58pm On Apr 14, 2015
afeez20:
hello luvinhubby
please i live in uk @ the moment and i've been checking threads about what and what not on honda.i plan to buy Honda accord 2003 model
it is a 2.0 i-vtec sport 4D......please whats the fuel economy in respect with the I-VTEC nd Sport specification,and peculiar problem with this model of honda..it comes in RHD can it easily be converted witout future problem any idea of the conversion price
I presume car must be U.K spec of that accord.
Nice ride, but due to the peculiar nature of U.K. spec of accord & it's parts, the parts are not too common in nigeria, especially the body parts. Moreover converting a car in nigeria from right to left hand drive is often problematic, if you can, convert it in u.k. before shipping.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Mrcharming(m): 1:03pm On Apr 16, 2015
Thanks @luvinhubby.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Miroslavklose: 2:48pm On Apr 16, 2015
rainmaker12:

Check ur tank, it's leaking. Had smiler experience, until I checked under the car after a strenuous day and found out. That's definitely d ish.
Its not leaking
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:49am On Apr 17, 2015
Was privileged to meet a legend yesterday, he took me round the onyigbo market and introduced me to a lot of part sellers in different fields, thanks for the tour luvinghubby.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Marpol: 8:06am On Apr 17, 2015
GAZZUZZ:
Was privileged to meet a legend yesterday, he took me round the onyigbo market and introduced me to a lot of part sellers in different fields, thanks for the tour luvinghubby.

So you met him? That guy has a good heart.

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:03am On Apr 17, 2015
Marpol:

Very friendly nice chap.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by inze(m): 12:15pm On Apr 17, 2015
Marpol:

I thought I was the only one who has such to say about him.

But wait o marpol, why do I keep bumping up on you everywhere, autos, cartalk, treasure bill grin. Bros, I hail you o
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Marpol: 12:52pm On Apr 17, 2015
inze:

But wait o marpol, why do I keep bumping up on you everywhere, autos, cartalk, treasure bill grin. Bros, I hail you o

Hahahaha I too much jor.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 7:14pm On Apr 17, 2015
inze:

As in eh..

When I grow up I wan be like marpol o... cheesy tongue
Marpol is good...he is cool cool
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by md4real(m): 10:48am On Apr 19, 2015
Good day house

Please can i convert my factory fitted dispaly navigation screen on Honda Discussion continue 2006 to a video play? plus can you also help with a budget if its possible?

Regards
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ukata16(m): 5:17pm On Apr 19, 2015
Luvinhubby pls help, got a toks Honda accord 98. I'v changed virtually everything on the four legs. Now when I'm driving I notice a sound like iron rubbing somewhere especially when I'm slowing down. The mechanic checked and adjusted the new shaft but I stil notice the rubbing underneath as if it's under d throttle or wheels
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 8:06pm On Apr 19, 2015
ukata16:
Luvinhubby pls help, got a toks Honda accord 98. I'v changed virtually everything on the four legs. Now when I'm driving I notice a sound like iron rubbing somewhere especially when I'm slowing down. The mechanic checked and adjusted the new shaft but I stil notice the rubbing underneath as if it's under d throttle or wheels
Pls call me asap.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Lacomb(m): 10:04pm On Apr 19, 2015
Good day, please the AC of wifey's Honda bullet, isn't cooling at all, expecially during the day when the sun is high, it cools fairly in the morning and at night, I have had the gas filled but the issue still remains. What can I do or where can I have it checked in Lagos?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by rainmaker12(m): 12:42am On Apr 20, 2015
inze:

asin bross, me sef dey see o. ''jack of all threads''
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 7:37am On Apr 20, 2015
Good day sir i realy love what you guys are doing here. I bought a honda academy ( nigerian used) recently for the price of 150,000 naira, the interior is ok but the exterior is rough expecially the front side. The engine and gearbox have not been open but when ever the car is on high speed, the back tires shakes a little. So i was adviced to buy two back shock absobers, and one engine jack or holder in order to stop engine to shake a little bit. I also intend to spray the body and i was also adviced to buy the front bumber, two long black plastic under the two side of the vehicle. Personally want to change the two front trafigator lights and fill the gas cos the AC works . Sir i am new into this, so i want to know the price of all the parts. The cost to spray the vehicle before i go for them . Thanks, i am expecting respond.
Pix below

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by igbizen(m): 8:53am On Apr 20, 2015
I drive a 2005 EOD hybrid. I just changed my ball joint due to the advice I got here about stiff n noisy steering. pls I need another advice; wen ever I change my gear I hear noise and the the drive indicator n the dash board blinks continuously. what is wrong?

secondly, I just changed my compressor and when on slow speed, one side of the ac in the car cools better than the other but when on high speed both works well.any advice please....
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:03am On Apr 21, 2015
igbizen:
I drive a 2005 EOD hybrid. I just changed my ball joint due to the advice I got here about stiff n noisy steering. pls I need another advice; wen ever I change my gear I hear noise and the the drive indicator n the dash board blinks continuously. what is wrong?

secondly, I just changed my compressor and when on slow speed, one side of the ac in the car cools better than the other but when on high speed both works well.any advice please....

Car needs to be scanned.your compressor might be leeaking, cause its low on charge.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ukata16(m): 7:53am On Apr 21, 2015
luvinhubby:

Pls call me asap.
My oga. Thank you for your continuous assistance. I'm so grateful
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Mrcharming(m): 11:08am On Apr 21, 2015
Honda power accessories including the cigarette lighter are not working. Does anyone know what could be the problem? Thanks all.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by tidymaster(m): 1:41pm On Apr 21, 2015
My Ogas,

I have a blinking D4 - Honda Accord 2002 V6 - Now Drive the car like a manual transmission car..Stick has to be on 1 or 2 before it can move. D3 and D4 now accelerates...if i slow down, i have to take it back to 2 so it can pick well.

Apart from Changing the Gear, is there any other solution? Servicing etc? and where can i make the repairs?

Thanks everyone
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by adanny01(m): 2:03pm On Apr 21, 2015
Mrcharming:
Honda power accessories including the cigarette lighter are not working. Does anyone know what could be the problem? Thanks all.

Check its fuse!

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (434) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.